PDA

View Full Version : Exp-less suicide for corpsing items with DoTs?

JickFromTholuxe
04-13-2019, 09:41 AM
I heard that there's a trick to killing oneself using a DoT and zoning without losing exp, but I haven't had a cleric around to help me with the little science experiment. Finding someone to duel at HH to help me corpse my HS keys is becoming a nuisance for me.

Please tell me if this is correct:

Nuke myself down to a low enough HP that my best DoT would finish me off if it ran its course (e.g. down to 500 HP, then cast Asphyxiate which is 950 dmg)
With DoT on me, I gate to change zones and hit a loading screen
My geared corpse will be left where I gated, but no exp will be lost.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.

Arvan
04-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Don't know what that is, but it sounds like an exploit.

JickFromTholuxe
04-13-2019, 07:09 PM
Or it's classic?

This is an old P99 trick, according to old posts here. I'd be very surprised if the devs don't know about it. I'm not even sure if it's still possible. Anyone know?

Disease
04-13-2019, 09:07 PM
I tried this and still lost exp. Just level a character to 5(need 5 to enter OT). Get a bind outside gates if kos. Drop transfer bags and just suicide and corpse keys on the level 5.

Once a week log in and suicide. When you need keys on main, just drop transfer back.

Legidias
04-13-2019, 10:16 PM
You're supposed to get fully debuffed if your HP is lower than what extra HP your gear gives you.

(e.g. if you gear in total is +50 hp and you only had 25 hp upon zoning)

You may want to try this without any gear on?

GinnasP99
04-14-2019, 01:15 AM
I'm fairly certain /dueling for the death is the only way to achieve what you're looking to do. (the keeping them on a level 5 also works, but man I'd much rather find a duel partner tbh)

JickFromTholuxe
04-14-2019, 05:35 AM
To the folks wondering where I got this idea from, it was from this post by Techmos/Noman (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1150343&postcount=18).

I tried this and still lost exp.

Then it would seem some of my steps are mistaken. I was just hypothesizing the "simple" way to do it, but maybe it's more complex than I expected.

Just level a character to 5(need 5 to enter OT). Get a bind outside gates if kos. Drop transfer bags and just suicide and corpse keys on the level 5.

Once a week log in and suicide. When you need keys on main, just drop transfer back.

I may do this eventually. I got enough level 1-5 disposable alts though and adding yet another feels like more clutter. I can farm every HS key solo on my enchanter, so it's not a huge deal to me to re-farm them later if they rot.

The problem with exp suicide deaths is that level 5 is going to be sub-5 soon. Maybe I could stay in-zone if I bound at the outpost and de-leveled to 4?

You're supposed to get fully debuffed if your HP is lower than what extra HP your gear gives you.

(e.g. if you gear in total is +50 hp and you only had 25 hp upon zoning)

You may want to try this without any gear on?

Yeah, I'm starting to think some combination of gear and other buffs are a missing component to the trick. Still trying to figure it out.....

Pyrion
04-14-2019, 07:53 AM
On red you can just drown to die without losing xp. Not sure if that works on blue.

Freakish
04-14-2019, 08:22 AM
When I had to corpse PoM thrones on my shaman I would dot myself, log out/in (same effect as zoning) and when I came back dot would kill me with no xp loss. It's a bit harder to do on enc due to your dot doing such low damage but should work.

snyder43
04-18-2019, 01:56 PM
On red you can just drown to die without losing xp. Not sure if that works on blue.

Sadly, it doesn't. =(

Also on Red, deaths from falling or lava also result in no exp loss. I corpse all my HS keys by suiciding off the cliff. It's much easier than /d someone, and safer since no one sees what zone you're in =p

Varren
04-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Tried removing an hp item when you’re super low on health? Worked to avoid YT on red anyway, but I don’t know if it causes exp loss...

Tecmos Deception
04-19-2019, 10:36 AM
I'm fairly certain /dueling for the death is the only way to achieve what you're looking to do. (the keeping them on a level 5 also works, but man I'd much rather find a duel partner tbh)

It still works. You just have to take off any items or buffs you have increasing your HP for it to work on a chanter, basically. Otherwise when you log in/zone in at lower HP than your +hp items/spells give, it strips all your buffs and debuffs.

Phenyo
04-20-2019, 10:52 AM
It still works. You just have to take off any items or buffs you have increasing your HP for it to work on a chanter, basically. Otherwise when you log in/zone in at lower HP than your +hp items/spells give, it strips all your buffs and debuffs.