PDA

View Full Version : Roots and break chance

DMN
02-23-2019, 09:54 PM
I know roots "check" if they will break every tick. But what are all the variables outside of the MOBs MR that affect the break chance? I keep finding conflicting information about roots as I read through old posts and it has apparently been changed several times.

Nibblewitz
02-23-2019, 10:27 PM
magic resist of the mob, level of the mob vs level of the rooter, and direct damage

DMN
02-23-2019, 10:40 PM
magic resist of the mob, level of the mob vs level of the rooter, and direct damage

Hrmm. Some of the stuff I read suggested DoT damage also increased break chance, not just direct damage. That is bunk then? (Not talking about the initial damage some DoTs have either, but the per tick damage component.)

Darkatar
02-23-2019, 10:55 PM
Hrmm. Some of the stuff I read suggested DoT damage also increased break chance, not just direct damage.

If the data is able to be reasonably validated, and attributed to the current era, you could make a bugreport about it citing your sources, then bathe in many, many tears after the patch.

Jauna
02-23-2019, 11:28 PM
Some dots have a direct damage component that has a chance to break roots.
But every 6 seconds there is a tick server side to check for dots, mana/hp regen and root/charm breaks. Since the dot ticks and root checks happen at the same time its giving off the illusion that dot ticks break root.

Legidias
02-24-2019, 12:05 PM
Initial DD of some DoTs can cause break, but tick based damage does not.

Troxx
02-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Initial DD of some DoTs can cause break, but tick based damage does not.

That.

On the rare points in time I’m root rotting I just avoid these dots for that reason.