PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Fascination

Splorf22
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
I cast this spell (L52 AE Mez) in the herbalist room in Guk. Results:

I (52 enchanter with 55MR at the time) resisted it.
The dar knight (L40-43 or so) resisted it.
The jin shaman (L46 or so) resisted it.
The jin shaman's PET (L27 or so) resisted it.

I hesitate to report this after only 1 attempt, but since Fascination is supposed to be low resist spell, I think its pretty likely something is wrong.

guineapig
04-05-2011, 02:05 PM
I used it a couple of times in the jail area in KC a few days ago. First time it landed on all 3 skeles as well as myself (I probably had around 100 MR at the time).

2nd time I used it it landed on 2 skeles (and I managed to stay well out of range this time).

So 2 rounds, 6 targets total, zero resists.

Sorry I don't have the levels or names of said mobs handy but I figured it wouldn't hurt to add. It seems if you just had really bad luck on those rolls. Or I just had really good luck.... but then why did I toll a 14 for the book of Obulus???

casdegere
04-05-2011, 02:07 PM
It helps the devs alot to include actual screen shots of these resists. I have encountered a high degree of Mez related resists but I have been trying to level up quickly and not much time for testing things out like I would like. I played a high level chanter on Live. If mezzes are being resisted alot in places like Trak, CoM or Seb, i'm sure there is going to be studies done as alot of Resists spells disaster in these places where I could function very well with very few resists. Level 27 mobs resisting level 52 mez is cause for concern however. :confused:

Splorf22
04-06-2011, 01:21 AM
I was mainly shocked that the super green shaman pet resisted my low resist mez. But its possible I just got a really amazing string of bad luck from the random number generator. I don't AE mez much so I don't have a lot of attempts for comparison.