PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Auto Attack Bug

Fireblade7
02-18-2019, 07:18 PM
I've read several forum posts on this but nothing has resolved my issue. Auto attack is not working, i switch to me back to mob and then turn it off and on and it works sometimes. This will got out on me 2-3 times in a fight. My backstab never works at the beginning of the fight either, i can get it to work as an extra attack in the middle of the fight tho if auto attack has been temp fixed.

I have tried the following:

Using a different zone
Relogging
Restarting EQ
Restarting Comp
Deleting character file
Remaking all buttons (I only use one macro right now for evade and im not even pressing that)

The only thing that is working is siwtching back and forth but it doesnt always work and backstab is failing 100% of the time bc it wont stabby stab.

This is the first time i have ever had this issue.

Please help! :)

Rygar
02-18-2019, 09:03 PM
I suggest reposting in technical discussion, someone may know whats up. Include what ui you are using and system specs, also confirm you are using titanium client

Fireblade7
02-18-2019, 10:07 PM
will do thank you!

aaezil
02-19-2019, 12:27 AM
escape to clear target and re-target mob when that happens

Fireblade7
02-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Hey all, I know this sounds dumb, but I was just checking updates for my computer. After I did an update that was due back in October (I just honestly though I had updates auto installing) this was resolved. Not sure why it would take so long for it to come up buggy for me though.

Wanted to let everyone know that this might be a possible solution if this happens to anyone in the future.

Thanks for all the help!

Bbeta
02-19-2019, 11:43 AM
It's a hot key with /target. It bugs out your auto attack. It's probably a /tar /corpse hot key u keep accidentally clicking. While you are are attacking. It will bug you out. Need to either remove hot key or stop clicking it while attacking your intended target

Erati
02-19-2019, 02:28 PM
I've read several forum posts on this but nothing has resolved my issue. Auto attack is not working, i switch to me back to mob and then turn it off and on and it works sometimes. This will got out on me 2-3 times in a fight. My backstab never works at the beginning of the fight either, i can get it to work as an extra attack in the middle of the fight tho if auto attack has been temp fixed.

I have tried the following:

Using a different zone
Relogging
Restarting EQ
Restarting Comp
Deleting character file
Remaking all buttons (I only use one macro right now for evade and im not even pressing that)

The only thing that is working is siwtching back and forth but it doesnt always work and backstab is failing 100% of the time bc it wont stabby stab.

This is the first time i have ever had this issue.

Please help! :)

Clear your target. This happens from time to time and if you hit ESC clears target then retarget, you should start swining.

Bbeta
02-19-2019, 02:35 PM
Clear your target. This happens from time to time and if you hit ESC clears target then retarget, you should start swining.

Root cause is hotkey, accidental clicks mid fight or mid pull. Regardless it's a target hot key