PDA

View Full Version : Problems with window Mode Gamma

Maelonic
08-05-2019, 10:24 PM
So before this last weekend i was able to change the gamma in windows mode as that is what i play in so i can look up stuff on the webs while playing.. and for some reason out of no where i have not been able to change it.. only in full screen mode which i don't want to play in. I can be in windowed mode and turn the gamma up all the way but it don't change how dark it is at all.. and now it seems that I am forced in to playing in full screen...

if anyone can help me fix this what would be great! TIA

monkeydoc
08-06-2019, 11:58 AM
This happened with the most recent Windows update. The solution I've come up with is to open the Windows Display Color Calibration application. You can find it by hitting the Windows key, then type "calibration" or "gamma" and it should pop up. Click next a couple of times, and you should have control over the gamma. You still can't control it from within EQ, but it's a workaround for the time being.

Maelonic
08-06-2019, 11:50 PM
thanks!

casperinmd
05-12-2020, 09:00 AM
This happened with the most recent Windows update. The solution I've come up with is to open the Windows Display Color Calibration application. You can find it by hitting the Windows key, then type "calibration" or "gamma" and it should pop up. Click next a couple of times, and you should have control over the gamma. You still can't control it from within EQ, but it's a workaround for the time being.

Most excellent, works perfectly. Thanks