PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Mysterious Faction Changes

Three Swords
08-07-2019, 01:49 AM
Started playing today after having been inactive for a while. I play Dark Elf Wizard worshiping Solusek Ro.

When I ran through West Commons, I con'd Kizdean Gix and noticed that he had gone to dubious. Kizdean Gix is on The Dead faction and I've always been indifferent to them on this character.

To double check, I went to Neriak and started considering other NPCs on the same faction (SK/Necro guild). Sure enough those had changed as well.

Now I know for a fact that I never did any quests or killed any NPCs that would lower this faction. Besides having been inactive for so long, I've been very careful to avoid hits on this faction since it's needed for the Thex Mallet quest. I never once grouped with anyone in Neriak or WC except for porting where I disband immediately after, so zero chance anyone did anything under my nose. I even went so far as to not hand in my starter note since I'd take a hit as a dark elf wizard.

I checked with my guild and they said they'd heard of other people inexplicably losing faction too. Apparently some even dropped to KoS with no indication.

Had a quick look around the forums but couldn't find anything related to this. Unless there was some intentional change to faction adjustments that I couldn't find a post about, this would've been caused by a bug.

Sunderfury
08-10-2019, 11:38 AM
I had heard aalderon mention possible faction changes to the tables, I know there was a patch also on The Dead but more related to neriak. So I believe this to be working as intended. Dev can move back if something is amiss. I also have no way of verifying your specific faction changes, so nothing can be done to alter it.

Moving to resolved.

Three Swords
08-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Grateful for the confirmation at any rate.

I had a sense that something like this was a blanket change and not specific to my character. Only real question was whether it was intentional.

Thought I should report it as I couldn't find it in any of the recent patch notes.

Best regards.