PDA

View Full Version : having issuses getting things to work... any help/tips?

Bl4ckdo9
05-10-2019, 12:08 PM
so I'm returning EQ player from like 14 years ago I started back a month ago on eq live but after hearing about p99 though I would like to go back to the time where I was actually playing plus seems like more players are on p99 compared to live with all the boxers and crap still only being like 200-300 players on server.

so I got on here and followed the steps at first it was saying I was missing "DSETUP.DLL" so I saved a copy on desktop and added it to the folder.

next I got on and was making a char then I got kicked with a message that my spells was out of date looking over to forum I found v47 which is what I thought I had but did it again to make sure.

now I cant even see if the spells are fixed because I get a message at log in saying that it has timed out instantly. about to redo everything and hope for the best if anyone has had these problems and got past them please give me some tips so I can get on...

Bl4ckdo9
05-10-2019, 02:11 PM
So I've deleted everything and went over everything. I've been trying to get this to work out off and on for at least 6 hours last night and this mourning. The latest problem being that it cant connect to the server.

loramin
05-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Dunno if this is true on Windows, but on Linux because of the networking wizardry here sometimes a VPN is necessary to fix issues with the servers not showing up.

They only cost a few bucks a month and are easy to try, so if you're out of ideas you could at least see if one helps.

ReadOnly
05-10-2019, 04:43 PM
To be clear, did you download these files: http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files47.zip

Did you extract them to your EQ directory? Did you overwrite files and folders or just files? Depending on your copy handler, you may have replaced a folder than merged them.

If you did all that correctly, what exactly is your error message? And by what exactly, I mean "take a screenshot of your error message and post it"

Bl4ckdo9
05-10-2019, 06:18 PM
ok so after deleting everything once again and going back threw the set up steps it lets me get back past the log in screen and saying on the char screen that my spells files out dated again. I took the files from the setup page which says v47 and cut paste them in place of the files that was in the folder. I took your link and replaced the files once again. its removing DSETUP.dll so adding that back. let me log in again but still saying "yourspells file is outdated please visit project1999.com and get the latest files from the getting started post" so I guess at the moment im doing something wrong with the files...