PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Qeynos Area/QRG/Protectors of Pine/Factions

aubie
04-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Not sure here - I've maxed druid (jaggedpine treefolk) faction as an Ogre Shaman from mainly killing BB gnolls. Was able to do "deliver Nitrates" to Linaya Sowlin and Jaggedpine Crook with Corun Finsinc enough (more times than I'd like to admit) to become "dubious" to the Rangers inside Surefall. But, I'm still "glares threateningly" to Holly Windstalker and Cros Treewind plus same with all the bears and wolves - makes me think they aren't linked correctly.

Also maxed faction with Qeynos guards, but the Qeynos guards in West Karana are still indifferent. Shouldn't they be on same faction? (side note - killed Misty Storyswapper in WK enough to hit scowling, but the higher bard in the first WK tower is still indifferent to me - shouldn't she be KOS also?)

Killed High Pass gnolls and orcs to hit level 20 from 19, and went back to Qeynos and Jacrol Brestiage was green and dubious to me (no longer threatening), so I did 6 large sewing kits of "bent cards" turn ins to him (48 total) and got no change in faction to him or guards in High Pass (still dubious - may need a few more hits), but don't want to waste the time if faction isn't registering in High Pass.

Mostly concerned as to why I'm now dubious to Surefall Rangers but still KOS to Holly, Cros, and bears/wolves - shouldn't both factions be equal?

Also amiable to named farmers outside Linaya Sowlin's house, but apprehensive to generic farmers in WK. Amiable to the Millers in WK (including the gnoll) but apprehensive to Tiny Miller who is an ogre same as me? No proof, but not like I remember it in original EQ.

Rasah
04-15-2011, 06:09 PM
The factions related to all of them are:

Qeynos Guards (which you should have maxed with killing gnolls)
Jagged Pine Treefolk (also gnolls)
Protectors of Pine
QRG Protected Animals

It is entirely possible that the Surefall Rangers use Protectors of Pine as their primary, with QRG as their secondary. Holly and the animals perhaps use the QRG as their primary. I also suspect that the +Protectors of Pine is a higher increase than the QRG protected animals.

Try the Nesiff's Statue quest. Maybe that will give you some good faction bumps.

Rasah
04-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Also, if you look at Illia for the guards in WK, some of the guards have Antonious Bayle faction, and others are Corrupt Qeynos guards. That could be why they are indifferent.

EnderWiggin
08-25-2011, 12:55 AM
just noticing that holly windstalker and all the bears and wolves (non-rabid) are apprehensive to me as an Eru Necro. They used to be glaring/KoS. I remember getting my revenge on holly once I dinged 24.

Vermicelli
08-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Just a quick note to say the Millers, and likely all farmers, in West Karana should be on "Karana Residents" faction.

aubie
08-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Did a few Nesiff's statue quests (used a mule to get statue from Nesiff, and turned into the surefall glade guy on main character) and did several more Nitrate deliveries to Linaya Sowlin and have killed corrupt McCluskey and Donlan and done bracer turn in to Linarius in NK.

Now have following cons:

Good Qeynos Guards - warmly
Qeynos Monks - warmly (can do headband quests - yeah lots of gnoll pups)
Millers - apprehensive
Holly/Cros - apprehensive
Surefall rangers - apprehensive
Surefall druids - warmly
QH wolves/bears - apprehensive
All Karana residents - warmly
All Karan guards (except corrupt) warmly
Tiny Miller - kindly
All Karana wolves/bears/cats - threateningly
Maldin the Old - dubious
Most other karana merchants warmly or indifferent
Unkempt druids - scowling
WK ogres - kindly
Brother Chintle - warmly
Brother Estle - warmly
Brother Trintle - indifferent
Konia Swiftfoot (I think was her name - bard in first tower. Was indifferent - seems to be removed from game now)

Come to conclusion that only QH wolves/bears are affected by QRGprotectedanimal faction - I'd guess all outside that zone are on hardcoded threateningly (unless you're druid/ranger). I may continue doing nitrates until QRGprotectedanimal goes to indifferent - if wolves/bears outside QH continue threateningly after that, I give up.

Sundawg
12-19-2011, 08:36 PM
I am 99.9 percent sure that Holly Windstalker is supposed to be on the surefall ranger guild faction and not the faction currently tagged to her. (100 percent sure she is not supposed to be on the surefall animal faction like she is now)

So fixed, pending update to that.

Same goes for Cros Treewind, switching him to primary surefall druid faction.

Lastly, QRGprotectedanimal and animals around the world. Will have to research if those two things are related at all. If anyone has links, post them.

Uthgaard
12-19-2011, 09:53 PM
I may continue doing nitrates

Are you having chest pain?