PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Innothule swamp alligators not dropping skins

akita51
02-14-2019, 11:16 PM
My first time submitting a bug.

I killed approximately 25 bull or fat alligators over the past 2 days in Innothule Swamp and did not see any alligator skin drops. Previously the skin drops were quite common, not sure if this was an intended change but thought i would submit it.

I also tried a few regular alligators after not getting drops on the bulls or fat, and did not see any skins.

Thank you

Pringles
02-15-2019, 02:54 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2564434&postcount=5

akita51
02-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the reply. The thread you linked is from 2017, did that just get implemented in this last patch? The drop rate seems changed here on P1999 with the latest patch versus what I had experienced on P1999 previously.

I saw the notes below on alligator changes. Didn't see anything about drop rate change.

Telin: Alligator skin will now only be found in Innothule Swamp.
Telin: Added missing loot to alligators in all zones.

Telin
02-15-2019, 10:19 AM
This patch included 1.5 years of pending changes so the alligator skin change was just implemented. The drop rate was changed to classic, meaning the alligator skin is a rare drop. If you research about this item from classic sources you will see players expressing their frustrations with this drop and how long it took them to get it.

akita51
02-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Again, thanks for the quick and detailed reply. I did try some digging and struck out.

Thread wasn't intended as a complaint, just thought it might have been an unintentional change.

Thanks for all your effort, I play with my real life brother and we have a great time together, I (we) appreciate the effort everyone puts into this.

Crom
02-26-2019, 12:19 PM
killed em for two hours last night and got two skins, what I did notise that was odd is with tracking I couldn't find a single bull or fat alligators up anywhere in zone, not one!
My tracking was filled with snakes so i true EQ fashion I started killing every snake I could find in zone and they started spawning, (and I did go around the zone serveral times with track and killed every snake until I only had new spawns on track) so they are "bear skins" rare now, thats 3 out of 4 needed for the quest that are now very rare.

Primordial Ooze
03-01-2019, 10:14 AM
killed em for two hours last night and got two skins, what I did notise that was odd is with tracking I couldn't find a single bull or fat alligators up anywhere in zone, not one!
My tracking was filled with snakes so i true EQ fashion I started killing every snake I could find in zone and they started spawning, (and I did go around the zone serveral times with track and killed every snake until I only had new spawns on track) so they are "bear skins" rare now, thats 3 out of 4 needed for the quest that are now very rare.

I'm hunting them now and I'd say they're more rare than bear skins, by a good bit. The placeholders thing is a new step that none of the other quest components have. This went from being one of the easier parts of the quest to the hardest.

I'm not really complaining, just noting. I won't be selling caps for less than 500p at this rate.

akita51
03-01-2019, 12:15 PM
500 I think would be too low now

700-800?

Primordial Ooze
03-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Maybe. I know I'll be holding mine for a while. Once sellers go through their stores and realize how much harder it is now, I think price will shoot up.