PDA

View Full Version : Economy, spells, etc - thinking about Red

PatriotPanda
03-07-2019, 10:20 PM
Giving serious consideration to trying out Red as my primary home. Given the experience boost and apparent lack of players compared to Blue, I'm a little concerned on affording spells / gear / etc.

Can anyone from Red shed some light on that for me? Those xp boosts are huge and attractive, but I fear out-leveling my capacity to support myself.

Thanks in advance,

Panda

White_knight
03-07-2019, 10:42 PM
People will give you most spells for free: besides malo/pox/vog/torpor/druid mana regen spells (mask of hunter erc.)

They are desperate for new players and if your buy in point to spending your gaming time on red99 is a 500pp POTG scroll than you dont need to worry about that.

PatriotPanda
03-07-2019, 10:44 PM
Thanks for that WK. What about just normal stuff - ordinary spells etc? Or is that similar to blue?

White_knight
03-07-2019, 10:47 PM
If you play people will give you stuff - plat, PLs, spells, items.

The player bases' desperation for new blood will deliver you with many gifts along the way.

PatriotPanda
03-07-2019, 10:47 PM
Duly noted - thank you sir.

Gustoo
03-16-2019, 02:54 AM
Think about this...the fungi is probably camped 24 / 7 like it is everywhere.

You are allowed to 2 box red and blue

No one plays red

Boxes of fungis sitting around.

Boxes of everything sitting around.

El Camacho
03-16-2019, 06:30 PM
Can anyone from Red shed some light on that for me?

Some of the people answering your questions don't actually play on red. They are better off answering your questions about EC tunnel farming.

As for red:
Expect to go from 1-60, still be in rags and missing spells.
None of that will prevent you from getting groups or raids.
There isn't much of an economy, but you can still find things to fill in spots.
because of that most don't care about 90% of the drops and they are vendored or given away.

People are generally pretty chill and all the equipment/spells work itself out.
Even most epic weapons are very achievable.

If you are an autistic crybaby, people will make your time here miserable.
If you are chill you can make some pals and gains.

ducktv
03-16-2019, 08:51 PM
Giving serious consideration to trying out Red as my primary home. Given the experience boost and apparent lack of players compared to Blue, I'm a little concerned on affording spells / gear / etc.

Can anyone from Red shed some light on that for me? Those xp boosts are huge and attractive, but I fear out-leveling my capacity to support myself.

Thanks in advance,

Panda

Don’t even fucking think of playing on red

Tassador
03-17-2019, 02:50 PM
Imagine being so terrible at a game 20 years old that you're asking for help for spell money cause you level to fast?

Can they just turn pvp off on red and let it get 500 scrubs playing on it already? The people who play are blue as fuck and possibly mentally diseased. Just saying same shit multiple hours a week 7 years in...

Izmael
03-17-2019, 02:56 PM
- Spends years farming noobs on fungied overtwinked alts
- Calls people blue

Tassador
03-17-2019, 03:00 PM
- Spends years farming noobs on fungied overtwinked alts
- Calls people blue

I mean are you being real? Do you also need help buying spells cause you level too fast? How is that not a red flag for terrible at a 20 year old game?

and fuck yeah the fun part of eq was making sure cats like that couldn't grow here. THATS OVER AND STILL NO ONE PLAYS! So goog one brah...

ducktv
03-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Listen here you low level piece of SHIT, don’t even think of playing here.

Izmael
03-18-2019, 04:01 AM
I mean are you being real? Do you also need help buying spells cause you level too fast? How is that not a red flag for terrible at a 20 year old game?

and fuck yeah the fun part of eq was making sure cats like that couldn't grow here. THATS OVER AND STILL NO ONE PLAYS! So goog one brah...

You missed the point.

Farming helpless noobs is the bluest playstyle there can possibly be - trying to look mean while never actually running any danger.

Victory without risk brings triumph without glory.

Tassador
03-18-2019, 06:28 AM
You missed the point.

Farming helpless noobs is the bluest playstyle there can possibly be - trying to look mean while never actually running any danger.

Victory without risk brings triumph without glory.

I think you missed the point. Farming shitty players off the server was the thing to do. Who the fuck wants to play with leveling too fast need spell money guy. The blue shit to do is help those fuckers grow into nothings like 95% of the blue server and you.

Izmael
03-18-2019, 06:39 AM
You sound upset, I must have hurt your feelings.

I'm sorry you get mad easily on the internet.

Maybe if you kill 1000 more noobs who have no idea what they are doing, somebody somewhere will finally think you are cool.

kotton05
03-18-2019, 07:14 AM
Don’t even fucking think of playing on red

Tassador
03-18-2019, 07:52 AM
You sound upset, I must have hurt your feelings.

I'm sorry you get mad easily on the internet.

Maybe if you kill 1000 more noobs who have no idea what they are doing, somebody somewhere will finally think you are cool.

What are you even talking about lol? I never played eq to be cool man or care what others think. I just played to make sure this became a vast wasteland for people like yourself.

Got boards covered enjoy pops.

Kohedron
03-18-2019, 08:56 AM
What's to think about? It's basically your own personal server until you get to level 50 and then the 10 snotty snaggletooths come out to play

PatriotPanda
03-18-2019, 09:25 AM
What's to think about? It's basically your own personal server until you get to level 50 and then the 10 snotty snaggletooths come out to play

Seems to be the case so far. Think wife and I have run across 3 people total so far, all in Unrest.

At the risk of feeding the adorably angry Trollol, it will be entertaining to YT him whenever we're at that point. (oh no, please don't spam me with annoying and angry text Tass!)

Grumpy old fucks like him existed on live in '99 and I'm happy that they're still around. They're a part of the EQ community / boards (read: keyboard warriors) - a dysfunctional & pariah part of the community - but a part nonetheless.

Stay angry you grumpy fucks. Your hate keeps me entertained.

Ruhtar
03-18-2019, 09:49 AM
I think you missed the point. Farming shitty players off the server was the thing to do. Who the fuck wants to play with leveling too fast need spell money guy. The blue shit to do is help those fuckers grow into nothings like 95% of the blue server and you.

Ohhh so that's why red died.

Tassador
03-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Ohhh so that's why red died.

No man it’s the same game 7 years in. Blue people never grow here.

funnland
03-18-2019, 02:37 PM
The Red Server should be called the "Purple" Server. Technically PVP is enabled, but it is more of a PVE server at this point. There is very little meaningful PVP, if any at all.

Eventually, there will be more people from Blue playing on Red simply because there is less contention for the content. Anyone serious about PVP has either quit entirely, or moved to RoZ.

snyder43
03-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Seems to be the case so far. Think wife and I have run across 3 people total so far, all in Unrest.

Have you joined <Sanctuary> yet? It's a great guild for finding groups from levels 1-55.

Izmael
03-18-2019, 04:15 PM
Red was certainly home to some serious snowflakes.

I have fond memories of Bestow boxing some melee and "his wife's" cleric in CoM and letting anyone join in and leech some exp if and only if you'd let him YT you first.

Izmael
03-18-2019, 04:18 PM
But nothing ever came close to Salaryman performing dwarf rolls in chimneys (??) during his stand up comedy performances.

ducktv
03-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Red is off limits you little piece of garbage. I have twenty fungus twinks ready to ruin your experience.