PDA

View Full Version : Shaman & Druid duo

Carkle Jackson
03-04-2019, 09:14 AM
I have a 55 shaman. My friend has a 55 druid. Where would be some good places to take them to duo? I’m looking for primarily Velious locales. We attempted this back in the Kunark days with only marginal success.

Rygar
03-04-2019, 09:25 AM
Assuming cobalt scar is the place to go. Maybe some western waste potential since there are animals there?

elwing
03-04-2019, 09:50 AM
PoM

Legidias
03-04-2019, 09:57 AM
Velks is an easy place for you two.

Also, DN (spiders)

aaezil
03-04-2019, 10:05 AM
somewhere the druid can charm otherwise will be pretty useless duo

TomisFeline
03-04-2019, 10:24 AM
druid must be charming or you guys can go for a fear snare dot thang

bigjeff100
03-04-2019, 10:54 AM
Take that druid and go get a camp in Chardok!!! That place is a paradise for Druids now!!!

Crede
03-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Take that druid and go get a camp in Chardok!!! That place is a paradise for Druids now!!!

Was my thought as well. OP, if you couldn't hack it pre-velious, it's not gonna get any easier. Focus on slowing everything, keep the druids charm pet buffed/malo'd/hasted, and head to kedge(if mermaids still give xp)/chardok/perma bear pits.

bigjeff100
03-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Druid could grab a dog from inside Kael too, and you 2 could slay some giants?

Crede
03-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Druid could grab a dog from inside Kael too, and you 2 could slay some giants?

I wouldn't recommend attempting. Level range of these guys are 52-56. Gonna have crazy amounts of breaks. Even 60 druids on raids will struggle holding this as a pet with malo.

bigjeff100
03-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Malo and Glamor of Tunare wouldn't lower MR to a decent amount?

bigjeff100
03-04-2019, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't recommend attempting. Level range of these guys are 52-56. Gonna have crazy amounts of breaks. Even 60 druids on raids will struggle holding this as a pet with malo.

You're right tho.. haha

loramin
03-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Malo and Glamor of Tunare wouldn't lower MR to a decent amount?

They don't stack (or at least I'm pretty sure they don't, having failed to land Glamour on Maloed mobs on raids).

bigjeff100
03-04-2019, 02:32 PM
They don't stack (or at least I'm pretty sure they don't, having failed to land Glamour on Maloed mobs on raids).

Dangit!!!!!

Erati
03-04-2019, 02:50 PM

This is completely false as Glamour lowers magic only (tash line) and Malo lowers all resists. They stack the same as Malo/Tash stack. Tash and glamour do not stack though, which likely what you saw on the raid.

Druids charm in The Dok just fine if you target the lower level dogs.

loramin
03-04-2019, 02:51 PM
Tash and glamour do not stack though

Ah that makes sense: I knew my Glamour got blocked on raids, but I blamed it on the Malo when I should have blamed Tash.

DMN
03-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Druids are really underrated on charming teams, even if they aren't charming themselves. You can keep the pets permanently snared so you can safely boost them up with max haste/weapons and not worry about them instagibbing the charmer when the break comes.

Waedawen
03-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Chardok chokdai, Western Wastes (my buddy and I used to duo the not-crazy dragons) albeit we were level 60, and Wakening would be good if you guys want money with some xp flow

if you guys want to focus XP since you're 55 I'd recommend the bear pits in permafrost (since you can easily escape and bank and stuff) and maybe just root dotting duct crawlers in sol b. you guys could even start duoing frogs in sebilis and get your own group started as soon as you find a melee, or just keep rocking duo.

if you ever end up charming, you need to make sure you have a (1) really sweet DD pet weapon (I like Nature's Wrath) and savage spirit or you're losing basically half your dps since animals can't dual weild. Negative Magic Resist pet equipment is also invaluable for druid, the charms become extremely sticky and without a source of clarity, losing mana on re-charm is a serious pain in the ass. Make sure you get at least -20 in equipment if you plan to grind for a long time, more if you can afford it. Also, always assume you're going to lose your pet stuff, so don't buy anything you're not willing to lose.

bigjeff100
03-04-2019, 06:26 PM
Ah that makes sense: I knew my Glamour got blocked on raids, but I blamed it on the Malo when I should have blamed Tash.

Get your Tash outta my way Loramin!! :)

Carkle Jackson
03-04-2019, 07:06 PM
Assuming cobalt scar is the place to go. Maybe some western waste potential since there are animals there?

I have done some Cobalt Scar but I don't remember animals there for him to charm. Which animals were you thinking?

Carkle Jackson
03-04-2019, 07:08 PM
PoM

What makes PoM so great? I went there once on my cleric to rez a guildie. He guided men the whole way and then I got the hell out of there. What should we focus on?

Carkle Jackson
03-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Velks is an easy place for you two.

Also, DN (spiders)

Everybody suggests that he should charm. What is there to charm in Velks and DN?

Carkle Jackson
03-04-2019, 07:11 PM

What makes Chardok a paradise for druids?

Carkle Jackson
03-04-2019, 07:13 PM
Was my thought as well. OP, if you couldn't hack it pre-velious, it's not gonna get any easier. Focus on slowing everything, keep the druids charm pet buffed/malo'd/hasted, and head to kedge(if mermaids still give xp)/chardok/perma bear pits.

We were able to hack it. We just did not enjoy the camp options pre-Velious.

pasi
03-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Efreeti w/ a bat might be one of your best exp options (ok cash too) at 55.

In general, Velious stuff is going to have way more HP (and thus worse exp) than Classic/Kunark.

Carkle Jackson
03-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Most people are extolling the importance of the druid charming. Nobody has mentioned sirens grotto. Lots of animals. Would that be worth attempting?

pasi
03-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Sirens Grotto would be a good place for y'all to go if you're looking to hit 54 sometime soon.

White_knight
03-04-2019, 07:24 PM
I saw a Druid and Shaman duo in Chardok the other day - looked fun!!

Legidias
03-04-2019, 07:29 PM
More efficient to charm, I said easy lol. Spiders in velks and DN are easily root rotted especially with double dots.

Carkle Jackson
03-04-2019, 08:30 PM
More efficient to charm, I said easy lol. Spiders in velks and DN are easily root rotted especially with double dots.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

loramin
03-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Efreeti w/ a bat might be one of your best exp options (ok cash too) at 55.

In general, Velious stuff is going to have way more HP (and thus worse exp) than Classic/Kunark.

Efreeti actually might be a really good option. I only say that because it's a known Shaman solo camp (at 60 with Torpor, and maybe at 58-59 with a Fungi), and a known Druid charming spot, so you have a location specifically known to be good for both classes, and you know it's a bit harder than either of you can solo ... plus it's in the old world with low HP mobs and some decent (not great) loot.

The only other places that people have mentioned which I've heard recommended for both classes is PoM and Chardok, but PoM is all about charming rats in the maze for Druids, and personally I had a hard enough time finding rats for just one person let alone two. Chardok is a classic but I went Chardok faction on Lora so I can't for sure say it's good for Shaman ... but based on others' reports I'm like 95% sure. If I were duoing my Shaman with my Druid (magically; they're on the same account) I'd try Efreeti or Chardok first myself.

P.S. There's a mini-guide to doing Efreeti written by the departed Iruinedyourday that you might find useful if you go: http://wiki.project1999.com/Nagafen%27s_Lair_Efreeti_Room

zodium
03-05-2019, 05:15 AM
Efreeti actually might be a really good option. I only say that because it's a known Shaman solo camp (at 60 with Torpor, and maybe at 58-59 with a Fungi), and a known Druid charming spot, so you have a location specifically known to be good for both classes, and you know it's a bit harder than either of you can solo ... plus it's in the old world with low HP mobs and some decent (not great) loot.

The only other places that people have mentioned which I've heard recommended for both classes is PoM and Chardok, but PoM is all about charming rats in the maze for Druids, and personally I had a hard enough time finding rats for just one person let alone two. Chardok is a classic but I went Chardok faction on Lora so I can't for sure say it's good for Shaman ... but based on others' reports I'm like 95% sure. If I were duoing my Shaman with my Druid (magically; they're on the same account) I'd try Efreeti or Chardok first myself.

P.S. There's a mini-guide to doing Efreeti written by the departed Iruinedyourday that you might find useful if you go: http://wiki.project1999.com/Nagafen%27s_Lair_Efreeti_Room

What? Efreeti isn't a "known Druid charm spot", in fact it hasn't a single animal. PoM isn't all about charming rats in the rat maze. There are no rats in the rat maze. Ratmen are not animals and cannot be charmed by druids.

Look Lora, please have a seat here. All your friends are here, and we all love you. But we'd like to have a talk about your addiction to "confabulating EverQuest game advice," and just tell you how that has affected all of us. It was one thing when you wrote that guide telling shamans a global cooldown clear item probably isn't strictly necessary, but this is going too far. This is a safe space. We're just worried about you. :o

Swish2
03-05-2019, 06:15 AM
I like Loramin's guides and advice, where's your contribution to the community?

zodium
03-05-2019, 06:41 AM
My favorite part of Loraguides is when he says something trivially wrong, but still pretends like it comes from personal experience and not half remembered third hand information.

Tortok
03-05-2019, 07:06 AM
PoM is great but a bit crowded lately. Get McStinkles from atop since rats are humanoid and cannot be charmed by druids as already stated.

For Efreeti it's bring your own bat. Keep it alive since you ll have to run a bit to get a new one. No animals at efreeti.

Carkle Jackson
03-05-2019, 09:18 AM
What is there for a druid to charm in Chardok?

Legidias
03-05-2019, 09:22 AM
All the little dino doggies

Carkle Jackson
03-05-2019, 09:24 AM
All the little dino doggies

Thanks Legidias. I am not sure why it never crossed my mind that those could be charmed by a druid. Makes perfect sense though.

bigjeff100
03-05-2019, 11:21 AM
What makes Chardok a paradise for druids?

Well since it's revamp it has all that awesome loot!!
Druids can charm the little stegasaurus dinosaurs!
Druid/shaman can stack Malo and Glamour, making charming easy.
Being able to evac to zoneline when shit hits the fan is a nice oh shit option.
Druids just have the tools needed for a good time in Chardok!
Watch captain/Bridge keeper was an awesome camp myself and another shaman duo'd.

Erati
03-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Well since it's revamp it has all that awesome loot!!
Druids can charm the little stegasaurus dinosaurs!
Druid/shaman can stack Malo and Glamour, making charming easy.
Being able to evac to zoneline when shit hits the fan is a nice oh shit option.
Druids just have the tools needed for a good time in Chardok!
Watch captain/Bridge keeper was an awesome camp myself and another shaman duo'd.

Praise druids and theyre amazing plethora of useful abilities!!

bigjeff100
03-05-2019, 11:52 AM

Praise Druids!!!

loramin
03-05-2019, 12:10 PM
What? Efreeti isn't a "known Druid charm spot", in fact it hasn't a single animal. PoM isn't all about charming rats in the rat maze. There are no rats in the rat maze. Ratmen are not animals and cannot be charmed by druids.

Look Lora, please have a seat here. All your friends are here, and we all love you. But we'd like to have a talk about your addiction to "confabulating EverQuest game advice," and just tell you how that has affected all of us. It was one thing when you wrote that guide telling shamans a global cooldown clear item probably isn't strictly necessary, but this is going too far. This is a safe space. We're just worried about you. :o

We're all human, and we all have only so much time on each character. And while we're not all stoners ... I am, and my memory is far from perfect. I'll be the first to admit it, and often (but not always, and this is my bad) I say as much and couch my suggestions in "I think" or "I believe" or something.

In this case I did PoM on my Shaman, so I didn't know the ratmen weren't charmable; I remembered the rat maze was a druid spot in the Per-Level guide, and forgot this line (because again, I haven't taken my Druid there): "Skunks are animals for druid charming, the rat men are not". And now that I'm writing this it makes no sense to me, because I don't remember ever seeing skunks in the maze, so there's something to update in the guide ...

As for Efreeti I could have sworn I'd heard of people charming those bats, but I guess my stoner memory was mistaken on that too.

My favorite part of Loraguides is when he says something trivially wrong, but still pretends like it comes from personal experience and not half remembered third hand information.

The Per-Level guide currently has 246 different hunting spots and the Treasure guide has ... more (I need to add a counter). It's really, really hard for one person to compile a resource that comprehensive from 100% personal experience. It's even harder/impossible if that person is a stoner like myself.

So, a great deal of what's in the guide is based on forum posts, other guides, etc., and yes it's all written with the same style. If I get one thing trivially wrong and make it sound like experience it's not because I intended to, but because I created a guide with 100% consistent style, 99% accurate information, and I'm human and got a small trivial thing wrong using that consistent style.

You get what you get with me. A hard-working wiki editor who has wasted literally hundreds of hours of his life trying to put useful info together in one place on the wiki so that there's a definitive answer to questions like "where should I go when looking for a place to hunt?" or "what buffs can I stack to get the most Wisdom?" ... and also a stoner who chimes in on the forums with the occasional half-baked not-remembered-perfectly-correctly post. If the sum of my contributions isn't net positive (I'd like to hope they are, but if not) just skip the guides.

P.S.

Praise Druids!!!

Siberious
03-05-2019, 12:35 PM
He wasn't saying there are are skunks in the maze (there aren't), he was saying there are the 2 up near entrance before you jump down that you can harmony/charm and bring it down with you.

loramin
03-05-2019, 12:39 PM
He wasn't saying there are are skunks in the maze (there aren't), he was saying there are the 2 up near entrance before you jump down that you can harmony/charm and bring it down with you.

Right, I was referring to what the guide said, not what he said. I was saying the Per-Level Hunting Guide has an entry for "Rats in rat maze" which then says "Skunks are animals for druid charming, the rat men are not". That makes it sound like the guide is saying that there are skunks in the rat maze, when there aren't, so all I was saying was that I need to fix the guide to be clearer.

EDIT:

It now says:

the rats in the maze aren't charmable, but you can charm a skunk above and bring it down.

Erati
03-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Those skunks are not great pets tbh theyre pretty squishy but theyre a good choice for learning PoM druid charming.

heres a tip that can be added to wiki: McStinkles is the preferred skunk out of those two bc he will never be of summoning level, McSprayel however is always summoning level. So while Stinkles isnt that sturdy of a tank, he will never summon you on breaks which is important information for learning what to charm.

Double also the Gorillas in PoM generally have high MR and are a pain to keep charmed, avoid using them, even A1 Glonk.

loramin
03-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Those skunks are not great pets tbh theyre pretty squishy but theyre a good choice for learning PoM druid charming.

heres a tip that can be added to wiki: McStinkles is the preferred skunk out of those two bc he will never be of summoning level, McSprayel however is always summoning level. So while Stinkles isnt that sturdy of a tank, he will never summon you on breaks which is important information for learning what to charm.

Double also the Gorillas in PoM generally have high MR and are a pain to keep charmed, avoid using them, even A1 Glonk.

I was going to say "thanks I'll add that to the guide" ... but then someone went and did it for me :D

https://i.imgur.com/N0RmTdX.jpg

Carkle Jackson
03-05-2019, 04:22 PM

https://i.imgur.com/fkF9w6m.gif
https://i.imgur.com/y8y7WK9.gif
https://i.imgur.com/4U75sRP.gif
https://i.imgur.com/a3gzMaR.gif
https://i.imgur.com/kMZfXei.gif
https://i.imgur.com/2Z1wchz.gif

Not_Mikeo
03-05-2019, 04:55 PM
I tell people I do drugs and hope they'll think I'm cool!

Oleris
03-05-2019, 05:00 PM
just do bear pits. shaman can slow and toss on some dots.

Erati
03-05-2019, 05:12 PM
just do bear pits. shaman can slow and toss on some dots.

nothing more boring than watching two white bears maul each other for seemingly eons while surrounded by white textured floors and walls.

Bear pits was not for me, yuck.

bigjeff100
03-05-2019, 05:13 PM
nothing more boring than watching two white bears maul each other for seemingly eons while surrounded by white textured floors and walls.

Beat pits are gross.. Definitely avoided this joint as well. For a duo, find something to kill with loot involved!!!!

Erati
03-05-2019, 05:18 PM
Beat pits are gross.. Definitely avoided this joint as well. For a duo, find something to kill with loot involved!!!!

Another big turn off for the pits for me was it’s indoors. Druids leveling in a dungeon is just sooo limiting, its frustrating not having access to sow or harmony, hell you cant even invis at low levels indoors.

Stay away from the closed-in ceilings leveling druids! You’ll be gasping for fresh air within seconds.

bigjeff100
03-05-2019, 05:22 PM
Another big turn off for the pits for me was it’s indoors. Druids leveling in a dungeon is just sooo limiting, its frustrating not having access to sow or harmony, hell you cant even invis at low levels indoors.

Stay away from the closed-in ceilings leveling druids! You’ll be gasping for fresh air within seconds.

Yeah i'm not sure i'd drag somebody down with me if i had to go to bearpits haha.. Seems like a pretty mean thing to do to a friend.

loramin
03-05-2019, 05:26 PM
I tell people I do drugs and hope they'll think I'm cool!

I see it more as me being a flawed human being with flawed memory as a result (in part) from doing drugs (to be fair my memory sucked long before I ever started smoking) ... and I'm just admitting as much. But you read what you want into it. If the cool kids who smoked pot at your high school gave you swirlies, by all means project that on to an Internet stranger you've never met: I can take it ;)

This is very true, but ... having gone from like 54 to 60 there over the course of like a month (and then, even at 60, finding relatively few options for earning safety XP) I have to say that despite all its flaws, it's very difficult to match the leveling speed of the pits.

Erati
03-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Well for example raptors is probably better however thats a lot more popular in general.

loramin
03-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Well for example raptors is probably better however thats a lot more popular in general.

Well even putting your chances of getting the camp aside (because bear pits are pretty popular too), I'd be very curious to see stats, if anyone has them, on XP/hour, from quadding raptors or anything else vs. charming bears. Both would have to factor in deaths as both are pretty risky.

My suspicion is that bear pits would be roughly the same XP, but it's hard to say for sure.

bigjeff100
03-05-2019, 06:46 PM
Othmirs Othmirs Othmirs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pelts, 1k a stack. Velious gems. Crustacean armor?! Thats a lot of loot.. Chances are good you'll get one of the 3 items on each kill!! All you need is harmony, snare, and your AE DD! It's outside, full use of your spells! Close to a dragon ring... You can port people for additional income!

And lets be honest.. The Othmirs have the best music in the game!!!!

pasi
03-05-2019, 07:01 PM
I change my vote to blackburrow fangs.

Carkle Jackson
03-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Raptors can be druid charmed?

Erati
03-05-2019, 11:13 PM
Raptors can be druid charmed?

Not anymore, they are now strictly a quad spot for druids, and one that will take you to lvl 60 tho 59 is a grind out there.

Crede
03-06-2019, 01:32 AM

Not sure how it's limiting when this is the best solo xp for druid in the game 50+. Pretty easy to port out and refresh sow and gate back, and harmony is not needed if you know what you're doing. It's like the only part of a dungeon that was truly designed for druids, even more than Kedge. Druids are actually lucky they get such a convenient spot to level since 50+ is a bottleneck for most classes.

Erati
03-06-2019, 01:57 AM
Not sure how it's limiting when this is the best solo xp for druid in the game 50+. Pretty easy to port out and refresh sow and gate back, and harmony is not needed if you know what you're doing. It's like the only part of a dungeon that was truly designed for druids, even more than Kedge. Druids are actually lucky they get such a convenient spot to level since 50+ is a bottleneck for most classes.

Rather be outside quadding somewhere.

I do love Kedge though, Kedge >>>>. Bear pits all day everyday.

Tethler
03-06-2019, 04:25 AM

Yeah, I did 52-57 there on my druid. Druid been sittin at 57 for 2 years now. I'm still bound there. Every time I gate back to start grinding it's either already camped, or I get the camp and stop after 1-2 cycles because I start falling asleep. One of these days I'll be able to cast PotG....one of these days..

bigjeff100
03-06-2019, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I did 52-57 there on my druid. Druid been sittin at 57 for 2 years now. I'm still bound there. Every time I gate back to start grinding it's either already camped, or I get the camp and stop after 1-2 cycles because I start falling asleep. One of these days I'll be able to cast PotG....one of these days..

Haha hang in there for 1 more level.. Get first of karana and move to otters!!! I don't know how it's even debatable between otters and bears? Lower 50's sure, roll bears. Higher 50's, no reason not to be quadding the otters. Absolute freedom to do what druids to best.

Erati
03-06-2019, 11:38 AM
Haha hang in there for 1 more level.. Get first of karana and move to otters!!! I don't know how it's even debatable between otters and bears? Lower 50's sure, roll bears. Higher 50's, no reason not to be quadding the otters. Absolute freedom to do what druids to best.

This guy gets it.

Love a good druid talk thread.

Happy Hump Day, Hierophants!

bigjeff100
03-06-2019, 11:49 AM
This guy gets it.

Love a good druid talk thread.

Happy Hump Day, Hierophants!

https://i.imgur.com/VxvGbVY.jpg

Crede
03-06-2019, 12:01 PM

Do best? Naw. Druids are wannabe quadders.

Never liked quadding until I played a Wizard. Infinitely more fun tagging mobs with flux staff, way better quads + evo spec, and mana regen while leveling. Get hit while gathering? Meh, np, epic absorbs that. Can round up mobs in a matter of seconds, vs having to snare all 4 until 57. Flux staff no doubt my favorite clicky in p99.

Wizard <3

spoof2424
03-06-2019, 12:10 PM
Gatmanno the high of uncredited student behind school doing robot dance, Loramin stoned Bradley Cooper... No wait, his name is.. James Franco.

Erati
03-06-2019, 01:54 PM

Never liked quadding until I played a Wizard. Infinitely more fun tagging mobs with flux staff, way better quads + evo spec, and mana regen while leveling. Get hit while gathering? Meh, np, epic absorbs that. Can round up mobs in a matter of seconds, vs having to snare all 4 until 57. Flux staff no doubt my favorite clicky in p99.

Wizard <3

This is false and fake news. One word for you my friend: ensare. It lasts over ten min meaning your quad will never be unsnared coming at you. A wizards snare, while conveniently snares 4 targets at once, lasts like 5 min which is a big deal if you are truely grinding meaning starting quads at less than full mana when your mobs pop.

Many times have had the duration of wizard snare fck me over in a quad.

Druid > Wizard, sorry.

Rygar
03-06-2019, 02:09 PM

Wizard <3

Guessing not everyone has that luxury while EXP leveling...

bigjeff100
03-06-2019, 02:13 PM

Wizard <3

I can respect everything you say.. But in my examples, i'm talking about othmirs specifically. Which you can't quad cause the shamans and named need to be harmonied. At 58, a druid would have their latest and greatest AE, and they would clearly have bonds of tunare.. Which i never use cause 1.8 snare is poop.. So i'm glad you found a toon you prefer over druid. But your introduction sentence isn't needed..

What your post is really saying is- I like wizards for quadding better due to flux staff and epic..

Erati
03-06-2019, 02:39 PM
What your post is really saying is- I like wizards for quadding better due to flux staff and epic..

Epic, as Rygar points out, would be very unlikely to have access to as your avg wizard quad leveler. Also the Flux staff is great for aggro ing mobs sure, but you still have got to gather them up and snare. Due to the terrible duration of wizard snare, you have to wait til all 4 of your mobs are stacked before you attempt, otherwise youll have snare wearing off during kite on individual ones making it pita to gather again even for 1 nuke. Then whats also shitty is you are landing AE snare on a pack of 4 mobs running at you, if they are not perfectly stacked, youll snare yourself many times!

Pulling mobs w initial ensnare and having no worry of it ever breaking really adds a nice perk to the leisure nature of druid quadding. SoW also makes things so much easier to manage than jboots, I know potions cheap but theres no replacement for casting the spell.

Crede
03-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Epic, as Rygar points out, would be very unlikely to have access to as your avg wizard quad leveler. Also the Flux staff is great for aggro ing mobs sure, but you still have got to gather them up and snare. Due to the terrible duration of wizard snare, you have to wait til all 4 of your mobs are stacked before you attempt, otherwise youll have snare wearing off during kite on individual ones making it pita to gather again even for 1 nuke. Then whats also shitty is you are landing AE snare on a pack of 4 mobs running at you, if they are not perfectly stacked, youll snare yourself many times!

Pulling mobs w initial ensnare and having no worry of it ever breaking really adds a nice perk to the leisure nature of druid quadding. SoW also makes things so much easier to manage than jboots, I know potions cheap but theres no replacement for casting the spell.

Are you trollin' bro? Have you ever played a wizard? I'm guessing not by a few of these posts.

Wizard AE snare doesn't last 5 minutes. Their best one lasts 2.5 min. The lvl 29 one lasts even less, which I still use. Not hard to take down 6k+ hp mobs on one snare. Flux staff and slot 1 trick with quad makes this very fast. If you think it's going to wear off, one cast fixes that. I never worry about it breaking. Literally takes about 20-30 seconds to flux 4 mobs, gather them up unsnared, snare, and start nuking depending on mob availability.

Erati
03-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Are you trollin' bro? Have you ever played a wizard? I'm guessing not by a few of these posts.

Wizard AE snare doesn't last 5 minutes. Their best one lasts 2.5 min. The lvl 29 one lasts even less, which I still use. Not hard to take down 6k+ hp mobs on one snare. Flux staff and slot 1 trick with quad makes this very fast. If you think it's going to wear off, one cast fixes that. I never worry about it breaking. Literally takes about 20-30 seconds to flux 4 mobs, gather them up unsnared, snare, and start nuking depending on mob availability.

Yes I have quadded leveling both a wizard and a druid. I was being generous w the wizard snare duration it seems. If you afk til full mana then afk again, sure wizards blow up a quad faster than a druid...but thats like not the way you efficiently quad over a period of time. If you are actually trying hard, you will start quads at min starting mana and hoping for no resists, this is where the duration bites you. Youll med during a quad to finish it and snare starts breaking now you gotta med just to resnare-ugh.

bigjeff100
03-06-2019, 03:09 PM

I think the problem is.. You kinda started this Crede.. You made your opinion very very clear.. Which this post had nothing to do with wizards.. It's shamans and druids.. You voiced your opinion on quadding.. Now you get to deal with people who do not agree with you.. Best of luck to ya here.

Crede
03-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Thats partially true. But I also like wizards for quadding better due to AE snare at lvl 29, more access to mana regen early on, more efficient and powerful quads, evo spec(don't evo spec on a druid), and cooler races to look at in 3rd person.

Crede
03-06-2019, 03:10 PM
I think the problem is.. You kinda started this Crede.. You made your opinion very very clear.. Which this post had nothing to do with wizards.. It's shamans and druids.. You voiced your opinion on quadding.. Now you get to deal with people who do not agree with you.. Best of luck to ya here.

I'm fine with people disagreeing. It's when they use false facts when they really just don't know how to play the class.

Also, I was mostly being playful with my first post. I like druids, and I have one. But to say that ensnare is needed for a good quad is silly. 2-2.5 min is plenty of time to get the job done on a wizard

bigjeff100
03-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Ok, but you shit up this guys thread by changing focus to wizards.. Don't do that Crede. If you want to discuss wizards as a better duo with a shaman then that's great..

PS- I miss my boy Nizern!! He was my wizard groupin buddy!! NIZERN WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!

loramin
03-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Ok, but you shit up this guys thread by changing focus to wizards.. Don't do that Crede. If you want to discuss wizards as a better duo with a shaman then that's great..

PS- I miss my boy Nizern!! He was my wizard groupin buddy!! NIZERN WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!

Personally I just want to thank Crede from taking the focus in this thread off of my embarrassing memory failures, and instead directing all the hate back on Wizards ... where it belongs ;)

Erati
03-06-2019, 03:27 PM
I'm fine with people disagreeing. It's when they use false facts when they really just don't know how to play the class.

Also, I was mostly being playful with my first post. I like druids, and I have one. But to say that ensnare is needed for a good quad is silly. 2-2.5 min is plenty of time to get the job done on a wizard

Lol I didnt say these things at all, I mis-remembered how short wiz snare was bc I didnt look it up, only knew it has a shit duration compared to druid snare, which is accurate.

Again if you afk, med to full - a quad blows up faster w wiz no argument there...but thats also not that important to a debate about who is better at quad leveling, not who can delete a quad faster.

Also what mana regen at lower level you speaking of...harvest? Every ten min wow, druids get form of howler which has mana regen and speeed.

azeth
03-06-2019, 03:46 PM

Which 6k hp mobs are you kiting that dont summon?

bigjeff100
03-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Personally I just want to thank Crede from taking the focus in this thread off of my embarrassing memory failures, and instead directing all the hate back on Wizards ... where it belongs ;)

Haha dangit.. Let's refocus this thread!!! Remember that one time Loramin said.......