PDA

View Full Version : Yet another monk thread

WandersX2
06-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Human 55 monk - Im not your typical monk.
I don’t have enough time to play anymore for more than maybe an hour maybe 2 times a week. For me I just enjoy farming solo stuff and FD when the baby cries. The thing is I have had a shopping problem on game for a while. Always buying and selling my current gear. Ok so here is the question - I have obtained mid to low level gear just from farming (Necklace of Superiority, Oiled Greeves, Eyepatch of Shadows, Runed Bolster Belt, Ady &SoS) I sort of decided I’ll never get epic due to time and non commitment to clanning but have been thinking is it worth it to sell all my gear to scrap enough together for either a better haste CoF or a Fungi. The idea is replace all my gear with lower tier stuff to preserve slots but invest in one of those essential items either a CoF or Fungi. Thoughts? Primarily id be using it to help in farming more. And probably start replacing all the items I once sold again.

PS I also decided I prob wont ever get No Drop items of planes/char/howling due to limited avail. So my question is solely focused on trade-able items.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Ravager
06-22-2019, 08:09 AM
I'd get the fungi and I wouldn't give up on your epic. RBB is plenty good for haste. Even casually you can quest the robe and just buy the MQ for the rest of the epic quest once you farmed enough plat. But those are the two things that will make your life way easier.

fortior
06-22-2019, 08:21 AM
Fungi is more of a boon for your casual soloing lifestyle than 500k in non-regen phats

WandersX2
06-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Sorry maybe I should have clarified. Is it worth selling all my mid range stuff to get a fungi and replace RBB for budget haste?

Snaggles
06-22-2019, 03:53 PM
If a casual soloer I'd prob sell the Addy and SoS for an IFS. Maybe some DS potions too.

Farming it would help out a ton. Solo it would as well.

fortior
06-22-2019, 06:03 PM
fungi -> best worn haste you can afford -> best weapons you can afford, imo

WandersX2
06-24-2019, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your input! Sold all my shiet and got my fungi finally. I do have the non clicky robe. Been hoping for a char pipe mq but no luck. I will keep trying. How much is an mq going for after I have the haste clicky robe to complete epic? Seems like a lot of extra stuff after that.

Pint
06-24-2019, 01:10 PM
Demon fangs are like 35k I think?

bradsamma
06-24-2019, 06:20 PM
Wow, 35k? For something which can be done with one group if that group includes a well geared warrior and a cleric and some melee dps in under 2 hours, that's insane!

Legidias
06-24-2019, 07:20 PM
Dunno if thats really surprisng to you. 25-35k is very standard for demon fangs.

bradsamma
06-24-2019, 07:32 PM
It is. I guess I never paid attention to how much it cost.

fortior
06-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Wow, 35k? For something which can be done with one group if that group includes a well geared warrior and a cleric and some melee dps in under 2 hours, that's insane!

35k for 2 hours of 5 well geared players' time is a bargain

bradsamma
06-25-2019, 12:16 PM
A well geared warrior, any two 2 rogues, and any 2 clerics. Maybe an enchanter for haste and clarity to make things go a bit faster.

Sizar
06-25-2019, 12:40 PM
You can find the Demon Fang MQ for 25k, be patient

bradsamma
06-25-2019, 12:48 PM
You can find the Demon Fang MQ for 25k, be patient

Haha, I did it the old fashioned way with my monk awhile ago. But now that I know that I can get 35k for it I might try to convince some friends to come do it :)

Legidias
06-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Youre not gonna do xeno with that setup. 1 stun on tank and rest of your force is dead. You also have no one to kite Deep off.

fortior
06-25-2019, 01:56 PM
A well geared warrior, any two 2 rogues, and any 2 clerics. Maybe an enchanter for haste and clarity to make things go a bit faster.

Still a bargain. Ask friends for sure, but if you ask strangers be prepared to pay a fair price for their time and gear.

bradsamma
06-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Youre not gonna do xeno with that setup. 1 stun on tank and rest of your force is dead. You also have no one to kite Deep off.

Oh, as a monk I kite him off with a few charges from my nets.

As for the tank getting stunned, why would that kill the group? You just turn off auto attack while he's stunned.

I wonder if a SS geared paladin/SK could tank xeno too before the two clerics went OOM.

jolanar
06-26-2019, 08:17 AM
Coming from someone who also basically fools around, farms and occasionally solo exps on a Monk with limited playtime due to small children:

If you have no problem farming, just buy your epic MQs. The hardest part will be the two pipes if you aren't able to acquire one on your own, unless someone is selling both at once you will need to coordinate with two people.

I MQed, both pipes (back when Chardok was aoe farmed, so it was more commonly sold), MQed the book from Skyfire, and paid for loot rights to Dragon Fang.

Totally worth it.

Aside from that, get a fungi. It cannot be overstated how ludicrously OP a fungi is.

Fungi + Epic = Solo to level 60 on a monk without much trouble.

fortior
06-26-2019, 01:37 PM
Would you say epic > tstaff for soloing to 60?

WandersX2
06-26-2019, 01:52 PM
Went through and sold my stuff got the fungi. Yes, big time game changer with that. Spent 2k on a char pipe mq so finally got that clicky robe. Also very helpful. Now usually id start farming again to get a better haste. Kept the sos and ady. Figure with stun I out dps the IFS. I like to semi afl farm MM for Essence of Moonlight, Garg Eyes, Random Unique items. Any other suggestions for lv 55? Bandage is maxed so I can stay pretty healthy most of the time.

Snaggles
06-26-2019, 01:57 PM

Why not Epic & an IFS? It's 90% of a t-staff for 10% the plat.

fortior
06-26-2019, 02:34 PM
Why not Epic & an IFS? It's 90% of a t-staff for 10% the plat.

The stun proc but you make a good point

Jimjam
06-26-2019, 05:47 PM
Went through and sold my stuff got the fungi. Yes, big time game changer with that. Spent 2k on a char pipe mq so finally got that clicky robe. Also very helpful. Now usually id start farming again to get a better haste. Kept the sos and ady. Figure with stun I out dps the IFS. I like to semi afl farm MM for Essence of Moonlight, Garg Eyes, Random Unique items. Any other suggestions for lv 55? Bandage is maxed so I can stay pretty healthy most of the time.

Can you keep clear bridge, lcy rear or jail in KC? You could pull your own t staff out with luck. Or at least some solo XP?

jolanar
06-26-2019, 07:07 PM

Yes by leaps and bounds. Tstaff is nice but it's hardly better than a 4k Peacebringer or IFS.

Troxx
06-27-2019, 12:41 AM

Epic is amazing for 3 reasons.

-9/16 is a stellar main hand ratio
-stats make it basically BiS
-40% clicky haste + attk + ac

Epic > no epic and TStaff

40% haste click cannot be overstated.

To the OP I would prioritize epic over fungi personally if it really came down to it, but I’d set both epic and fungi as goals and making it happen even if you have to strip your toon naked to finance it in the short run.

Edit: excellent! You got the fungi. Save up for epic next. Upgrading from low end haste to medium tier haste is a waste when the epic adds a raw 40% extra on top of low tier haste item.

diamondfist
06-27-2019, 01:29 AM
With your case...

sell your gear and buy the full epic MQ.

Go camp a FBSS for your haste.

then youll have worn haste + self spell haste + 2x 9/16 fists

stay away from camps, in which mobs cast Damage shields on one another.

good luck on 60.

Jimjam
06-27-2019, 01:52 AM
Isn't only primary 9/16?

(With epic)

wagorf
06-27-2019, 03:14 AM
Since you said you'd be soloing most of the time, i say.....

epic > fungi

IFS is sufficient if money is an issue, Tstaff is great and stuff but its really for those who has the plat to spend. This has always been how EQ works, you pay top dollars for a slight improvement.. hiero cloak, tstaff are all great examples

Troxx
06-27-2019, 09:33 AM
Isn't only primary 9/16?

(With epic)

It makes both of your fists 9/16.

You see most epic monks only use it primary because the raw weapon ratios of SoS (17/28), AC (15/25), and SoM (13/21) are superior to 9/16.

jolanar
06-27-2019, 10:14 AM
Isn't only primary 9/16?

(With epic)

It's both hands. When you unequip your offhand Stave of Shielding, it turns you into a mob pushing machine. You may not have bash but you can still interrupt most casters by just double fisting their ass.

Sizar
06-27-2019, 04:55 PM
It's both hands. When you unequip your offhand Stave of Shielding, it turns you into a mob pushing machine. You may not have bash but you can still interrupt most casters by just double fisting their ass.

I get interrupted a lot too when someone double fists my ass. They usually don't have the courtesy to spit on their knuckles first either.

Ravager
06-27-2019, 07:25 PM
But it's a double fisting, so the rewards outweigh the cost.

fortior
07-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Epic is amazing for 3 reasons.

-9/16 is a stellar main hand ratio
-stats make it basically BiS
-40% clicky haste + attk + ac

Epic > no epic and TStaff

40% haste click cannot be overstated.

To the OP I would prioritize epic over fungi personally if it really came down to it, but I’d set both epic and fungi as goals and making it happen even if you have to strip your toon naked to finance it in the short run.

Edit: excellent! You got the fungi. Save up for epic next. Upgrading from low end haste to medium tier haste is a waste when the epic adds a raw 40% extra on top of low tier haste item.

Currently trying to make the leap from tstaff/rbg to epic/fbss by getting MQs. I looked at the stats, and for soloing alone it should be a pretty big deal. More monster ripostes though.

bradsamma
07-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Currently trying to make the leap from tstaff/rbg to epic/fbss by getting MQs. I looked at the stats, and for soloing alone it should be a pretty big deal. More monster ripostes though.

Just join a guild. The epic can be done in a short if you already have the pipes.

I think the only two guilds that you can't just join at 55 are riot and AM.

Muggens
07-04-2019, 08:07 PM
But it's a double fisting, so the rewards outweigh the cost.

Ouch double fisting, dont widen it too much buddy

aaezil
07-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Anti social /ocd / possibly autism/sperg spectrum?