PDA

View Full Version : Enc Animation Question

Rimitto
04-11-2019, 05:18 PM
does anyone have any information about what slots / weapons the animations all come with?
I've noticed that different levels are getting different weapons and it would be super helpful to figure out what weapons/shields to give them in order to be more efficient.
That is to say, it would be nice to know what the damage of those weapons are so I can at least somewhat attempt to give them better weapons.

I've been trying to find guides online about animation pets, but nobody seems to know anything about them at all. all the guides just repeat the same 3 lines of "omg you're not using charm u nub." , "just give anything to animations and they do more damage." and "their weapon is the tiny dagger."
All of which are inaccurate(mostly) answers to the question I'm asking, which is for cold hard statistical facts.
1) charming is horrible bad at pet burst levels
2) animations clearly have different weapons on summon, I've noticed a dagger, a longsword, a rapier, and an axe so far.
3) tiny dagger is not a weapon and cannot be equipped as a weapon, does not show stats, etc etc etc.

Additionally, does anyone know anything about the shield it comes equipped with as well? I've been looking into stocking up on shields if I can make it more tanky as well for the in between pet burst levels, but again, I can't seem to find any information at all on this topic.

branamil
04-11-2019, 05:38 PM
One time I gave it a full suit of bronze for curiosity and it had no noticeable effect.

deven1313
04-12-2019, 03:15 PM
The best thing to give them is a torch so they dual-wield. Sometimes if I happen to loot cheap armor I'll also it to them but I have no idea if it actually helps.

NegaStoat
04-12-2019, 04:07 PM
I have minimal experience with Enchanter Animations other than to agree with you in that they are fine to use for your upward crawl of getting level 20 if you aren't okay with charm breaks and issues of mobs with how they con to you in your teens and so forth. I leveled a dark elf enchanter and even with max starting Cha and good cheap items the breaks were just a part of the mechanics of being in the teens, and sucked.

I focused mostly on undead while leveling and saved rusty halberds both from mobs and from merchants in mage summoned bags that I would corpse between play sessions. The increased damage assisted with leveling in a pretty big way. In terms of giving the animation armor to wear, I never tried it as my character was tanking most of the way through using haste and slow, and mage summoned bandages. It was dumb but it worked to getting 20 and that's all i cared about.

You could experiment with armor on the pet if you really want and just do some damage parse comparisons. I can tell you that giving a full set of banded armor on a mage pet does make a significant difference in the damage they receive through the 40's and even early 50's, but I'd only ever bother if it's a camp of some sort that I wouldn't want to use the Reclaim strategy.

I believe the highest level summon for the 20 animation can dual wield. And then all of the level 24 summons on up can dual wield if given 1h weapons, as per the wiki.

Rimitto
04-12-2019, 05:54 PM
seems like everyone else seems to be as in the dark as I am on this issue other than the fact that giving them 2 weapons makes them dual wield. :confused:

DMN
04-12-2019, 05:59 PM
I don't think the shield is actually a shield. If it were a shield, then the animations would naturally DW whenever they were high enough level to do so.

The weapons they have equipped on summon are also completely meaningless.

Rimitto
04-13-2019, 02:13 PM
I don't think the shield is actually a shield. If it were a shield, then the animations would naturally DW whenever they were high enough level to do so.

The weapons they have equipped on summon are also completely meaningless.
"Completely Meaningless"
I think going from a 9 damage axe to a 3 damage dagger COULD have some meaning. It might not mean a lot to you but hey, I'm interested in the meta-game. :rolleyes:

Here's my counter-argument to your shield claim. Animations use bash, which afaik, does require a shield, yes?

deven1313
04-16-2019, 10:53 AM
I have found that when you give an animation something, like a torch to force dual wield, it still bashes even w/o a shield. I would be curious if its AC is impacted without the shield.

derblott
04-17-2019, 11:22 AM
I haven't summoned an animation since level 16. Haven't even bought the spell...

They're total junk, go charm something. Lots of good information out there on the topic of charming. It's fun, engaging, and incredibly effective.

Rimitto
04-18-2019, 03:14 AM
I haven't summoned an animation since level 16. Haven't even bought the spell...

They're total junk, go charm something. Lots of good information out there on the topic of charming. It's fun, engaging, and incredibly effective.
Is there a button I can click to report posts for being deconstructive?
because that's what you are, a liberal. :rolleyes:
just a reminder, this is a thread for ENCHANTERS, not MAGICIAN ALTS. :rolleyes:

If ANYONE actually does have any information on the animations, feel free to post it.

Tecmos Deception
04-19-2019, 10:51 AM
"Completely Meaningless"
I think going from a 9 damage axe to a 3 damage dagger COULD have some meaning. It might not mean a lot to you but hey, I'm interested in the meta-game. :rolleyes:

Here's my counter-argument to your shield claim. Animations use bash, which afaik, does require a shield, yes?

The damage on a weapon you give to a summoned (or charmed) pet is irrelevant unless the damage is more than half of the max hit that thing would do normally. So like, if you give a pet summoned with a level 1 spell, that hits for 8 max normally, a 10-damage weapon, he will now hit for like 20-21 max. But his damage as a fresh summon is determined by his level/spell level, not his visible weapon or whatever. And if you gave him a 1-damage weapon, it wouldn't lower his max hits, either.

Your counter-argument doesn't hold water, because pets don't work by the same rules as PCs. A PC also won't be dual wielding if you give him a book or lantern for his offhand, but a pet does. Besides, some PCs can bash without a shield. Etc. It doesn't follow that because most (but not all) PCs need a shield to bash, then something that is not a PC needs a shield to bash.

deven1313
04-19-2019, 10:58 AM
Just an aside, the animation *will* bash without a shield. Try it out - give it a torch and it will still bash. Which led me to wonder, if you you replace the shield with a torch, does that affect its AC?

kjs86z
04-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Gonna be doing some super lazy droga faction farm this weekend and will be using an animation for the first time in years.

So just a torch will work here? Just like a charmed mob?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-19-2019, 01:04 PM
The damage on a weapon you give to a summoned (or charmed) pet is irrelevant unless the damage is more than half of the max hit that thing would do normally. So like, if you give a pet summoned with a level 1 spell, that hits for 8 max normally, a 10-damage weapon, he will now hit for like 20-21 max. But his damage as a fresh summon is determined by his level/spell level, not his visible weapon or whatever. And if you gave him a 1-damage weapon, it wouldn't lower his max hits, either.

Your counter-argument doesn't hold water, because pets don't work by the same rules as PCs. A PC also won't be dual wielding if you give him a book or lantern for his offhand, but a pet does. Besides, some PCs can bash without a shield. Etc. It doesn't follow that because most (but not all) PCs need a shield to bash, then something that is not a PC needs a shield to bash.

To expand on this, your pet will ONLY dual wield innately at a certain level (spell level 39 maybe?). This might even be just for the highest summon within that spell range. I believe the lowest summon of your 44 spell level animation will not dual wield innately as well.

Your pet is a warrior. Once it’s high enough to be able to kick and bash it will do so no matter what you equip it with.

Rimitto
04-21-2019, 02:20 PM

Here's my counter-counter argument: If the damage didn't matter and was based solely on level, then why would they need to change the animaton's weapon looks in the first place? That seems like much more effort than just giving it a different weapon. I'm still holding out my theory that they are all different weapons and are all the "rusty" variety, which wouldn't naturally have that much variance in dps compared to summoned level.
Let's change views here a bit. By your account then, any dropped non-named weapon would fall off by about level 20, assuming max 9 damage to 18 which is in the level 20 range.
I should probably test this next part out myself but, can they wield/dual wield 2handers?

and just for the sake of the argument, we're 100% positive that attack delay DOES NOT effect animations right? like say a dagger vs an axe. I have notixed that quicken 'seems' to make it more lethal.

To expand on this, your pet will ONLY dual wield innately at a certain level (spell level 39 maybe?).
nanda man, it's much lower than that:
"Sagar's Animation Level 24 19-23 450-700 19-26 15-17 1 Dual Wields"

Torik
04-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Here's my counter-counter argument: If the damage didn't matter and was based solely on level, then why would they need to change the animaton's weapon looks in the first place? That seems like much more effort than just giving it a different weapon. I'm still holding out my theory that they are all different weapons and are all the "rusty" variety, which wouldn't naturally have that much variance in dps compared to summoned level.
Let's change views here a bit. By your account then, any dropped non-named weapon would fall off by about level 20, assuming max 9 damage to 18 which is in the level 20 range.
I should probably test this next part out myself but, can they wield/dual wield 2handers?

and just for the sake of the argument, we're 100% positive that attack delay DOES NOT effect animations right? like say a dagger vs an axe. I have notixed that quicken 'seems' to make it more lethal.

Once again, here you are bashing an extremely experienced enchanter's advice. Why don't you take some time to watch Temos' videos (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkZSPYt5AYEE9Y-_FTW4HZg) and learn how to properly play an enchanter?

Qtip
04-21-2019, 04:54 PM
Once again, here you are bashing an extremely experienced enchanter's advice. Why don't you take some time to watch Temos' videos (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkZSPYt5AYEE9Y-_FTW4HZg) and learn how to properly play an enchanter?

He's obviously a troll. Using a throwing weapon and animation at level 24... Come on now.

Tecmos Deception
04-21-2019, 05:58 PM

nanda man, it's much lower than that:
"Sagar's Animation Level 24 19-23 450-700 19-26 15-17 1 Dual Wields"

Just read the wiki, dude. Your questions are answered somewhere in there. If you refuse to believe decades of accumulated eq wisdom... yeah, maybe you'll sometimes find something that everyone else was wrong about... but probably not.

Rimitto
04-21-2019, 06:21 PM
Just read the wiki, dude. Your questions are answered somewhere in there. If you refuse to believe decades of accumulated eq wisdom... yeah, maybe you'll sometimes find something that everyone else was wrong about... but probably not.

in my experience it happens quite often.
For example, many people claim bernstein bears are a thing. same with sinbad. Or if you want to go into it more recently... everyone literally forgetting how donald trump got elected and claiming it was russia :rolleyes:
I'm not saying you're wrong about the levels thing, but, I'm not ruling out the fact that animations do change their weapons they spawn with as they level up. That's a detail that is never touched upon, and as an explorer type It piques my interest to know the why and how. The additional concerns of shield and AC have been brought up by other people which also adds onto the questions, many of which have been not-answered and repeated with circular logic into the ground.

If you, Qtip, and Torik are not capable of this level of conversation, then feel free to view another thread. Flames & Rants has a really good one about in game drama. This thread however is for the pursuit of higher knowledge. Good Day.:rolleyes:

as a side note, I will say this much, with a bit of irony, That was by far the least "bashing" I've done of any topic on the board to date. I guess when you grow up in a bubble, everything seems like an attack. :eek:

Zipity
04-21-2019, 07:43 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide

/feeds troll

Zipity
04-21-2019, 07:47 PM
A pet can use a 2h wep + a torch to still DW

Zipity
04-21-2019, 07:48 PM
Also pets don’t follow dmg tables but the charts are very helpful

Tecmos Deception
04-21-2019, 08:07 PM
in my experience it happens quite often.
For example, many people claim bernstein bears are a thing. same with sinbad. Or if you want to go into it more recently... everyone literally forgetting how donald trump got elected and claiming it was russia :rolleyes:
I'm not saying you're wrong about the levels thing, but, I'm not ruling out the fact that animations do change their weapons they spawn with as they level up. That's a detail that is never touched upon, and as an explorer type It piques my interest to know the why and how. The additional concerns of shield and AC have been brought up by other people which also adds onto the questions, many of which have been not-answered and repeated with circular logic into the ground.

If you, Qtip, and Torik are not capable of this level of conversation, then feel free to view another thread. Flames & Rants has a really good one about in game drama. This thread however is for the pursuit of higher knowledge. Good Day.:rolleyes:

as a side note, I will say this much, with a bit of irony, That was by far the least "bashing" I've done of any topic on the board to date. I guess when you grow up in a bubble, everything seems like an attack. :eek:

You're legit retarded, aren't you? (Yes, that's an attack).

An animation summon having the appearance of a short sword instead of a 2h sword means about as much about its damage as what my race on a /who shows when I cast an illusion.

Holy fuck.

Give a level 49 summon a rusty dagger. It still hits for whatever it did before. Just like a level 20 animation would after you gave it a rusty dagger. Etc.

The AC/shield question is a bit less asinine, I guess. But still. Do you feel outrage that an invoke death summon hits for 50 or whatever barehanded when a level 40ish player warrior can't? Lol.

Rimitto
04-21-2019, 11:08 PM

An animation summon having the appearance of a short sword instead of a 2h sword means about as much about its damage as what my race on a /who shows when I cast an illusion.

Holy fuck.

Give a level 49 summon a rusty dagger. It still hits for whatever it did before. Just like a level 20 animation would after you gave it a rusty dagger. Etc.

The AC/shield question is a bit less asinine, I guess. But still. Do you feel outrage that an invoke death summon hits for 50 or whatever barehanded when a level 40ish player warrior can't? Lol.

since you favor ignorance over intelligence let me crack you bubble real quick.
Situations that would matter:
like you said their minimum damage is X, based on level, thus giving them a WEAKER weapon wouldn't matter. While personally I still don't believe this is true, based on the fact that you're swearing and probably a level 50-60 charm user, lower damage weapons in general (mostly daggers) have a much lower attack delay than then axes.
wiki has no information about this, either of these topics, thus I created this thread.
someone brought up the question about shield too, wiki has no info on that either.

If you have the information then feel free by all means to say it. Otherwise, you're just a know nothing nobody that knows nothing just like everyone else spouting infantile attempts at insults while remaining gleefully ignorant of actual progression on the topic. :rolleyes:
"World is flat and you're all mentally ill for thinking otherwise!" that's you, that's what you sound like right now. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I get it, you're an achiever type, this thread/topic really just is not for you. Not every conversation is meant for all types of people, don't worry. You've put your 2 cents in early on of what you knew and they were taken in context. Now I'm looking for more hard concrete evidence about the original question which was never answered. :)

A pet can use a 2h wep + a torch to still DW
Interesting, so theorhetically speaking, dual weidling 2h weapons is possible then? That changes things a bit.

branamil
04-22-2019, 02:24 AM

Holy fuck.

You just got extremely upset over a floating sword in a virtual fantasy world

NegaStoat
04-22-2019, 02:54 AM
Attack delay doesn't matter once you give a weapon a pet. It still uses its default NPC value as a base. This server correctly emulates that rule, which went into effect on old retail servers pre kunark after a Necro's pet with two rusty daggers solo'd a 50 warrior wearing full crafted armor while wielding dual yaks.

As a funny side note, Abashi made an ass of himself over that event when he stated that this change to a default attack speed would work on Magician pets too, to which Magician posters responded that mage pets absolutely could not hold weapons, and that he was full of crap. His response was something along the lines of "of course they can"... which he didn't test, because in actuality they couldn't at that early stage of the game. When the patch rolled out Mage pets could suddenly use weapons too.

Sacer
04-22-2019, 05:31 AM
Illusions have 100% the same mechanics as any other class pets, but they look quite different. I think you're geting confused because of that reason.

Crawdad
04-22-2019, 11:09 AM
since you favor ignorance over intelligence let me crack you bubble real quick.
Situations that would matter:
like you said their minimum damage is X, based on level, thus giving them a WEAKER weapon wouldn't matter. While personally I still don't believe this is true, based on the fact that you're swearing and probably a level 50-60 charm user, lower damage weapons in general (mostly daggers) have a much lower attack delay than then axes.

Here is a thread with testing for DW'ing and attack speed. (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197929) It has another link with even more testing.
Thread discussing pets and weapon damage/delay with Dev feedback (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30935) - Another thread on the same subject (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134805)
Your questions are answered in these posts. If you don't believe others, or the comments from Devs, this is as simple as giving your pet a fine steel dagger and parsing it yourself.

If you have the information then feel free by all means to say it. Otherwise, you're just a know nothing nobody that knows nothing just like everyone else spouting infantile attempts at insults while remaining gleefully ignorant of actual progression on the topic. :rolleyes:
"World is flat and you're all mentally ill for thinking otherwise!" that's you, that's what you sound like right now. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I get it, you're an achiever type, this thread/topic really just is not for you. Not every conversation is meant for all types of people, don't worry. You've put your 2 cents in early on of what you knew and they were taken in context. Now I'm looking for more hard concrete evidence about the original question which was never answered. :)

Every thread of yours reads as trolling. There are thousands of hours of Enchanter experience answering your questions. You get answers and don't like them, and that's fine. Do your own testing and prove people wrong. Otherwise its all just a bunch of contrarian hot air.

Rathnir
04-22-2019, 11:11 AM
wiki has no information about this, either of these topics, thus I created this thread.

Zipity linked the wiki Pet Guide (https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Attack_Delay) earlier in the thread which has this little tidbit:

Attack Delay
A pet's attack delay is not affected by the delay on a given weapon. However, weapon slot choice is determined by delay (i.e. lower delay item will replace one with a higher delay).

Hopefully that answers your question about Attack Delay for pets?

Interesting, so theorhetically speaking, dual weidling 2h weapons is possible then?
Negative, not sure how you made that non-sequitor. Higher level summoned pets (all classes) refuse 2h weapons outright at a certain point, in favor of using dual wield. The 2h tactic remains effective for charming, as many NPCs innately do NOT dual wield, and thus accept the 2hander, then get forced into dual wield with the offhand item (torch, shield, mandolin etc.). If that doesn't prevent it, afaik all 2h in game are Primary only, which would also prevent it.

My enchanter went from 1-55 solo in a few months playing very casually using a lot of the techniques and knowledge in Tecmos videos. I don't understand why you would discount his expertise, or a lot of the other information you seem to have rejected in this thread.

Had I leveled my enchanter using animations, it would have been agonizingly slow by comparison to charm. Lugging around armor and shields and 2handers for my agonizingly slow animations as well? Unimaginable.

ElectedTheWayofPain.gif