PDA

View Full Version : Coldain Ring 8 - 60 necro solo

kitao
02-20-2019, 03:14 PM
If/when I win ring roll, I was wondering if this can be done solo/how much risk there is.

I have watched a couple vids on invis in and trying a paci/sneak pull. From the wiki it seems the chief is tethered to the shaman, so my assumption is that without pacify or sneak pull it’ll be difficult to get the chief and shaman away from the giants.

Is it best to darkness pull the Chief and run for a bit and allow other to path back and reset? Will the sham stay with the chief away from the giants?

On one of the videos, there always about 4 min from chief pop to the Charge declaration, so I think there would be enough time to split, dot/pet down the 7k hpchief and shaman. But if the splitting is tricky, it might make the timing a bit tighter.

snyder43
02-20-2019, 04:21 PM
The shaman will not reset no matter what you do. If you have agro on the chief, you will have agro on the shaman.

I wouldn't risk doing it solo. Get a druid or ranger to harmony. Pay them if you have to. Have them pull the shaman with a low level spell, then root the shaman once he is out of agro range of the other mobs. Then you agro the chief and pull him away from the shaman so he cant cast on you or heal the chief. Kill the chief ASAP.

You don't have as much time as you would think. I was helping my friend (enchanter/druid duo) with the kill and by the time the Chief died "charge" was already yelled and he couldn't find Garadain, who ended up getting slaughtered by the orcs/giants.

You do not want to spend on average 2-3 weeks at the ring roll, only to botch your turn in and have to start over from Ring 1, then wait another 2-3 weeks to have the chance again.

Polixa
02-20-2019, 08:15 PM
I guess when I soloed this on live it was after velious, but back then the ring 8 kill was just one mob. Will that change on P99?

commongood
02-21-2019, 10:46 AM
I would never risk this solo. Not as any class. The time you would have to waste on splitting chief from the giants alone would likely mean you'd be taking too long. And you would have to manage the orc add that always comes which is a shaman and will heal the chief. And your necro dps would mean the kill would take longer than is advisable even if you didn't have to waste time splitting the giants.

It's been a while since I've done it but I remember people being fairly decent to stick around and help. Just ask ahead of the roll "anyone up for staying and helping the winner? I will stay myself". If that doesn't yield the help you need then yeah... get some friends or guildies to come. It is NOT worth risking it. You aren't just losing rings 1-7 you are also losing/wasting the ring roll you just won.

Polixa
02-23-2019, 06:26 PM
There is definitely something non-classical going on if on P99 we need to split the chief from the Giants. On live the chief spawns inside the fort, and the Giants spawn outside, not in aggro range.

loramin
02-23-2019, 06:31 PM
There is definitely something non-classical going on if on P99 we need to split the chief from the Giants. On live the chief spawns inside the fort, and the Giants spawn outside, not in aggro range.

File a bug! Something like that should be super easy to find evidence of.