PDA

View Full Version : Summoned pet with charmed pets

Vyanie
03-12-2019, 09:51 PM
Was this a change on purpose from classic? I do remember having both a charmed pet and a summoned pet on a Necro at the same time, even having a charmed pet buffing my summoned pet. Trying to figure out if this change on p1999 was intended or a bug.

Goodest
03-15-2019, 03:14 PM
you could also dire charm woshi in WL as a 65 druid with AA points and zone with pets also... for about 3 days...which means it was a bug some where. Classic is one pet and only one pet in the later times you could buy mercs and have multiple pets.

DMN
03-15-2019, 07:28 PM
Actually there used to be a way to get 2 pets. You'd have a mob charm your pet. then go and charm another pet. Dispel the charm on the original pet you now have 2 pets for as long as the charm will last. I think one of them would function as an enchanter pet, though. So not very useful all around. I don't know how long it existed but was fixed at some point.

Vyanie
03-15-2019, 07:55 PM
I never played with mercs. As a necro i had charmed undead pets while having a pet out and used 2 pets at once, this was from release and until after kunark. I remember this specifically because there were pets that would buff my summoned pet and myself.

Goodest
03-18-2019, 02:08 PM
i played from release on live to PoP.... I Dont remember this even playing an enchanter and necro to mid 50's.

Bristlebaner
03-18-2019, 03:09 PM
EverQuest has always had a one pet limit regardless of whether that is a charmed or summoned. You are remembering incorrectly.