PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Animation

Cacos
05-22-2019, 11:28 PM
I was looking over the pet guide https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide and the animations stats are pretty close to the other classes. How would a buffed up animation stand up to a slowed mob at higher levels? Just trying to see if they can withstand a beating.

branamil
05-22-2019, 11:40 PM
If you can land a slow on it and keep it hasted and boomed, it can solo some pretty tough low 50s mobs. Especially if you cast a bedlam or rune on it to keep it alive.

Troxx
05-23-2019, 09:37 AM
It’s actually a very strong pet. It only suffers in that it cannot be commanded.

I never appreciated how good it was until I was doing a trio in Kael arena on my shaman with a 60 monk and higher level enchanter. With just the monk and shaman pet (didn’t have epic yet or the 56/59 dot) it was slow going as the mobs regen quickly. The enchanter joined us and popped out summon pet. He’d either tash early or root and step in close to get hit once to trigger the pet to engage. Quadding quickly for 48, it massively improved our kill time in overpowering the regen. At max summon it’s level 48 and has 3200hp unbuffed. It’s a very capable tank that puts out decent damage.

The only problem is that you can’t direct it to attack and you can’t pull it off if needed.

Crede
05-23-2019, 02:55 PM
It’s actually a very strong pet. It only suffers in that it cannot be commanded.

I never appreciated how good it was until I was doing a trio in Kael arena on my shaman with a 60 monk and higher level enchanter. With just the monk and shaman pet (didn’t have epic yet or the 56/59 dot) it was slow going as the mobs regen quickly. The enchanter joined us and popped out summon pet. He’d either tash early or root and step in close to get hit once to trigger the pet to engage. Quadding quickly for 48, it massively improved our kill time in overpowering the regen. At max summon it’s level 48 and has 3200hp unbuffed. It’s a very capable tank that puts out decent damage.

The only problem is that you can’t direct it to attack and you can’t pull it off if needed.

Max enchanter animation will hit for 56. It's beefy and will out tank a mage epic pet when paired with all of the enchanter abilities(slow, boon, rune, etc.). As long as you let it do it's thing while controlling everything else that's happening around you, it's a nice change of pace from charming to kill a higher level mob or farm greens.

I never bothered using any of the other animations, but when I got the 55 spell randomly in a seb group drop, it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable parts about my enchanter.

Troxx
05-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Doh you’re right max is 56. My brain farted.

zarza
05-23-2019, 05:35 PM
ive farmed pained soul as pet. yea enc pet is very useful tho

gprater
06-01-2019, 07:56 PM
I soled/duoed/occasionally trioed with nothing buy animations to49ish on both red and blue with minimal effort....its safe and reliable. charming is fun but the animation is not be dismissed easily.

Rimitto
06-17-2019, 07:49 PM
I soled/duoed/occasionally trioed with nothing buy animations to49ish on both red and blue with minimal effort....its safe and reliable. charming is fun but the animation is not be dismissed easily.

to add on to this comment, I've been doing the same, currently up to 30 and I've come up with some conclusions.

1) animations are separated by a tier gap that happens every 12 levels orso.
2) they do have starting gear that's dependent on this tier system.
3) at the end of every tier they are horrible and not as reliable as far as damage or even tanking goes. (probably where the myth that charm is good came from)

I can't say much as far as late game goes, but I'd say 30 is pretty decent middle ground. From my experience, it depends more on the Tier jump at how effective your animation will be. Animations get a massive boost every tier jump and become incredibly more effective than the previous tier every time.

They are fairly reliable tanks.. DPS can be hit or miss, alacrity(haste) seems to make a huge difference in DPS for shiny bob.
I feel like more testing needs to be done with AC on enchanter animations to see how much of a difference that makes, because getting some buffs on them seems to make them go insanely tanky sometimes. maybe they start with low AC or something?

Wallicker
06-17-2019, 08:05 PM
The Troll Continues...
Lvl 30 ench max pet lvl 26 has 850hp hits for 28dmg

Charmed lvl 25 rogue NPC has 950hp hits for 50-56dmg and backstabs for 170ish(this pet can also be controlled and any items you give it can be retrieved when done).

We are talking 2-3x as much damage by charming. This gap only widens the higher lvl you get.

Rimitto
06-17-2019, 08:10 PM
The Troll Continues...
Lvl 30 ench max pet lvl 26 has 850hp hits for 28dmg

Charmed lvl 25 rogue NPC has 950hp hits for 50-56dmg and backstabs for 170ish(this pet can also be controlled and any items you give it can be retrieved when done).

We are talking 2-3x as much damage by charming. This gap only widens the higher lvl you get.

oh hey btw wall I found an item not listed on the wiki that my animation dropped after I killed it, should I upload it to the wiki so that there's more clarity in what the starting gear of animations are? :rolleyes:

loramin
06-17-2019, 08:40 PM
oh hey btw wall I found an item not listed on the wiki that my animation dropped after I killed it, should I upload it to the wiki so that there's more clarity in what the starting gear of animations are? :rolleyes:

Yes! If the question is ever "should I add something the wiki doesn't have", the answer is always yes :)

Wallicker
06-17-2019, 09:25 PM
oh so now your killing and looting animations!! Does your ass get jealous of the shit coming out of your mouth?

Rimitto
06-17-2019, 10:13 PM
oh so now your killing and looting animations!! Does your ass get jealous of the shit coming out of your mouth?

https://i.imgur.com/7MkaIeH.png

Looted from my own minion after I killed him for betraying me. anything else you want to say, he of many insults? :rolleyes:

Tethler
06-17-2019, 11:35 PM

Looted from my own minion after I killed him for betraying me. anything else you want to say, he of many insults? :rolleyes:

Neat that they have loot. Animation is still inferior to charm.

Troxx
06-18-2019, 12:04 AM
I don’t think anyone is asserting animation is superior to charm. Across the board charming is significantly stronger. The whole point is that animations are often overlooked despite being quite capable.

Benefits of animation:
-it doesn’t break randomly and try to rape your face
-it’s capable enough to get a wide range of jobs done (albeit in mediocre fashion)

Benefits of charm:
-literally everything else when it isn’t trying to rape your face

Charm is better. We all know it.

Tethler
06-18-2019, 01:03 AM
I don’t think anyone is asserting animation is superior to charm. Across the board charming is significantly stronger. The whole point is that animations are often overlooked despite being quite capable.

Benefits of animation:
-it doesn’t break randomly and try to rape your face
-it’s capable enough to get a wide range of jobs done (albeit in mediocre fashion)

Benefits of charm:
-literally everything else when it isn’t trying to rape your face

Charm is better. We all know it.

I agree, however...

(probably where the myth that charm is good came from)

I was referring to this guy who has repeatedly come here to the forums saying that charm is bad/worse than animations.

NegaStoat
06-18-2019, 01:19 AM

I haven't seen a screenshot of the animation No Rent weapon & shield since the Everlore website back in 1999. Dang that brings back memories.

Rimitto
06-19-2019, 03:08 PM
I agree, however...

I was referring to this guy who has repeatedly come here to the forums saying that charm is bad/worse than animations.
Charm IS bad/worse than animations. The only times it's possibly better is when the tier is about to change, but that's not because charm is better, it's because the average DPS of animations drops off over the course of 12 levels, thus why 1st generation animations of new tiers are consistently better than any charmed pets at that level.
You're comparing apples and oranges instead of green apples to red apples :rolleyes:

Of course maybe you don't think "hell levels" exist either. :rolleyes:
Such a nuanced idea, what even is a "hell" right? :rolleyes:

Besides, I would love to see an untwinked unbuffed character legitimately attempt to exp with charm and say it's better than a new tier generation animation.

But I agree, too many people get raped in the face by charmed monsters, so let's start #AnimationPrideMonth in July. :cool:

kjs86z
06-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Charm IS bad/worse than animations. The only times it's possibly better is when the tier is about to change, but that's not because charm is better, it's because the average DPS of animations drops off over the course of 12 levels, thus why 1st generation animations of new tiers are consistently better than any charmed pets at that level.
You're comparing apples and oranges instead of green apples to red apples :rolleyes:

Besides, I would love to see an untwinked unbuffed character legitimately attempt to exp with charm and say it's better than a new tier generation animation.

But I agree, too many people get raped in the face by charmed monsters, so let's start #AnimationPrideMonth in July. :cool:

Guy, stop. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Izmael
06-19-2019, 05:56 PM
I too love to get mad comparing apples and oranges.

Tethler
06-20-2019, 11:18 PM

Guy spamming eyeroll emojis while always being wrong. Classic.

Bristlebaner
07-07-2019, 09:57 AM
I’m skeptical that wiki values are correct. 55 enc animation is a rather average tank. I’d say it ranks worse than 49 necro pet despite the wiki saying it has more hp.

Quinas
07-08-2019, 01:56 AM
This Rimitto guy keeps on producing the goods.