PDA

View Full Version : PvP WHEN?!??!

Slashurr
04-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Any guesses when a redp1999 might be out? God, I can't wait.

Pokeman
04-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Nice thread :)

William_Munny15
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
i believe the rest of us can wait if you can't.

naez
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

Gorgetrapper
04-07-2011, 10:31 PM
The server will happen when you idiots stop spamming the forums. So it appears you'll never get it.

wehrmacht
04-07-2011, 11:41 PM
WOW GUYS THATS A HARD CONCEPT BUT NO I'M TOO FUCKING SELFISH AND NEEDY AND I NEED TO FIND A WAY AROUND THE RULES TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.

The quote in your sig is why PvP servers exist. You don't need any GM intervention or rules on it, at least with the server setup I listed in this post:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31288

All player disputes solved in game.

SwordNboard
04-08-2011, 01:02 AM
It'll happen when you talk to the Priest of Discord and get enough others to do so.

wehrmacht
04-08-2011, 01:46 AM
It'll happen when you talk to the Priest of Discord and get enough others to do so.

I think he was referring to posts like the one below indicating a new PvP server, not turning in books on P1999 blue server:

So.. we need 2 different lists. General PVP bugs, and pvp issues deemed in need of change, for a pvp server to work better.

SwordNboard
04-08-2011, 03:32 AM
I think he was referring to posts like the one below indicating a new PvP server, not turning in books on P1999 blue server:

You don't say..

Bombfist
04-08-2011, 04:31 AM
You don't say..

He's trying to get better at the internet, leave him alone.

AffEcT
04-08-2011, 05:27 AM
The server will eventually come out but it is probably
gonna take a while.
Once Rogean & crew are done with the Kunark tweaks
and have spare time
You guys think we should get our own forums or what?

Lazortag
04-08-2011, 05:43 AM
The server will eventually come out but it is probably
gonna take a while.
Once Rogean & crew are done with the Kunark tweaks
and have spare time
You guys think we should get our own forums or what?

Why not make your own forums? After all if you pvp-lovers loathe GM intervention so much, isn't it weird of you to ask for the GM's to provide you your own forums?

I'm not going to say pvp isn't fun, but you guys are fetishizing the ability to kill other players way too much. You realize on blue servers you can kill other players too right? Just play a cleric and "forget" to heal someone in a group, or play a chanter and pretend to go AFK when there's multiple adds. The result is basically the same.

AffEcT
04-08-2011, 05:59 AM
I'm not going to say pvp isn't fun, but you guys are fetishizing the ability to kill other players way too much. You realize on blue servers you can kill other players too right? Just play a cleric and "forget" to heal someone in a group, or play a chanter and pretend to go AFK when there's multiple adds. The result is basically the same.

Disagree.
I dont think you understand the thrill of a pvp server.
Its not just about killing other players.
Its about putting yourself and the character you have built up
to the test. Guildwars, politics and strategy.

The thing i love about Everquest is that it is not balanced in the sense
that every class cant do everything. In for example WoW, every class can
do just about everything. So every class can solo pvp solo exp solo solo solo.
That system is probably easyer to balance wen it comes to pvp since everyone can do everything. Spam the buttons.
But everquest is not like that. Some classes cant do jack shit with out
the help of other classes. It really makes it the best interactive social team game in my opinion.

Anyway... Hah. Yeah maybe we should get our own forums... :P