PDA

View Full Version : Level 30 Pally in Sol A

Barlu
02-26-2019, 12:27 AM
Started a High Elf Pally that worships Tunare (regret that now) and have never spent any time in Sol A on live or p99. I’ve read a few places there are plenty of mobs there and I was thinking about giving it a go. Pretty twinned with Fungi and good haste.

Are there any faction concerns I should worry about for later on down the road killing gnomes? The faction hits look like it will make Ak’anon off limits but I can live with that if that’s all it is.

With increase in server population is Sol A worth going to or is it too packed?

Finally, I thought someone (Skarlorn maybe?) wrote a comprehensive guide to Sol A but I can’t find it anywhere. Am I thinking of the right zone and if so anyone have it?

Open to other leveling spots including off the beaten path if anyone has them but just spent a few levels in ToFS and didn’t enjoy the spawning of the lvl 34 key mob plus was never really able to get a group. Thanks for the help.

Barlu/Larrybird/Billrussel

Tethler
02-26-2019, 05:15 AM
Pretty sure killing the sola gnomes gives a negative hit with Miner's Guild 249 (which is dwarf paladins I believe, or maybe it's the dwarf rogue faction, I forget). Idk what kind of impact that could have for you in the future since you are a HEF pally. Maybe want to look into that before yolo'ing in.

White_knight
02-26-2019, 05:41 AM
Never regret choosing HIE - it's the master Paladin race, aslong as you dump your points in to wisdom.

Also Sol A can be very rewarding if you dont just try to stick to the known camps.

Jimjam
02-26-2019, 08:55 AM
Lol! The miners guild would love to be thought of as Paladins, but truthfully they are rogues. The mine is a front, they make most their money illegally through Akanon.

Crede
02-26-2019, 11:03 AM
The gnomes make you kos to the miners rogue guild which sit outside the bank in kaladim but as a high elf no reason to ever set foot in there anyway unless you’re planning to do epic as there’s a kaladim subquest which you’ll have to Invis past them but I’m assuming you’ll just get the natures defender.

kjs86z
02-26-2019, 01:15 PM
Started a High Elf Pally that worships Tunare (regret that now)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Natures_Defender

Do not regret. Looks cool and you don't need to do your epic.

Troxx
02-26-2019, 03:28 PM
I went half elf tunare specifically for that blade. Best decision ever.

Barlu
02-26-2019, 11:00 PM
Thank you all very much for the feedback. Looks like I’ll head over there next time I’m on. I went high elf and Tunare just for the Natures Defender too but the leveling has been much slower than I expected. At this point I hope I make it to level 46!

Pint
02-27-2019, 12:17 AM
Goblins are still excellent xp up to like 40 if you're in the right area, shouldn't need to kill gnomes unless you just want to

Tethler
02-27-2019, 12:50 AM
Goblins are still excellent xp up to like 40 if you're in the right area, shouldn't need to kill gnomes unless you just want to

Better loot too. The gnomes dont drop the ore that the gobbos drop (though the blocks were recently removed, the 15p large bricks aren't terrible).

DinoTriz2
02-27-2019, 07:34 AM
Better loot too. The gnomes dont drop the ore that the gobbos drop (though the blocks were recently removed, the 15p large bricks aren't terrible).

I hate that the blocks were removed.

It was a good source of farming platinum for melee.

Legidias
02-27-2019, 09:16 AM
I hate that the blocks were removed.

It was a good source of farming platinum for m̶e̶l̶e̶e̶ bored lvl 60's.

Fixed it for ya.

Crede
02-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Thank you all very much for the feedback. Looks like I’ll head over there next time I’m on. I went high elf and Tunare just for the Natures Defender too but the leveling has been much slower than I expected. At this point I hope I make it to level 46!

Try to form 3-4 man groups, you'll get the best xp there. 51+ Paladin's are basically the slowest leveling class in the game so be prepared for that. Could try Bloodgills in LOIO. They are the best solo xp spot in game for nearly every class until 50/51 or so but it's camped 50-75% of the time, maybe find someone who will at least let you take 4-6 of them, will still be better than any group xp.

kjs86z
02-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Yeah you def should be grouping and not solo.

Pally / Necro / Shaman would be a pretty good trio.

Crede
02-27-2019, 12:58 PM
Yeah you def should be grouping and not solo.

Pally / Necro / Shaman would be a pretty good trio.

This would be good. But Pally/Enc/Shaman is godmode. I've done this many times, mob is stunned 1/2 the time & with slow, shaman basically just dps's. A good trio is by far my favorite experience in this game, regardless of the zone. Xp is great, can be social, and can use every nearly every ability of your class.

45+ is pretty much a grind regardless of the class. Form your own small groups if able, OP, and it will make leveling a much more enjoyable experience.

Barlu
02-27-2019, 06:28 PM
Thanks again for the advice. I spent some time killing goblins last night solo since I only had a few minutes to play and avoided the Gnomes. Seemed like quite a few people within 5 levels of me which was encouraging. I usually can only play an hour or so max so duos and trios are preferable where I can just grab a few people and go killing and it seems like that’s doable here.

Made this character to group since soloing on enchanter and monk burnt me out a little bit. Can’t see this character ever getting passed low 50s if even that but need to get 46 for that Natures Defender!

Snaggles
02-28-2019, 07:15 AM
Solo as a pally in high levels isn’t that bad but your options are mostly low blues (10-15 levels under). 39-51 is pretty breezy with ghealing and a functional DW helm. This coming from someone who bow-rotted those levels with a ranger so take with a grain of salt. I’d kill guards with a reaver or something once sol a stops giving gains with gnomebots (45). Maybe even oggok 40+/-.

Gnome faction will mostly make running around steamfont/akanon dodgy. The only noticeable issue was having to use cloudy potions to get my Divine Might quest piece from the Kaladim mines (rogue guild).

Wfrench1234
03-03-2019, 04:43 PM
I Mained a pally on live and have a 52 paladin here. My favorite class for some unknown reason. So...once you get high 40s you could solo stuff around karnors in DL (drolvArgs and the cockatrice are your targets) and also the safe hall in lower guk is a good spot too. Lull stuff and pull wans/zols single. If you get a crit resist and bite off more than you can chew though, you’ll need to root things (out of line of sight if a caster) and camp out though. Even with LOH you’re not making it to the zone and you would cause an epic train even if you made it.

As far as the clockwork gnomes in sol a, on live I murdered hundreds of them and never had any faction issues. I hit 50 before Kunark came out so I farmed molten cloaks and gnomisj environment suits for plat.

nothsa
03-15-2019, 07:32 AM
the paladin epic mobs in Kaladim are not kos just the rogue guild masters near the bank you have to watch out for, using invis