PDA

View Full Version : Two Ideas For "Green" Server

Gumbo
08-01-2019, 06:21 PM
I've seen a lot of threads bouncing around about the new "Green" server that will be starting up around October and how people want this and want that for the server. Now usually when people talk about "Green" or "Going Green," it means changes for the better. So my two ideas for the "Green" server to make it better would be the following:

Pre-nerf/Ban any and all items that are already nerfed/banned up to date. I believe this will keep prices down and will avoid people from farming such items as Manastones, Circlet of Shadows and Guise of the Deceiver. This whole list can be found here:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Removed_Items

My second idea... Limit everyone to 1 account and 2 characters only.

This will be the hardest thing people will ever have to do because they are going to be stuck deciding which characters they want to create.

Vallaen
08-01-2019, 07:02 PM
No

Gumbo
08-01-2019, 07:08 PM
No

Why? Let me guess... You want to be another Fat Cat sitting in the tunnel or is it maybe because you started playing P99 late and feel it's unfair that everyone else have all these items and you didn't get a chance at them?

aaezil
08-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Filed under not classic

Next thread

Gumbo
08-01-2019, 07:41 PM
Filed under not classic

Next thread

Well the 1 account, 2 character is not classic but the nerfed/banned items happened under classic so why not just get it out of the way? And who's to say the green server is going to be classic anyway?

indiscriminate_hater
08-01-2019, 07:50 PM
I've seen a lot of threads bouncing around about the new "Green" server that will be starting up around October and how people want this and want that for the server. Now usually when people talk about "Green" or "Going Green," it means changes for the better. So my two ideas for the "Green" server to make it better would be the following:

Pre-nerf/Ban any and all items that are already nerfed/banned up to date. I believe this will keep prices down and will avoid people from farming such items as Manastones, Circlet of Shadows and Guise of the Deceiver. This whole list can be found here:

This will be the hardest thing people will ever have to do because they are going to be stuck deciding which characters they want to create.

Keep prices of what down? If you're talking about those items, then that's irrelevant, because if they don't exist in the first place they won't have a price. If you're talking about other items, then their relative prices WOULD be reduced by the presence of these higher items, given a fixed platinum supply, so by that argument we should keep these items in play.

Also, limiting accounts is not possible. See VPNs, tethering, having an extra laptop, etc.

Also, not vlassic

turbosilk
08-01-2019, 08:03 PM

No. Because I want the classic experience. Starting here 3 years ago was good but not so classic.

fortior
08-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Why? Let me guess... You want to be another Fat Cat sitting in the tunnel or is it maybe because you started playing P99 late and feel it's unfair that everyone else have all these items and you didn't get a chance at them?

not classic, go away troll

Nuggie
08-01-2019, 09:22 PM
@ the OP

I'm on "Team Nilbog." I think "Team Gumbo" sounds like it sucks.

pink grapefruit
08-01-2019, 09:47 PM
3 teams is best imo. And diety based like SZ would be super cool for RP :)

Canelek
08-01-2019, 11:31 PM
It is refreshing that the goodly folk that keep Project 1999 cuddled and warm ignore stupid fucking ideas such as this.

Canelek
08-01-2019, 11:32 PM
3 teams is best imo. And diety based like SZ would be super cool for RP :)

And that

Gumbo
08-02-2019, 12:09 PM
@ the OP

I'm on "Team Nilbog." I think "Team Gumbo" sounds like it sucks.

I'm just saying that the feeling everyone has for the green server is that it will be a complete reboot of the blue server with everything erased and starting over from the beginning. If this is the case then as the expression goes, I'll be eating crow.

But I've read and seen enough people talking about jumping ship to green and ditching blue but what if the green server isn't a complete erase, reboot of the blue server starting from scratch?

I'm just trying to see it from all angles...

Jibartik
08-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Im pretty sure green will be luclin.

Cen
08-02-2019, 02:12 PM
You seem to say you see all the green server ideas, but you posted two ideas that are constantly posted in those threads