PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Solo Lucan

Barlu
04-19-2019, 08:20 AM
Never done Sir Lucan on live or P99 and wanted to give him a shot for my Pally’s epic.

What is the best strategy for an enchanter to solo him and to keep the room clear? Given the fast spawn of Jentry and him being level 40 I was thinking of just using Zumaik’s so it was easy and required very little attention on the PHs since I’ll have to clear them for a few hours.. Is this a viable strategy for killing Lucan? I don’t know how resistant he is (wiki suggests the live version has pretty high MR) but if both versions can be rooted and slowed I’d imagine keeping Jentry mezzed and hitting him with ToT would mean I’d have enough mana to keep Luncan slowed and an Animation up.

If charming is the best option for killing Lucan is there a pet that most people use? I know there is another guard in the room but wasn’t sure if he is high enough level to kill both versions.

Thanks,
Barlu

Crede
04-19-2019, 09:46 AM
I’ve seen druids root rot Lucan. Should have no problem with Zumaik/tash/slow.

Phenyo
04-20-2019, 10:48 AM
Never done Sir Lucan on live or P99 and wanted to give him a shot for my Pally’s epic.

What is the best strategy for an enchanter to solo him and to keep the room clear? Given the fast spawn of Jentry and him being level 40 I was thinking of just using Zumaik’s so it was easy and required very little attention on the PHs since I’ll have to clear them for a few hours.. Is this a viable strategy for killing Lucan? I don’t know how resistant he is (wiki suggests the live version has pretty high MR) but if both versions can be rooted and slowed I’d imagine keeping Jentry mezzed and hitting him with ToT would mean I’d have enough mana to keep Luncan slowed and an Animation up.

If charming is the best option for killing Lucan is there a pet that most people use? I know there is another guard in the room but wasn’t sure if he is high enough level to kill both versions.

Thanks,
Barlu

Ive seen people use animation to keep jentry and the guard down fine but most of us will just keep the merchant called Krystin Charcoal next to NFP zl. Just stagger out the pops when you know lucan is due and use kryst. Boon feedback torch deadwood stave or something similar. He's slowable and his second form is weaker.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Krystin_Charcoal

Pringles
04-23-2019, 07:09 AM
Easiest way I ever learned was to charm Lucan himself. Once you've dispatched Jentry you can throw Lucan into a mob of merchants and break charm at low hp. Nuke after locking down the merchant swarm and then breaking charm. Repeat for undead pop sans Jentry running at you every couple minutes. This was at 60 and while it sometimes took awhile it was fairly safe. I think the few times I camped in that room I charmed Jentry to keep down the guardsman in there.