PDA

View Full Version : rogue solo 46 to 51

wagorf
07-26-2019, 01:29 AM
I've gone through these levels with war and monk soloing, but when I bring my rogue to the same places at the same level, it is a lot more difficult. I twink them pretty much to the same degree, so I don't think it's gear issue.

Going through the famous leveling guide, I still can't find a decent place where my rogue can solo efficiently.

(1) CoM: Very packed, hard to find solo spots as all the ffa mobs are usually taken, at 46 i can solo stabes but a lot are green.

(2) Dreadlands: The issue here is rogue can only handle certain mobs (e.g. must avoid rager), so finding the right mob and getting it single will be time consuming, hence inefficient exping

(3) Lguk: Caster mobs hard to beat, and hard to single

(4) Solb: Same as lguk

(5) Wakening Land - Mobs tons of hp, and giants near kael seem like the only safe area

(6) Great Divide - this is my current spot, but again the same issue with taking tons of time to kill one mob

Anyone can comment on other zones that I can try with better solo xp efficiency? At 46 he's decently geared with epic/horn/self healing bp/fungi etc.

kjs86z
07-26-2019, 06:00 AM
Why would you want to do this to yourself?

fortior
07-26-2019, 06:34 AM
oggok guards

but also why are you soloing on a rogue

Legidias
07-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Cause rogues are the worst soloers in game. You will not have solo efficiency anywhere at that lvl, even if you were de leveled with NToV stuff.

Just find a necro and ask if you can duo with them. They often solo and you can stabby stab stuff they fear. Or a SK since they can also fear but are also pretty shit (but not as shit as rogue) at soloing mobs. Grab a SK buddy and go to town on BW giants, or DL, or w/e

Dezlen
07-26-2019, 09:36 AM
I soloed my rogue at that range on the 2 wandering guards in feerott. 6 min spawn time, FS loot every, easy to follow the river and figure out their spawn points. Exp is quick if you have some form of regen. Make sure you know how to face tank and backstab. Gear matters here.

Crede
07-26-2019, 11:08 AM
If you must solo, bloodgills in loio. No place better in the game for that level range for solo play. Hit hard, but low hp. 6 of them are single pullable. Probably can’t sneak split the others as they face each other but maybe you can find some angles.

7thGate
07-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Are you using root poison? 50% slow immediately on opening fights is a huge increase in rogue soloability, assuming you have the plat for it, which based on your other gear I'm guessing you do.

I couldn't solo anything worth XP in ALS gear at that level, but I bet you can do Sarnak Berserkers with that setup at 46. They should still be XP green, but much more importantly the quest turnin XP is enormous. I doubt you'll find faster solo XP anywhere else.

EDIT: Any by enormous, I guess I actually mean respectable, probably 2% per turnin ish at 46? It basically turns them into greens that give about as much XP as a blue. Still quite good, I got a lot of level 54 done there grinding out my OT hammer faction, and I know Rainik did all of 59 going from max KOS to amiable. Need to learn where they path and spawn for it to be efficient though.

branamil
07-26-2019, 04:33 PM
If I remember correctly I did crystal caverns tentacle terrors with a fungi. I think they don't totally green out till 51.

Cecily
07-26-2019, 04:54 PM
If you must solo, bloodgills in loio. No place better in the game for that level range for solo play. Hit hard, but low hp. 6 of them are single pullable. Probably can’t sneak split the others as they face each other but maybe you can find some angles.

+1 I’d root one and drag the other to land to break up spawns.

jolanar
07-26-2019, 07:05 PM
Kill greens.

Ravager
07-26-2019, 10:38 PM
Hill giants in wk are blue to 51. Doesn't take long to narrow down the spawn points. They have a lot of hp, but if twinked and you know how to do backstabs solo, they're doable and make you rich. A couple nights in a group is way faster though.

Snaggles
07-27-2019, 12:06 PM
The best way for a rogue to solo is to get the best gear possible (duh), fight in the highest ZEM zones possible, bum buffs from higher players, and pay for rezzes when you inevitably die. Don’t die in obscure places and hope an epic cleric will stroll by or be willing to do so without a healthy bribe.

Even without a fungi you can do this in HHK sneaking around killing low blues or xp greens. Occasionally duoing up for like bards or nobles. Mid 50’s unless you have great gear this will get pretty dodgy though since mobs in general (let alone in HHK) become scarce and hit much harder. Luck with a locustlure procs and having root nets/sow pots for unlucky attempts would be advised.

I enjoyed poison with my rogue on live. However, unless you spend days farming or find a sadist who did supply of mats is the bottleneck. It’s more of a novelty or situational boost than reliable damage. Hell...single dose pots for backpack management alone would make me buy shaman DS ones instead.

Malk
07-27-2019, 04:30 PM
Cause rogues are the worst soloers in game. You will not have solo efficiency anywhere at that lvl, even if you were de leveled with NToV stuff

A rogue can solo pretty well if he knows how to backstab while having aggro. Epic and fungi will carry you to 53 easily with DL 'vargs.

fortior
07-27-2019, 05:35 PM
A rogue can solo pretty well if he knows how to backstab while having aggro. Epic and fungi will carry you to 53 easily with DL 'vargs.

80k pp only carrying you to 53 on open world mobs should be an indicator of how garbage the class is at soloing

Legidias
07-27-2019, 09:43 PM
I didnt say its impossible. I said rogues are the most inefficient soloers in game. Even with all those tricks and stuff, a similarly geared -any other class- will solo better.

Ravager
07-28-2019, 01:02 PM
80k pp only carrying you to 53 on open world mobs should be an indicator of how garbage the class is at soloing
Most classes have difficulty soloing 53+.

7thGate
07-28-2019, 01:43 PM
I enjoyed poison with my rogue on live. However, unless you spend days farming or find a sadist who did supply of mats is the bottleneck. It’s more of a novelty or situational boost than reliable damage. Hell...single dose pots for backpack management alone would make me buy shaman DS ones instead.

For XP soloing, you're basically only going to want to use spine break, and you're going to want to build it in the field. Don't carry the poisons, carry the materials, and a 10 slot pack holds 50 doses. Spine Break uses all store bought ingredients, and slow is the best effect for soloing anyway.

For special purpose soloing, where you're trying to kill a single hard non-summoning target and have time and space to work with, you want Spirit of Sloth, because again it is entirely store bought, and also the strongest/longest lasting snare. You can then bow kite/melee and bind wounds kite/additional DoT kite/whatever to eventually kill the target.

Baa
08-09-2019, 01:26 AM
As mentioned earlier with decent gear bloodgills is the way to go, was slow at 51 and very slow at 52 (when I gave up). Towards the end I could make it all the way around right as respawn started.

Had fungi, epic, haste etc

Followed the same path with my monk later and found it was actually easier on rogue as I could burn through them much quicker and in general sneak splitting was easy enough on all but one of the double spawns.

kjs86z
08-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Followed the same path with my monk later and found it was actually easier on rogue

I do not believe you....unless we're talking apples to oranges and you went ALS style on the monk or something.

Wallicker
08-10-2019, 01:50 AM
HHK hands down, you can solo bards or nobles and dyrna til 58

Pint
08-10-2019, 12:12 PM
I did solb kobolds, the shaman's really weren't that bad

Swish2
08-11-2019, 02:36 AM
HHK hands down, you can solo bards or nobles and dyrna til 58

Beyond 53 this is a terrible idea unless you have the patience of a saint.

wagorf
08-11-2019, 07:19 AM
how do u solo pull hhk nobes with rog?

jolanar
08-11-2019, 09:05 AM
how do u solo pull hhk nobes with rog?

There is 1 solo pull noble on the third floor, and there is a lvl 40 warrior mob near the entrance that you can solo pull as well.

Snaggles
08-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Beyond 53 this is a terrible idea unless you have the patience of a saint.

It’s a mind-numbing camp and hard to get but the exp flow is actually quite good even at 57 with her being green half the time. Maybe I don’t get lucky and my groups pull and kill slow but in my experience it’s on par with Seb CE or Velks lower dogs. Well, besides no loot.

bradsamma
08-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Most classes have difficulty soloing 53+.

Bard, Wizards, Enchanters, Shaman, Mages, Druids, Necros, and Monks are all extremely easy to solo past 53.

If you know what you're doing, a thurg equipped warrior with some root nets, bind wound, and blood points (don't even need a fungi!) can also easily solo past this point too. SK's with a little skill can do it too along with rangers.

That leaves what? Clerics, rogues, and paladins as the worst soloers?

So yeah, most classes solo perfectly fine well past 53. Rogues are going to have the second hardest time soloing after the cleric.

Kealenfists
08-12-2019, 11:04 AM
LOIO bloodgils for sure. Root net will give you time to split the sets that you can’t solo pull and the others with an opening backstab will melt. Just don’t forget to grab an EB item

Snaggles
08-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Bard, Wizards, Enchanters, Shaman, Mages, Druids, Necros, and Monks are all extremely easy to solo past 53.

If you know what you're doing, a thurg equipped warrior with some root nets, bind wound, and blood points (don't even need a fungi!) can also easily solo past this point too. SK's with a little skill can do it too along with rangers.

That leaves what? Clerics, rogues, and paladins as the worst soloers?

So yeah, most classes solo perfectly fine well past 53. Rogues are going to have the second hardest time soloing after the cleric.

Soloing with my ranger has been far more difficult than the paladin if you dont include bow-rotting. Once a mob gets in the 4k+hp range it's just painfully slow to plink them to death.

For 400p a pally can buy a mana-free healing item. Even with normal root you can get 2-3 clicks easy before root breaking. So that's 240-360 hps healed for a 30 mana root. With a full duration of Enstill you can get closer to 10 clicks so give/take 1200 mana for 60 mana.

But yea...if the cleric is a lower guk/KC pro the rogue is going to be by far the most difficult to solo to 60.

KorafRN
08-12-2019, 12:35 PM
I did Spirocs in TD till 51. Plenty of room to fear kite or run away if it gets dicey.

MikeXG
08-19-2019, 12:52 PM

I've seen youtube videos and many posts on here regarding the solo rogue back stab. I have a very good internet connection and low latency and a top of the line computer (not sure if any of that matters in regards to landing the solo back stab). I can't seem to do it. I've heard you need to use the hide/evade macro to land it, I've heard you need to time it between server ticks, I've heard its all about spacing and strafing around and stabbing them in the side while you whip the camera around with the mouse, maybe I'm just not good enough at spinning the camera or need to adjust my sensitivity?

Could a proper rogue explain step by step the process and requirements for a solo back stab please :-)

I don't plan on soloing much on my rogue, he is part of a static quad and is an alt - But I'd like to know just incase I do need to solo something or have hate etc.

Crede
08-19-2019, 03:36 PM
I've seen youtube videos and many posts on here regarding the solo rogue back stab. I have a very good internet connection and low latency and a top of the line computer (not sure if any of that matters in regards to landing the solo back stab). I can't seem to do it. I've heard you need to use the hide/evade macro to land it, I've heard you need to time it between server ticks, I've heard its all about spacing and strafing around and stabbing them in the side while you whip the camera around with the mouse, maybe I'm just not good enough at spinning the camera or need to adjust my sensitivity?

Could a proper rogue explain step by step the process and requirements for a solo back stab please :-)

I don't plan on soloing much on my rogue, he is part of a static quad and is an alt - But I'd like to know just incase I do need to solo something or have hate etc.

There's nothing fancy about it, just get jboots/sow pots. Move in front of mob so it turns around to hit you in the back. Then walk straight back through the mob and hit backstab, wasn't hard to land. Jboots/sow give a pretty big boost to moonwalking. May still be possible without it, but I haven't played my rogue in 4 years and always had jboots.

jolanar
08-20-2019, 06:20 AM
In my experience, even when done correctly it won't always be successful. I'd say somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the time it works depending on the mob.

MikeXG
08-20-2019, 08:18 AM
There's nothing fancy about it, just get jboots/sow pots. Move in front of mob so it turns around to hit you in the back. Then walk straight back through the mob and hit backstab, wasn't hard to land. Jboots/sow give a pretty big boost to moonwalking. May still be possible without it, but I haven't played my rogue in 4 years and always had jboots.

Ahh, so you walk backwards through the mob, instead of strafing around its side. Ill have to try that. I dont have Jboots on my rogue but if thats the secret I may need to pick some up. Thank you.

In my experience, even when done correctly it won't always be successful. I'd say somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the time it works depending on the mob.

This makes me feel better, I think I had it work 1 time so far and I had SOW.