PDA

View Full Version : Disconnecting seconds after logging in

Uggme
05-31-2019, 12:24 PM
Hello everyone!

I recently started playing again and have been having a great time. Re-installed and have been playing a lot with no issues.

However, today something odd has happened - I'm able to log into a character just fine, however about 10 seconds later i drop connection. The game itself says I've been disconnected and get kicked to server select. It doesn't matter which character I use, it does this every time.

during the seconds I'm on everything works fine - I can chat, cast spells, ect.

This was a very sudden change, as everything was working 100% fine a few days ago. We did have power surge which caused some internet issues for a bit, but EVERYTHING else in the house works fine. I can play any other online game without issue or disconnection, so I don't think it's an issue with my ISP.

Any tips? anyone know what's happening? Thanks for the help

bomaroast
05-31-2019, 01:03 PM
Do you have MQ2 or MyShowEQ running? There is malware included in the P99 update packs which detects what all programs are running on your computer.

Uggme
05-31-2019, 02:01 PM
No, I'm not running any other programs. Discord is usually running in the background and a browser

It'd be pretty bold of me to come on here asking for help if I was using ShowEQ :) I'm fully legit here just trying to play.

Uggme
06-01-2019, 07:49 PM
No other pointers? perhaps I'll just delete everything and start over on a new install. anyone ever had success with that?

Daloon
06-01-2019, 07:49 PM
I would try using a Free VPN like Cyberghost (assuming its still free) to narrow down the issue. See if you instantly Disconnect still. Can also try changing your DNS server (easy to do via Google if you don't know how).

I had a similar issue that lasted about 1 month before going away on its own.