PDA

View Full Version : Getting your own Goblin Gazughi Ring

Isey
04-18-2019, 09:18 AM
As a new, level 30 Enchanter character on p1999 I really wanted this ring, but obvi do not have 5k-6k plat lying around.

So I decided to grind one out myself. There is a great guide on it but not much "guidance" on real world, current play status on it. So here goes.

I spent 3 days there just playing. At level 30, I can handle a single spawn point for a Courier no problem. There are adds and I do get jumped but at level 30 its more an annoyance. After three days I *wished* I had tracked number of spawns, time, etc. So on day 4 I started doing that.

First off, I was always - always able to get a spawn point. Not once did I have to wait in line for one or anything like that.

Here are my day 4 numbers.

24 kills, 1 SC, 26:37 time
29 kills, 1 SC, 35:39 time
3 kills, 1 SC, 2:15 time
4 kills, 1 SC, 3:35 time
37 kills, 1 SC, 42:26 time
61 kills, 1 SC, 40:48 time (was duoing with a friend)
43 kills, 1 SC, 41:20 time
17 kills, 1 SC 18:40 time
25 kills, 1 SC 29:05 time
23 kills, 1 SC 23:49 time (RING DROP!)

So on day 4/5, totals were:

10/266 (one SC for every 26 spawn point kills average)
4.5 hours

The other days were similar, for so for me was an 18 hour time spent. I know many people are far more lucky, but it was my grind, and I owned it. :)

Good luck!

mumpz
04-18-2019, 10:34 AM
Bravo to you for getting your own ring! Get out there and charm. With that thing you can rip up sol a right now for massive XPs.

loramin
04-18-2019, 11:10 AM
Congratulations on earning a really key class item for yourself!

Beckoning
04-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Congratulations and thanks for the numbers!

Boarder981
04-23-2019, 08:04 AM
Great info. Two questions:

1. Can you please link the guide you referenced in the original post?
2. Were you sitting at a single spawn point while camping it?

Thanks!

waffel
05-07-2019, 11:07 PM
Doing this currently.

Two days in, total time is about 10 hours. All at duel spawn. 46 SC kills. 2 of those were random roamers. 1 got instantly tagged by a soothsayer and corpse proofed.
No ring yet. Really burning me out. 10 hours of killing two mobs every 30 seconds.

unleashedd
05-08-2019, 01:52 AM
do you round up the PHs before you start camping SC, or is that not necessary?

DMN
05-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Grats it's always awesome to be able to pluck your own items off the corpses of your foes instead of tunneling them. Getting a FBSS back in the day if you were a melee or a manastone if you were a cleric/druid were some of the most memorable experiences for people.

waffel
05-08-2019, 09:07 AM
do you round up the PHs before you start camping SC, or is that not necessary?

Nah, I'm on a 47 Necro (Was 48, but was randomly killed and deleved by an epic DE named Deep that I guess spawned with an epic quest? No idea, she ran up and instantly killed me while I was killing PHs)

When I show up to the camp I kill mobs with the PH names in the area and keep looking at the spawn points to see if I killed the correct one. Sooner or later I do and then do the camp.

Jimjam
05-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Doing this currently.

Two days in, total time is about 10 hours. All at duel spawn. 46 SC kills. 2 of those were random roamers. 1 got instantly tagged by a soothsayer and corpse proofed.
No ring yet. Really burning me out. 10 hours of killing two mobs every 30 seconds.

Statistically speaking you might be about half way there in terms of expected number of kills... of course, that's a flawed way to look at it; all the kills that failed to produce a ggr don't really count towards anything.

Isey
05-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Great info. Two questions:

1. Can you please link the guide you referenced in the original post?
2. Were you sitting at a single spawn point while camping it?

Thanks!

Sorry - thought I had responded here.

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_sarnak_courier

I sat on the single spawn. It was manageable for me and rarely contested. I think you could even XP here if you came at the right level, while camping (planning on trying it to get a second for the money with an alt).

waffel
05-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Honestly the worst part about it is that you have to be active the entire time. Its not like you're killing a mob with a 4-6-16 minutes respawn so you have downtime, or if you miss a kill you can just come back and continue. If you lapse for even 1 minute with the duo spawn you have to track down PHs in the field and restart.

It is absolutely brutal.

Edit: then you start going crazy... maybe he'll spawn more if I loot all the corpses. maybe I only need to loot the courier corpse. maybe it will never drop. maybe that guy over there doing the single spawn has better luck. I wonder if a GM is watching and laughing.

Isey
05-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Honestly the worst part about it is that you have to be active the entire time. Its not like you're killing a mob with a 4-6-16 minutes respawn so you have downtime, or if you miss a kill you can just come back and continue. If you lapse for even 1 minute with the duo spawn you have to track down PHs in the field and restart.

It is absolutely brutal.

Edit: then you start going crazy... maybe he'll spawn more if I loot all the corpses. maybe I only need to loot the courier corpse. maybe it will never drop. maybe that guy over there doing the single spawn has better luck. I wonder if a GM is watching and laughing.

If you sit north at 6:00pm the next spawn will be a Courier. As long as you are naked. And talking out loud to yourself.

True story...

(this is why the single spawn is easier. Especially if you are a necro, just camp your pet there. of course you can't go AFK or anything, but you can work on sitting north, Naked, and talking out loud to yourself)

waffel
05-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Well, I got my ring finally!

4 days of farming, probably 15-16 hours mostly on the duo spawn.
Total Courier kills: 76

loramin
05-09-2019, 02:40 PM
Well, I got my ring finally!

4 days of farming, probably 15-16 hours mostly on the duo spawn.
Total Courier kills: 76

Congrats :) You will likely appreciate that ring so much more than the next guy who just bought it in the tunnel.