PDA

View Full Version : Venomous Axe on Bards?

bradsamma
04-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Alright! So I have a venomous axe on my bard with about 120 dex along with a jade mace and I'm trying to figure out which slot I should put which weapon in.

At low levels when bards get duel wield, I feel like the obvious answer at low levels when bards get duel wield is to go jade mace/venomous axe in the primary/secondary. Does this change at any point? (Or am I just wrong)

Also, how do procs work at very low duel wield levels? Am I still getting the offhand proc (using its equation) as frequently with a skill of 1 as I am at max skill?

Finally, as a bonus, what if anything causes bard songs to end other than stuns, missed notes, /stopsong, and death? I feel like my songs sometimes just end when I'm getting hit and there was no stun...

Jimjam
04-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Dw skill has no bearing on off hand procs. You'll still have a chance to proc even when dw fails to produce a swing.

Legidias
04-03-2019, 10:30 AM
It should be noted that off hand procs half as much as main hand though.

What song are you playing? If its a song that targets something, it will end when that thing dies (or zones). Are you hitting any keys? Depending on how its bound, hitting a spell gem key will stop it (I will go ahead and plug that using keys is better than a stopsong macro).

Missed notes won't cause your song to stop. Once you're playing a song, you won't get missed notes (those are basically fizzles from other classes).

bradsamma
04-03-2019, 10:48 AM
I'm using

/stopsong
/cast 1

What keys are you talking about?

I'm just twisting self haste and regen since interrupts from bash are so frequent.

Legidias
04-03-2019, 11:21 AM
It doesn't matter as much at low level, but stopsong macros waste a bit of time in server lag, so manual inputs will let you consistently twist 4+ songs better.

If you have F keys or # keys for your spell gems.

bradsamma
04-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Oh, so like hitting the default alt+1 twice?

Legidias
04-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Yes

Snaggles
04-03-2019, 12:29 PM
If low level you wont even have a damage bonus on your main hand swings. That means ratio > everything else.

The fact that the Jade Mace is a .5 ratio and the axe is a .4782 ratio means the faster MH wouldn't start to shine until you are in your 50's.

So basically 0-50'ish axe, upwards low/mid 50's Jade Mace.

Edit: From the wiki thread : https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

"The dmg*2 formula for autoattack is true until lvl 28 where you get 1 bonus damage every 3 levels to your main hand attack. So at level 50 you get 8 extra bonus damage"