PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Incorrect spell gems

Kibeth
03-03-2019, 12:01 PM
I am having an issued with spell gems and I'm not sure this is correct to this era of live or if I possibly have an incorrect file somewhere?

Here is the issue I am having - I am playing as a druid. Snare and SoW are using the same spell icon. I have also been hit with Drowsy from a shaman mob, which also utilized the same spell icon, its just a generic brown boot.

Another strange spell icon - I recently acquired Stinging Swarm. The spell icon I expected was a little floating wasp/bee of somesort. Instead its a nice image of a wolf.

If these are all correct I will certainly adjust and get used to it, but I am hoping to be told there is a file somewhere I can update or alter and fix my concerns.

Rygar
03-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Those are icon used back in the day, that is what the server seeks to recreate. You won't be able to add some kind of bee image uniquely to singing swarm.

You will indeed need to get used to it. Not sure if there are any UIs or there that have some other stuff. Ask in Technical Discussion section of forum. What you are experiencing is not a bug.

cubiczar
03-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Those are icon used back in the day, that is what the server seeks to recreate. You won't be able to add some kind of bee image uniquely to singing swarm.

You will indeed need to get used to it. Not sure if there are any UIs or there that have some other stuff. Ask in Technical Discussion section of forum. What you are experiencing is not a bug.

You don't have to get used to it, these are all part of the ui files which you can either customize yourself or find one on the forums here somewhere. Use the forum search and you should find a few different opinions.

If the designers ever do something about locking down the UI then you might have to get used to the old spell gems but until then you should have options.

Kibeth
03-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Ah okay I thought it might be the case that the icons were all correct - I did try changing the spell icon sets and still had the same issue, multiple unrelated spells sharing the same icons.

Guess I'll just have to adjust! Thanks for the quick response

cubiczar
03-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Ah okay I thought it might be the case that the icons were all correct - I did try changing the spell icon sets and still had the same issue, multiple unrelated spells sharing the same icons.

Guess I'll just have to adjust! Thanks for the quick response

Yeah unless you are excited about customizing the UI yourself then you are stuck with what you can find. I've found a few that make things a bit more clear than others but most are reusing similar shapes with different colors to differentiate the buffs vs debuffs. So yeah, adapt or spend a bunch of time messing with things lol all a question of where you enjoy putting your time :)