PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: /Who player shows player location despite ANON at login.

ricquire
02-12-2019, 11:47 PM
"Haynar: Zoning characters will no longer show on friends lists."

Was the above a resolution to the /who bug? (/who charname, or /who friend) will show player location despite being ANON if player is logging on.

Noticed if you /who a player logging on it still shows their zone.

https://i.imgur.com/B9Eerzl.png

Daedalon
02-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Yes, zoning players can still be found online using a direct /who query, including ones logging in.

Personally I think it would have been much better to make the friends list (and /who) only stop reporting players logging in, which typically report "level 0/unknown race" on the friends list. Unfortunately, it seems blank zone name was chosen as the filter rather than level 0/unknown race. I check my friends list regularly and thanks to this change, my friends list is a constant weird shifting and inaccurate picture of who is online because characters changing zones keep dropping off the list as if they're offline.

I'd plead politely with any of the technical people behind P99 to reconsider and improve this change. Making it so people aren't visible when logging is fine, but not being able to see if friends are still zoning, or crashed etc. easily is not so good. Now I have to manually check names of zoning friends to see if they're still connected or not. :(

ricquire
09-15-2019, 06:59 PM
Bump

ricquire
09-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Just to summarize: anyone caught in any who, whether friend, all, or direct; will have zone name visible despite being anon.