PDA

View Full Version : Spells: NPC DoTs remain after cure

Mountaineer
04-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Ive tested this out several times now in burning woods. a sarnak zeelot will dot me with Venom of the Snake, I'll cure it with Counteract Poison (icon will disappear and it will say you have cured your target of venom of the snake). Yet my HPs continue to decrease until the 42 seconds or however long the DoT had on it is gone.

Rais
04-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I also notice when I'm slowed, and it's cure diseased(Shaman Slow) I am still slowed. Doesn't happen all the time. I've had to wait till it just wore off even without a icon on me.

Uthgaard
04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I've tested this on the live server and found this occur with poison and not disease. Kanras has tested this on his local server and found that it didn't occur at all. The code for handling poison and disease counters is identical so not entirely sure where this is coming from. More details if possible, from people who have/haven't encountered it.

Mountaineer
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Come to BW...I can show it to you live lol

Mountaineer
04-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I have not tried any of the diseases (scourge or slow) but Venom of the snake DEFINATELY stays on and does damage after cured. i've reproduced it every time Ive tried.

Rais
04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Was fighting a Illis Shaman in Seb, me 57 Monk.

I had Turgur's Insects on me. Druid was doing doing Cure Disease/level 5 (oops). After a few tries the icon went away. I was still attacking as if the slow was still on me.

After about 5 mins, I could finally attack at normal speed.

As far on this server, cure disease has always cured slow. So I thought it was just strange for icon to go away, and still be slowed.

I had Visions of Grandeur,Storm Str, Hero/Symbol of Marzin, Major Sheilding, Grim Aura, Group Resist Magic, Levy as buffs.

Mardur
04-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Oh yeah I noticed this bug the other day. Got slowed with Turgur's Insects and had it cured, but I was still very noticeably slowed for a bit after. This was in Chardok iirc.

Edit: I was cured with a Shield of the Immaculate if that matters.

Comapavik
04-14-2011, 01:23 PM
I was soloing a Froglok Yun Shaman in Trakanon's Teeth, and he cast Venom of the Snake, a poison based shaman DoT spell on me. I cast Counteract Poison on myself, and the DoT was removed from my buff window, but I didn't realize until too late that I was still taking damage. I took several ticks of dmg after I cured myself, and I actually died from the dot, even though it appeared to be gone.

Boomlaor
04-14-2011, 01:40 PM
some dots take more than 1 cast to cure. Keep casting until you get a "you have cured your target of poisonxyz" message

Mountaineer
04-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Still waiting on this to be addressed.

Mountaineer
04-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Bump~

arduin
04-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Some sort of issue with the Trakanon Poison AE, it happened to me (Kalrei) on the first kill 2 weeks ago, and then both myself and Perun in my same group on the kill this week. We got hit with the AE, then after the fight had it cured off us, however we still continued to take damage to the dot, even though the poison was cured off, and we couldn't be cured any longer. I petitioned and Uthgaard showed up and did something to the corpse, and we stopped taking damage, but I don't know if the 2 were related, although I assume they were.

Mountaineer
04-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I have this on my bug thread....it STIL hasnt been addressed.

Stefen
04-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Trakanon's poison AE is sketchy. I've only been hit by it once in four trakanon kills, and I've never seen a resist message. Does it have a maximum number of targets?

When hit by the dot today the icon was visible for the full five minute duration, and no amount of poison cures would remove it.

Hobby
04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
We know, and the dev team is working on it. We do not have to answer to every question people ask, Mountaineer, just know that the dev team takes their job very seriously and are actively working with the code.

Mountaineer
04-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Well, I just hadnt heard anything, so just wanted to make sure that it was being dealt with :-)

Uthgaard
04-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Yes your thread was addressed, I've merged this with the original thread just so you don't forget that again. I'm not going to continue the pattern of having to tell you something 30 times before it finally sinks in like we did with the alchemy skill levels.

Kanras has a fix in for the next update.