PDA

View Full Version : Out of range DPS lost

1asdfasdf1
05-14-2019, 03:39 PM
Anyone run parses on the percent of time or the # of missed attacks due to being out of melee range of your mobs?

deezy
05-14-2019, 10:23 PM
You'll never lose data from yourself. For others it depends on the mob hit box. The larger hit boxes make it harder to parse those around you. It isn't something I completely understand, but on certain very large mobs if you're standing at max melee range you'll not be able to parse most of the people around you even if they're standing right next to you. I believe it's a combination of being close enough to the tank and them close enough to yourself for them to show up in the parse.

Bardp1999
05-14-2019, 11:53 PM
The real question is why would anyone care about parse damage on P99? Get a good weapon/haste and take all available buffs. The rest doesn't matter at all.

If you really care about DPS then you should play a charm class since they do about 5x-10x the damage of the most geared player on the server.

1asdfasdf1
05-15-2019, 09:28 AM
Before anyone else misinterprets the post, my post is about "the percent of time or the # of missed attacks due to being out of melee range". Not DPS.

Cecily
05-15-2019, 09:52 AM
If a mob has a hard to hit hitbox, moving or otherwise, and if you’re good at sticking on it, you’re probably top DPS or way up there. Just pay attention to push and don’t mentally check out while you’re meleeing.

Cecily
05-15-2019, 10:00 AM
Before anyone else misinterprets the post, my post is about "the percent of time or the # of missed attacks due to being out of melee range". Not DPS.

Lol. It’s proportial to how bad you are.

Time on target

Rogues
< 96% Bad rogue
96-98% Good rogue
99-100% Great rogue

Monks
0-100% Bad rogue