PDA

View Full Version : Monk - Creative Solo Spots 53+

Wendak
07-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Hi,

I am looking for some creative solo spot ideas for my 53 Monk. I am fairly well geared but don’t have a ton of playtime and need to AFK often these days. I need some spots that aren’t super overcamped. I am fine with just random trash mobs etc.

I tried Raptors in TD but they have huge aggro ranges and were a bit annoying. I tried BW but the sheer number of pathing mobs were really annoying causing lost time when I had to FD with enemies at like 30% HP because I couldn’t tank 2 for an extended period.

If anyone has any interesting suggestions I am all ears!

Here is my Magelo: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Wenanei

loramin
07-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Everyone knows I love to plug the Per-Level guide for situations like these, but I'll be the first to admit that the guide has (literally) zero places that are specifically "good for" Monks (I could have sworn it used to have one, but some Monk must have tried it, not liked it, and removed the "Good for monks" part).

In any case, I hope this thread yields some answers, because the guide could really use some great Monk spots :)

EDIT: No! It looks like there's a bug in my code or something, because the guide does have (a very few) Monk spots. It still needs a ton more so I hope this thread works out, but I'll get to work on fixing the code so the very few "Good for Monk" spots show up when you click the "Monk" filter.

Ravager
07-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Neriak 3rd gate cleric guards are super easy on 6m40s timer, drop fine steel. Just need enough push to keep them from CH.

Wendak
07-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Neriak 3rd gate cleric guards are super easy on 6m40s timer, drop fine steel. Just need enough push to keep them from CH.

Thanks! This is a good idea. I have epic and a moss covered twig so I can definitely give that a try.

Crede
07-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Thanks! This is a good idea. I have epic and a moss covered twig so I can definitely give that a try.

Read Rygar's Hole guide, he knows every square inch about that zone and solo'd there to 60 on his monk with gear not quite as good as yours

loramin
07-03-2019, 09:49 PM

Is this http://wiki.project1999.com/Jabon_T%60Kix you're referring to? And/or ... http://wiki.project1999.com/Ithvol_K%60Jasn, http://wiki.project1999.com/Jsvan_Zexus, http://wiki.project1999.com/Perrir_Zexus?

Just want to get the hunting guide entry correct.

EDIT: P.S. The filters are now working again in the Per-Level guide, and with them back I can happily report that with Ravager's latest suggestion (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide#Hunting_Spots_50-54) there are now a whopping 3 whole Monk-specific spots :)

Ravager
07-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Yeah, when I was playing my monk, I just stuck to the pather and guards outside the guild. There's a SK pather that comes by too, which I'd occasionally tag (but the HT hits hard). The guards in commons are doable too, same level, but they have more hp, hit harder and are a tougher split. There are other guards in 3rd gate too that are easy to split, but I always felt the clerics were squishier.

wagorf
07-04-2019, 05:33 AM
as a monk there is no place you cannot solo and afk in between...plus u said ur well geared

KC because there are tons of mobs and xp is not bad, and dogs don't cast spells. even if the zone is packed you can go in and find single mobs

obviously HHK bards and nobles give best xp until 55 if you don't play at server peak times

deep in lguk some are blues, same with solb - classic zones are always easier

second floor/third floor in CoM is also good, but some casters are annoying and there are roamers, they also hit harder

fortior
07-04-2019, 05:54 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Zentile%27s_Level_59_Monk_Solo_Guide

Zentile's guide has a lot of good spots which he used at 59. Many of these spots are doable at 53+ as well, except you'll hold down less spawns and might have it take it slower.

GinnasP99
07-04-2019, 10:51 AM
I did a good bit of soloing on the cloud stairs that lead from 2nd to third in CoM. There's 3 goos that spawn there and you can pull some extras from around the area. You can jump off of the stairs onto the roof of a building for a safe afk spot

jolanar
07-04-2019, 01:18 PM
If you need to afk a lot then you pretty much need to avoid anything considered a camp and stick to trash mobs.

The only good spot in BW is the giant camp and it's usually crowded.

Honestly you can probably eek out another level in Dreaadlands if you wanted. Or just chill near KC zoneline and grab singles every now and then. Not sure if you can take it at 53, but the Spectral Turnkey camp in KC is good for a monk.

I'd avoid Sol B or HHK if you plan to afk a lot.

Wendak
07-17-2019, 05:03 AM
Read Rygar's Hole guide, he knows every square inch about that zone and solo'd there to 60 on his monk with gear not quite as good as yours

Yeah, when I was playing my monk, I just stuck to the pather and guards outside the guild. There's a SK pather that comes by too, which I'd occasionally tag (but the HT hits hard). The guards in commons are doable too, same level, but they have more hp, hit harder and are a tougher split. There are other guards in 3rd gate too that are easy to split, but I always felt the clerics were squishier.

Thanks for the info. Once the camp is split it is very easy to hold. The other day I was doing 5 spawns every 6 mins there. The exp can be as quick as like 5% in 20 mins. The only problem I have run into is splitting the 2 guards at the entrance are a pain. Between the SK pathing guard, and the cleric inside the guild who paths to the front it can become really hard to split.

Last night between the 3 pathers it took me over an hour to break up the spawn because FD splitting casters can be annoying. It has pretty much taken luck with an immediate FD+Stand memblur on a mob who is casting a long cast time spell on me (dispel).

Once I get tired of this I will probably give the hole a try as suggested here. Thanks everyone for your input.

Dezlen
07-17-2019, 09:54 AM
You should easily be able to hold the guards in Felwithe near the caster guilds. 6 spawns with 15 or 20 min repop. Decent exp to 55 and minimum 20p per kill with a bank in the next zone. My monk soloed Felwithe entrance from 51-55 and made about 20k in drops. Can also do kelethin guards if camped.

fortior
07-17-2019, 10:04 AM
You should easily be able to hold the guards in Felwithe near the caster guilds. 6 spawns with 15 or 20 min repop. Decent exp to 55 and minimum 20p per kill with a bank in the next zone. My monk soloed Felwithe entrance from 51-55 and made about 20k in drops. Can also do kelethin guards if camped.

Don't those cast heals and stuns? If not hoo boy I'm heading there right now

Dezlen
07-17-2019, 10:39 AM
They do but rarely. Id say they loh only 30% of the time.

sonicjoose
07-17-2019, 10:45 AM
If you get a mob to flee health while your critically low and fd stand back up right away they will flee. TIP of the day

Inappropriate Pulls

Wendak
07-23-2019, 03:14 PM

Thanks. Felwithe guards have been super easy to hold. Plat is much better than Neriak, and it is much easier to break. However Neriak once you are rolling is faster exp.

fortior
07-25-2019, 06:08 PM
felwithe guards were annoying without epic but maybe with the added push from epic's haste it'll work out

Wendak
07-25-2019, 08:58 PM
felwithe guards were annoying without epic but maybe with the added push from epic's haste it'll work out

I did half of 53 in Neriak C and the other half in felwithe. The felwithe guards were easier to split but took longer to kill.

I am using Fungi Tunic + Fungi Stick with epic and T-Staff. I was able to kill about 9 guards per round (about 24 mins I think?). I didn’t even bother trying to interrupt their GHeal spell ad I found I couldn’t get enough push fast enough. So I just kept Meleeing through it with TStaff.

Guards have just gone green con, but 54 is a hell level so gonna be tough to tell if the exp is still worth it. May have to look at more of the suggestions in this thread. :)

Legidias
07-26-2019, 08:37 AM

I dont understand this statement. They are annoying cause you dont have epic (delay), but you have epic click????

fortior
07-26-2019, 11:18 AM
I dont understand this statement. They are annoying cause you dont have epic (delay), but you have epic click????

I don't have epic yet. When I do have epic, maybe the guards will be less annoying, because the added push might stop some heals.