PDA

View Full Version : Will Enchanter Mana Sieving be a Thing on Raids?

commongood
02-12-2019, 09:45 AM
So while I know it's possibly a long while into the future, the devs have mentioned that one of the things next in the pipeline for P99 is to fix pushback as spell interrupting.

From what I understand this has pretty huge ramifications on raids as it means any raidboss that currently casts Cheal or worse, gates, can no longer be pushed to interrupt that.

So two immediate options spring to mind. One is to fight mobs where they spawn. The other is to drain their mana making them oom before they hit 40% hp.

Will that mean suddenly needing a bunch of chanters on raids where before you basically just needed buffs and tash and maybe dispell covered on most fights?

How many chanters spamming Mana Sieve will it take to run your average NToV dragon out of mana?

kjs86z
02-12-2019, 09:56 AM
How many chanters spamming Mana Sieve will it take to run your average NToV dragon out of mana?

a lot

DMN
02-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Bards can drain mana too.

Legidias
02-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately, enchanter mana drain is unresistable but bard drain is. Its quite hard to land bard mana drain song even on just white wurms in HoT

Tecmos Deception
02-12-2019, 01:31 PM
I certainly remember casting sieves on shit back in the day, lady vox etc. Not sure if it was or will be a good idea... but we used to do it!

Foxplay
02-12-2019, 03:01 PM
If it saves them from fighting the dragons on their spawn point I'm sure it will be done...

DromalPhrenia
02-13-2019, 01:51 AM
Recent preliminary testing made it seem like either the mana pool, or the mana regen of NToV dragons was way too massive for this to be a viable tactic. If/when the push change comes, either the stats on those dragons will have to change or everyone will have to hope they get lucky on bashes.

This isn't the end of the world for gating dragons (except you won't be able to pull to entrance) but for complete heal it is going to suuuuuck.

That said, as far as I know it's still a valid tactic on Vox.