PDA

View Full Version : Ranger DPS calculator doesnt function correctly

Iksar_with_a_plan
02-12-2019, 01:38 PM
I've been inputting values for various weapons in the follow link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zpdYXrsDbofuQnDbkEKDDNgLjzQEOAUBMdQoqS-8fhE/edit#gid=0

When entering certain values, the change in value does not effect the outcome.

Changing Double attack value does not change the end dps sum
Changing offhand damage/delay does not change the end dps sum.

I enter a value of 1 into DA and the dps stays the same,
I enter a weapon with 0 damage and the dps stays the same.

Is there a link like this that actually works?

It seems as if the offhand values tend to stay the same as if it were always considering those values to reflect a certain weapon that was originally entered. U can change your level and other values to change the offhand DPS, but it stays relative to a specific ratio. Changing the ratio yourself does not change the outcome dps. Also double attack value means absolutely nothing in the spreadsheet.

Cecily
02-12-2019, 04:10 PM
I made that years ago with some dubious formulas (based off 2nd hand monk skill tables) and very limited excel skills. I think it used to work, as a model that shows if one setup was better than another, but it’s been screwed with over the years and I don’t really know how to fix or where I got all my data from.

In general the idea was to account for haste, dmg bonus, and ratio to spit out a number to indicate which setup was better, DPS only referring to what should hurt more - not acutal DPS in any meaningful sense. I poked around on it a few months ago and it was broken in a few areas I didn’t break personally and I forgot about it.

Let me read your post more carefully and see if I can respond.

Cecily
02-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Double attack doesn’t change the value because it’s a constant. You’re gonna double at a the same % of the regardless of what you’re swinging with, therefore not a factor in choosing weapons. I think I added that to give a % of attack’s were doubles / dual wield by skill level for the more you know purposes? DW and DA values I used were almost certainly wrong, but based off a monk table some guy posted.

I believe DW was factored in at 60% or something to account in the end value for swings that don’t activate. Whether or not it scaled appropriately I’m not sure.

If offhand dmg / dly does nothing, it’s broken there. The ratio, haste, dw penalty, and lack of a damage bonus were summed with the main hand’s ratio haste and dmg bonus is to get the end value I think.

Just to reiterate, the point of this was to compare the relative DPS of weapons and not give “DPS” in any meaningful sense, more along the lines of higher number indicates it does more DPS.

I used this tool back when (I think) it worked to show that the HS dagger + Swiftwind was the highest damage Kunark setup, 9/17+13/21 versus the VP combo of 14/23+13/21. Decided Xygoz’s fang wasn’t worth getting.

deezy
02-13-2019, 07:37 AM
When entering certain values, the change in value does not effect the outcome.

its something to compare the different value of weapons and not something that will tell you the real world dps you'll get from them.

Iksar_with_a_plan
02-13-2019, 05:56 PM
its something to compare the different value of weapons and not something that will tell you the real world dps you'll get from them.

It makes no difference what the end goal of the spreadsheet is accomplishing. the fact remains that some areas do not function properly.

radbeard
02-13-2019, 08:29 PM
also for what its worth I'm under the impression that the monk dual wield formula may be slightly different than non-monks. The effect being that monks have a higher chance to attack with the offhand.

The denominator in the formula is somewhere between 400 and 600 (600 being suggested for non-monks by some old website that verified it at the time). But I don't know how its implemented on P99.

Cecily
02-13-2019, 11:40 PM
It makes no difference what the end goal of the spreadsheet is accomplishing. the fact remains that some areas do not function properly.

I'd ask for a refund if I were you.

deezy
02-14-2019, 09:28 AM
i could put something together if there is good data out there. one of these days i might even try to get some volunteers to let me beat up on them and get some data from parses.

Zeush
02-26-2019, 01:28 PM
I'd ask for a refund if I were you.

;)

Iksar_with_a_plan
03-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Ahh I forgot about this thread...

Looks like the plug was pulled on the spreadsheet

Just because something becomes open and available to the public, doesn't make it free from critique. Call me a hero...

Cause if that were the case and all the pseudo-presumptuous, and fragile cecilys of the world were our engineers we'd still be rubbing sticks together and fornicating with primates...

Jimjam
03-23-2019, 01:37 AM
Really weird to bump a thread from 2 months ago just to dump on another poster and brag about having intercourse with reptiles, iksar.

Iksar_with_a_plan
03-23-2019, 04:36 AM
Really weird to bump a thread from 2 months ago just to dump on another poster and brag about having intercourse with reptiles, iksar.

(In a mocking british accent) Chuffed are ya mate? You must be off your trolley ol chap....

Are you of all people really suggesting that I've used this forum as some sort of platform to be "weeeiiirrrd"??

hell, i've seen enough of your wildly deprecating posts to know you've been using this here very same forum as a crutch to help mitigate your own personal inadequacy for some time. Popping in and out of threads like these.

What are you soddin' on about?

Jimjam
03-23-2019, 05:05 AM
Humans are primates, you are an iksar.

Edit: but are dark elves primates?

Cecily
03-23-2019, 08:09 AM
Ahh I forgot about this thread...

Just because something becomes open and available to the public, doesn't make it free from critique. Call me a hero...

Cause if that were the case and all the pseudo-presumptuous, and fragile cecilys of the world were our engineers we'd still be rubbing sticks together and fornicating with primates...

Oh dear. It looked fine to me. I remembered you being upset and reverted it back to 2014 version when I made it and it worked last. That didn’t help huh? Anyways, I don’t really have time to fix a tool I made 5 years ago for personal use for a game I don’t play anymore. If you’d like to try to fix it on your own that’d be amazing. Ty so much!

Again, changing the DA value won't change the end DPS calculation because that's a constant. DW had to be factored in because showing how both weapons work with both firing 100% would paint an inaccurate picture. I think.. math is hard. Anyways, I'm really sorry using my spreadsheet was such a bad experience for you.

deezy
03-25-2019, 07:05 PM

it's too bad you hadn't made a copy like i had a few years ago

Snaggles
03-26-2019, 04:24 PM
You don't have to be an engineer to use a calculator (or build a simple spreadsheet) and solve your own problem. Cecily doesn't get paid to create stuff for the community...you don't really get to gripe about free shit that is broken.

Without parsing, explaining how a calculator works (or the search button), here is a EQ protip: Nobody adds a ranger to a group or raid for supreme dps. They add them for passable dps and not being lazy. That means having a basic understanding of what weapons to use, pulling, snaring, and otherwise not annoying people.

Cecily
03-26-2019, 09:15 PM
It’s that last point I always had issues with.

Freakish
03-26-2019, 09:34 PM
it's too bad you hadn't made a copy like i had a few years ago

Pirate.

Cecily
03-27-2019, 02:18 PM
Hmm, you’re right. Do we have any lawyers on P99?

Freakish
03-27-2019, 02:50 PM
Oh brell serilis, we have many armchair lawyers. Absolutely flush with them.

demokatt
03-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Still, the fact remains that some areas do not function properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecily
03-27-2019, 04:35 PM
Still, the fact remains that some areas do not function properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your report. This feature is working as intended.

demokatt
03-28-2019, 03:17 PM
Still nothing new on this? I even did a petition.. this game is dead to me

jolanar
03-28-2019, 03:27 PM

Didn't know you could be a troll ranger.

Cecily
03-28-2019, 09:16 PM

Thank you for your report. Support tickets are processed in the order in which they are received. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Twochain
03-29-2019, 02:30 AM

demokatt
03-31-2019, 05:49 AM