PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Myconid Spore King Loot Table is not what it was during Kunark.

Asher
04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
His loot table rarity should look like this:

common: Fungus Scale Covered Tunic
uncommon: Robe of Living Fungus
Rare: Fungus Covered Great Staff

I hunted through patch notes and unfortunately there was no mention of it there but I did find many mentions of it from people on monkly-business.com and Allakhazam.com

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200...=6360&start=50

------------

RE: Pricey By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, May 22nd 5:03 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
This is the common drop...but the King is very rare, and the camp is VERY hard to hold

-------------

King Tactics By: TheloniusMonk,
44 posts
Posted @ Thu, Apr 12th 10:44 PM 2001 Score: Excellent[4.80]
First off getting here is a pain. You can bypass the teleport room out tho.

Get into the Shroom area and move down the hallway to the right. You may or may not have to fight 1-3 roamers.

King and 2 others are on a platform. King spawns in middle.

You can set up opposite from the watery / open area against the wall. Be forewarned that sometimes MOB's will get healed thru the wall, so it is a careful balancing act to avoid fighting to close to roamers or in the wall.

* IF * the King is pulled you must get on him. Do NOT attempt to mez him. Perhaps a 60 Shaman or Enchanter could stop / slow him, we didn't have the luxury.

We had following party:
57 Enchanter
58/59 Bard
56 Paladin (Our tank)
55 Cleric
56 Mage
55 Monk (Yours truly)

Critical that the 55's con everything. Enchanter needed to know because of spell choice.

The Fungal is great for reducing downtime and combined with group / ind Chloro/Regrowth provides nice regen.

We killed King 4 times: 3 Tunics, 1 Robe.

Thelonius Monk

------------

And there are a ton of other people saying the drop is common on the page 3.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...em=2036&page=3

-------

Post Message
since nerf..
Posted: 2002-02-20 03:45:04 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
Trexate
6 posts
Score: Decent
So the drop rate has dropped, i heard that it hasn't even dropped once in the past 2 weeks. Anyone contradict this rumor?
Zeb's prices are at a firm 35k. Saw one or two for 40k on auctions. Mostly there are 100 people WTB fungi.

----------

Link to this post reduced
Posted: 2002-02-19 14:30:49 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
Friar crisiscbd

50 posts
Score: Decent
The drop rate of this has been reduced in a patch not too long ago. Prices going back up to around 40k on Povar
----------------------------
Crisis

More people confirming common drop rate:

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...fungus+covered

Post #15 has someone saying drop has been nerfed to rare. Dated Feb 7 2002.
This time frame is similar to what peopled mentioned on allakhazam.com

-----------------------

I don't know what else can be provided as proof but I am sure at least one of the Devs would know this if they had played around that time period. Fungi Tunic becoming rarer was common knowledge to people at that time.

Asher

Origin
04-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Yep. I recall it being: Tunic < Robe < Staff.

Loly Taa
04-16-2011, 10:41 PM
bump, seems like a decent aspect of classic that could be replicated.

SUSUGAM
04-16-2011, 11:27 PM
There were way too many tunics for sale around this era on live for it to be the rare. :( that said, I never farmed it so I dont know, I just bought and sold some.

Treats
04-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Conflicting reports on different servers here between the Robe and Fungi being the common drop:

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8750&highlight=living+fungus

Origin
04-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Myconid king drops 3 items

- Fungi covered scale tunic as common

- Robe of the living fungus as uncommon

- Fungi Covered greatstaff as rare.

Personally I've never seen the staff drop.

the tunic was recently nerfed to rare drop w/ the staff, and the robe as the common drop. hope this helps, and good luck

Used to farm King on Prexus like nobody's business and these accounts are definitely correct to my knowledge. Even as early as Kunark, we used to sell Fungi tunics for 20-30k a pop in EC.

Edit: The robe was made common after the nerf.

quido
04-17-2011, 09:25 AM
You owe me a tunic Nilbog/Uthgaard/Rogean.

Pay up or fight me irl.

Origin
04-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Bump.

Uthgaard
04-19-2011, 12:35 PM
After going to the sites linked to, it looks to me like the reports of the tunic being more common were cherry picked from a debate over the rarity.

Asher
04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
If it is more proof you want I will get it for you. No matter what question is being debated there will always be people on both sides. A majority of people said the Tunic was common. I know it was for sure because like Origin, I camped it a lot.

Initially the robe came out with the stats it is on our server. Which item you think is better the tunic or the robe? That is why Tunic is more common. When they nerfed the robe they didn't change the rarity and according to the posts on Alla and Monkly it was early Feb 2002.

I will search safe house, afterlife and FoH boards when I have time. If you will consider other dev's thoughts check with them. I am sure at least some of them will remember this. The drop going rare was huge news on all servers at that time.

Asher

Asher
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM
While there is no date listed it shows Tunic as being common:

http://eqdiary.tripod.com/quests/sebdrops.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjonze/guides/kunark/sebilis/sebilis.htm

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2860

note: I am sure thesafehouse.org used to display it properly but you can see the names of the column headings on the first line and the search for fungus covered and you will see that it would be under the common heading. Article dated Dec 1 2000

Asher

Asher
04-20-2011, 07:52 PM
/bump

if this proof still isn't sufficient please let me know what you are looking for. I don't believe Sony ever said anything officially about it and their new forums started in 2004. :(

Asher

baalzy
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
While there is no date listed it shows Tunic as being common:

http://eqdiary.tripod.com/quests/sebdrops.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjonze/guides/kunark/sebilis/sebilis.htm

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2860

note: I am sure thesafehouse.org used to display it properly but you can see the names of the column headings on the first line and the search for fungus covered and you will see that it would be under the common heading. Article dated Dec 1 2000

Asher

Try using the wayback machine to find snapshots in the 2000ish era of those same pages. That should be able to serve as proof if those sites existed then.

Asher
04-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Apparently thesafehouse.org has robots.txt configured to not be archived.

All the pages I linked are alive and functional and state that the Tunic was the common. My original post was people discussing it which I understand if the GMs don't accept that. That is why I posted both monkly-business and allakhazam websites even though there was a couple posts saying otherwise.

thesafehouse.org should be a reliable source I would think. I am just waiting to hear back from devs if this is sufficient or what other kind of proof they want.

Asher

ziahh
04-21-2011, 01:08 AM
back to when kunark came out the loot drop was this :
common: Fungus Scale Covered Tunic
uncommon: Robe of Living Fungus
Rare: Fungus Covered Great Staff

i remember that then it was switch later.

Ronas
04-21-2011, 02:23 AM
I concur.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=89&page=2

posted 2001

You guys really need this =0 I did this for karnors, but I never got around to posting it for Sebilis, so here goes. Enjoy

Past B1:

Gangrenous Scarab
Common: Gangrenous Beetle Mask
Uncommon: Elder Spiritist Helm
Rare: Staff of the Waterwalker

Froglok Bartender
Common: Sebilite Scale Gloves
Uncommon: Mrylokar's (Vambraces?)
Rare: Dark Scale Greaves

Froglok Repairer
Uncommon: Singing Steel Vambraces
Froglok Armorer
Uncommon: Singing Steel Bracer
Froggie
Uncommon: Singing Steel Helm

Froglok Armsman
Common: Sebilite Scale Leggings
Uncommon: Mrylokar's Helm
Rare: Truncheon of Doom

Froglok Chef:
Common: Sebilite Scale Tunic
Uncommon: Mrylokar's Bracer
Rare: Fayguard Bladecatcher

Rares at B2

Necrosis Scarab
Common: Cane of the Tranquil
Uncommon: Jaundiced Bone Vambraces
Rare: Crystaline Short Sword

Sebilite Guardian
Common: Larrikan's Mask
Uncommon: Lamentation
Rare: Wind Saber

Rares past B3

Gruplinort
Common: Elder Spiritist Bracer
Uncommon: Froglok Bonecasters Robe
Rare: Sarnak Warhammer

Froglok Ostiary
Common: Sebilite Scale Mantle and Neckguard
Uncommon: Donal's Vambraces of Mourning
Rare: Arbitors Combine Greatsword

Frenzied Pox Scarab
Common: Beetle Stinger
Uncommon: Deepwater Bracer
Rare: Imbued Fighters Staff

Brogg
Common: Clay Guardian Shield
Uncommon: Tolan's Darkwood Bracer
Rare: Ebon Mace

Froglok Pickler
Common: Sebilite Scale Belt
Uncommon: Donal's Bracer of Mourning
Rare: Zealots Incarnadine Sword

Froglok Commander
Common: Sebilite Scale Mask and Boots
Uncommon: Donal's Helm of Mourning
Rare: Green Jade Halberd

Crypt *Past locked door at B2*

Hierophant Prime Grekal
Common: Sword of Skyfire
Uncommon: Hierophants Cloak
Rare: Sword of the Morning

Baron Yosig
Common: Journeymans Walking Stick
Uncommon: Tolan's Darkwood Helm
Rare: Cane of Harmony

Harbinger Freglor
Common: Box of Nil Space
Uncommon: Knuckle Dusters
Rare: ??

Arch Duke Iatol
Common: Ykeshan War Club
Uncommon: Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Rare: Silken Whip of Ensnaring

Emperor Chottal
Common: Nathsar Greatsword
Uncommon: Deepwater Vambraces
Rare: Rod of Lamentation

Blood of Cottal
Common: Cone of the Mystics
Uncommon: Tolan's Darkwood Vambraces
Rare: Breath of Harmony

Lower Area - Ilis Jail to Trakanon

Myconoid Spore King
Common: Fungi Covered Scale Tunic
Uncommon: Fungi Covered Robe
Rare: Fungi Convered Great Staff

Sebilite Protector
Common: Hardened Clay Bracer
Uncommon: Poison Wind Censer
Rare: Staff of Battle

Tolapumj
Common: Peacebringer
Always: Mistletoe Powder
Uncommon: Tolapumj's Robe
Rare: Cap of the Insubstantial

Trakanon
All Breastplates
Trakanons Tooth *VP key quest*
Cloak of Piety
Poisoned Mantle

XP Mob Drops:

Froglok Dar: Dragon Horn Ykesha
Froglok Bok: Obulus Death Shroud
Sebilite Golem: Froglok Scale Chestplate
Froglok Kor: Seblisian Berserker Cloak
Froglok Jin: Shieldstorm / Slime Coated Harpoon
Froglok Zol: Cobalt Vambraces
Froglok Krup: Runebranded Girdle / Adamantite Bo Stick
Froglok Froglok Ilis: Iksar Hide Boots / Felhammer
Myconoid Reaver: Cobalt Bracer
Froglok Reet: Blade of the Green Dragon Eye / Cobalt Helm
Sebilite Juggernaut: 56 - 60 spells / Sebilite Croaking Dirk

Origin
04-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Bump for great justice.

Kutles
04-23-2011, 01:52 AM
I can confirm that this was the case. And it's understandable that by default, the tunic was made the uncommon drop on project1999, because it was changed to being uncommon sometime later in or after Kunark, so that's what most people remember. Unfortunately, I am sure the GMs will look at threads like this as attempts to make it easier to obtain such a great item.

I also remember that the myconid spore king was pretty rarely even seen to spawn. Every time I camped it, we would see him once, maybe twice in an 8 hour time frame. This still made the tunics rare enough to make them valuable, while they were still the common drop.

Keep finding evidence people, or it's not going to be changed.

Loly Taa
04-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Delivered; http://replay.web.archive.org/20010719043618/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6360

Common drop: Fungus covered scale tunic 21ac 2str 2int -10dex -10agi 2.0weight all but pure casters can wear.

Rare drop: Fungus covered robe 14ac 15sta 4wis 10svfire? somethin like 0.4weight or somethin... monk cleric and druid usable.

Ultra rare drop: Fungus covered great staff 18dmg 35 dly 8wis 8int -10cha 5svdisease 5svfire 1.1weight eff: fungal regrowth 2hb Shaman / Druid ONLY.

Because it takes a group of 55+ and 58 or so + melee. King is not always camped either, and doesnt spawn to often. Though the fungi tunic is his common drop

Dropped a fungus covered scale tunic every other time I've been there when he was killed though.

This is the earliest alla bestiary page for spore king that I could find. The robe is only mentioned twice on the entire page, once as a rare drop and another with someone complaining they got it. Compared to many many references to the tunic.

Origin
04-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Excellent find Loly!

Asher
04-25-2011, 03:01 PM
On another note: The King's resists are way way off. Normally to slow this dude you had to be 60 and Malo and/or tash had to be on it. At level 54 I had no problems landing Turgur's. King is 2 levels higher than me as it is. It shouldn't even be possible for me to slow.

Asher

Origin
04-27-2011, 05:40 AM
On another note: The King's resists are way way off. Normally to slow this dude you had to be 60 and Malo and/or tash had to be on it. At level 54 I had no problems landing Turgur's. King is 2 levels higher than me as it is. It shouldn't even be possible for me to slow.

Asher

Yeah. This shouldn't be happening. But this is just a drop of water in the ocean as far as high end content tuning goes.

Lets try to focus on the matter at hand however. Fungi tunic common drop. The Fungi robe nerf should be incoming soon also.

Pyrocat
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
bump

Origin
04-30-2011, 05:16 AM
What's happenin?

baalzy
05-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Asher
05-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Any GM comments? I am sure one of you remembers its rarity. You know it is common.

Asher

Loly Taa
05-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Delivered; http://replay.web.archive.org/20010719043618/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6360

This is the earliest alla bestiary page for spore king that I could find. The robe is only mentioned twice on the entire page, once as a rare drop and another with someone complaining they got it. Compared to many many references to the tunic.

Bump; Has anyone looked at my evidence yet? I'm pretty sure it proves our case.

Motec
05-15-2011, 05:46 AM
I remember distinctly tunic was common, I reckon there was only 2 staffs on morell thule by the time velious was out. You were guaranteed a tunic drop per 4-5 hours/

Enderenter
05-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Well, soon this will be a moot point, as the Robe was certainly the common drop post-nerf.

Asher
05-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, soon this will be a moot point, as the Robe was certainly the common drop post-nerf.

It most certainly was not. Robe was a shitty rare drop up until they made it the common drop around Feb 7 2002 as I had mentioned in my opening post. I don't have an exact date because it was ninja'd in but around that time frame people started posting about the nerf in Allak.

Feb 2002 is early Luclin FYI.

For the life of this server the drop should be common.

Asher

Enderenter
05-18-2011, 11:08 AM
It most certainly was not. Robe was a shitty rare drop up until they made it the common drop around Feb 7 2002 as I had mentioned in my opening post. I don't have an exact date because it was ninja'd in but around that time frame people started posting about the nerf in Allak.

Feb 2002 is early Luclin FYI.

For the life of this server the drop should be common.

Asher

Wow, I don't remember that, but it has been a long time.

Motec
05-18-2011, 09:38 PM

Robe was nerfed long before the droprate was changed to be common and the tunic rare.

Enderenter
05-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Robe was nerfed long before the droprate was changed to be common and the tunic rare.

I guess I mixed up nerfs. The tunic was set to rare after Staff nerf, which is later... is that right? Or is it a separate change entirely.

Asher
05-20-2011, 02:57 AM
I guess I mixed up nerfs. The tunic was set to rare after Staff nerf, which is later... is that right? Or is it a separate change entirely.

From what I remember the Staff nerf was ninja'd in and that happened relatively fast but because the camp is very tough and the drop very rare it probably didn't even drop for a month or two into Kunark. Very very few servers even had one of these.

I do not care to research this but if you are bored one day you can check up on it. :)

Asher

Enderenter
05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
bump

Nebuta
05-31-2011, 10:13 AM

The tunic was common at the beginning. It didnt become the rare, until years later.

As far as the robe is concerned. I could only recall a handful of robes on the Lanys server, there was maybe 25+ on the whole server. It was more like a prestige item like, Wow, where you get that outfit. Not like the thousands of robes we see today on p1999.

Anyways the loot table is messed up. From my personal experience camping the king on Lanys. We would usually get 3-4 tunics in a row and I dont believe we had lucky dice.

The tunic should be common drop. The robe should be rare and the Stick uber rare.

Versus
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Wtb info's. They won't change this based on our recollections.

Aadill
05-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Staff no longer drops anyways so uber rare or not it's no longer on the drop list, right?

Oh nm nerfed version drops~

Versus
05-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Here we go boys:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010719043618/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6360
Allakhazam/Illia's Beastiary circa 2001:
ing CAN be taunted easily by a lvl 58+ melee class, so chain casting isn't so much of a problem unless yer cleric can't heal you fast enough.

Common drop: Fungus covered scale tunic 21ac 2str 2int -10dex -10agi 2.0weight all but pure casters can wear.

Rare drop: Fungus covered robe 14ac 15sta 4wis 10svfire? somethin like 0.4weight or somethin... monk cleric and druid usable.

Ultra rare drop: Fungus covered great staff 18dmg 35 dly 8wis 8int -10cha 5svdisease 5svfire 1.1weight eff: fungal regrowth 2hb Shaman / Druid ONLY.

Click is instant cast regrowth with snare effect. Not sure on snare percentage but it's enough. You can left click off the effect at any time and reclick when you set up camp.

Does NOT stack with spirit of wolf. You can put regen and sow in buff slots and depending which one you want to cancel, buff it first. IE if sow in first slot and regrow in second the staff click will cancel sow and stack with regrowth. This is the only reason the staff rules. getting 52 hps a tick helps extremely for buffing as a shaman.

If you are a shaman and are thinking about trading your staff for a tunic, don't... theres a reason this staff is ultra rare, it rules. You can always trade for a fungi tunic or camp it.

In my opinion staff should be worth twice as much as tunic, but since shamans dont know the uber usage of this, the price remains the same.

Because it takes a group of 55+ and 58 or so + melee. King is not always camped either, and doesnt spawn to often. Though the fungi tunic is his common drop

Sites listed Fungus Tunic as very rare. Players list it as very common. On my server, the tunic sells for around 80k. If it's very common, my 59 enchanter better get in a group and kill that king to twink up my new warrior eh?

This is the common drop...but the King is very rare, and the camp is VERY hard to hold

* IF * the King is pulled you must get on him. Do NOT attempt to mez him. Perhaps a 60 Shaman or Enchanter could stop / slow him, we didn't have the luxury.

We had following party:
57 Enchanter
58/59 Bard
56 Paladin (Our tank)
55 Cleric
56 Mage
55 Monk (Yours truly)

Critical that the 55's con everything. Enchanter needed to know because of spell choice.

The Fungal is great for reducing downtime and combined with group / ind Chloro/Regrowth provides nice regen.

Thelonius Monk

Only other times I've killed king were passing thru on way to trakanon area, so it's not fair to compare as more than one group doesn't constitute a camp.

You might have to evac ej after killing king if you have many adds messed because they will most likely just get you killed. Worked great for the group I was in above. Darn guy dropped a robe for us, Argh heh.

Dropped a fungus covered scale tunic every other time I've been there when he was killed though.

... Yeahh

Loly Taa
05-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Ya Phist, I already posted a lot of stuff like that with wayback links and everything. There's absolutely no way Tunic was anything but common at the start and even mid point of Kunark.

Versus
05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Ya Phist, I already posted a lot of stuff like that with wayback links and everything. There's absolutely no way Tunic was anything but common at the start and even mid point of Kunark.

Bummer...there's literally no evidence that it was anything but common. Was hoping to just post some *actual* info that the devs could look at rather than peoples memories.

I'll cruise back a few pages and look what else was posted fact wise, I havn't read this thread in a long while.

Enderenter
05-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I'd still like some response from the devs as to when this fix will be implemented, or a reason for why it wasn't implemented in the most recent patch.

Versus
05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
ahem...

Thatguy05
05-31-2011, 09:09 PM
bump, seems like a decent aspect of classic that could be replicated.

Pudge
05-31-2011, 11:48 PM
guys, haven't you figured out how it works yet on p99? if devs want something in that was classic, they're all THIS IS HOW IT WAS IN CLASSIC STFU OR GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

if they want something in that was not classic, they just ignore you. you have been ignored. imo it would be nice if they said "yea, but we think it's best for the server in this case to do X.."

i still agree with them though that it would be gay to flood the server with fungi tunics... so there is your answer.

Asher
06-01-2011, 02:29 PM
guys, haven't you figured out how it works yet on p99? if devs want something in that was classic, they're all THIS IS HOW IT WAS IN CLASSIC STFU OR GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

if they want something in that was not classic, they just ignore you. you have been ignored. imo it would be nice if they said "yea, but we think it's best for the server in this case to do X.."

i still agree with them though that it would be gay to flood the server with fungi tunics... so there is your answer.

It wasn't so "gay" on live. IMO, the king spawn was more rare on live too but almost always dropped the tunic when he did spawn. All they need to do is fix the mob so he is not super gimp.

Asher

Asher
06-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Bummer...there's literally no evidence that it was anything but common. Was hoping to just post some *actual* info that the devs could look at rather than peoples memories.

I'll cruise back a few pages and look what else was posted fact wise, I havn't read this thread in a long while.

Both myself and Loly have already linked everything you have and more. The only proof available are posts dated around that time period on popular EQ websites.

I even linked to safehouse and that apparently isn't good enough. SoE didn't mention this ninja nerf in their patch notes and it seems like this is the only way this change is going to happen.

Asher

Versus
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Both myself and Loly have already linked everything you have and more. The only proof available are posts dated around that time period on popular EQ websites.

I even linked to safehouse and that apparently isn't good enough. SoE didn't mention this ninja nerf in their patch notes and it seems like this is the only way this change is going to happen.

Asher

Still, a response would be appreciated.

If/when they add Fungi Tunic as common, they should also at least up the King's resists and decrease his spawn frequency a bit, just to even it out a little.

h0tr0d (shaere)
06-02-2011, 02:08 AM
It isn't about 'evening it out'. It is about making it true to classic.

Eccezan
06-02-2011, 03:18 AM
I like the part where they said the tunic is common.

baalzy
06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
<a name="me5"></a>Q: Has the drop rate on the fungi tunic been nerfed?

A: By anecdotal evidence, yes it has. It does still drop though

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8810

Post made in 2002 which indicates that at some point the drop rate was higher then is seen later in live. This also would suggest that it should be more common then it is now.

Valakut
06-07-2011, 05:12 PM

i couldn't of said it better myself. although i appreciate the thread and the investigation that some people did because it provides a player perspective that may have been previously unknown and i think feedback is good in most situations even if its going to be ignored but that is all you can do and move on and enjoy the game for what it does have to offer.

h0tr0d (shaere)
06-07-2011, 05:57 PM
As of early 2001 the ONLY loot drop listed here was the Tunic on alla. I suppose if the robe was common people would have listed it? But this is pre-pic, and the only loot they list for the mob is the Tunic. And they all say it is the common. I actually was down here in 2000 and Tunic was common. I only remember seeing one staff and robe ever when camping there, got my tunic first king. I understand alla isn't always the most reliable, but again the tunic being the only loot someone listed and the fact they all say it is common. 4 tunics to a robe? Here it is more like 14 robes to a tunic. I think at least one person would have mentioned something about it if in fact tunic was rare...

And I did not cherry pick. I used the wayback machine and some of what others have posted with bold.. maybe a comment or two more. I don't know that this will change anyone's mind, but I'll keep trying. Consider it a bump.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010719043618/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6360 was the link.

Enter this site on the wayback machine, go as far back as you can if the above link doesn't work to the page. http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6360

RE: just a thought By: Anonymous
Posted @ Thu, Jun 7th 2:12 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]

King Tactics By: TheloniusMonk,
26 posts
Posted @ Thu, Apr 12th 10:44 PM 2001 Score: Excellent[4.50]
First off getting here is a pain. You can bypass the teleport room out tho.

Get into the Shroom area and move down the hallway to the right. You may or may not have to fight 1-3 roamers.

King and 2 others are on a platform. King spawns in middle.

You can set up opposite from the watery / open area against the wall. Be forewarned that sometimes MOB's will get healed thru the wall, so it is a careful balancing act to avoid fighting to close to roamers or in the wall.

We had following party:
57 Enchanter
58/59 Bard
56 Paladin (Our tank)
55 Cleric
56 Mage
55 Monk (Yours truly)

Thelonius Monk

Shroom tactic By: MandicusLifescourge, Sage
257 posts
Posted @ Mon, Apr 9th 9:29 AM 2001 Score: Excellent[4.95]
OK, after killing this guy numerous times now I thought I'd help people out with a starting tactic. First of all you need to have a full group of lvl 54+ at least, with some members being closer to 60.

The weakest party I was in that killed this guy consisted of:
55 cleric
56 warrior
54 rogue
59 enchanter
59 shaman (mua)
54 druid

We pulled a mob in front of the king platform and the king came down solo, and everyone promptly turned onto the king. Druid was dumping dd, I was helping with heals, chanter brought down the king's reaver and priest buddy to mez so they would stop chealing him at half.

I suppose if we tashed this guy at 80% hps we could have got a slow off on him without dying, but since we weren't sure what level he was, we thought we should kill him oldschool.

So... if king ph is up when you start here, try pulling a slowed mob by the front of his platform (one with an open ledge). The king or ph should come down solo (dont know why). Then pull away to kill if there is a priest close. Should break camp so that their are just 2 warrior type shrooms on the king ledge and the ph or king.

Try to make sure your enchanter is 57+. At 56 and below things are just too annoyingly difficult because of resists, that you should just concentrate on leveling and pass on king group.

I have to say that the warrior / rogue combo worked pretty good here with the mobs staying on the warrior 95% of the time.

Only other times I've killed king were passing thru on way to trakanon area, so it's not fair to compare as more than one group doesn't constitute a camp.

You might have to evac ej after killing king if you have many adds messed because they will most likely just get you killed. Worked great for the group I was in above. Darn guy dropped a robe for us, Argh heh.

Don't forget to stop by king if you are on your way to jugg/tola/prot area because most of the time he is up from people evacing.

King cons blue at 59, hits for 250ish, paladin type mob. His loh only heals a small amount, so dont worry about having to stun him, just try to put him down fast because his magic resist is little higher than the reavers, so hes very hard to slow. I've been told that king agros on spell casts too much, so might want to wait till he gets down to about 80% before tash, etc.

Good luck with yer fungi and monk twinks folks =)

Mandicus Lifescourge - barbarian Oracle / Zakani 52 iksar disciple / Sleezard 49 warrior -Inny serv

Pricey By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, May 12th 7:43 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Sites listed Fungus Tunic as very rare. Players list it as very common. On my server, the tunic sells for around 80k. If it's very common, my 59 enchanter better get in a group and kill that king to twink up my new warrior eh?

[Top]

RE: Pricey By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, May 22nd 5:03 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]

I also went through every patch here from kunark thru velious http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php and could not find any mention of changing loot tables.

h0tr0d (shaere)
06-08-2011, 01:21 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20000619204608/http://eq.castersrealm.com/ is the main news page.

June 17, 2000

ASP ERRORS

Some of you may have been experiencing ASP errors when viewing pages. We are still trying to debug the actual cause of this, but in the meantime refreshing the page will get it to load properly.

Sorry for the inconvenience we are working as fast as we can to rectify the situation.

Submitted by Baelish, 4:24 AM

KEEPING EQ EXCITING

Once again the debate has risen on whether heavy experience penalties are really required in order to keep the game exciting.

In this thread a player drew attention to games such as Doom where the atmosphere of the game itself provided more than enough excitement.

Click here for details.

Submitted by Baelish, 3:05 AM

THE FUNGUS THAT NEVER WAS

A large debate has surfaced on the Gameplay Forum regarding the Robe of Fungal Regrowth, which after the last patch no longer has an effect.

The debate first started on whether the Robe ever had an effect to start with and later shifted as to whether it was simply overpowering.

Click here for details.

Submitted by Baelish, 3:00 AM

In talking with Abashi the person states the robe is the rare drop. But the proof lies in when this monk talked about his fungal robe that had FUNGAL REGROWTH. THAT is what made it rare. THAT is why the tunic was common. Because the rare drop was a robe that had clicky regen (not innate) in the form of fungal regrowth as the staff. Read the below conversation that took place between this upset monk and Abashi. I took the liberty of adding Monk and Abashi before the beginning of their statements, click the below link for the exact posting of this dialogue.

http://web.archive.org/web/200011200652/http://eq.castersrealm.com/viewarticle.asp?Article=1750 is the conversation.

THE FUNGUS THAT NEVER WAS, JUNE 17, 2000
Source: Everquest Gameplay Forum.

Monk: I logged on my monk all excited after waiting to play for 6 hours today. I try to cast fungal regrowth on myself using my robe and nothing happens. First I said "damn this lag" but on closer inspection the effect: Fungal regrowth has been removed from my robe. It is now blank and does nothing at all. Ok, this robe rocked when I got it but now it's not more than a piece of toilet paper with pretty coloring. A 3 group expedition of 50+ gets the rare drop off a spawn in a hard dungeon and the reward is now basically the same as a Foreman's tunic? I don't get it.

Monk: Was the effect taken away because of any reason? Was it a bug that came with the patch? I ask because it worked perfectly fine the morning before the servers came down.

Abashi : I've asked around here, spoken to everyone with the ability to make or modify items, and can't find any indication that the robe ever had that effect. The closest thing I can guess is that we might have had a bad item export at some time that went live.

Monk: The item was too powerful I suspect and this is their new angle to deal with it, nerf item then plug ears and yell a lot.

Abashi: If I could find anyone here to say "we nerfed it", then I'd tell you that we nerfed it. And yes, if it did have this effect now, we would nerf it, because we wouldn't give this effect to monks.

Abashi: As for the screenshots posted on the other boards, I've also seen screenshots of the a breastplate with Gate that doesn't exist either, so it's not entirely conclusive.

Abashi: So, like I said, I can't find anyone here who can attest to it ever having the effect. It either got on there in a bad export, or someone put it, removed it, and forgot about it.

Monk: So you are trying to tell the Robe of the Living Fungus has no fungal regrowth. Look at the damn NAME!� So many of these have dropped its common knowledge what spell the robe casts.� Next thing you know you'll be telling us Fiery avenger never had particle effects.

Abashi: I'll take your word for it that it was there before. As I said in the two previous posts, it probably had a problem exporting.

Abashi: Regardless what happened, that effect isn't supposed to be assigned to that item, and it won't be coming back.

Monk: Abashi, you can't honestly expect to put a Robe like this in the game that SCREAMS monk only

Abashi: The regen component of that spell is stronger than chloroplast. The snare component is negligible for the monk since they can feign. That's why we wouldn't intentionally give it to a monk.

Sometimes I wonder if Abashi works for Verant or the CIA. Since the Robe of the Living Fungus drops of a rather difficult mob in Seblis, how is it that a 10ac, 4 wis robe is justified in the risk and reward balance?

What is your opinion on this whole saga?� Obviously the item did exist with the Fungal Regrowth spell, and considering its difficulty to obtain within Sebilis was probably worth it.� Is giving Monks a chloroplast effect at high levels very bad considering the fairly impressive bonuses spells on Deepwater or Cobalt?� Or has Verant just got items all wrong from the outset where Kunark is concerned?

Have your say on our Burning Issues forum.� Click here to post.

Return to the main news.

I submit that it was wrong here from the start. The robe should have had a clicky fungal regrowth effect that Verant removed and been the rare drop. NOT some fungal regeneration just like the tunic. FUNGAL REGROWTH, just like the staff! Here on p1999 you simply had it built in, ala the fungal tunic because no one knew better. That is why the robe was the rare drop on live and it was for precisely that reason, that it had a clicky regen. They made a mistake somewhere in adding an overpowered item and removed it quickly. That robe is severely underpowered to drop off the king in Sebilis without an effect and the monk is adamant about what the robe was and heated that Abashi seems to have no definitive answer. Do we honestly believe this player woke up and decided to make up some effect that was on this robe? So many of these have dropped its common knowledge what spell the robe casts. There is a debate on the gameplay forum about this, with Verant seemingly in deny deny deny mode and then well we would have nerfed it anyway if it did exist. Perhaps they were embarrassed, perhaps they simply failed to communicate. Perhaps they only realized after things were live. And perhaps it was a bad item export that they simply did not notice. Who knows. What does seem apparent is the public was up in arms about it, linking screenshots and debating it on Sony's forum and the company line was "I have no recollection of that Senator." A large debate has surfaced on the Gameplay Forum regarding the Robe of Fungal Regrowth, which after the last patch no longer has an effect.

The debate first started on whether the Robe ever had an effect to start with and later shifted as to whether it was simply overpowering.

The item was too powerful I suspect and this is their new angle to deal with it, nerf item then plug ears and yell a lot.

I have no question the robe was nerfed because it was overpowered OR it was as Abashi claims, export miscue.

There were screenshots posted on forums.

As for the screenshots posted on the other boards, I've also seen screenshots of the a breastplate with Gate that doesn't exist either, so it's not entirely conclusive.

Note where Abashi says The regen component of that spell is stronger than chloroplast. The snare component is negligible for the monk since they can feign. That's why we wouldn't intentionally give it to a monk. If the effect was as the fungi tunic, then what snare component is he referring to? Spell, and chloroplast? The effect fungal regeneration was already on the tunics, and MONK useable. If the robe was as the tunic with regards to effects, then why the comments about being overpowered by Abashi? The ONLY way this is overpowered is if it had the fungal regrowth clicky, as the pre nerf staff does. And I submit again, the reason the tunic was common was its poor stats, and the fact the clicky was built in. The rare, and ultra rare items had the CLICKY effect. This is why the tunic was ho hum common. Because the other 2 items were so powerful compared with the clicky effect.

Motec
06-08-2011, 06:32 AM
I dont care for scouring through years of old guild updates and shit. But we ALL know the tunic was common. We're just being shafted.

Versus
06-08-2011, 11:38 AM
There is more than enough evidence here to overturn this. I would just like a definitive answer saying either it's being fixed, or something to the effect of: Server is too top heavy, we don't want Fungi tunics costing 10k a pop.

If for nothing else than to keep me from keeping tabs on this thread.

h0tr0d (shaere)
06-08-2011, 02:13 PM
But you have to scour to provide evidence. I don't believe and I would hope we aren't being denied this change merely out of obstinance.

And Phisting, it is not about 'balancing'. The whole idea was to create as close to the truth and as classic as possible without getting stupid. And as far as fungi tunics costing 10k a pop because they are so common look at other rare loot. You see more RFS, more COS, more Tranquil staves, more Blade of the Black dragon Eyes then on live because people knew where to go from day 1. Heck we have a Ton Po's Bo stick of Understanding here which never made it to live. There are going to be more rares available on this server regardless.

Asher
06-08-2011, 05:46 PM
There is more than enough evidence here to overturn this. I would just like a definitive answer saying either it's being fixed, or something to the effect of: Server is too top heavy, we don't want Fungi tunics costing 10k a pop.

If for nothing else than to keep me from keeping tabs on this thread.

When they completely ruin pretty much all drops in CoM that should be very rare and make them common as dirt I am not going to cry about Fungi Tunics being common. They need to make the king spawn a tad more rare, make king the tough mob he used to be (almost immune to Magic based spells) and make the tunic common.

Tranquil Staff is also way too common on this server. Unfortunately, we cannot prove exact rarity we just have anecdotal evidence.

I know that in all my time on live in CoM, which was over 100 hours total I have never seen a Trance Stick drop. I saw one drop my first day there on this server and I heard more had dropped earlier.

That is some good research Shaere. I had briefly skimmed over that conversation when I was doing my research and didn't think it was relavent but there was some good information in there.

As someone had already said, the Devs obviously have no interest in fixing this drop rate. I am sure at least one of them already knows that the tunic is common, more than enough proof has been provided and we still hear nothing.

We know the fix isn't difficult, what is the hold up?

Asher

Enderenter
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I know that in all my time on live in CoM, which was over 100 hours total I have never seen a Trance Stick drop. I saw one drop my first day there on this server and I heard more had dropped earlier.

Trance stick is garbage anyways, who cares.

Asher
06-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Trance stick is garbage anyways, who cares.

On Prexus, it sold for around 8k through out Kunark.

Yea, when the Tranquil Staff is also relatively common I guess Trance stick rarity doesn't matter.

Asher

apio
06-09-2011, 08:21 AM
the only reason prices are so low / theres so many of those items in circulation is the fact that it all has been perma camped since kunark launched, and even without a bazaar in place people were underpricing like fools. Besides, imho, Trance Stick is only really good in a specific level range, and Jade Maces going for 3k doesn't help either.

Enderenter
06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
On Prexus, it sold for around 8k through out Kunark.

Yea, when the Tranquil Staff is also relatively common I guess Trance stick rarity doesn't matter.

Asher

Trance stick is a lowbie item. Fists are better at around 50.

baalzy
06-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Nothing to see here, move along.

Versus
06-09-2011, 01:10 PM
This was ninja-patched, tunic rarity is now much less rare. This thread can now be allowed to die, or moved to resolved.

Shhhhh...

Asher
06-10-2011, 12:39 PM
What?

Are you saying the ninja patched in Tunic to not be the common but to be less rare?

Asher

Asher
06-10-2011, 12:41 PM
the only reason prices are so low / theres so many of those items in circulation is the fact that it all has been perma camped since kunark launched, and even without a bazaar in place people were underpricing like fools. Besides, imho, Trance Stick is only really good in a specific level range, and Jade Maces going for 3k doesn't help either.

I will tell you a secret. These same camps were permacamped during Live Kunark too. The drops on live were much more rare.

Asher

Enderenter
06-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I will tell you a secret. These same camps were permacamped during Live Kunark too. The drops on live were much more rare.

Asher

I will tell you a secret. Jade Mace is far superior, is only 3k, and isn't even a good monk weapon at 50+.

Asher
06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I will tell you a secret. Jade Mace is far superior, is only 3k, and isn't even a good monk weapon at 50+.

Jade Mace was also 10k+ and more rare on Prexus.

Asher

Asher
06-10-2011, 03:52 PM
auh great article thnx for sharing but why have not another languages support to here

It isn't an article and we don't like spammers. GTFO.

Asher

Asher
06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
/sigh

Shiftin
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
This was fixed over a patch ago, why do you think fungi tunics have flooded the market? Should be moved to resolved.

Pudge
06-13-2011, 11:39 PM
if fungis are flooding, make spore king more rare then

Asher
06-14-2011, 01:49 AM
This was fixed over a patch ago, why do you think fungi tunics have flooded the market? Should be moved to resolved.

Someone had mentioned that they made Tunics slightly more common.

Are you confirming that the Tunic is now the common drop, uncommon is robe and rare is the stick?

I haven't done the King camp in awhile and to be honest I don't want to waste my time there until they fix it to what it should be during the Kunark period.

Asher

Teeroyoyort
06-14-2011, 01:54 AM
King is the way he should be, rare and dropping tunics at a rate of 3/5 for us. Expect to spend alot of time here, but it's worth it. You can probably get 2 or 3 kings in a 12 hr period if you're lucky.

Pudge
06-14-2011, 02:03 AM
noice

Asher
06-14-2011, 01:24 PM
King is the way he should be, rare and dropping tunics at a rate of 3/5 for us. Expect to spend alot of time here, but it's worth it. You can probably get 2 or 3 kings in a 12 hr period if you're lucky.

Cool. Odd they haven't moved this thread or said anything on the subject.

Asher

Aadill
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
I doubt the 51 pages of bug posts are all currently unresolved bugs.

Asher
06-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I doubt the 51 pages of bug posts are all currently unresolved bugs.

I was just waiting for a note in the patch notes. I didn't know the devs here were doing ninja patches.

Asher

Aadill
06-15-2011, 12:38 PM
To be frank, I don't expect the devs to put patch notes on some items, especially when it pertains to big ticket market items in which the only complaint is, "not enough of these are dropping!"

Not that I'm saying not having a patch note is good practice but if you're at the camp and it seems to be dropping more then it's been fixed. If people are waiting for a response from the devs so that they know they can go to the camp and make some easy money then as a dev I'd probably ninja patch it in to fix it, but not say a word.

Full disclosure wasn't always part of Verant's patching system either.

Asher
06-15-2011, 12:44 PM
To be frank, I don't expect the devs to put patch notes on some items, especially when it pertains to big ticket market items in which the only complaint is, "not enough of these are dropping!"

Not that I'm saying not having a patch note is good practice but if you're at the camp and it seems to be dropping more then it's been fixed. If people are waiting for a response from the devs so that they know they can go to the camp and make some easy money then as a dev I'd probably ninja patch it in to fix it, but not say a word.

Full disclosure wasn't always part of Verant's patching system either.

I agree. If it was part of Verant's system this item would have been common to begin with and there wouldn't be 5 million robes on the server. I am happy to hear that it has been fixed.

Asher

Asher