PDA

View Full Version : Failed Thurgadin MQ help

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 01:30 PM
I'm not really sure where to post this.

I was doing a thurgadin armor MQ for my druid, gearing him up with what little I had over the last few days. I'd gotten four of my pieces already, and while MQ'ing was new to me, I was pretty familiar with it by now. I know I turned into the right NPC, and I know it was the right gems, but I didn't receive anything after. It was the leather legs, and that 12k felt like 12 million to me. I had to sell my CoS, the only thing I've ever had of value above 5k, with just the hope of finding someone who could MQ the legs and bp with that budget.

I feel really numb and just don't know what to do. I don't think the monk that turned in his legs made a mistake, and now I'm worried whoever tries to do a turn-in/MQ next might get screwed up because of my gems.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do at this point?

azeth
04-17-2019, 01:36 PM
I'm not really sure where to post this.

I was doing a thurgadin armor MQ for my druid, gearing him up with what little I had over the last few days. I'd gotten four of my pieces already, and while MQ'ing was new to me, I was pretty familiar with it by now. I know I turned into the right NPC, and I know it was the right gems, but I didn't receive anything after. It was the leather legs, and that 12k felt like 12 million to me. I had to sell my CoS, the only thing I've ever had of value above 5k, with just the hope of finding someone who could MQ the legs and bp with that budget.

I feel really numb and just don't know what to do. I don't think the monk that turned in his legs made a mistake, and now I'm worried whoever tries to do a turn-in/MQ next might get screwed up because of my gems.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do at this point?

What happened is someone has turned in quest items to that NPC, but not all of them so the NPC didn't reward them. Perhaps intentional (to screw people like you for troll lols) or by mistake.

Unfortunately you have zero recourse, the staff will never assist with failed MQs. Also yes, everyone going forward until the NPC dies or a server reset is now unable to use that NPC for the quests.

bigjeff100
04-17-2019, 01:38 PM
It's possible somebody turned in only a portion of this quest before you. Which would then screw up your own MQ.. You can try to petition it, but as far as i know, staff does not get involved with MQ's..

Also- MOST folks selling MQ's ask for payments AFTER the successful MQ. Meaning- a failed MQ would not be at your expense but at the sellers. Sounds like your seller did not offer you that option? That's unfortunate. Maybe you could ask the seller to refund half the price?

elwing
04-17-2019, 01:46 PM
If someone had turned items,then the guy selling the mq would have received the reward...
Possibilities include:
* one of you did not have the needed faction... You both need to have the correct faction...
* you made an error with the gems (gave them stacked? Are you sure it was the correct ones? You gave 3?)
* the guy screwed you... (some npc talk for each item turn in, not sure if that one does, but did it said sonething after the guy claimed he had turned in? If yes it would rule out a scam...)

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 01:50 PM
What happened is someone has turned in quest items to that NPC, but not all of them so the NPC didn't reward them. Perhaps intentional (to screw people like you for troll lols) or by mistake.

Unfortunately you have zero recourse, the staff will never assist with failed MQs. Also yes, everyone going forward until the NPC dies or a server reset is now unable to use that NPC for the quests.

Is that something that genuinely happens? That someone would try to troll a turn-in NPC? Who would do something like that? I really hope it was some kind of mistake, because the idea that someone would do it on purpose is unsettling.

So CSR won't help at all? Not even to reset the NPC so it doesn't happen to someone else? Cobi Frostbeard is the NPC, if anyone is wondering so you know to stay away.

It's possible somebody turned in only a portion of this quest before you. Which would then screw up your own MQ.. You can try to petition it, but as far as i know, staff does not get involved with MQ's..

Also- MOST folks selling MQ's ask for payments AFTER the successful MQ. Meaning- a failed MQ would not be at your expense but at the sellers. Sounds like your seller did not offer you that option? That's unfortunate. Maybe you could ask the seller to refund half the price?

I've just been paying in full at the bank before the turn-ins. I had no idea that it was common practice to wait until after, I just assumed this was how it was done. But when the turn-in failed, he didn't offer to re-imburse and I didn't ask. I knew a failed MQ could happen, but I always assumed it would have to be my fault. I didn't realize someone totally third-party could screw it up and I'd be left holding the bag, if that's what happened.

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 01:54 PM
If someone had turned items,then the guy selling the mq would have received the reward...
Possibilities include:
* one of you did not have the needed faction... You both need to have the correct faction...
* you made an error with the gems (gave them stacked? Are you sure it was the correct ones? You gave 3?)
* the guy screwed you... (some npc talk for each item turn in, not sure if that one does, but did it said sonething after the guy claimed he had turned in? If yes it would rule out a scam...)

I triple and quadruple checked my gems, and turned them in un-stacked like always. I'm super paranoid about turn-ins for just this reason, although this is the first time I've ever had one fail, MQ or otherwise.

I don't know about his faction, but mine is kindly - I've already got 4 pieces from the same NPC over the last day and the character in question is level 5, so I haven't killed anything that could screw it up.

At this point, I have no reason to assume the monk did anything wrong or wasn't factioned properly. He came from a good guild, and I just took him at his word.

Edit: I forgot to answer your last point, but no the NPC didn't have any dialogue that I could see. But he hasn't for any other turn-in I've done either, so I just assumed everything was fine like always.

mumpz
04-17-2019, 02:06 PM
I've had a failed MQ. It sucks, but it is the nature of using an exploit. There is some risk involved. GMs aren't going to help you. Basically it happens when someone before you did the quest wrong.

As far as faction, make sure that the MQer hails the turn in mob. This will allow you to verify his/her faction. If they do not get the correct reply, no dice. Most people don't get this part wrong though (at least on the selling side).

Whenever this happens, however, no payment transaction should occur, since the service requested was not supplied.

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 02:19 PM
I've had a failed MQ. It sucks, but it is the nature of using an exploit. There is some risk involved. GMs aren't going to help you. Basically it happens when someone before you did the quest wrong.

As far as faction, make sure that the MQer hails the turn in mob. This will allow you to verify his/her faction. If they do not get the correct reply, no dice. Most people don't get this part wrong though (at least on the selling side).

Whenever this happens, however, no payment transaction should occur, since the service requested was not supplied.

Yeah, I just spoke to a Guide and they informed me there's nothing they'll do. I was kind of surprised they won't even kill the NPC to reset him so it won't happen to another player, but it is what it is I guess.

I probably should have taken a screenshot, but I don't even remember the name of the monk at this point. All I remember is what guild he was in. I was so shocked and numb from seeing almost half my bank account disappear into nothing that everything else kind of faded away.

How did you get over the MQ failure? I feel so sick about it I don't even know if I want to play anymore.

azeth
04-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I just spoke to a Guide and they informed me there's nothing they'll do. I was kind of surprised they won't even kill the NPC to reset him so it won't happen to another player, but it is what it is I guess.

I probably should have taken a screenshot, but I don't even remember the name of the monk at this point. All I remember is what guild he was in. I was so shocked and numb from seeing almost half my bank account disappear into nothing that everything else kind of faded away.

How did you get over the MQ failure? I feel so sick about it I don't even know if I want to play anymore.

A month ago, a guy came on forums whining about accidentally handing a guard 50,000p (the entirety of his dial a port druid savings).

A week later he updated the thread saying "Shrug im over it"

Danth
04-17-2019, 02:32 PM
I don't know about his faction, but mine is kindly - I've already got 4 pieces from the same NPC over the last day and the character in question is level 5, so I haven't killed anything that could screw it up.

At this point, I have no reason to assume the monk did anything wrong or wasn't factioned properly. He came from a good guild, and I just took him at his word.

If some third party deliberately messed up the quest NPC, then when your monk associate handed in his piece he would have got the reward. You can decide whether or not you know him well enough to determine whether he would have told you if that happened, or let you blindly continue.

Other, probably more likely case is that the other person turning in the item lacked sufficient faction. When that happens, the NPC simply eats his item, and now that NPC has your gems on it and is going mess up the next turn-in should the next turn-in be an MQ attempt. A non-MQ, direct turn-in should still work in that the person doing will still receive his armor piece.

EDIT: Of course there's also the possibility of a straight-up scam where the other player never had the item in the first place (or, at least, never turned it in). That being said, thurg-armor scams are exceedingly rare since few people want to risk GM action over the relatively small gains to be made.

Absolutely all of the Thurgadin quest NPCs have associated dialogue.

Danth

mumpz
04-17-2019, 02:47 PM

I was on the purchasing end, so it wasn't a loss on my end.

When I get really frustrated by any game, i'll distance myself focus on something else for a bit, and if i really love the game, i usually come back.

bigjeff100
04-17-2019, 02:53 PM
The person selling the MQ should be responsible for all these checks.. faction, items.. All of it.. And you shouldn't pay the seller until you receive the item.. It's his risk to take, at the end of the day, all you shoulda lost was your gems..

Again- Maybe check with seller if he's willing to refund or at least refund half of the payment.. If you truly think you got scammed.. It's time to name and shame!!!!!!!

aaezil
04-17-2019, 02:58 PM
Is that something that genuinely happens? That someone would try to troll a turn-in NPC? Who would do something like that? I really hope it was some kind of mistake, because the idea that someone would do it on purpose is unsettling.

So CSR won't help at all? Not even to reset the NPC so it doesn't happen to someone else? Cobi Frostbeard is the NPC, if anyone is wondering so you know to stay away.

I've just been paying in full at the bank before the turn-ins. I had no idea that it was common practice to wait until after, I just assumed this was how it was done. But when the turn-in failed, he didn't offer to re-imburse and I didn't ask. I knew a failed MQ could happen, but I always assumed it would have to be my fault. I didn't realize someone totally third-party could screw it up and I'd be left holding the bag, if that's what happened.

Seller should assume the risk of something going wrong (i.e. you should get your plat back)

Killing the npc wont reset its inventory it needs to be a server reset.

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 03:07 PM
If some third party deliberately messed up the quest NPC, then when your monk associate handed in his piece he would have got the reward. You can decide whether or not you know him well enough to determine whether he would have told you if that happened, or let you blindly continue.

Other, probably more likely case is that the other person turning in the item lacked sufficient faction. When that happens, the NPC simply eats his item, and now that NPC has your gems on it and is going mess up the next turn-in should the next turn-in be an MQ attempt. A non-MQ, direct turn-in should still work in that the person doing will still receive his armor piece.

EDIT: Of course there's also the possibility of a straight-up scam where the other player never had the item in the first place (or, at least, never turned it in). That being said, thurg-armor scams are exceedingly rare since few people want to risk GM action over the relatively small gains to be made.

Absolutely all of the Thurgadin quest NPCs have associated dialogue.

Danth

I don't know him at all - but his guild, from my understanding, has a good reputation. I want to be very careful that I don't cast any aspersions his way without evidence, because it wouldn't be fair. As upset as I am about this whole thing, I don't know if he did anything wrong or if I was just incredibly unlucky.

I did ask the guide I spoke to if there was any way they could tell me what had happened, but they stopped responding, so I just let it go.

The person selling the MQ should be responsible for all these checks.. faction, items.. All of it.. And you shouldn't pay the seller until you receive the item.. It's his risk to take, at the end of the day, all you shoulda lost was your gems..

Again- Maybe check with seller if he's willing to refund or at least refund half of the payment.. If you truly think you got scammed.. It's time to name and shame!!!!!!!

I don't remember his name, but he was in Asgard. Seemed like a nice enough guy. Although I had no idea about the faction on his end being a problem as other people have pointed out, so if that's the case and he's not factioned up correctly, then I really hope he reaches out and tries to make this right.

Danth
04-17-2019, 03:39 PM
Course all the above assumes the mistake wasn't yours and you didn't do something like hand the NPC crushed onyx sapphire instead of chipped onyx sapphire, which have identical inventory graphics in addition to the similar names. If you did happen to do that, it's unlikely you'd even be able to tell, now.

Danth

Keza
04-17-2019, 03:41 PM

I did two MQs for the robe of the tomato or w/e using raster idols for my alt (first) and a friend's alt (second) both of which were eaten because it wasn't even coded yet. This was firstly pre-kunark and secondly post-kunark but before it was coded.. if it ever even was, I don't know.

It's painful but if you still enjoy the game then you'll still play it even if you get screwed. It's not like that's the first time EQ has screwed you and it likely won't be the last. That didn't result in me quitting p99, even though I eventually did. Now I'm playing the ffxi emu (since modern mmos are dogshit braindead single player games) and other games in general. If green ever happens I'll come back to p99.

Funnily enough druids are an unwanted class that no one cares about so making one your main is basically a total waste of time and spending your money gearing one out was a waste to begin with.

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 03:42 PM
Course all the above assumes the mistake wasn't yours and you didn't do something like hand the NPC crushed onyx sapphire instead of chipped onyx sapphire, which have identical inventory graphics in addition to the similar names. If you did happen to do that, it's unlikely you'd even be able to tell, now.

Danth

I can confirm it was the chipped, as I still have the crushed for the cap turn-in. Had that lined up for tomorrow, possibly day after. I even had them seperated in the inventory, and further seperated after a double check to an open slot in the non-bag inventory before turn-in.

As I said in another post, I'm absolutely paranoid about turn-ins and take all the possible precautions I can take, several times over, to ensure nothing terrible happens.

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 03:53 PM
Funnily enough druids are an unwanted class that no one cares about so making one your main is basically a total waste of time and spending your money gearing one out was a waste to begin with.

I really appreciated your post until this part. It wasn't helpful or constructive, and I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to add it in.

Druids are a lot of fun. I care about that far more than being the best min-max choice at end-game.

Lordgordon
04-17-2019, 03:54 PM
After someone receives the item from said npc, that npc will smile at you while he hands you your reward
Cobi has a fucked up grill you would've noticed his gangly ass teeth if the MQer got the lootz.

Danth
04-17-2019, 04:00 PM
At any rate, only way you'd have recourse is if there's evidence of a deliberate scam, and even then they'd just take action against the other guy, not refund your stuff. Hence /petitioning him might not be in your best interest even if you suspect a scam since you can't get a full or partial refund from a guy who's suspended. As noted earlier, though, a deliberate scam is unlikely. More likely is some snafu like insufficient faction or someone handing in the wrong item.

The public post is useful as a realtime warning that the thurgadin druid NPC is quite probably presently unsafe for druid leg slot Multiquest activities.

Danth

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 04:10 PM
At any rate, only way you'd have recourse is if there's evidence of a deliberate scam, and even then they'd just take action against the other guy, not refund your stuff. Hence /petitioning him might not be in your best interest even if you suspect a scam since you can't get a full or partial refund from a guy who's suspended. As noted earlier, though, a deliberate scam is unlikely. More likely is some snafu like insufficient faction or someone handing in the wrong item.

Danth

I don't know if I've ever petitioned anyone on here or on Live, so it's definitely not something I'm considering at this point. As I said before, I don't have any proof he did something wrong, and all I can do is assume he did everything correctly and I'm just very unlucky.

I wasn't aware before this that the seller traditionally shoulders the burden of risk. Had I known that, I would have spoken to him before the turn-in about what happens in the event of failure, or even after while I still had him around and knew his name. Since I didn't, I feel a little uncomfortable tracking him down and outright asking for a refund. He didn't offer at the time, and if he's okay with that, then I guess there's really nothing I can do.

Really sucks.

Gozuk
04-17-2019, 04:11 PM
Well you said the Monk is from a good/reputable guild, which is usually enough for me and many others BUT just as a precaution it's probably good to get into the habit of asking for the link of the item they will be MQing to you. Sorry if you already said this.

White_knight
04-17-2019, 04:20 PM
Monk in question probably won the legs on NBG basis in a group.

:o

bigjeff100
04-17-2019, 04:22 PM
I really appreciated your post until this part. It wasn't helpful or constructive, and I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to add it in.

Druids are a lot of fun. I care about that far more than being the best min-max choice at end-game.

Disregard Keza, fuck'him :)

Hang in there man, don't lose interest! My main is a 60 druid, and i'd love to help you get back on your feet!! I can donate some bucks to get ya up and running again man! I know that's gotta deflate ya a bit.

I'm actually in Asgard too. Let me know if you are having issues trying to resolve this and i'll see if i can help investigate!

I remember when i did my first MQ for Thurg gear i went through the same feelings.. It's friggin stressful haha! Just keep in mind going forward to push all risks off on the seller, and make it known.. Payment after pixels..

Holler at me anytime man! I only play a few hours a week, which is spent mostly just helping people.. So holler any time!! At least for POTG! :)

azeth
04-17-2019, 04:25 PM
Monk in question probably won the legs on NBG basis in a group.

:o

hah qft

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Well you said the Monk is from a good/reputable guild, which is usually enough for me and many others BUT just as a precaution it's probably good to get into the habit of asking for the link of the item they will be MQing to you. Sorry if you already said this.

That's something I'm definitely going to do in the future. I'd never asked in the previous turn-ins, but they'd all done so anyways. This was the first time it wasn't linked to me prior. I'm not trying to imply he didn't have it, but thinking back over it, I should have made sure beforehand.

Honestly, re-reading some of my posts on this, I realize how careless I was being. It might have all happened the same way anyways, but I was assuming far too much, particularly for such a high dollar (for me) item. It's definitely a learning experience, if nothing else.

Disregard Keza, fuck'him :)

Hang in there man, don't lose interest! My main is a 60 druid, and i'd love to help you get back on your feet!! I can donate some bucks to get ya up and running again man! I know that's gotta deflate ya a bit.

I'm actually in Asgard too. Let me know if you are having issues trying to resolve this and i'll see if i can help investigate!

I remember when i did my first MQ for Thurg gear i went through the same feelings.. It's friggin stressful haha! Just keep in mind going forward to push all risks off on the seller, and make it known.. Payment after pixels..

Holler at me anytime man! I only play a few hours a week, which is spent mostly just helping people.. So holler any time!! At least for POTG! :)

That's incredibly kind of you, man. I'll try to find you on my next login. Hopefully I'll get over this in a couple days and be ready to jump back in. To a lot of players on this server, I know that 12k isn't a lot of plat to lose. But to me that was a fortune, and it's hard to tell myself I'll get it back again right now.

Spacebar
04-17-2019, 04:40 PM
I just wanted to add something I've heard to do before doing the Thurg/Kael/SS MQs was to give the quest npc 4 disposable items such as 4 waters or something to clear their inventory before doing the MQ.

It came up when I was paying for an MQ for my monks bracer and I've been doing it since then. Whether it actually does anything is anybody's guess. Maybe somebody else with more understanding of the mechanics can chime in regarding this practice.

Erati
04-17-2019, 04:44 PM
I just wanted to add something I've heard to do before doing the Thurg/Kael/SS MQs was to give the quest npc 4 disposable items such as 4 waters or something to clear their inventory before doing the MQ.

It came up when I was paying for an MQ for my monks bracer and I've been doing it since then. Whether it actually does anything is anybody's guess. Maybe somebody else with more understanding of the mechanics can chime in regarding this practice.

Doesnt fix the situation.

loramin
04-17-2019, 04:44 PM
To a lot of players on this server, I know that 12k isn't a lot of plat to lose. But to me that was a fortune, and it's hard to tell myself I'll get it back again right now.

What level are you currently? My advice would be to stop worrying about gear (which might be nice anyways; given your recent bad luck with it, forgetting about it might be merciful) and just focus on leveling.

I promise, once you get to 60 12k will be a lot easier to get. Consider CE (Crypt/Emperor) in Sebilis. In an average few hours at that camp a JBB or Heiro Cloak will drop, and they both sell for 12k or more. Sure there's bad nights also, but then again there's also a slight chance the Emp will drop Torpor (90k? something like that). And there's also smaller drops (like the weight reduction box) that you can get there as well.

Now of course you have to win the roll too, but if you do just six nights of that camp then statistically you'll win one of those items, and then you'll be right back to where you were before this incident.

And that's just a single camp: there's tons of others out there for level 60s that can earn you similar money. You could also do the Forager/Hunter cycle in TT or the dragon cycle in Skyfire (a couple Ikky BPs or a few of the right spell drops would get you to 12k). Or you could quad any number of things in Wakening Lands for gems and such that over time will get you somewhat similar plat.

Or ... you could join a guild, go to some raids, and use the DKP you earn to get either Dragon or Giant leggings (better than the Dwarf ones you lost).

The point is, it seems like a huge amount of plat and a huge loss now, but get to 60 and start doing something that earns decent plat for a level 60 (or join a guild) and within a few weeks I can all but guarantee you'll be better off than you were before you lost your MQ.

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 05:15 PM
What level are you currently?

Level 5. You had a great write-up and it's all great advice, but it's hundreds of hours away from me currently.

I came back to the server a few weeks ago, and had a pre-nerf CoS I'd bought years ago on my necro, along with some other stuff I could salvage/sell to roll up my new character. When someone brought up velious armor with the clicky bp for a druid, I made the decision right then to tag mobs in Kael to get faction.

I was actually at your <Anonymous> open raid in Kael this weekend, and was the wood elf slinging fireballs at your giants during plate cycle. It was really nice of you guys to let me tag along on that, by the way. It was what got me my faction for thurg armor.

I really appreciate your post though. It's a good outlook to have. I'll take it to heart.

loramin
04-17-2019, 05:26 PM
Level 5. You had a great write-up and it's all great advice, but it's hundreds of hours away from me currently.

I came back to the server a few weeks ago, and had a pre-nerf CoS I'd bought years ago on my necro, along with some other stuff I could salvage/sell to roll up my new character. When someone brought up velious armor with the clicky bp for a druid, I made the decision right then to tag mobs in Kael to get faction.

I was actually at your <Anonymous> open raid in Kael this weekend, and was the wood elf slinging fireballs at your giants during plate cycle. It was really nice of you guys to let me tag along on that, by the way. It was what got me my faction for thurg armor.

I really appreciate your post though. It's a good outlook to have. I'll take it to heart.

Glad to hear you enjoyed our raid :)

For what it's worth, I leveled my Druid from 1 to 60 with virtually no twink gear (I did throw a Fungi on him for some of the last few levels, but just because I happened to have it on him; it didn't help that much). For most of the time most of his slots were either completely empty or just something like "rough leather armor, 3 AC".

IMHO Druids literally need no gear at all, and could go from 1 to 60 completely nekid, except for the garbage items they loot while leveling and just two items: Goblin Ghazughi Ring (for animal charming) and Luminescent Staff (for quadding). And honestly you can charm all the way to 60 if you want, so really only the ring is "necessary" (and even it isn't, it just makes animal charming nicer vs. having to cast Invis vs. Animals on yourself).

Those two items, some jewelry I happened to have lying around, and the aforementioned fungi for a few later levels, were quite literally all I gave my Druid (even though Loramin could easily have farmed many other items for him if I'd wanted). Every other slot was crap I picked up while leveling or empty, and I never had any gear envy whatsoever as I sailed to 60.

So if you have any plat left, get yourself that ring, but otherwise you really don't need to worry about gear: I can attest that you don't need it at all to take your Druid to 60.

Menden
04-17-2019, 06:26 PM
hi

We won't help with reimbursement of items, but we are happy to help you find out what went wrong.

The logs show you both turned in the correct items. If the NPC was preloaded with gems the player that sold you the MQ would have received the legs, but in this case he didn't.

You turned in the gems about 30 seconds later so 1 of two things likely happened.

1. Another player sniped your legs(unlikely)
2. The player selling the MQ didn't have the right faction.

I won't put that player on blast, but happy to provide you with his name if you PM me or make a petitions / exploits forums post. You can reach out to him about trying to make it right.

Kesselring
04-17-2019, 06:30 PM
hi

We won't help with reimbursement of items, but we are happy to help you find out what went wrong.

The logs show you both turned in the correct items. If the NPC was preloaded with gems the player that sold you the MQ would have received the legs, but in this case he didn't.

You turned in the gems about 30 seconds later so 1 of two things likely happened.

I won't put that player on blast, but happy to provide you with his name if you PM me or make a petitions / exploits forums post. You can reach out to him about trying to make it right.

Can you actually see if a player hands in gems unstacked or not? Im not doubting OP at all that he did, just wondering myself if guides can see that sort of thing.

Indecisive
04-17-2019, 06:50 PM
hi

Thank you so much! Sending you a PM right now so I can try and track down the seller. We were the only two people in the room, so I know no-one else could have sniped the legs. The turn-in lag was due partially to a misunderstanding on exactly when he turned in the legs, and my ultra paranoia on making sure I had the right gems.

You're a lifesaver.

azeth
04-17-2019, 06:53 PM
Can you actually see if a player hands in gems unstacked or not? Im not doubting OP at all that he did, just wondering myself if guides can see that sort of thing.

Pretty sure you can't hand stacks to NPCs. You'll get an error message

Menden
04-17-2019, 07:10 PM

Yeah, we can see stacks, the (1) is the number in a stack.

Gave
[25827] Chipped Onyx Sapphire (1)

Sacer
04-17-2019, 11:03 PM
lol you got scammed hard, classic.

White_knight
04-17-2019, 11:13 PM
Re: Mendens details...

Damn that player 100% owes you your money back since he didnt have the correct faction, aka 100% his fault.

I would be asking him in private first then if he does a runner name and shame him.

GinnasP99
04-17-2019, 11:23 PM
It's possible you didn't have enough faction also, I seem to remember legs/BP needing a slightly higher faction level for turn in than things like gloves/wrist/arms/boots. You could verify this by asking the NPC "what leggings" or whatever the quest dialogue is.

Sajan
04-17-2019, 11:29 PM
I seem to remember legs/BP needing a slightly higher faction level for turn in than things like gloves/wrist/arms/boots.

This isn't true. All Thurg armor quests require kindly faction.

Indecisive
04-18-2019, 02:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/0U2zygD.jpg

I whited out the tells communication I had with an officer yesterday whilst trying to find the seller, but you can clearly see I have the faction on the bottom right. As well that I'm wearing the wrists, hands, arms and boots. The only time this character has even left thurgadin in the last few days was to sell a CoS to afford the rest of my MQ's and buy my gems.

I'm going to try again today to find the person in question to reach a satisfactory conclusion. I was a bit underwhelmed by the response from the guild officer, but as long as the player who sold to me does the right thing in the end, I'm going to refrain from a name and shame. If not, well... I guess I'll see you all in RnF later on.

Edit: Looking at the image after an upload, I guess it's kind of hard to tell exactly what I'm wearing in those slots as the image quality went down after the edit/upload. But I'd be more than happy to show them in inventory if necessary.

jolanar
04-18-2019, 09:08 AM
https://i.imgur.com/0U2zygD.jpg

I whited out the tells communication I had with an officer yesterday whilst trying to find the seller, but you can clearly see I have the faction on the bottom right. As well that I'm wearing the wrists, hands, arms and boots. The only time this character has even left thurgadin in the last few days was to sell a CoS to afford the rest of my MQ's and buy my gems.

I'm going to try again today to find the person in question to reach a satisfactory conclusion. I was a bit underwhelmed by the response from the guild officer, but as long as the player who sold to me does the right thing in the end, I'm going to refrain from a name and shame. If not, well... I guess I'll see you all in RnF later on.

Edit: Looking at the image after an upload, I guess it's kind of hard to tell exactly what I'm wearing in those slots as the image quality went down after the edit/upload. But I'd be more than happy to show them in inventory if necessary.

Did you get the other pieces from him too? If so that would imply he does have the correct faction.

Uuruk
04-18-2019, 09:23 AM
Sometimes I go around and turn in stuff to these guys so threads like this happen.

Uuruk
04-18-2019, 09:25 AM
hi

Also I asked for information on a failed MQ I had years ago in a much worse situation than this and got shut down by staff.

Indecisive
04-18-2019, 10:00 AM
Did you get the other pieces from him too? If so that would imply he does have the correct faction.

No. The other pieces were bought from other sellers.

Indecisive
04-18-2019, 10:09 AM
Sometimes I go around and turn in stuff to these guys so threads like this happen.

I don't know why you would admit to something like this. That's a pretty awful thing to do.

aaezil
04-18-2019, 10:19 AM
Yeah you got scammed. Ouch. Live and learn - maybe put the guy on blast.

baakss
04-18-2019, 10:46 AM
I don't know why you would admit to something like this. That's a pretty awful thing to do.

You pretty much just did the same thing accidentally. You should kill the NPC or stand guard 24:7 to prevent the next person from getting screwed over.

Indecisive
04-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Yeah you got scammed. Ouch. Live and learn - maybe put the guy on blast.

I'm still hopeful that can be avoided. If it was an honest mistake and he meant no harm, I don't want to hurt his reputation. I just want my money back.

If there's an <Asgard> Officer that reads this and would like to help me track down the player in question, I would be very grateful. Part of the problem in finding this person is I'm not certain if this was a main or an alt, as the turn-in character he used was low 50's, so it could be either.

I don't want to turn this into a bigger problem. Menden's post made it pretty clear what he believes to be the most likely scenario in the failure, and I think I've provided ample proof that it wasn't my faction.

You pretty much just did the same thing accidentally. You should kill the NPC or stand guard 24:7 to prevent the next person from getting screwed over.

I'm level 5. I've made a post about it, I've shouted in OOC, and it wasn't my fault to begin with, accidentally or otherwise. I was not the problem in the transaction. There's no part of this that's my fault.

loramin
04-18-2019, 11:02 AM

Pretty sure they changed it so killing the NPC doesn't even help now. Neither of things you suggest would have helped in any way with this problem (which was that the seller didn't have the proper faction).

baakss
04-18-2019, 11:05 AM
Pretty sure they changed it so killing the NPC doesn't even help now. Neither of things you suggest would have helped in any way with this problem (which was that the seller didn't have the proper faction).

What? If the second person had the faction and turned in the gems, the next MQ is messed up for the seller.

I'll test the npc kill mechanic right now and get back to you.

baakss
04-18-2019, 11:27 AM
What? If the second person had the faction and turned in the gems, the next MQ is messed up for the seller.

I'll test the npc kill mechanic right now and get back to you.

Wow, it does save progress after kills. Weird, and good to know!

Menden
04-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Also I asked for information on a failed MQ I had years ago in a much worse situation than this and got shut down by staff.

Sorry to hear that, I've been on staff for over 3 years and from what I've witnessed we'll assist in telling you what happened, but reimbursement is never possible.

fastboy21
04-18-2019, 12:11 PM
It doesn't sound so much like a "scam" to me. More likely than not the seller didn't understand the faction requirements (or somehow thought he had the faction when he didn't).

The seller clearly is at fault (if the facts in the thread are correct). If he made an honest mistake he should refund the money, but has apparently pulled a disappearing act so far.

My question for GMs:

The policy does not allow for you to reimburse lost items due to a bugged/botched/etc MQ failure...but staff DOES help folks when they get money scammed. The items are gone, but the pp is currently in the pocket of the wrong party. Can GMs help with that?

Uuruk
04-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear that, I've been on staff for over 3 years and from what I've witnessed we'll assist in telling you what happened, but reimbursement is never possible.

I'm still curious about it even if it was 4 years ago!

Muggens
04-19-2019, 10:51 AM

Trolling forums on a game u were banned from 4 years ago. Farewell sanity

Crede
04-19-2019, 11:14 AM

I’m still curious what happened to this chiggen dude in your sig

kotton05
04-19-2019, 11:15 AM
My lord we’re all doomed

Optti
04-19-2019, 11:55 AM
I don't even know if I want to play anymore.

can't get out that easy lol

Menden
04-19-2019, 12:44 PM
It doesn't sound so much like a "scam" to me. More likely than not the seller didn't understand the faction requirements (or somehow thought he had the faction when he didn't).

The seller clearly is at fault (if the facts in the thread are correct). If he made an honest mistake he should refund the money, but has apparently pulled a disappearing act so far.

My question for GMs:

The policy does not allow for you to reimburse lost items due to a bugged/botched/etc MQ failure...but staff DOES help folks when they get money scammed. The items are gone, but the pp is currently in the pocket of the wrong party. Can GMs help with that?

I have handled a case or two where a player didn't actually do a turn in they promised to do. Being a scam this does fall into the category of a PNP violation and we will step in. In the last case I handled the perp was banned till they agreed to return the platinum. They get a PNP violation on their record. We would never reimbursed the gems and we never touch currency. These are extremely rare or hardly reported.

But you're right, I strongly believe OP wasn't scammed... Someone didn't check their faction prior to the turn in.

My advise for players is to enter a 50/50 agreement. The buyer pays 50% upfront, if the MQ is successful they give the other 50% to the seller. If the seller gets the item due to the NPC being preloaded, both parties walk away. This is the reason why most MQs fail. If no one gets an item it's probably due to a faction issue on one of the parties and they should really figure that out. I can't remember if the NPC will talk to you if you don't have the faction, I believe they won't. The other reason why most quests in general fail is due to handing the items into the wrong NPC, come on people.

And someone will ask, so I'll say it here. The Velious armor NPCs are this way due to being classic, hate it, love it, it's the way it is. If it was my server I'd make it so MQs don't work at all :P

doormat00
04-19-2019, 01:14 PM
The Velious armor NPCs are this way due to being classic, hate it, love it, it's the way it is.

:eek:

Tudar
04-19-2019, 03:47 PM
I am a druid main, and was hoping to purchase some Thurg Leather MQ's when I liquidate some of my items.

If I read all of this correctly, should I wait until a server reset before attempting anything?

NegaStoat
04-19-2019, 03:49 PM
On old retail live servers such as Fennin Ro all a player had to do back in the day to ensure a MQ went off was to hand the NPC a muffin or flask of water first, and then proceed to do the trade. I learned this from the ancient forums when I was playing pre Kunark for my enchanter doing the Honey Jum quest for getting Steins. New players would talk to the NPC, read the steps, and hand in honeycombs but not the gold pieces (which needed to be gold pieces). So that NPC was constantly loaded with combs and still waiting for the gold. A water flask ensured there was never a problem. I assume the MQ system is identical from live servers, I think?

Tudar
04-19-2019, 03:52 PM
On old retail live servers such as Fennin Ro all a player had to do back in the day to ensure a MQ went off was to hand the NPC a muffin or flask of water first, and then proceed to do the trade. I learned this from the ancient forums when I was playing pre Kunark for my enchanter doing the Honey Jum quest for getting Steins. New players would talk to the NPC, read the steps, and hand in honeycombs but not the gold pieces (which needed to be gold pieces). So that NPC was constantly loaded with combs and still waiting for the gold. A water flask ensured there was never a problem. I assume the MQ system is identical from live servers, I think?

I think someone mentioned that earlier in the thread about handing water flasks and it apparently does not work on p99

Indecisive
04-19-2019, 04:29 PM
I am a druid main, and was hoping to purchase some Thurg Leather MQ's when I liquidate some of my items.

If I read all of this correctly, should I wait until a server reset before attempting anything?

This is what I'm doing. Until the server resets or an earthquake happens, I'm not going to do any further turn-ins. Just not worth the risk.

Erati
04-19-2019, 04:31 PM
Quake wont fix it

thats same as killing the npc and letting it repop

Indecisive
04-19-2019, 04:38 PM
Well, never thought I'd say this, but hope the server comes down soon then.

bigjeff100
04-19-2019, 04:46 PM
There should definitely be a thread created that we can post on when this happens so that nobody continues to keep trying MQ's..

Jimjam
04-19-2019, 04:58 PM
The lesson when doing your own quests is to hand in the 'pattern' first, then the gems one at a time.

It's particularly awesome when you get to save some of the melee wrist or chest gems from other people's botched MQs... Also resets the clock for the next MQers that come #gooddeedfeed.

Menden
04-19-2019, 06:04 PM

The devs try to duplicate live. If you can find some kind of historical proof that's how the NPCS functioned it may be something they would look at. I'd post any findings on the bug forums.

Worry
04-19-2019, 06:10 PM
If it was my server I'd make it so MQs don't work at all :P This.

MQ's only cause problems on this server.

Tudar
04-19-2019, 06:54 PM
The devs try to duplicate live. If you can find some kind of historical proof that's how the NPCS functioned it may be something they would look at. I'd post any findings on the bug forums.

If you want to duplicate live, could you just reset the turn in NPC then?

I recall GM's resetting quest NPC's on live. ;)

Danth
04-19-2019, 07:02 PM
If you want to duplicate live, could you just reset the turn in NPC then?

I recall GM's resetting quest NPC's on live. ;)

Not to mention frequent, often weekly, server re-starts.

Danth

Champion_Standing
04-20-2019, 12:47 AM
Sold a CoS to MQ thurg armor for a druid? You were throwing away the plat to begin with so no loss here.

Indecisive
04-20-2019, 03:54 AM
Sold a CoS to MQ thurg armor for a druid? You were throwing away the plat to begin with so no loss here.

Clicky group regrowth at level 5 is throwing away plat? That's a group fungi tunic.

Sorry you only play one of the 6 meta classes. You're missing out.

Tethler
04-20-2019, 04:05 AM
Clicky group misty thicket port at level 5 is throwing away plat? That's a group misty thicket port.

Sorry you only play one of the 6 meta classes. You're missing out.

Fixed that for you. Regrow is on chest. You said you lost legs.

Indecisive
04-20-2019, 05:01 AM

Fixed that for you. Regrow is on chest. You said you lost legs.

I bolded the important part for you. Because that's what I was responding too. And while I may have lost the legs, the CoS was also funding the tunic.

baakss
04-20-2019, 05:07 AM
I bolded the important part for you. Because that's what I was responding too. And while I may have lost the legs, the CoS was also funding the tunic.

Yeah but losing the legs apparently killed your will to play the game lol.

Indecisive
04-20-2019, 05:11 AM
Yeah but losing the legs apparently killed your will to play the game lol.

Losing 12k was what made me want to quit. That was almost one third of everything I'd ever earned in this game, and and nearly half of my current bank account. We're not all rolling in fungi tunics and dragon pixels. Some of us play casually.

baakss
04-20-2019, 05:14 AM
Losing 12k was what made me want to quit. That was almost one third of everything I'd ever earned in this game, and and nearly half of my current bank account. We're not all rolling in fungi tunics and dragon pixels. Some of us play casually.

12k = a little bit of wisdom and mana and a misty port

You'll survive just fine without that on a druid.

Indecisive
04-20-2019, 05:16 AM
12k = a little bit of wisdom and mana and a misty port

You'll survive just fine without that on a druid.

12k = hours and hours and hours of time for me.

If you ever lose nearly half of what's currently in your player account, I hope people respond with a little more empathy than you're showing me.

baakss
04-20-2019, 05:24 AM
Even if you got the legs, you can't resell them. I can almost guarantee that you could have done better by purchasing resellable items regardless.

If you got what you wanted out of the MQ, your druid would have just a little bit more wis and mana.

"Hours and hours and hours of time", as you put it, for that little bit of extra wis and mana on a level 5 druid.

You don't need that. You were wasting your money anyway on that purchase. I agree with the guy you were responding to.

Indecisive
04-20-2019, 05:56 AM
Even if you got the legs, you can't resell them. I can almost guarantee that you could have done better by purchasing resellable items regardless.

If you got what you wanted out of the MQ, your druid would have just a little bit more wis and mana.

"Hours and hours and hours of time", as you put it, for that little bit of extra wis and mana on a level 5 druid.

You don't need that. You were wasting your money anyway on that purchase. I agree with the guy you were responding to.

Outside of the BP and the bracer, of course I could have bought better items that I could later resell. But that's not what I wanted. I like the FashionQuest of the thurg armor, and as I'll never be raiding at a high level, I don't care that it's inferior to other items. I'm playing a druid - my interest is not in min-max.

But you're entirely missing the point of why I was upset while you were busy trying to mock me over it. 12k wasn't the legs, it was all the time I'd spent acquiring it gone for absolutely nothing. I bought a house but wasn't given the keys. That's why I was upset.

Whether you or anyone else thinks it was a stupid purchase to gear a druid in thurg armor doesn't matter to me. If I get that money back, I'm still buying my legs - just from someone with the proper faction next time.

baakss
04-20-2019, 06:01 AM
Outside of the BP and the bracer, of course I could have bought better items that I could later resell. But that's not what I wanted. I like the FashionQuest of the thurg armor, and as I'll never be raiding at a high level, I don't care that it's inferior to other items. I'm playing a druid - my interest is not in min-max.

But you're entirely missing the point of why I was upset while you were busy trying to mock me over it. 12k wasn't the legs, it was all the time I'd spent acquiring it gone for absolutely nothing. I bought a house but wasn't given the keys. That's why I was upset.

Whether you or anyone else thinks it was a stupid purchase to gear a druid in thurg armor doesn't matter to me. If I get that money back, I'm still buying my legs - just from someone with the proper faction next time.

I'm sorry that your level 5 druid won't look as cool until higher level or you get a refund.

Indecisive
04-20-2019, 06:08 AM
I'm sorry that your level 5 druid won't look as cool until higher level or you get a refund.

Me too.

Jimjam
04-20-2019, 08:06 AM
12k = hours and hours and hours of time for me.

If you ever lose nearly half of what's currently in your player account, I hope people respond with a little more empathy than you're showing me.

I hope you got more out of that time than just the plat. Use that to move on. If all you got out of that time then it's time to ask why you are really playing.

Indecisive
04-20-2019, 08:27 AM
I hope you got more out of that time than just the plat. Use that to move on. If all you got out of that time then it's time to ask why you are really playing.

I did :). I've still yet to find the seller online, but I've taken it to someone who I think may be able to help get this settled, so I'm still hopeful it will all end up square. If not, well - I guess that's the game. I'm not over it, but the knee-jerk reaction to uninstall isn't there anymore.

fastboy21
04-21-2019, 09:41 AM
I did :). I've still yet to find the seller online, but I've taken it to someone who I think may be able to help get this settled, so I'm still hopeful it will all end up square. If not, well - I guess that's the game. I'm not over it, but the knee-jerk reaction to uninstall isn't there anymore.

I didn't want to post this yesterday, as I was worried folks would think I was jumping on the band-wagon questioning you and your choice of items, etc. I don't mean this comment in that way at all.

Failed MQs aren't "bugs" on p99, they are put of the intended mission of p99 to recreate as close as possible the classic game. Lost time and investment is a part of EQ. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose BIG and throw something across the room. Any real EQ player knows what this is like, and its part of the game.

EQ is a great game. You had a real life emotional response (all be it a negative one) to an in game stimulus. There aren't many games like that out there, and it is what makes EQ so much fun for me at least.

Even though today it was a bad punch to the gut, it opens up the possibility of the great reward you'll get when things go right another time.

Anyways, hopefully the GMs can help you to get your pp back from the seller. Even if not, remember losing time, exp, pp, etc. are part of the deal from time to time in EQ.

Indecisive
04-21-2019, 10:33 AM
I was in my feelings a bit originally - I probably should have waited an hour or two before I made the thread. As you said, everyone that's played this game knows what it's like to lose big, and this was one of those moments for me. Particularly just coming back to the game from a very long break, this was a pretty bummer way to start my return.

I don't think the GM's will get involved anymore than they already have, but I did speak to a couple people in their guild who are trying to help me get this resolved. Nobody has seen this person since the turn-in date, so nothing can really be done until they're tracked down. Hopefully someone catches them online soon.

gutterbrain
04-21-2019, 01:28 PM
Imagine ghosting your guild on a high level character that you have clearly devoted time into because you don't want to give back 12k elf-tokens you finessed off a stranger.

Busher
04-21-2019, 03:35 PM
I was going to say something along the same lines, but it seems this did just happen Wednesday morning so I'll give him the benefit of doubt atm. If he doesn't show up in a week or so, or does but says, "tough luck", please let us know.

bigjeff100
04-22-2019, 10:24 AM
Still no luck seeing this guy on my end!! I'm still here pushin for ya bud!! I'll keep my peepers peeled!

Tudar
04-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Just a heads up.

On Easter Sunday 4/21 - we attempted a leg MQ and the seller was rewarded the druid legs. So unfortunately that guy got burned from this, but the NPC should be fixed for new Leg MQ's.

All the other slots worked fine over the weekend (5 completed MQ's on 4/20)

gutterbrain
04-22-2019, 12:08 PM
Biiiiiig YIKES.

Khaleesi
04-22-2019, 12:22 PM
The issue is not the MQ itself(although this is all the more reason MQ should have never been implemented. And Rogean not allowing CSR involvement is laughable since it's management's fault that the feature even exists).

It's that an open quest mob can be broken, costing people significant time, money and effort. And the fact that it can and is done on purpose should be enough justification for CSR involvement.
A simple mob reset is not time consuming or difficult.

These are the type of things that stick in people's mind and either add to the accumulation of negative aspects that cause them to leave the server or is the last straw.
Either way, once again CSR have an opportunity to improve players' experience and they ignore it.

Glad we're still ramming that "Classic" nonsense up everyone's ass.

I guess the lesson here is, don't do quests in EverQuest; rather, join a guild and loot items from mobs on raids that aren't classic.

Bbeta
04-22-2019, 02:00 PM
I was kind of surprised they won't even kill the NPC to reset him so it won't happen to another player, but it is what it is I guess.

Killing the mob will have no affect on the NPC's quest tables / turn in tables. Also resetting the NPC will have no affect on the NPC's quest/turn in tables. This is because all NPC's loot tables are server / zone side. This was implemented during the Eatherquake sim pops.

So in order to fix a mob eating peoples MQ's the zone needs to be completely reset. Hence the reason guides and most GM's can do nothing to help.

Long story short, this was implemented to stop peoples quests from failing due to SIM Repops. If you are turning in a quest item one at a time and a repop happens in the middle of your quest, the NPC would eat your items. so to put a bandaid on this, they bascially found its better to screw over MQ's over all than to be responsible for an individuals failed turn in during a simulated repop.

****THIS IS BASED ON AN EDUCATED GUESS**** *DO NOT QUOTE*

Indecisive
04-22-2019, 02:36 PM
Still no luck seeing this guy on my end!! I'm still here pushin for ya bud!! I'll keep my peepers peeled!

Thanks again, man!

Killing the mob will have no affect on the NPC's quest tables / turn in tables. Also resetting the NPC will have no affect on the NPC's quest/turn in tables. This is because all NPC's loot tables are server / zone side. This was implemented during the Eatherquake sim pops.

So in order to fix a mob eating peoples MQ's the zone needs to be completely reset. Hence the reason guides and most GM's can do nothing to help.

Long story short, this was implemented to stop peoples quests from failing due to SIM Repops. If you are turning in a quest item one at a time and a repop happens in the middle of your quest, the NPC would eat your items. so to put a bandaid on this, they bascially found its better to screw over MQ's over all than to be responsible for an individuals failed turn in during a simulated repop.

****THIS IS BASED ON AN EDUCATED GUESS**** *DO NOT QUOTE*

Yeah, some other community members brought up that the mobs can't be killed anymore to reset loot tables earlier in the thread, but this is the first time I've seen an explanation behind it. Makes sense, just kind of a bummer for situations like this.

Madbad
04-22-2019, 03:52 PM
12k for those legs would have been just as much of a waste as if you had gotten them.

You will probably quit again in 2 weeks anyway.

Also, who the fuck waits 30 seconds to turn in their half of an MQ?

Indecisive
04-22-2019, 04:00 PM
12k for those legs would have been just as much of a waste as if you had gotten them.

You sound delightful.

If you'd read the thread, it took me 30 seconds (actually 23, but whatever) because there was a miscommunication on when exactly he turned the MQ in, compounded by ultra paranoia I was turning in the right gems, as the ones for my cap were also in my inventory and have the same graphic.

Glad I could add to your nearly 1k post count. Do you still play here, or is ForumQuesting your thing?

Madbad
04-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Have you ever played here?

bigjeff100
04-22-2019, 04:17 PM

Stay on topic Madbad. Please quarantine your case of the Monday's good sir.

Indecisive
04-22-2019, 04:19 PM
Have you ever played here?

So you read my thread enough to know I lost a 12k MQ... only to then ask me directly after if I've ever played on the server? Baffling.

Hope your day gets better, buddy.

Madbad
04-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Stay on topic Madbad. Please quarantine your case of the Monday's good sir.

Hows red going for you?

bigjeff100
04-22-2019, 04:55 PM
Haven't logged into red in a while.. I'm sure it's the same? Enjoyble when i'm in the mood..

How are you, how was your easter good sir?

Madbad
04-22-2019, 04:57 PM
Haven't logged into red in a while.. I'm sure it's the same? Enjoyble when i'm in the mood..

How are you, how was your easter good sir?

Practiced self sucking, Its more like sucking a dick than having my dick sucked tho. Working on a solution to this.

bigjeff100
04-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Practiced self sucking, Its more like sucking a dick than having my dick sucked tho. Working on a solution to this.

The problem seems to be with the terminology you're using..

You're calling it "self sucking". But disappointed in the results?
Change the name, and you'll ultimately get the results you're looking for?

Please submit a ticket and provide a profit center if you are needing additional assistance.

Madbad
04-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Self forced irramutio?

bigjeff100
04-22-2019, 05:14 PM
Self forced irramutio?

Term is above my pay grade. Too scared to google it. You win.

Let us return this thread back to OP where it belongs. Been fun Madbad, we'll play again soon bud!

Madbad
04-22-2019, 05:19 PM
i been de-railing threads since b4 you were learning to kickflip, sport

Muggens
04-22-2019, 10:00 PM
EQ is a great game. You had a real life emotional response (all be it a negative one) to an in game stimulus. There aren't many games like that out there, and it is what makes EQ so much fun for me at least.

What?

Some of these responses are mad.
U got scammed sorry OP :( try petition, u should be reimbursed

bigjeff100
04-23-2019, 10:38 AM
What?

Some of these responses are mad.
U got scammed sorry OP :( try petition, u should be reimbursed

A guide responded to this already-

Menden- "Sorry to hear that, I've been on staff for over 3 years and from what I've witnessed we'll assist in telling you what happened, but reimbursement is never possible."

He also stated he doesn't think OP was scammed but that the required faction from the seller was not up to par.. Still hoping for a positive outcome here!!!

Brutality
07-15-2019, 11:46 PM
I’m still curious what happened to this chiggen dude in your sig

Can confirm not a whole lot of good.
Can also confirm has been with a lot of women since then so who cares.

gkmarino
08-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Off topic but still related:

A few weeks ago I bought a Journeyman Boots MQ. The seller was immediately rewarded the Jboots upon the Rings of the Ancient MQ turn in. So someone had intentionally or accidentally pre-loaded Hasten with 3250gp and the Shadowed Rapier before we got there.

Now because we didn't notice the dialog while hail locking him and performing the MQ I turned in my set of 3250gp and the Shadowed Rapier hence again pre-loading Hasten for MQ failure.

Luckily the MQ seller had an extra Ring + Rapier corpsed and agreed to provide them for me eating the cost. I killed the pre-loaded Hasten and waited for respawn while he retrieved his corpsed Ring. 2 respawns later boom Hasten is back. We performed the second MQ ring turn in first and the Jboots was not immediately rewarded this time. Then I turned in the fresh 3250gp and Shadowed Rapier and the MQ worked perfectly.

So Hasten's inventory doesn't persist through death. Why do the Velious Quest NPC inventories persist through death? That seems like a really stupid design flaw, where people can intentionally sabotage people with cheap 100p gems x3 = 300p

Donkey Hotay
08-07-2019, 07:34 PM
the MQ seller had an extra Ring + Rapier corpsed

This is why Hasten was preloaded. I applaud the ruthless person who got revenge for a disingenuous wait at a rigged AC camp.

loramin
08-07-2019, 08:52 PM
So Hasten's inventory doesn't persist through death. Why do the Velious Quest NPC inventories persist through death? That seems like a really stupid design flaw, where people can intentionally sabotage people with cheap 100p gems x3 = 300p

I'm kinda curious about this too. I know that some details of quests and their multi-questability were off in the past, because of P99/emulator bugs, so that could be the case here ... but I doubt it.

For one thing, I think the staff already fixed all those issues. But for another ... the way it works now makes more work for the staff. If they could not have that work AND make things more classic, they would have done so a long time ago. The fact that they didn't that implies that it was a Verant choice P99 is stuck with ... and one could apply the same logic to Hadden since he too is a frequent source of work for the staff.

But I agree it's weird that mobs in one part of the world play by different core rules than mobs elsewhere; that seems more P99-ish than Verant to me.

loramin
08-07-2019, 08:55 PM
This is why Hasten was preloaded. I applaud the ruthless person who got revenge for a disingenuous wait at a rigged AC camp.

Well, you don't know the details though. It's not against the rules to corpse a ring from a Ro (ie. FTE/non-camped) cyclops.

Also if you're doing the OOT one at some ungodly hour of the night/morning and no one else is in line for the camp, you're allowed to corpse as many rings as you want. Or, if you want to get a ring, corpse it, and get back in line, that's legal too.

loramin
08-07-2019, 09:07 PM
That seems like a really stupid design flaw, where people can intentionally sabotage people with cheap 100p gems x3 = 300p

P.S. Also, keep in mind the MQing itself was originally more of a bug than a feature (like recharging) so really Verant didn't design it (purposefully) at all.

Briscoe
08-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Did OP ever get his plat back?

Nuggie
08-07-2019, 09:25 PM
Loramin, I'm not sure if this pre-dated you or not, but at one point nilbog rewrote how quest turn-ins work, specifically related to how MQ's work, to make things smoother than the way the original db was set up. He had to go back and hand change each NPC. This would explain why some work one way and others another way. IIRC he asked for quests people wanted updated but didn't go back through each NPC game-wide.

Indecisive
08-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Did OP ever get his plat back?

Nope, sure didn't. But to be fair, I stopped hunting it pro-actively once Green got announced a week or two later, and quit until a couple days ago.

The player was "Kyis" if anyone still cares.

fastboy21
08-07-2019, 09:40 PM
My first guess would be that it has to do with Hasten having a ph cycle of other NPCs that can spawn in his place. When the non Hasten pops I'd guess it also wipes the inventory.

loramin
08-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Loramin, I'm not sure if this pre-dated you or not, but at one point nilbog rewrote how quest turn-ins work, specifically related to how MQ's work, to make things smoother than the way the original db was set up. He had to go back and hand change each NPC. This would explain why some work one way and others another way. IIRC he asked for quests people wanted updated but didn't go back through each NPC game-wide.

Ah, well I didn't mean to imply that he went back through every NPC, but yes, as you said there definitely was an overhaul and many/most were fixed. I'd be amazed if Velious armor quests or JBoots quest got missed in that overhaul.

Budder
08-08-2019, 01:25 PM
All I got is good luck! Never did these past or present, not high enough now, but would be devastated if it happened to me. 12k is a fortune to me not to mention all the time and effort ugh...