PDA

View Full Version : Book of Frost

Xelum
04-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Can an Iksar loot this? Want to do the quest for fun, but notice on the wiki this book can't be looted by Iksar, but the other book can. Confirming if that is indeed still the case. Thank you!

Legidias
04-01-2019, 03:03 PM
What do you mean, can't be looted by Iksar?

Xelum
04-01-2019, 03:05 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Book_of_Frost

Says - Race: EDU DEF GNM

It doesn't have a slot, so I just don't want to spend the time camping it, have it drop, and not be able to pick it up.

momotion
04-01-2019, 03:16 PM
You want the final result which is words of darkness and IKS usable , u ever looted something that u wasn't able to use ????? A lot of item would rott if it was the case

DMN
04-01-2019, 03:19 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Book_of_Frost

Says - Race: EDU DEF GNM

It doesn't have a slot, so I just don't want to spend the time camping it, have it drop, and not be able to pick it up.

You can loot the book of frost just not equip it. You can equip the final quest reward as an iksar.

Xelum
04-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Thanks! Already been here a while and starting to have mental breakdowns. I just need to be sure it was all worth it.

DMN
04-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Ya that camp sucks. Took 6 hours for mine.

Tuurin
04-01-2019, 03:40 PM
To be clear, you'll never equip the Words of Darkness book either. But it's a handy little item in a bag slot to use as an indoors GCD refresh item.

Xelum
04-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Exactly, I just got confused when one book had it but the other did not. Figured it was fine, but had to be sure. 14 hours later when the book dropped, I STILL had a heart-attack when I was looting and the book wasn't going in my inventory. My "are you sure you want to loot this?", box was behind another window!

Funny that this old game still has me on my toes more than any of the new ones!

Hisamori
04-07-2019, 05:26 PM
That camp SUCKS ass (was there for a week at 3-4 hour stretches off and on). By the time I was done, I went from getting pumped seeing an icy goblin spawn to being deflated.

It's such a useful clicky indoors for resetting GCD, though. And Allure of Death is money for AFK medding with iksar because it is almost exactly offset by iksar regen when sitting from 20-49 so you won't lich to death.