PDA

View Full Version : box readers

El Prez
06-06-2019, 10:07 AM
Hey box pals,

What are some of your favorite books?

Power of Habit and Art of Learning are it for me. I will be ordering Shoniki in that not so distant future.

Joe Rogan guest who told me about Shoniki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llhb2ymtsw8&t=1s

Dwarflord
06-06-2019, 03:48 PM
Go back to school so you can get a real job instead of going to the university of online video games and graduating at the bottom of your class.

heartbrand
06-06-2019, 11:13 PM
Art of the Deal

Tassador
06-07-2019, 07:31 AM
Howard Stern comes again. Good one for tomato

kotton05
06-07-2019, 08:50 AM
50 shades of gay comes highly recommended

Ignight
06-07-2019, 12:36 PM
The Worthing Saga

El Prez
06-07-2019, 04:26 PM
The Worthing Saga

Jason Worthing and one of his descendants, Justice, go to a small village on a backward world to get a boy named Lared to write a book for them. This book is about why Abner Doon destroyed the empire and the planet Capitol and why Jason's descendants destroyed the planet Worthing. It also explains why people all over the settled part of the galaxy are no longer being protected by "God" from pain and hardship.

Sounds like a good time for future science fiction reading which I haven't gotten to do any of. Have you read any by Isaac Asimov?

Lord Casey
06-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Supernatural by Graham Hancock

How to change your mind by Michael Pollan

edit: I was just listening to that episode you mentioned a few minutes ago before I got on here. serendipity
I very highly recommend the dude he had on the other week. Naval Ravikant really impressed me with how he really broke down concepts I've been thinking about all year.

Christina.
06-11-2019, 01:41 AM
The secret
50th law
Rich dad poor dad are a few I like

Ignight
06-11-2019, 05:49 AM
Jason Worthing and one of his descendants, Justice, go to a small village on a backward world to get a boy named Lared to write a book for them. This book is about why Abner Doon destroyed the empire and the planet Capitol and why Jason's descendants destroyed the planet Worthing. It also explains why people all over the settled part of the galaxy are no longer being protected by "God" from pain and hardship.

Sounds like a good time for future science fiction reading which I haven't gotten to do any of. Have you read any by Isaac Asimov?

I have.

El Prez
06-11-2019, 07:40 AM

edit: I was just listening to that episode you mentioned a few minutes ago before I got on here. serendipity
I very highly recommend the dude he had on the other week. Naval Ravikant really impressed me with how he really broke down concepts I've been thinking about all year.

Holy shit dude, reading your message just gave me the chills. I am literally tabbed over here because I am listening to Naval Ravikant this very moment was considering sharing with the community. What a clear thinker. I absolutely love this man.

People, some of these 2-3 hour podcasts I would dare say have book like impacts if you open your mind. They can really change your mindset and that's how you control your reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qHkcs3kG44&t=1292s - You will be sold in the first 2 minutes

@Casey, I listened to the Podcast with Graham Hancock and was captivated from beginning to end. Thanks for the recommendation. I am sure I will be reading some of his content in the future along with some Brian Cox.

I am now following Ed on Instagram; such a good feed. He enjoys interacting with his followers and is super down to Earth as I am sure you can already tell. Selecting content at random has really been paying off.

El Prez
06-11-2019, 07:43 AM
I have.

That's awesome. I was reading a book about the most productive people in history and they talk about Isaac's ability to pump out content. Intense. Not great for his family life though.

Ignight
06-11-2019, 09:05 AM
That's awesome. I was reading a book about the most productive people in history and they talk about Isaac's ability to pump out content. Intense. Not great for his family life though.

Orson Scott Card is very similar. Fantastic writer. Met him at a book signing once. He's hilarious.

El Prez
06-11-2019, 09:31 AM
The secret

Thought control $

Nirgon
06-11-2019, 01:55 PM
I've read it cover to cover many times. The helpful website section always makes me smile. Thank me later:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/53542242/48825912-EverQuest-the-Ruins-of-Kunark-Revised-Expanded-Prima-Official-eGuide

El Prez
06-11-2019, 02:12 PM
I've read it cover to cover many times. The helpful website section always makes me smile. Thank me later:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/53542242/48825912-EverQuest-the-Ruins-of-Kunark-Revised-Expanded-Prima-Official-eGuide

What an epic post. I remember looking through NPC stats. Could have sworn Hill Giants were STR 255!

Zemgus
06-13-2019, 12:38 AM
I'm in, where's the nearest E-Meter?

Dwarflord
06-13-2019, 11:57 AM

is there a classic guide someplace ?

Sguchi
06-15-2019, 12:06 AM

Nice! Graham Hancock is interesting the way he describes past civilizations and places like goblekhi tepi. He really opened my mind into thinking about ancient civilizations and I find it really fascinating. You might also like the work of a guy by the name of Randal Carlson. He talks about the same types of things but has more a scientific background. They compliment each other very well.

Some of my favorite writers are Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K. Dick, H. P. Lovecraft

Wanyo
06-15-2019, 09:11 PM
Last thing I read was when ezpk couldn’t find the hole: a tale of terror and a shattered glass table

Dwarflord
06-16-2019, 12:08 PM
he is currently writing The legend of the T Staff and the full duration proc

Wanyo
06-16-2019, 05:28 PM
he is currently writing The legend of the T Staff and the full duration proc

Hahahahaha ...and the last of the series p99 American history: the founding of America in 1976

Dwarflord
06-16-2019, 06:41 PM
P99 American History
Chapter 1 Combobreaker and the Karnors zoneline PVP

Wanyo
06-16-2019, 07:18 PM
P99 American History
Chapter 1 Combobreaker and the Karnors zoneline PVP

Chapter 2 Ezpk pelled while Levi was top-slotted high over the dreadlands