PDA

View Full Version : Shadow.Tech & Compatibility

dajudge
05-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with using Shadow.tech's services and playing P99. It's a Windows 10 VM with full access to edit as you see fit, being run from a datacenter.

I could see it being a problem with the software used to find boxers.

That being said, I realize this is a classic experience so I might have to get the Intel Pentium III 500 MHz out and enjoy it in it's glory.

loramin
05-09-2019, 04:32 PM
No clue, but you could try installing a virtual machine on your own computer and seeing if you can run EQ on it.

My guess is you can, but the performance will suck, and then running it remotely will suck even more. I would imagine it would only be good for the EC tunnel or waiting in lines or that sort of thing.

dajudge
05-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Yeah I originally come from that same line of thinking that it would be crappy. However it appears that this company is using game hardware (1080's, 12GB RAM, 1 Gig down, 100MB upload).

My buddy is currently using it for brand new RTS games and FPS games running 4k @144hz and says it's great. I just didn't know if anyone else has tried it yet... I may give it a shot and report back to this thread.