PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Necro

Wickedbane
04-12-2019, 05:00 PM
I have recently got to lvl 25. I have been lvling mostly on Kunark.

I thought I’d try the Antonica or Faydwer maybe even OOT.

Only draw back is that I’m hated everywhere. Are there merchants I can sell to in those areas?

DMN
04-12-2019, 05:12 PM
You can sell to all druid ring merchants. Shady in the tunnel will trade with you too if I remember right. I think he's a greedy merchant though. When you eventually get skeleton illusion the number of places you can sell goes up a decent bit.

Considering iksars are a bit ugly, I'd consider making a high charisma alt to sell all your stuff via drop trade.

Wickedbane
04-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Won’t get that till I ding 34.

In the meantime besides some Druid rings are there Iksar friendly merchants?

I I don’t think I’d be able to sell to the NK rings.

DMN
04-12-2019, 05:47 PM
You should be able to sell to gypsies too. So lavastorm, NK, oasis and whatever ones I've forgotten.. Between gypsies and druid vendors you shouldn't have too much a problem selling-- unless you plan to go to permafrost.

Wickedbane
04-14-2019, 02:30 AM
Does FD work for selling to KOS merchants or does it make you no longer fd when you right click?

commongood
04-17-2019, 03:01 AM
Does FD work for selling to KOS merchants or does it make you no longer fd when you right click?

Yeah it doesn't work sadly. You can bank with a kos banker while FD but not use a merchant.

Wickedbane
04-17-2019, 03:43 AM
Yeah. Was able to log in tonight to try it out.

Guess I’ll have to wait till call of bones.

What would be easier to faction up to to be able to bank and sell? Freeport or Neriak?

commongood
04-17-2019, 03:45 AM
Probably Neriak, but honestly just focus on the exp. You were level 25 five days ago. You must be getting closer to 34. The amount of time you will spend grinding faction instead of exp'ing will likely be significantly higher than it would take you to just ding 34. Once you can cast skelly illusion you instantly become non-kos with most (but not all) of Neriak and will be able to vendor there.

stebbins99
04-17-2019, 09:26 AM
Couple tips for Qeynos area and Iksar Necro (zero faction):

There's a sweet dude in West Karana named Carlan the Young that will sell to you - he's near the bard that people like to kill repeatedly for exp.

Qeynos sewers = hard to get to but viable place to bank and train off the bat

NK druid rings = stay invis around there, surrounded by kos druids

South Karana = two places to vend, the Aviak fort and the Centaur fort. They find lizardmen tolerable

Wickedbane
04-17-2019, 05:47 PM
Couple tips for Qeynos area and Iksar Necro (zero faction):

There's a sweet dude in West Karana named Carlan the Young that will sell to you - he's near the bard that people like to kill repeatedly for exp.

Qeynos sewers = hard to get to but viable place to bank and train off the bat

NK druid rings = stay invis around there, surrounded by kos druids

South Karana = two places to vend, the Aviak fort and the Centaur fort. They find lizardmen tolerable

Perfect! I was thinking about heading to SK.

MikeXG
04-18-2019, 10:21 AM
I don't remember if I had to do any faction work (if I did it was very minimal) but blood sabers liked my Iksar necro and Iksar SK.

Wickedbane
04-25-2019, 01:14 AM
Been looking at http://http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdrix%27s_All_in_One_Necromancer_Strategy_Gui de#Levels_31-34 and its got some good info. Lvls 34-37 besides toll booth, druids and dwarves in West Commonlands what are some other good spots for steady pp?

When should I go into Kaesora to have success with charming?

Crawdad
04-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Been looking at http://http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdrix%27s_All_in_One_Necromancer_Strategy_Gui de#Levels_31-34 and its got some good info. Lvls 34-37 besides toll booth, druids and dwarves in West Commonlands what are some other good spots for steady pp?

29+ is when Necros start making great plat while casually leveling.

29-38 WC guards, rangers or dwarves, EC rangers, Highkeep guards
39-45 Oggok guards, Freeport guards, Feerrott/Oasis/OOT/Qeynos Spectres
46-50 Grobb guards
51-54 Felwithe guard, Kelethin guards
54+ Charming in HS, geonids or armors in WL, Kaladim guards, Skyfire trash, Lfay brownies

Tuurin
04-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Yeah. Was able to log in tonight to try it out.

Guess I’ll have to wait till call of bones.

What would be easier to faction up to to be able to bank and sell? Freeport or Neriak?

For the price of 4 bone chips you can vendor in Freeport tunnels. Just need to do this (Xelha version) once (iirc) to get to vendor-able: https://wiki.project1999.com/Bone_Chips_Quests

Lordgordon
04-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Do the treant camp in south karana my brotha. Horse humans merchant 30 seconds away as another gentleman has stated

Wickedbane
04-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Do the treant camp in south karana my brotha. Horse humans merchant 30 seconds away as another gentleman has stated

That’s my camp right now. Just thinking of what’s next when they start to green out or are taken.

Whirled
04-26-2019, 12:45 PM
Not sure if you tried this already but
Field of Bone = https://wiki.project1999.com/Servant_of_Sythrax
Can practice the undead charming skills here and be close to home city, sellers, etc...
There's not much for loot and you may want lv 29 undead blast and other spells first but it is an option. HTH!

LazyHydras
04-30-2019, 11:35 AM
I have to second the South Karana thing. I did the Aviaks down there, myself, as the treants scared the everliving F out of me. Aviaks steadily rise in difficulty from Egret to Avocet, giving you plenty of levels worth of fun. Also, you can go up to the top and still use the aviak vendor there. While you can't bank, you can buy and re-sell gems which are great at converting your gold into platinum (for a very modest loss in overall plat).

stebbins99
04-30-2019, 12:49 PM
For sure Hydras! I probably spent too much time in South Karana on my Iksar Necro but wanted to level up in the old world with some RL friends. Some additional input based on my personal experiences:

Nearby access to a decent guard-killing spot (for evil races) when SK is busy-- the 2-3 guards at the NK/SK bridge in North Karana. Terrible loot but an easy camp to hold down with a ZL at your back. This is also a popular spot for evil shamans, definitely duoed the bridge with a shammy in this spot when the guards were tougher to kill

If killing/camping the hermit (popular solo spot in SK at lower lvls), make sure to keep your eyes peeled for the roaming giant(s) in zone. If the hermit is giving you decent exp, the giants can surely wreck you. Make sure to FD if you are using the bathroom or anything. Though FD will kill your pet, saving your summoned pet isn't worth eating a death

Easy access to a dungeon in Splitpaw. This dungeon is great if you stick to the entry area (prior to the double doors) or, conversely, you can go deeper if you know what you're doing and don't train the "top roamer" (past the double doors). Hah, I must say that suffering through one of those Splitpaw trains via top roamer is a rite of passage in my book

Hanging out in SK (long enough) allowed me to eventually kill QM and loot a Pegasus Feather Cloak. This allowed me to levitate for 10+ levels prior to getting DMF. Namely, hanging in SK (esp at off hours) allowed me to randomly kill QM a few times when nobody was farming her. The cloak isn't the *hugest* deal for a necro but definitely a quality of life improvement for those 10-12 levels. And who doesn't love clickies

Though SK is a long zone (North to South), you're very close to the wizzy spires in NK-- make sure to kill the guards if you're hanging near spires. Druid rings aren't too much further but there are many more unfriendly NPCs. This means that it was never too hard / far away from getting a port if something pops-up whilst in SK

Wickedbane
05-25-2019, 03:40 AM
Quality of life just got better. Got my jboots. Thx sicc

Besides CoS is there anything else I should look out for or camp?

Lvl 35+

Tethler
05-25-2019, 04:54 AM
You can quest one of the mage focus items for instant click reclaim pet from inventory. Not required, but a nice quality of life thing. Maybe Words of Darkness (https://wiki.project1999.com/Words_of_Darkness_Quest) clickie if you have someone give you a hand. IDK if it's soloable at 35.

commongood
05-25-2019, 04:56 AM

Lvl 35+

Words of Darkness. But won’t make anywhere near as big an impact as CoS/jboots

GinnasP99
05-25-2019, 07:09 PM

Lvl 35+

Kinda of assuming that you don't have holgresh elder beads, if that is the case you should look into getting yourself some stalking probes. You can usually find them for like 50pp or so. keep most on you and one fully charged in the bank for recharging. While this isn't going to let you endlessly consume eyeballs like beads will, at least you'll have the ability to summon some eyes.

Wickedbane
05-25-2019, 10:29 PM
Kinda of assuming that you don't have holgresh elder beads, if that is the case you should look into getting yourself some stalking probes. You can usually find them for like 50pp or so. keep most on you and one fully charged in the bank for recharging. While this isn't going to let you endlessly consume eyeballs like beads will, at least you'll have the ability to summon some eyes.

What’s the recharge cost on those?

GinnasP99
05-26-2019, 11:55 AM
Not much, 10-15pp i believe. Maybe less

btravis1990
06-04-2019, 02:39 PM
I am level 53 DE Necro, and I leveled without COS or Jboots. This was my first character on P99 so I just was concentrating on leveling and getting gear. I now have 7 toons fully geared to the gills, and I still have not really "hurt" from not having COS or jboots.

Now I am sure once I get them I wont want to be without them, however DE "hide" does the same as COS for charm breaking etc.