PDA

View Full Version : Green on the mind

Vokhine
04-28-2019, 12:06 AM
Anyone else recently make an alt and then read the front page and think... meh i'll wait for green...:o wut do

Swish2
04-28-2019, 12:14 AM
People who like to twink will carry on.

You wait til you're the 6th person replying to someone selling a minotaur axe for an upgrade, people aren't prepared.

Jauna
04-28-2019, 12:50 AM
After 9 years of p99, on and off and so on I dont think I have the heart to play on Green.

Its kinda like with SWGEmu years ago. I was having a gay ass old time in the world making whatever and whenever and accumulated enough resources to keep on going for whatever alt that tickled my dick. But then they wiped the server to apply a gigantic patch.

All my characters gone
All my blasters, rifles and melee weapons galore just gone.
I never could get back into SWGemu since then. Its been a long time too and that urge is just not there anymore.

I imagine Green also being that trigger, an end of an era. The population will get split either being a blessing or a curse depending on where your flag is. And while nothing will be wiped it still feels like the end.

Green is a mistake from my point of view.
In various discords there are people planning way way ahead, 1 bard, 5 leeches, zones to pick and what ever else. I know over in RnF I was kidding about a raid filled with level 20-30s for ass/sup with mage summoned weapons but its going to be a reality. I had a few alts in the pipe gathering misc belts and chips to PL to early teens and now I figure.. meh.

Swish2
04-28-2019, 12:57 AM
Avoid the first wave (or level casually), admit defeat on a guise/manastone and there's still potential for it to be good.

People spending a lot of time thinking about guises and manastones. Remember your guise is going to be stuck on a character with 2-3 x's (or some weird spelling) at the end of their name by the time the server rolls back into blue (or red) <3

Vokhine
04-28-2019, 01:06 AM
lmao green will be great fun i think we all just need to relax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9LzMHEhO4

Jerri
04-28-2019, 06:43 AM
With all the poop socking that will go on over on green, I think I'll stay on blue.

White_knight
04-28-2019, 06:56 AM
Yah I will stay on blue too - sorry: see sig, I don't want to make more toons. I'm too old for starting over and over.

jolanar
04-28-2019, 07:30 AM
I think I'm just too casual to compete with the inevitable tidal wave of poopsockers. Unless they extend the time that guises drop or something I just don't see a point in playing green.

Octopath
04-28-2019, 08:02 AM
Avoid the first wave (or level casually), admit defeat on a guise/manastone and there's still potential for it to be good.

People spending a lot of time thinking about guises and manastones. Remember your guise is going to be stuck on a character with 2-3 x's (or some weird spelling) at the end of their name by the time the server rolls back into blue (or red) <3

Pretty much my thoughts. However, if I admit defeat on a guise, I have no reason to go green.

Mewse
04-28-2019, 08:14 AM
I'm surprised so many people seem a bit down on green, I can't wait to start over. I never got to experience launch on Live, or here on P99, so I'm excited to embrace the chaos. Plus, it'll be cool to see a lot of loot have meaning again. A lot of zones and a lot of drops just get ignored on blue.

White_knight
04-28-2019, 08:35 AM
I'm surprised so many people seem a bit down on green, I can't wait to start over. I never got to experience launch on Live, or here on P99, so I'm excited to embrace the chaos. Plus, it'll be cool to see a lot of loot have meaning again. A lot of zones and a lot of drops just get ignored on blue.

I would be a bit more excited if I had more time to play EQ again - it's just that the concentrated level of neckbeards on p99 mean that Green will just be Blue2.0 within a month in terms endgame.

Mewse
04-28-2019, 09:10 AM
That makes sense from that perspective. For me, I'm just here to hang my hat until Pantheon launches. Green will be an awesome way to relive my actual nostalgia before everyone had fungi tunics and haste items at level 1.

If I got to participate in a naggy or vox kill in-era, that would be amazing. But my goal is just to experience the game in a similar way to how I experienced it way back when, and hopefully make some friends to move over to Pantheon with on the way.

fzzzt
04-28-2019, 09:28 AM
I would be a bit more excited if I had more time to play EQ again - it's just that the concentrated level of neckbeards on p99 mean that Green will just be Blue2.0 within a month in terms endgame.

Kanuvan
04-28-2019, 09:31 AM
there wont be 5 fungi's and 15 haste items per account on green in 1 month, sorry but no, green > blue

slowpoke68
04-28-2019, 09:33 AM
I guess it depends on what you enjoy in playing these types of games. I have a friend who is gear-centric and that is his motivation. On the other hand I enjoy the leveling experience and enjoy the struggle to acquire things. For me it is the getting not the having I suppose. I will destroy loot in games to start over or delete high level toons, which just horifies him lol.

I'm really excited to play on a server where rusty weapons and leather will the the norm at first and to be in a group where bad pulls can mean wipes because every one isn't wearing level 50 gear or we have an out of the group toon giving us high level buffs.

To each their own, we all have our own outlooks formed by our personalities. I'm sure a happy balance will be struck between blue and green.

Octopath
04-28-2019, 09:58 AM
there wont be 5 fungi's and 15 haste items per account on green in 1 month, sorry but no, green > blue

Fake news... I was in crushbone this past week and of the 3 groups I joined, there wasn’t one person twinked with more than a venomous axe and some crusty armor. This idea that everyone has infinite plat on blue is a lie.

Mewse
04-28-2019, 10:25 AM
Fake news... I was in crushbone this past week and of the 3 groups I joined, there wasn’t one person twinked with more than a venomous axe and some crusty armor. This idea that everyone has infinite plat on blue is a lie.

Not trying to be mean, but the only people grouping in Crushbone are the people that aren't already twinked. You're not going to see many of the super plats running around in there because it's not worth their time. They're all busy bone chipping and bandit sashing their way into the teens, where they'll then move to Kurn's until 20ish, go wherever it is they got after that, before re-emerging into the populace in Lower Guk, Highkeep, or beyond.

That's why I think Green is going to be so much fun. The first "twink" we see is going to be in full banded, swinging a Screaming Mace and a Dragoon Dirk.

Wallicker
04-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Polished granite tomahawk / dragoon dirk or any of the blackened alloy from runnyeye and a full set of banded will be the business!

fastboy21
04-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Anyone who thinks green is going to be an opportunity to level the playing field has no idea what they are talking about.

You know what leveled the playing field for EQ more than anything has ever before? TIME. Being in vanilla, kunark and velious for multiple years (i.e. P99 Blue) gave folks of all play levels the chance to catch up. Don't have lots of time to play? Don't have lots of time to raid? Need to take six years to get a char to lvl 60? Not a problem on Blue...you can still make it till the end game of your choice at your own pace.

Green won't be like that. There will be much more anxiety as folks scramble to win races knowing that the next expansion is coming. Green will be as bad and WORSE in terms of competition than blue ever was.

Add into that the amount of people that will be here now. When blue was in mid-vanilla there were only a few hundred of us on at peak time. We needed to have a global chat channel because the population was too low to support the game. AND, even with that low population, competition for some camps was fierce. Get ready boys. This isn't even footing, the hardcores are already planning their schedules to be on 24/7 in October. And there are many of them.

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm excited for Green. The reason, however, is that I actually love playing EQ. Playng fresh is more fun than playing on old server. Making new friends...joining new guilds...its going to be fun in a way that Blue just isn't for me anymore...but don't think its going to be "even footing"...the EQ pain gonna be real on green for folks who don't know how to deal with it.

Vexenu
04-28-2019, 11:27 AM
They really should take advantage of the massive pent-up demand for a new server by launching with some sort of PvP ruleset. Teams would be amazing, or even if they just had some sort of level 50+ PvP enabled to allow guilds to dispute raid issues through direct combat (the fact that so many people describe the current raid scene as "competition" is hilarious to me, it would be like people describing the idiotic behavior of camping out overnight on the street outside of stores before Black Friday as "competitive shopping").

A lot of people are hesitant to try PvP but would grudgingly do so if it meant they got to start on a fresh server. And they would find it's not so bad, and actually adds a huge amount of additional flavor to EQ, in addition to naturally alleviating a lot of the bullsh*t that occurs with a bottleneck of high-end content.

Coridan
04-28-2019, 12:01 PM
People flocking to Karana so they can get their Langseax of the Wolves. Looking forward to it

Elysium
04-28-2019, 12:10 PM
any casual who thinks Green is not for them has things backwards as hell. who cares about guise/manastones? Seriously it doesn't matter

Running around zones that are full of other struggling players trying to carve out some xp here and there? that's what classic eq is about and should be a casual's dream

fastboy21
04-28-2019, 12:23 PM
any casual who thinks Green is not for them has things backwards as hell. who cares about guise/manastones? Seriously it doesn't matter

Running around zones that are full of other struggling players trying to carve out some xp here and there? that's what classic eq is about and should be a casual's dream

Exactly correct. If this is why you play EQ then Green will be awesome.

If you are looking forward to Green because you think you're finally going to be able to farm your manastones you had better have your big boy pants on, because competition is going to be hard to impossible.

The big difference is that casuals on blue actually also got to max lvl and got their epics and even high end gear due to the extended time...which is appealing to most of the casuals I know.

Faxi
04-28-2019, 12:25 PM
Anyone else recently make an alt and then read the front page and think... meh i'll wait for green...:o wut do

Ya, quitting as well until Green and then ill play fulltime until it merges with Blue, then permanently quit. it's just not fun for me to get excited for a dungeon crawl and find the 30 shaman has a Vindi BP, the monk has a Fungi, the cleric is epic. mindless faceroll ensues and i feel like im playing Warcraft.

Pantheon should be out by then anyways. thanks for releasing Green, cant wait!!

Psionide
04-28-2019, 01:59 PM
The twinking exaggeration is off the charts. These people would have you think every single lowbie is running around with best in slot gear. Also, if you think people on Green are going to be low level and low geared for long you are in for a surprise. There are going to major power gaming going on. Classic is so mind numbingly easy. Going to be just like blue after a month with 1-2 guilds locking everything down and major farming going on.

Elysium
04-28-2019, 02:58 PM
The twinking exaggeration is off the charts. These people would have you think every single lowbie is running around with best in slot gear. Also, if you think people on Green are going to be low level and low geared for long you are in for a surprise. There are going to major power gaming going on. Classic is so mind numbingly easy. Going to be just like blue after a month with 1-2 guilds locking everything down and major farming going on.

you're making a far greater exaggeration by implying a one month old server will look remotely the same as a 10 year old server.

Green is gonna feel fresh probably even as it merges with blue compared to the inflated mess people have been used to for the past 5 years

Axlrose
04-28-2019, 03:30 PM
I would not be surprised if the first level 50 character arrives within a week of the green server opening. Unless the developers here mix up the zone experience modifiers, hardcore players will know which zones to camp and which zones to avoid. Once pesky real life aspects like sleep finally succumb a player, the account will transfer to the next guild member to continue camping and grinding.

While I hope people will succeed in their hopes and dreams, realistically the thoughts of people thinking, "I can finally get <this item>!" will be in for a rude awakening since again, those that will monopolize will not give up the camp except to their own.

And until Rogean and company state the (eventual) transfer rules to the blue server, as I believe Rygar mentioned in another thread, while magic users get to keep their spell books "as is", characters might get transferred to the blue server without coinage nor equipment.

Again, good luck to those heading to the green server for their destiny.

mgb65202
04-28-2019, 03:43 PM
Which newbie zones will be me most open? The Erudite area? Warrens is hot, but most people like me don't want to be an Erudite. Same for gnomes, I dont like ugly little gnomes. I would imagine Befallen will be jampacked.
Maybe the Qeynos area will be best for finding mobs? Blackburrow will probably be packed too.
Which class can level the fastest in a saturated low level environment like this?

Keza
04-28-2019, 03:45 PM
After 9 years of p99, on and off and so on I dont think I have the heart to play on Green.

Its kinda like with SWGEmu years ago. I was having a gay ass old time in the world making whatever and whenever and accumulated enough resources to keep on going for whatever alt that tickled my dick. But then they wiped the server to apply a gigantic patch.

All my characters gone
All my blasters, rifles and melee weapons galore just gone.
I never could get back into SWGemu since then. Its been a long time too and that urge is just not there anymore.

I imagine Green also being that trigger, an end of an era. The population will get split either being a blessing or a curse depending on where your flag is. And while nothing will be wiped it still feels like the end.

Green is a mistake from my point of view.
In various discords there are people planning way way ahead, 1 bard, 5 leeches, zones to pick and what ever else. I know over in RnF I was kidding about a raid filled with level 20-30s for ass/sup with mage summoned weapons but its going to be a reality. I had a few alts in the pipe gathering misc belts and chips to PL to early teens and now I figure.. meh.

Green was always the endgame(spoilers) of p99. You're talking like someone who plays on a test/beta without realizing it's going to get wiped and then gets angry when they lose their progression. You're also talking about how it's fun to trivialize everything with twinking/PLing but not fun to play on a fresh server where you can actually die. The very fact that you're despairing over not being able to cheat the game by PLing your own alts with bonechip quests is evidence that you're already tired of EQ. You're talking like someone who overfed on nostalgia and was bored before they even realized it, but then blamed that boredom on a server wipe.

You're also talking like someone who isn't going to do something because they are afraid of other people ruining it for them before they even give it a chance. In the words of a certain idiot I know, "I ain't all about dat FPS life anymore dawg. People even cheat in tournaments." Imagine for a second being so dumb that you never play a shooter anymore because someone somewhere used an aimbot/wallhack at one point. That's what it's like to not try green (which is free) because you think other people are going to ruin it.

Maybe consider what green represents. Zones no one went to filled with people. No twinks. No PLs. A fresh economy. Groups at all levels. No teleports. Binds won't even be easy to get for a while. No class preference for groups (except in super extreme nerdlord cases). Druids and wizards being useful (since everyone won't have OT hammers).

Or instead you could complain about how you may as well kill yourself because you may never get a guise so everyone should spend their entire life farming ToV. Btw I gave away a guise using /ooc in Toxxulia during the Kunark launch event even though I didn't have one on any of my characters. Guess what no one cares, no one knows it happened and it didn't impact my life at all. Hell whoever looted it was probably a level 2 erudite that quit the game a month later. Being a dark elf druid isn't what EQ is about.

Mewse
04-28-2019, 05:35 PM
And until Rogean and company state the (eventual) transfer rules to the blue server, as I believe Rygar mentioned in another thread, while magic users get to keep their spell books "as is", characters might get transferred to the blue server without coinage nor equipment.

He was using the Test server as an example, which is a poor one, since it was exactly that - a test server. The only way his example works is if Blue were to merge into Green, and not the other way around, since Blue is the test server of P99.

But even if we took his example and applied it, what would be the point? Blue is already over-saturated with gear and platinum to the point of absurdity on a (then) 13 year old server. What's a few more manastones and NO DROP illusion masks? It would make absolutely no sense to wipe the characters of everything they earned in 3 years on Green, except for spells, just to merge them into a server that's had all that stuff for over a decade.

I feel pretty confident in saying there's absolutely zero chance that happens. We don't even know for sure if the characters will be merged onto Blue, much less that they'd wipe peoples characters.

loramin
04-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Which newbie zones will be me most open? The Erudite area? Warrens is hot, but most people like me don't want to be an Erudite. Same for gnomes, I dont like ugly little gnomes. I would imagine Befallen will be jampacked.
Maybe the Qeynos area will be best for finding mobs? Blackburrow will probably be packed too.
Which class can level the fastest in a saturated low level environment like this?

The Warrens won't be released until later. I predict Erudites will migrate North for the winter Blackburrow, just as they did in classic.

Coridan
04-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Feerrott is actually an amazing newbie zone if it's crowded. All the dangerous shit is separated by the river and there's a bunch of great camps similar to the orc camps in EC. Just far away from everyone but Ogres and Trolls

mgb65202
04-28-2019, 06:37 PM
Feerrott is actually an amazing newbie zone if it's crowded. All the dangerous shit is separated by the river and there's a bunch of great camps similar to the orc camps in EC. Just far away from everyone but Ogres and Trolls

I was leaning ogre shaman anyway, so it wont take much encouragement for to do that.
There will probably be a wait list to get into Guk, I am sure though.

DromalPhrenia
04-28-2019, 08:53 PM
how many deaths will be caused by fatties blocking hallways in guk?

walfreyydo
04-29-2019, 11:21 AM
They really should take advantage of the massive pent-up demand for a new server by launching with some sort of PvP ruleset. Teams would be amazing, or even if they just had some sort of level 50+ PvP enabled to allow guilds to dispute raid issues through direct combat (the fact that so many people describe the current raid scene as "competition" is hilarious to me, it would be like people describing the idiotic behavior of camping out overnight on the street outside of stores before Black Friday as "competitive shopping").

A lot of people are hesitant to try PvP but would grudgingly do so if it meant they got to start on a fresh server. And they would find it's not so bad, and actually adds a huge amount of additional flavor to EQ, in addition to naturally alleviating a lot of the bullsh*t that occurs with a bottleneck of high-end content.

I would love a racial PvP server (I played on Tallon Zek Kunark to PoP) but but with some balance changes from classic, imo.

There would also need to be a mechanism to stop cross-racial (especially light + dark races) guilds from dominating the server (see: Pandemonium guild from Tallon Zek). The gear and progression that was opened up for those guilds made it very difficult to have balanced guild vs guild PvP as one guild just entirely dominated the rest because they were not following racial pvp rules and could progress faster through raid content than the other guilds. Another problem in classic was that PvP was not well balanced (casters, druids especially, dominated). Although I havent played on Red to know to what degree PvP has been balanced. Maybe these issues have been and will be addressed?

However, by far the best thing about Tallon Zek was the dynamic that PvP brought to end-game raiding. By far one of the best aspects of racial PvP servers was having to actually fight another guild for the ability to kill a raid mob). And even at the micro level, to fight another player over a camp or for the ability to level in a dungeon (you had many evil and non=evil leveling areas). I was in an Iksar only guild (Ancient Blood) which did weekly PvP raids into LoIO, which was an absolute blast and led to some extremely fun battles. It really broke the monotony of the xp grind and brings a whole new dynamic to the game.

If green were made racial PvP with better/additional balance than classic, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Yian
04-29-2019, 11:22 AM
All these negative Nancies out here "waaahhh green won't be what you think it is, it will be what i think it is whaaaaaaaa". Is anyone else excited to hunt in Runneyeye rolling deep with a gang of halflings in cloth armor and rusty weapons?

Jimjam
04-29-2019, 11:54 AM
All these negative Nancies out here "waaahhh green won't be what you think it is, it will be what i think it is whaaaaaaaa". Is anyone else excited to hunt in Runneyeye rolling deep with a gang of halflings in cloth armor and rusty weapons?

I did that once as a young halfling. An experienced, but unequipped, veteran Leatherfoot Raider gathered a group of us young halflings. He stank of jum, but promised riches. Runnyeye Citadel.

We battled down through goblins, close to the king's throneroom. The veteran halfling was unerringly familiar with the dungeon as if he had made the trip many times before.

Suddenly we were ambushed by a group of elite goblins. I hid but the other young ones bravely fought and died. The naked veteran stinking of jum looked at the barrel behind which I as hiding and gave a wry grin before disappearing in a blue explosion which I now know indicates a resurrection.

The only evidence of the haggard old dog's sortie into runnyeye was graffiti left on the wall alongside the corpses of the youngsters. It read "Filbus was here".

eqgmrdbz
04-29-2019, 12:35 PM
You are correct, but like the guy posted earlier those that want to just play fresh EQ are going to have fun.

Yasi
04-29-2019, 12:42 PM
People need to stop considering playing EQ a competition these days.
1) The only competition there is, is how much time you're willing to spend and nothing else. You don't amass riches and kill dragons because you're making science out of EQ and improving your skills. You do because you spend time.
2) Unless you're willing to quit real life, you will lose the time competition, because there are people around that did quit real life.

Thus, don't even join the competition. Just enjoy the game. Enjoy the orc camp groups, the crocodile quality time in Oasis. Cherrish the South Karana spire gnolls or the beauty of kiting that damn treant around the druid ring.

You'll have the best of your times by just not playing their game, but having fun.

7thGate
04-29-2019, 12:48 PM
Polished granite tomahawk / dragoon dirk or any of the blackened alloy from runnyeye and a full set of banded will be the business!

No blackened alloy until Runneye gets revamped. Really, lack of IBC, Blackened Alloy and racial armor blacksmithing are probably going to be the biggest changes between leveling up in ALS and leveling up on Green in the beginning.

Polished granite tomahawk/dragoon dirk is a solid combo though. Very classic. I myself used dragoon dirk/gladius as my weapons until the high 20's, and I'm looking forward to that feeling of finding gear like that again.

Brutechopper also a solid choice, will be amusing to see people do Lynuga for her common drop; a ~130 plat magic 0.32 ratio 2 hander is solid in classic for early leveling.

maskedmelon
04-29-2019, 12:57 PM
I did that once as a young halfling. An experienced, but unequipped, veteran Leatherfoot Raider gathered a group of us young halflings. He stank of jum, but promised riches. Runnyeye Citadel.

We battled down through goblins, close to the king's throneroom. The veteran halfling was unerringly familiar with the dungeon as if he had made the trip many times before.

Suddenly we were ambushed by a group of elite goblins. I hid but the other young ones bravely fought and died. The naked veteran stinking of jum looked at the barrel behind which I as hiding and gave a wry grin before disappearing in a blue explosion which I now know indicates a resurrection.

The only evidence of the haggard old dog's sortie into runnyeye was graffiti left on the wall alongside the corpses of the youngsters. It read "Filbus was here".

might consider playing for this.

1asdfasdf1
04-29-2019, 02:16 PM
Is it confirmed Green will roll back into Blue population after some time?

Jimjam
04-29-2019, 02:30 PM
might consider playing for this.

Apologies for lack of smut or wordplay, I usually like to include some if I think you're likely to read the post :).

Squabbles123
04-29-2019, 02:35 PM
I'm gonna roll on green, simply because I joined blue pretty darn late and I'd like to play the game at the "launch" level again with so many people grouping that'll it would be hard to go solo.

I just wish I didn't have to wait till October.

Coridan
04-29-2019, 02:43 PM
No blackened alloy until Runneye gets revamped. Really, lack of IBC, Blackened Alloy and racial armor blacksmithing are probably going to be the biggest changes between leveling up in ALS and leveling up on Green in the beginning.

Polished granite tomahawk/dragoon dirk is a solid combo though. Very classic. I myself used dragoon dirk/gladius as my weapons until the high 20's, and I'm looking forward to that feeling of finding gear like that again.

Brutechopper also a solid choice, will be amusing to see people do Lynuga for her common drop; a ~130 plat magic 0.32 ratio 2 hander is solid in classic for early leveling.

There was Blackened Iron in Rnlunnyeye before the revamp, I think it was just slightly heavier than banded?

I myself am gonna be rocking a Tentacle whip until I can get an Obsidian Flamberge or something

7thGate
04-29-2019, 03:24 PM
There was Blackened Iron in Rnlunnyeye before the revamp, I think it was just slightly heavier than banded?

I myself am gonna be rocking a Tentacle whip until I can get an Obsidian Flamberge or something

Yeah, I think I've seen the stats on that. Solid classic gear, but nothing out of whack with the rest of the classic items like the blackened alloy bastard sword would have been. I think the blackened iron bastard sword was a 20/47? Blackened alloy is basically Razing Sword of Skarlon available off a high 20's mob, it is a stand out item in the ALS economy by being available in someone's mid 20's and better than basically any other 2 hander until the high 40's.

waffel
04-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Anyone have a quick list of the changes from blue currently to a fresh green? I know there will be a lot, but I'm curious of the big ones since I only stated EQ after Kunark.

I heard about exp penalties, but what are other big ones?

Madbad
04-29-2019, 03:32 PM
I'll be running a druid methinks

harpeyes
05-02-2019, 01:25 AM

Im very casual, and the economy on Blue makes it meh for me - I have maybe 10k plat (in items) across a dozen characters

Recently started on Daybreak Mangler server to see what it was like, and it was glorious - just like the old days. That said, the QOL improvements really are nice, and Ill miss them on P99 Green (no weight coins, no corpse recovery being the two biggest)

Anyway, I am looking forward to my first cracked staff, my first pile of bone chips to try and sell, my first few CB belts to hand in myself as I need the armor and nobody can afford to buy for twinks

Kanuvan
05-02-2019, 04:24 AM

i grouped with those guys and their guildies were not online to transfer fungi's over to them, later on i saw them all with fungi's and oen of them had a dragon sash, im afraid its true that blue is just a saturated mess and is no place for a new player or casual

Quinas
05-02-2019, 05:06 AM
Will probably play both to some extent.

Agree that the competition stuff is kind of stupid, and have never competed on Blue.

But I also think Green won't just be about a competition for guises and manastones, everything will be contested. Things that people don't give a rat's ass about on Blue anymore, where essentially the only competitive stuff is at the very top end.

The idea of running around with a bunch of fellow newbies ekeing out an untwinked existence singing kum-bay-yah is alluring, but it's unrealistic. People are gonna screw other people over on things that Blue players stopped caring about 8 years ago. People are going to monopolise the good xp camps.

It's fine to hype, and I see some people being called downers, but Green won't be all sunshine and unicorns. If you accept that and still have fun, cool. But it's ridiculous to be all like "you guys are just bitter naysayers!! Green will be everything!". It's just the truth. Gotta be prepared for that.

Jimjam
05-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Will probably play both to some extent.

Agree that the competition stuff is kind of stupid, and have never competed on Blue.

But I also think Green won't just be about a competition for guises and manastones, everything will be contested. Things that people don't give a rat's ass about on Blue anymore, where essentially the only competitive stuff is at the very top end.

The idea of running around with a bunch of fellow newbies ekeing out an untwinked existence singing kum-bay-yah is alluring, but it's unrealistic. People are gonna screw other people over on things that Blue players stopped caring about 8 years ago. People are going to monopolise the good xp camps.

It's fine to hype, and I see some people being called downers, but Green won't be all sunshine and unicorns. If you accept that and still have fun, cool. But it's ridiculous to be all like "you guys are just bitter naysayers!! Green will be everything!". It's just the truth. Gotta be prepared for that.
This post makes me excited for a vanilla PVP server. Maybe teams. Just a bunch of lowbies fighting over orcs or dervs. That's fun!

A group of 55s breaking into hate looking to loot trash armour getting ganked by multiple 60s in velious BiS: not fun.

zarza
05-02-2019, 07:23 AM
p99 blue forever

Nune
05-02-2019, 10:55 AM
o wow fresh server