PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Feign Death in Cobalt Scar

playing4peace
03-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Bound in Plane of Mischief, I often hammer othmir shell collectors and have discovered a repeatable thing that I believe should not exist...

All mobs I've tested so far in CS (this includes othmir, wyverns, and sharks) never believe FD if cast in melee range. I always have to move well out of melee engagement.

Even if I start casting while out of melee range, if the mob gets back within melee range (even if they miss like the sharks tend to)... just being with melee range they do not acknowledge FD (successful cast - no "fallen to the ground" message and the image of me laying there... getting beat to death while FD).

I have to run far enough away to cast FD to completion BEFORE the mob catches up (gets within melee range) in order for the mob to believe the FD and lose aggro.

I don't experience this (to my knowledge) in any other zone but CS.

evilkorn
03-07-2019, 07:31 PM
I think it works like monks where you have to turn attack off, then cast FD if you are meleeing.

Ankou
03-07-2019, 10:22 PM
Auto attack will definitely make Necro FD fail. /assist is ranked in my top ten reasons to die.

playing4peace
03-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Thanks for feedback will test next time I have to FD out of hammering.

Cilraaz
03-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Auto attack will definitely make Necro FD fail. /assist is ranked in my top ten reasons to die.

'/assist off' should make it so you don't auto-attack on assist.

ducktv
03-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Just tested this on a necro, SK, shaman, and monk, and FD is working as normal, aka totally fine. Move to resolved

OP is a fucking idiot

aaezil
03-08-2019, 10:04 PM
Filed under bad at eq