PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mob Pathing Issue in COM

Teeny
04-12-2011, 05:40 AM
In City of Mist, at the temple, on the top of the temp is 2 spawns, when you pull them down the ramp, they fall thru the world, agroing EVERYTHING in the zone and cause one hellacious train. It happens at least 2-3 times a night for me and my buddy who camp temple.

beandipchipdip
09-20-2012, 04:14 AM
I see that this thread is a year and a half old, but this problem has not been fixed. I have died to this train several times tonight, and we finally figured out it was a particular mob (greater plaguebone) on the top of the temple in City of Mist that was causing the zone-wide train. Can this issue be looked into please? It is causes serious problems in City of Mist. I will create a new thread if this thread is too buried to ever be read by a GM.
Thanks!

Ambrotos
09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
They don't go through the world that causes agro. They could fall under the steps, but they isn't whats causing the agro. They agro mobs above them and they run down the hall that circles around the building, and out of the locked door.

beandipchipdip
09-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh, ok. I was mistaken about the nature of the bug, but it is a bug nonetheless, is it not? I don't think pulling a mob on the ground should aggro mobs on levels above, but please correct me if my assumption is incorrect.

Renk
09-25-2012, 05:22 AM
I'm not sure if I understand exactly what Ambrotos is saying.

In my experience, when things are behaving as they should, the 2 at the top of the temple won't chain-aggro anything other than each other. If you aggro them and pull/kite them down the ramp, and both come after you, then that is all you will get, those 2 mobs you pulled.

However, sometime only 1 will make it, and the other "poofs" as it crosses the line between the temple top and the ramp (or around this area) putting it above or below the normal geometry, at which point it starts a giant train (I've never seen where exactly it went, and CoM's standard mobs have no aggro emotes to indicate the train starting other than the occasional army behemoth).

When I face pulled them, and only one came, I learned to root it and immediately camp off, or else die a bit after.

So, from what I've seen, it is indeed some kind of pathing bug causing trains as the OP stated.

Alunova
05-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Anyone able to be a bit more specific on the location? My servers slang was a bit different I guess. There are tons of ramps and temple type areas =/

Bidin
05-20-2013, 04:23 AM
I believe he is talking about the temple which is directly right after the zone in bridge. I've experienced similar type trains at that location pulling the two undead mobs from that tower down the hallway on red.

-Shrimp

Lostprophets
05-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Anyone able to be a bit more specific on the location? My servers slang was a bit different I guess. There are tons of ramps and temple type areas =/

Sorry if this is a little off, but best i can do on short notice...

I've seen this for myself as well. They don't fall under the world. When you enter the temple and pull (even when you slowly walk them down sometimes) one NPC actually pops up/glitches on the second floor currently it's Pathing (Red) From 2nd Floor to Ground Level pulling everything but the kitchen sink down to the temple, or stables...wherever your pulling to. It should be Pathing as shown (Blue). X is where the said NPC's are being talked about (near 4 on the map).

http://oi41.tinypic.com/afd27d.jpg

I hope this helps.

Alunova
05-29-2013, 02:04 AM
CoM pathing node layout is...odd. I need to do a bit more work here, but this specific issue should be fixed, pending update.