PDA

View Full Version : Enc Spell Bar

richice
04-05-2019, 11:25 AM
My 56 enc has been shelved for a good bit now. I wanted to get his cha near maxed before I started him again, and I've managed to get 254 self buffed (+50 cha).

Coming back to him now, I was wondering if I could get some help on my spell bar in different scenarios.

-Solo

-Duo

-Group

Can I safely assume to leave lowest level mez, tash, and PE on my bar in all cases? What about AE mez? How many AE stuns should I have loaded? If fighting mana mobs always have mana tap loaded? Boon? I figure I need to grab gob ring for solo as well.

Thank you much - I'm really looking forward to playing him again!

DiogenesThaDogg
04-05-2019, 12:02 PM
I'm no chanter but I'm working on an enchanter and have been trying to get as much advice as I can. One enchanter I spoke to said he does his spell bar in the following way, starting with slot 1: mez, root, stun, stun, charm, swap, aoe mez, theft of thought. In the swap gem slot by default would be tash, and he swaps that out for c2, slow, etc as the situation requires. He didn't specify which situation this was for, but called it "his setup" so I would imagine it's versatile.

Baylan295
04-05-2019, 12:06 PM
I'm no chanter but I'm working on an enchanter and have been trying to get as much advice as I can. One enchanter I spoke to suggested I do my spell bar like this starting with slot 1: mez, root, stun, stun, charm, swap, aoe mez, theft of thought. In the swap gem slot by default would be tash, and he swaps that out for c2, slow, etc as the situation requires. I don't recall which setup he said this was for, but called it "his setup" so I would imagine it's versatile.

Get used to spell slot 1 for swap. It’s the most efficient, and as you get more advanced you will need to use it more. The rest are mostly preference. There are some philosophical decisions (one stun or two, which mez, etc) but after some personal preference it really becomes a situational decision.

snyder43
04-05-2019, 12:11 PM
My 56 enc has been shelved for a good bit now. I wanted to get his cha near maxed before I started him again, and I've managed to get 254 self buffed (+50 cha).

Coming back to him now, I was wondering if I could get some help on my spell bar in different scenarios.

-Solo

-Duo

-Group

Can I safely assume to leave lowest level mez, tash, and PE on my bar in all cases? What about AE mez? How many AE stuns should I have loaded? If fighting mana mobs always have mana tap loaded? Boon? I figure I need to grab gob ring for solo as well.

Thank you much - I'm really looking forward to playing him again!

As a 60 enc who mostly solos and duos, I run with:

1. Swap
2. Color Flux
3. Color Shift
4. Mesmerize
5. Mesmerization
6. Fetter
7. Blanket of Forgetfulness
8. Theft of Thought

My swaps are typically: Allure, Tash, Bedlam, Rune, Slow, C2, etc.

For warrior-type mobs I will swap out ToT for Boltran's. For level 51+ summoning mobs I swap out Blanket for Boltran's.

DiogenesThaDogg
04-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Get used to spell slot 1 for swap. It’s the most efficient, and as you get more advanced you will need to use it more. The rest are mostly preference. There are some philosophical decisions (one stun or two, which mez, etc) but after some personal preference it really becomes a situational decision.

Could you expand on why slot 1 is the best for swap? I figured lvl 4 mez was a good candidate for slot 1 because of breaking global cooldown. Or is that why I want slot 1 to be swap?

Baylan295
04-05-2019, 12:30 PM
Could you expand on why slot 1 is the best for swap? I figured lvl 4 mez was a good candidate for slot 1 because of breaking global cooldown. Or is that why I want slot 1 to be swap?

You can reduce the time on a swap by its cast time with a slot 1 swap. The reduction in GCR is great, but if you’re going to do that while leveling (like I did), I’d recommend root, which I cast WAY more than single target mez.

Nowadays I usually load out as slot 1 as a swap, but not always. It depends a lot on what I’m doing. The only real staples for me are #4-5 are stun and #6 is ToT when I have it up.

snyder43
04-05-2019, 12:50 PM
You can reduce the time on a swap by its cast time with a slot 1 swap. The reduction in GCR is great, but if you’re going to do that while leveling (like I did), I’d recommend root, which I cast WAY more than single target mez.

Nowadays I usually load out as slot 1 as a swap, but not always. It depends a lot on what I’m doing. The only real staples for me are #4-5 are stun and #6 is ToT when I have it up.

I had my top slot as root for most of my leveling, too. It worked really well when you sent your pet into a room with several mobs, backed it out, AoE mezed the group, and were able to get each one rooted before mez wore off.

Then again, I also did not have Blanket or ToT, so I had Tash and Slow memed most of the time, which greatly reduced the amount of Swapping I was doing.

Madbad
04-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Start slotting mem blur and thank me later.

Xaeophi
04-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Tash
Dazzle ( yes .. dazzle so when i mez shit i dont have to keep mezzing it)
Boltrans
ae stun
ae stun
Bedlam
Theft of thought ( if no caster mobs available, swap with blanket)
Slow swap with blanket if ToT is on bar.
For the most part this is what i roll with 9/10
in PoM i keep Rapture for slot 2
Mez somewhere on the bottom spell numbers for blurring pet to heal, or just to recharm.
I also boon + feedback pet cuz im on another level.

Izmael
04-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Tash
Lvl 4 single mez (cuz I like my spells cheap)
Fetter
Color Slant
AE mez
Swap slot
Charm if applicable (I guess 95% of the time?)
ToT if applicable, otherwise something like a 2nd stun, blanket or calm etc

Phenyo
04-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Tash
Lvl 4 single mez (cuz I like my spells cheap)
Fetter
Color Slant
AE mez
Swap slot
Charm if applicable (I guess 95% of the time?)
ToT if applicable, otherwise something like a 2nd stun, blanket or calm etc

This largely, but colour flux in place of the ae mez for an extremely fast stun into slant

Wallicker
04-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Not an enchanter but at 55+ Couldn’t ya just aoe mez everything it’s only 70 mana

Barlu
04-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Not an enchanter but at 55+ Couldn’t ya just aoe mez everything it’s only 70 mana

I agree with this 100%. I have either Mesmerizarion or Fascination on my bar at all times depending on where I am and don’t always have single target mez if I’m not worried about mana or efficiency. I also think you have to have 2 stuns up.

This was my Howling Stones solo setup 54-60 and not in order. Would swap Tash and lvl 4 mez for calm/nukes/buffs.

Stun
Stun
Aoe mez
Lvl 4 mez
Fetter
Tash (swap slot)
ToT if casters
Charm

richice
04-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Thanks all. I had a great time yesterday on 2nd floor of CoM with a cleric buddy - no deaths! All your comments really helped. The double stun, root/mez/charm combo worked well. Most of the time my mana didn't dip below 80. A few times, during multiple breaks, it'd fall to 20-40. A few questions:

- Is /d and mana tap the person you are dueling, an exploit? (I didn't use it as I had Boon of Garou loaded instead of ToT)

- I didn't use AOE mez since 2nd is easy, but I saw some of you say to use only that. Will I get mezed if I am in range of the AOE? Should I stack MR and hope for the best if I have to use AOE mez while I have mobs on top of me?

- I'd hit the pet with Feedback and Haste. When sitting at/near full mana, should I enjoy it? Rebuff mana buffs for the group? Nuke/dot? Attempt to chain pets when one starts to get low instead of CH?

Thanks again!

Negativ
04-06-2019, 12:33 PM
CH far more efficient than getting another pet and having to rebuff it while duo'ing. AoE mezz saves a spellbar slot, and most enchanters toward level 60 have a sufficient mana pool to support the mana cost. I can honestly say I don't ever recall NOT resisting the aoe mezz on myself.

As far as what to do if you're sitting at full mana, do whatever you need to to increase efficiency. With rogue charmed pets, I'll dip into melee range behind the slowed mob with bedlam and rune on, so that the mob turns around. Color flux, then color skew. Pet gets a couple backstabs off, etc. Rebuffing at full mana if you're sitting there is a good idea. Doesn't hurt to throw a nuke at it every now and then if you're actually full mana and nothing else to do in a duo.

DMN
04-06-2019, 02:42 PM
CH far more efficient than getting another pet and having to rebuff it while duo'ing. AoE mezz saves a spellbar slot, and most enchanters toward level 60 have a sufficient mana pool to support the mana cost. I can honestly say I don't ever recall NOT resisting the aoe mezz on myself.

As far as what to do if you're sitting at full mana, do whatever you need to to increase efficiency. With rogue charmed pets, I'll dip into melee range behind the slowed mob with bedlam and rune on, so that the mob turns around. Color flux, then color skew. Pet gets a couple backstabs off, etc. Rebuffing at full mana if you're sitting there is a good idea. Doesn't hurt to throw a nuke at it every now and then if you're actually full mana and nothing else to do in a duo.

That's probably because there is a level cap on the spell and you've been over it.

As a side note pre-fetter i often used the cheap root when soloing on my enchanter when I was still leveling/exping. So you can drop the pet, quickly root it. finish off whichever rooted one needs to die, and often one of them will take 2 nukes to finish. And if root breaks you should be able to refresh root before you get slapped.

Barlu
04-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Using /d for theft of thought is not an exploit as far as I know but more trouble than it is worth in my opinion.

As for AoE mez it’s just like mezzing mobs. You can mez mobs and yourself up to level 55. Once you ding 56 there is no risk of mezzing yourself. Just keep MR up and the chances of mezzing yourself are very low. Even if you do your stuns will be back up by the time it wears off.

One of the best things about AoE mez when soloing is that if your root and charm break at the same time you take a beating from both mobs but once they are mezzed you can root both mobs on top of each other. Assuming you are just doing a 1 on 1 fight this means both will be rooted once you break charm and you can nuke them both down without getting hit again.

At full mana I’ll refresh the shorter duration spells like C2 if I think to do it but otherwise I’m pretty lazy. Also, if you are with a cleric your going to be pulling pretty much non stop so that’s usually what I keep doing.

amznBrd
04-06-2019, 10:21 PM
Why do so many folks use blanket? There are so many mem blur options, is that the best? I actually don't find myself needing memblur hardly ever anyway, what am I missing?

55 enchanter, mostly duo with cleric or trio with cleric/monk, FWIW.

Baylan295
04-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Why do so many folks use blanket? There are so many mem blur options, is that the best? I actually don't find myself needing memblur hardly ever anyway, what am I missing?

55 enchanter, mostly duo with cleric or trio with cleric/monk, FWIW.

It works better.

amznBrd
04-07-2019, 02:02 PM
It works better.

OK, but whare you even using mem blurs for? Often enough that lots of folks dedicate a slot on their bar?

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 02:53 PM
OK, but whare you even using mem blurs for? Often enough that lots of folks dedicate a slot on their bar?

????

Any time you are killing a mob that can summon, when you are handling multiple mobs at once that have aggro or you need to clean up a really fucked up situation.

Baylan295
04-07-2019, 03:06 PM

When you get to killing summoning mobs, memblur is essential anytime charm breaks in order to get the mob off of you. Until summong mobs, it's probably completely unnecessary.

enjchanter
04-07-2019, 04:19 PM
You can swap in root, cooldown clicky and insta cast root

You cant do that with blanket
I tend to keep blur up full time and just root when needed

derblott
04-08-2019, 11:18 AM
When you get to killing summoning mobs, memblur is essential anytime charm breaks in order to get the mob off of you. Until summong mobs, it's probably completely unnecessary.

That makes sense. The golems in the hole are problematic because of this, but I guess it never occurred to me that mem blurs were reliable enough to give up the precious seconds needed to cast one. Sounds like maybe blanket actually is...?

Usually the summoner is slowed so I'm able to squeeze off a recharm with the pet stunned between summons. I'll try out blanket and see how it goes. What's your order of operations when charm breaks while fighting a summoning mob?

Negativ
04-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Slant, Boltran's pet back, shift / skew, memblur mob you are killing

derblott
04-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Slant, Boltran's pet back, shift / skew, memblur mob you are killing

If you can land a bunch of stuns and recharm anyway, at that point things are back under control and I haven't felt the need to blur the mob...

Is anyone using blur first to get the mob to STOP summoning? If stuns stick on him the recharm is pretty trivial anyway. It's the unstunnable summoning mobs that are a PITA, and seems like blur would be maybe useful to get some space for the re-charm. But if it fails you're screwed.

Negativ
04-08-2019, 12:25 PM
If your pet breaks and both are summoning mobs, I almost always get summoned by the mob after recharming pet. BM, PoM, etc. Definitely not undercontrol without blurring the summoning mob you were killing.

ricquire
04-08-2019, 01:38 PM
I do a lot of charming in chardok/SG on Red - tend to run..

Tash
TOT or Swap (won't keep TOT up if I know I am doing mostly melee spawns)
Root or Swap (either immobilize or root itself if I need a quick break)
Slow or Swap
Gate
Boltrans
Rapture if pvp expected, dazzle if not, kintaz if high level
Dictate

enjchanter
04-09-2019, 08:14 PM
If you can land a bunch of stuns and recharm anyway, at that point things are back under control and I haven't felt the need to blur the mob...

Is anyone using blur first to get the mob to STOP summoning? If stuns stick on him the recharm is pretty trivial anyway. It's the unstunnable summoning mobs that are a PITA, and seems like blur would be maybe useful to get some space for the re-charm. But if it fails you're screwed.

I mean you're not trying to blur the mob your charming, you're trying to blur the mob that

1) just lost all aggro your charm pet built
2) just ate 2 stuns
3) may not be stun able and is not going to leave you alone because of 1 and 2.

Blurring first is kindof a waste because you're just going to stun it again immediately after and waste the blur essentially

Barlu
04-09-2019, 10:45 PM
I mean you're not trying to blur the mob your charming, you're trying to blur the mob that

1) just lost all aggro your charm pet built
2) just ate 2 stuns
3) may not be stun able and is not going to leave you alone because of 1 and 2.

Blurring first is kindof a waste because you're just going to stun it again immediately after and waste the blur essentially

When dealing with an unstunnable Mob like BM I actually think it makes sense to blur as soon as you’ve got Tash and slow in. Between Tash and sometimes 2-3 slow attempts before getting it to land you’ve got a lot of built up Agro. If you blur prior to charm breaking your right you’ll build some up Agro stunning your pet but a hasted pet at that lvl will peel if off you very fast if it’s just stun Agro.

derblott
04-10-2019, 11:21 AM
When dealing with an unstunnable Mob like BM I actually think it makes sense to blur as soon as you’ve got Tash and slow in. Between Tash and sometimes 2-3 slow attempts before getting it to land you’ve got a lot of built up Agro. If you blur prior to charm breaking your right you’ll build some up Agro stunning your pet but a hasted pet at that lvl will peel if off you very fast if it’s just stun Agro.

This is kind of what I was going to say. A hasted, weaponized pet has never had any problem quickly grabbing aggro back, regardless of the sins I committed against the target.

I haven't done any fighting against Velious summoning mobs yet (only Kunark), is their behavior/aggro different?

yaateevoo
04-10-2019, 11:52 AM
If you calm pet before fight and calm the mob you're fighting, there's some chance that aoe blanket of forgetfulness on charm break resets the fight right? Does anyone try to make use of this?

Baylan295
04-10-2019, 11:53 AM
If you calm pet before fight and calm the mob you're fighting, there's some chance that aoe blanket of forgetfulness on charm break resets the fight right? Does anyone try to make use of this?

There’s a chance, but resetting the entire fight after you’re already taking hits seems silly. They’ll regen and you have to start from scratch down mana and hp/runes.

enjchanter
04-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Honestly I dont cast spells normally
So this question is kinda strange

Barlu
04-10-2019, 02:14 PM
This is kind of what I was going to say. A hasted, weaponized pet has never had any problem quickly grabbing aggro back, regardless of the sins I committed against the target.

I haven't done any fighting against Velious summoning mobs yet (only Kunark), is their behavior/aggro different?

I don’t think the Velious Agro mechanics are any different but the mobs hit harder. Brood Mother that I was referring to earlier doubles for 260 fast and backstabs for 700+. Your pet if using a spider doubles for 226(I think) and backstabs for 500+ which I think is the biggest difference. If you get an early break and you get summoned and eat a round and a backstab your going to be through your Bedlam and Rune. The faster the pet peels it off the less likely you are to get to low HP Agro because once that happens you are dead.

Like you said I think most of the time your pet will pick it up quick but when you are soloing a mob of that level it’s probably for loot and efficiency doesn’t matter you just want it dead. That’s why I’m always going to blur a mob like that as soon as tash and slow are in. I 100% think it helps your chances of winning the fight.

You don’t even need to calm your pet before the fight you can do it during the fight because it’s not considered detrimental so will land on a pet. If it’s a situation where one of the mobs can’t be stunned/mezzed or it’s a caster with dots like in HS then using Blanket to walk away from the fight is a viable strategy on a charm break. It works great in Velks because you don’t even need to calm since you are non-kos. You can make the case if you had time to cast blanket you could have gated which is true but some camps are annoying to get to like HS South and you have less risk you lose the camp if a named is up if you just blur.

yaateevoo
04-11-2019, 05:57 PM
I agree resetting the fight is much more convenient than gating, in the same way FDing is better than gating normally.

What is the best way of dealing with pet break when fighting mobs that summon and can't be stunned? Stun pet and hope you can boltran it whilst being hit by slowed mob?

Barlu
04-11-2019, 07:57 PM
I agree resetting the fight is much more convenient than gating, in the same way FDing is better than gating normally.

What is the best way of dealing with pet break when fighting mobs that summon and can't be stunned? Stun pet and hope you can boltran it whilst being hit by slowed mob?

On a break I’ll stun/stun/Beltran’s and I’ll also blur after I get it slowed. It’s usually not too bad to get the pet recharged during that time and the pet should pull Agro pretty quickly.

Another option depending on where you are, level of mob you are fighting, and if you can get a non summoning pet is to get your pet situated where you want to pull the mob to. Mez then tash and Root your pet with Fetter and then recharm. Pull mob on top of pet to get Agro off you. On a charm break get out of melee range of the pet and then Rapture the mob and recharm the pet. I think this was is just too much hassle but I’ve talked to other enchanters that swear by it.

Wallicker
04-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Enchanters What is the best spell to use to memblur?

Hibbs
04-11-2019, 11:31 PM

lvl 4 mez lul.

I use blanket even though I feel like it sucks. I think reoccurring amnesia is not working properly on P99.

wagorf
04-19-2019, 04:24 AM
i think its just easier to divide int tier 1 and tier 2 spells, tier 1 meaning u can consider constantly have them memmed, tier 2 means u can switch them in when needed

Tier 1: 2 stuns (1 short 1 long), fetter, lvl 4 mez, lvl 16 aoe mez, bedlam, and charm

Tier 2: tash, blanket, charm, tot, slow, etc.

Phenyo
04-20-2019, 10:51 AM

blanket or spam lv4 mez. Poster above is correct reoccuring is broken.