PDA

View Full Version : Crashing every time I try to create a Gnome Shadow Knight

Swyftwynd
06-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Hey, not sure why, but each time I attempt to make a Gnome SK I get disconnected after the final step. Does anyone know a fix to this, or is this a known bug for P99 atm? Looking for any feedback or solution pls! -Apologies for the double post from Starting Zone Thread.

fan D
06-06-2019, 01:37 AM
thats so weird haha idk man

Kavious
06-06-2019, 02:17 AM
Gnomes cannot be Shadow Knights (https://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Knight) in this era

Swyftwynd
06-06-2019, 02:42 AM
Then why allow it to get that far in the char creation selection unlike the other combo of race/classes that can't be made due to expansion release. Idk, just a bit of a tease and not fair imo. The other class/race combos are completely blocked due to the restrictions, so why not this one? I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but if it's off limits to make then do the same and remove the ability or just allow it....it's that simple.

dk0
06-06-2019, 01:20 PM
P99 is based on the Titanium client, which includes a number of expansions far beyond what's offered on P99. The staff has worked a LOT to build into the server rules, spawns, items, etc that reflect how things were back in-era. That being said, there are plenty of limitations that come with being a part of the Titanium client. This is one of them. They're not locked by the client because they were simply patched in, and are not new content as part of an expansion.

It's entirely the opposite of "remove the ability.. it's that simple." As a built-in part of the client it's likely that it's impossible to change.

But please, go on about how "not fair" this server (that so many people put so many hours of work into to provide for free) is.

beversami
06-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Then why allow it to get that far in the char creation selection unlike the other combo of race/classes that can't be made due to expansion release. Idk, just a bit of a tease and not fair imo. The other class/race combos are completely blocked due to the restrictions, so why not this one? I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but if it's off limits to make then do the same and remove the ability or just allow it....it's that simple.

You poor thing, how ever will you go on?