PDA

View Full Version : Question on Updating Files

Yinikren
02-21-2010, 06:13 PM
When I play EQ I usually end up splitting my time 50/50 between PEQ and Project1999, depending on what I want to do. As of now, I haven't updated any spell files because I'm worried that it will mess things up over on the PEQ side of things.

Now, I downloaded the files and made copies of each, one for P1999 and one for PEQ, thinking that would fix it, but it just made EQ crash on login so I had to put all the original files back. So, as of now, my mage is still apparently getting spells every level, ha.

Can I go ahead and update the old spell effects/info and will it impact PEQs graffics and effects before I mess something up and have to reinstall? I'd appreciate any advice on this.

Toboggan
02-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Just do a fresh install anyways.

I've got two Titanium installations and one SoF so I can play on any of the EQEmu servers. After deciding that I really liked this server and wanted to stay, I installed the second Titanium and applied the necessary changes. You can always copy your UI files from the other folder so your windows and options will be the same.