PDA

View Full Version : The Vegan is Thread.

Irulan
02-10-2019, 12:00 PM
So apparently most livestock will eat live humans, especially pigs if they are injured. Or vulnerable.

Also Soy is really bad, like corn. Very GMO. Impure. Not fermented. Wreaks havoc on our insides. Though it will probably be domesticated and GMO'd into something reasonable within two generations.

Nature is full of everything trying to eat everything else. It's pretty damn silly to be emotional about it.

Let's be smart and develop sustainable aquaculture and make tasty grass fed beef for the survivors. Everything else can die.

Surf and Turfs on the menu. "boys".

Evia
02-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Yikes.

First of all what does soy have to do with it?
Vegans eat more than just soy....
Just because 'Nature's full of everything trying to kill us' doesn't mean being a barbaric flesh eater is now logically justified. Eating meat isnt sustainable no matter how you try to 'slice' it, and anyone even half-woke can see and understand that. The way we treat creatures that cannot equally defend themselves,at the cost of our environment, and only for our own selfish gains is the root of what is wrong in our society. So many studies have shown you need little to no meat in order to sustain a healthy body. In fact, more and more evidence is showing how damaging meat consumption can be for humans.

Feel free to keep trying to macho-man up a logical excuse for an outdated and savage lifestyle though.

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 06:02 PM
The ethic isn't about my feelings, or about health. At it's core Veganism has everything to do about what you believe about sentience.

We give humans rights because we believe there are unalienable rights due to their basic association as humans and the verifiable sentience, a.k.a. the ability to feel things (emotional feelings is what is implied here).

Note: it's not based on intelligence, nor on the ability to feel physical sensations.

So the question about eating animals is 'does this creature have the same experience of happiness, anger, love, concern, and care as me and does it share a self awareness of these emotions?'. The natural conclusion that follows, if I accept that certain animals exhibit sentience, is that those animals deserve the same rights that we attribute to other sentient beings, namely, the right to self-preservation and freedom.

If anyone has ever had a dog, you would be hard pressed to deny that you have seen, to some extent, an expression of these emotions from this animal. They express happiness, affection, shame, fear, and mine even pouts when I scold it. But is this truly a manifestation of emotions or do I anthropomorphize the animal to better help myself understand it? Am I rationalizing a societal norm of animal abuse and essentially 'murder' by continuing to promote the meat and dairy industries because it 'tastes good'?

Those are the questions that vegans wrestle with, and since there is no way to essentially 'prove' sentience, most vegans go with the 'I'd rather not take the chance of being a part of mass abuse' whereas many, myself included, sit on the fence with this idea until there is more concrete evidence.

In my mind there is no doubt that the American Agricultural industry is one of the worst polluters of our environment in the current day. More specifically the meat industry is by far contributing the most to greenhouse gas emissions, consumption of water, and pollution of water systems. A 1 lb. slab of muscle can take as much as 600 GALLONS of water to produce. That's absurd.

So for myself I've cut back on the consumption of meat based on concrete evidential science, but still haven't been able to fully embrace veganism, although I'm slowly moving that direction the more I continue to think about it.

Wonkie
02-10-2019, 06:24 PM
Genesis 1:26-28 King James Version (KJV)

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

eating meat is moral OP

America
02-10-2019, 06:35 PM

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

eating meat is moral OP

so is slavery

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 06:35 PM

eating meat is moral OP

Indeed it is, and so is marrying your sister. But that is unethical now so we don't do that anymore now do we?

Wonkie
02-10-2019, 06:36 PM
so is slavery

source??

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 06:46 PM
source??

Leviticus 25

44 Your male and female slaves shall come from the nations around you; from them you may purchase slaves.

45 You may also purchase them from the foreigners residing among you or their clans living among you who are born in your land. These may become your property.

46 You may leave them to your sons after you to inherit as property; you can make them slaves for life. But as for your brothers, the Israelites, no man may rule harshly over his brother.

Also: shame on you for bringing in Old Testament law into this, don't you know Christ died as a fulfillment to the Law, so that you might live 'in Him' (in good conscience). For "...whoever knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin." James 4:17.

Raev
02-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Eating meat isnt sustainable no matter how you try to 'slice' it

Most developed countries have negative population growth. There is plenty of land to raise animals.

The way we treat creatures that cannot equally defend themselves,at the cost of our environment, and only for our own selfish gains is the root of what is wrong in our society.

Evolution has not stopped on this planet, and you can't choose not to play. The strong and selfish will remain; the losers will be pruned from the gene pool.

Wonkie
02-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Leviticus 25

44 Your male and female slaves shall come from the nations around you; from them you may purchase slaves.

45 You may also purchase them from the foreigners residing among you or their clans living among you who are born in your land. These may become your property.

46 You may leave them to your sons after you to inherit as property; you can make them slaves for life. But as for your brothers, the Israelites, no man may rule harshly over his brother.

Also: shame on you for bringing in Old Testament law into this, don't you know Christ died as a fulfillment to the Law, so that you might live 'in Him' (in good conscience). For "...whoever knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin." James 4:17.

oh well dang. i got owned. thus ends the shtick.

ill be back! :o

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Evolution has not stopped on this planet, and you can't choose not to play. The strong and selfish will remain; the losers will be pruned from the gene pool.

You can, in fact, choose not to play. In fact, it saves money and leads to a healthier lifestyle - "Strong and selfish" just proves anti-meat to be more reasonable.

America
02-10-2019, 07:13 PM
oh well dang. i got owned. thus ends the shtick.

ill be back! :o

pretty sure u are still a liberal

misterbonkers
02-10-2019, 07:28 PM
vegan as a concept is kinda cool, but i like red meat too much still.

one thing i never understand, why are vegan recipes always overdesigned to incorporate like seven overpriced ingredients when i could just... eat a potato and be happy

posun
02-10-2019, 07:49 PM
one thing i never understand, why are vegan recipes always overdesigned to incorporate like seven overpriced ingredients when i could just... eat a potato and be happy
Because veganism is 100% posing for fun and profit and 0% sensible eating or sensible anything. Much like many other things that are discussed on these forums and talked about in general.

America
02-10-2019, 07:50 PM
i ordered a pork chop at a very expensive restaurant while looking quite pretty last night but i still feel entitled to hector yall about meat cause i'll be vegetarian again soon. also if your BMI isn't better than mine i will always win a concentrated engagement on this topic. so don't test it

Irulan
02-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Judaism is best.

Didn't Jesus make fish anyway?

Also, I understand the environmental and economic reasons for veganism. That is why mermaid cove will have sustainable aquaculture. Vegan monoculture is just as destructive as our industrial age farming practices. The best option is carefully managing multiple organisms in a harmonious and delicious food chain.

Sentiant life doesn't deserve special privileges. Also most of it wants to kill us even if it shows us affection. It's important to respect the nature of the universe and multiply. If that means genocide and engineering a biome specifically tailored to multiplying us and giving our lives fulfillment. That is what the Lord wants. That is what the spirit wants. That is the purpose of our humanity.

Irulan
02-10-2019, 07:52 PM
i ordered a pork chop at a very expensive restaurant while looking quite pretty last night but i still feel entitled to hector yall about meat cause i'll be vegetarian again soon

Pigs are the spawn of Satan and should be eradicated. That is why pork is ungodly.

America
02-10-2019, 07:53 PM
if you are okay with eating meat you should be fine with slavery. you've chosen the law of the sword. now dominate what looks different from you.

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 07:53 PM
vegan as a concept is kinda cool, but i like red meat too much still.

I don't think they are always overpriced. Bulk beans, lentils, grains are super cheap, and veggies aren't that expensive at all. Bananas are like $1.25 a hand. Fake meat and weird substitutes are where you spend most of your money, but the Gardein variety is fucking bomb and cheaper than real meat.

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 07:56 PM
If that means genocide and engineering a biome specifically tailored to multiplying us and giving our lives fulfillment. That is what the Lord wants. That is what the spirit wants. That is the purpose of our humanity.

pras

America
02-10-2019, 08:14 PM
no I'm really actually saying that slavery is moral and hu-mon and with the modern tech we invented we could implement it on a hilarious scale

Irulan
02-10-2019, 08:14 PM
if you are okay with eating meat you should be fine with slavery. you've chosen the law of the sword. now dominate what looks different from you.

I am OK with the universe. Because that is the reality. People do veganism under false pretenses. That their actions are not destructive or selfish or entropic in nature.

Order is brought to the universe through logic and reasoning. Not pretending that fields and fields of chemically treated corn with sterile soil and no bees are better than killing prey.

Pork is not Kosher.

I don't think they are always overpriced. Bulk beans, lentils, grains are super cheap, and veggies aren't that expensive at all. Bananas are like $1.25 a hand. Fake meat and weird substitutes are where you spend most of your money, but the Gardein variety is fucking bomb and cheaper than real meat.

I had homemade tzatziki sauce, homemade bread and a salad with shrimp and fruit today. And some extra cucumber. I fill up on veggies, and beans. Meat is something I never crave. I do crave stock and offal very occasionally for collagen and vitamins.

pras

I have been dieting very carefully. Will have lab results tomorrow I think. Had a lot of vials drawn.

Irulan
02-10-2019, 08:16 PM
no I'm really actually saying that slavery is moral and hu-mon and with modern tech we could implement it on a hilarious scale

It's necessary. Also, so is pruning the tree of life of dead growth, or allowing other organisms to compost it for us.

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 08:17 PM
I had homemade tzatziki sauce, homemade bread and a salad with shrimp and fruit today. And some extra cucumber. I fill up on veggies, and beans. Meat is something I never crave. I do crave stock and offal very occasionally for collagen and vitamins.

I'm eating beanz

Raev
02-10-2019, 08:19 PM
no I'm really actually saying that slavery is moral and hu-mon and with modern tech we could implement it on a hilarious scale

What do you mean 'could' ? It's already happened

America
02-10-2019, 08:20 PM
What do you mean 'could' ? It's already happened

with explicit distinction comes the possibility of physical isolation and the existence of vast cities & countries of free, educated, beautiful people. without hostile savages treading the streets among the underbosses and the threats of ugly bludgeoneers slowing the flowering of the feminine. what we have is not nearly so good for even the tippie tops as this would be. nice eat-the-rich quip but we are severely understratified tbh.

Irulan
02-10-2019, 08:28 PM
with explicit distinction comes the possibility of physical isolation and the existence of vast cities & countries of free, educated, beautiful people. without hostile savages treading the streets among the underbosses and the threats of ugly bludgeoneers slowing the flowering of the feminine. what we have is not nearly so good for even the tippie tops as this would be. we are severely understratified tbh.

Predators are gr8 but not with an overbearing and corrupt government that serves the interests of the severely obese and eliminates mobility and flexibility.

America
02-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Predators are gr8 but not with an overbearing and corrupt government that serves the interests of the severely obese.

predators and tagging/braceletting, with a Smartwall around each population of similar melanation. this is the best possible outcome for everyone who stands to have their melanin content increased by the Great Averaging-Out.

haha just roleplaying. General intelligence is actually not that important and needn't be protected. can';t wait to start splicing our genes with pigs and houseflies for more diversity (logical terminus of the vegan-liberal thought process)

misterbonkers

yeah price isn't really my contention, just marketing overly complicated recipes when i could be sold way simpler like the given example of just eating a potato straight up

Sonderbeast
I'm eating beanz

Irulan
02-10-2019, 08:40 PM
predators and tagging/braceletting, with a Smartwall around each population of similar melanation. this is the best possible outcome for everyone who stands to have their melanin content increase in the great Averaging-Out.

Researching.

I am full of rage though. Well disciplined. But rage nonetheless. I crave blood. And control.

You accuse me of living by the sword out of choice. My world isn't one of simple pasture and grazing. If I lay down the sword, I bare my throat for the slaughter.

My anger is selfish and is all that stands between me and oblivion. I suffer no delusion that I am afforded compassion. At the least I will spare you as an individual further parasitism.

America
02-10-2019, 08:43 PM
chill pal im just trippin off this "splicing dna with beings of detectably lower general intelligence" thing rn

Irulan
02-10-2019, 08:45 PM
chill pal im just trippin off this "splicing dna with beings of detectably lower general intelligence" thing rn

*bares teeth in threat display* *eyes glow with electromagnetic radiation*

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 08:46 PM
*bares teeth in threat display* *eyes glow with electromagnetic radiation*

*takes bite out of bowl of beanz*

Irulan
02-10-2019, 08:53 PM
I'm a big fan of chickpeas. Lentils. Black beans. Pinto. Or whatever those Navajo ones are.

Zuchinni. Pumpkin. Eggplant.

Plantains > potatoes.

I've cut way back on corn, potato, soy, and bleached stuff.

Love unprocessed oats too. Rolled. Steel cut is ok.

I want to learn how to make ghee.

America
02-10-2019, 09:39 PM
im really sorry about my posts in this thread i want yall to know i don't mean them seriously at all, even though neither I nor any of U can rebut them

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 09:41 PM
im really sorry about my posts in this thread i want yall to know i don't mean them seriously at all, even though neither I nor any of U can rebut them

truth hurts ya'll

therefore contribute to planet death

Foxplay
02-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Ppl eat what they want to eat

We can either change (go vegan) or continue how we always have and try to find solutions to our problems

Vegans would say going vegan is the solution. While the majority of society will say moderation or development is sciences such as artificially grown protein tissues is the solution

The rest is all just crying, whining, people trying to feel like they are morally better than others, or people making fun of the opposing point of view

America
02-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Ppl eat what they want to eat

We can either change (go vegan) or continue how we always have and try to find solutions to our problems

Vegans would say going vegan is the solution. While the majority of society will say moderation or development is sciences such as artificially grown protein tissues is the solution

The rest is all just crying, whining, people trying to feel like they are morally better than others, or people making fun of the opposing point of view

hey i didn't read your post, but i did notice, your profile name / avatr looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/0mtPXV4.png

not sure if thats intentional but just bringing it to you're attention that you are giving the appearance of a furry

Irulan
02-10-2019, 10:15 PM
I just want people to be good at what they do, be that veganism or whatever. Self awareness is a continual process.

It is possible to be a really lazy ignorant stupid vegan who is controlled and dominated by "hypenosis".

I want to know about doing veganism well. As well as efficiently and economically.

Cecily
02-10-2019, 10:17 PM
hey i didn't read your post, but i did notice, your profile name / avatr looks like this

not sure if thats intentional but just bringing it to you're attention that you are giving the appearance of a furry

That’s a pretty strong accusation. What makes you think:

Foxpox [60 Shaman] (Ogre)
Foxcharm [60 Enchanter] (High Elf)
Foxystyle [60 Druid] (Wood Elf)
Foxfansy [60 Bard] (Human)
Foxpet [60 Magician] (Gnome)
Foxaid [60 Cleric] (Dark Elf)

Is a furry?

Irulan
02-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Yes. Speaking on your behalf because you are obviously not capable of speaking for yourself.

Wonkie
02-10-2019, 10:23 PM
i wish you would let pottyfox be our friend. he's a good looking bald

America
02-10-2019, 10:33 PM
hypenosis hee hee

Irulan
02-10-2019, 11:27 PM
^^

Foxplay
02-10-2019, 11:28 PM

You must be the reincarnation of Sherlock Holmes with those detective skills

misterbonkers
02-10-2019, 11:42 PM
are rillos (https://twitter.com/llindseyyyyy/status/1094304784226664449) vegan?

Irulan
02-11-2019, 12:23 AM
are rillos (https://twitter.com/llindseyyyyy/status/1094304784226664449) vegan?

https://i.imgur.com/EpjdkIo.jpg

America
02-11-2019, 02:01 AM
https://i.imgur.com/EpjdkIo.jpg

i really do hate poop humor stuff...if you can avoid it, please don't. i mean i get it if you're trolling me but please understand it seriously does do something to me, when you do it. i hate it.

Irulan
02-11-2019, 02:06 AM
i really do hate poop humor stuff...if you can avoid it, please don't. i mean i get it if you're trolling me but please understand it seriously does do something to me, when you do it. i hate it.

Wasn't about you at all. Didn't think of you posting this. I was teasing mrB.

I had no idea what these were.

Ya this is kinda gross if I think about it.

I just auto parsed for the worst possible definition.

I apologize for offending you.

Would delete but no access.

I didn't even think it was a poop thing. Was thinking more like a taint kind of thing.

America
02-11-2019, 02:39 AM
its just a thing i have. it doesnt matter how u direct it. i wont ask again or be mad, cuz i know its unrealistic to ask that. im just making sure everyone knows.

misterbonkers
02-11-2019, 04:00 AM
so that only raises another question

is eating ass vegan?

Sonderbeast
02-11-2019, 04:01 AM
ya'll need jesus

America
02-11-2019, 04:02 AM
so that only raises another question

is eating ass vegan?

nope

my dads and other men are all meateaters

=)

misterbonkers
02-11-2019, 04:17 AM
looks like vegan's a no go for me then (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_cQrzQ1syw)

Swish2
02-11-2019, 05:02 AM
I don't have any vegan friends and I'm fine with that.

Cecily
02-11-2019, 07:52 AM

I feel like this is an unhealthy attitude towards poop. Everyone poops, J. I have to be ok with it because my future is going to on some level involve wiping other people’s butts, which is a big thing my mom/grandmother warned me about to keep me from being a CNA/LPN and I’m always like... ok? Normal body function that smells bad, among other normal body functions that smell bad. I find it really interesting to be able to get a picture of what’s going on with a person healthwise by looking at their poop’s texture and color.

We learned why poop is brown the other day. I know I need to study some more, but lets see what I can remember. So normal red blood cells have about a 120 day life span. They mainly go to the spleen to get destroyed, and I think the liver is the other spot, where they get broken down into heme and globin, something -> turned back into amino acids / iron from heme recirculated for new blood or excreted -> something -> bile (yellow) -> bilirubin (yellow-green) -> urobilogen (brown) waste product goes to urine and stool = poop color.

Then you can test for urobilogen and get an idea what’s going with someone’s RBCs and liver. Absolutely love diagnostic stuff.

Cecily
02-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Those colors might actually be completely wrong. Everything is a lie.

Irulan
02-11-2019, 10:21 AM
I deleted the offending image.

Irulan
02-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Did you even read the thread Tomato bro?

Estradiol is vegan btw.

Cecily
02-11-2019, 02:08 PM
I made spicy Italian sausage with garlic cauliflower “rice” and it was pretty good. Is this what being a vegan is like?

Irulan
02-11-2019, 02:10 PM
I made spicy Italian sausage with garlic cauliflower “rice” and it was pretty good. Is this what being a vegan is like?

Amazing. Ya, cauliflower rice is awesome.

Sonderbeast
02-11-2019, 03:30 PM
that's what being Keto is like

Irulan
02-11-2019, 08:54 PM
that's what being Keto is like

Vegan keto is real.

Project1984
02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
cauliflower mashed is also a nice substitute for potatoes

maskedmelon
02-14-2019, 07:07 PM
Today I ate 7tbs of butter today (3 were kerrygold ��), 2tbs of lightly fermented bovine secretions, some more robustly fermented bovine secretions, shredded, 3oz fermented soybeans, half an unfertilized galline ovum mixed well with fermented grains, 12oz ground salmon flesh, many, many leaves, a handful of almonds, 4tbs olive oil and I am somewhat embarrassed to admit, 2tbs heavily processed and delightfully flavored soy bean oil product.

Cecily
02-14-2019, 07:31 PM
Can I get some bean and bean accessories / vegetable related paraphernalia recipes please? I kinda wanna go vegetarian because meat is gross to cook with but I don’t have the necessary knowledge to not starve. I ate rice with hot sauce and olive oil the other day to give you an example.

Irulan
02-14-2019, 07:32 PM
Nice maskedmelon. I made brown rice, pintos, zucchini and some small bone in chicken thighs.

Rice and beans cooked in a separate pots. Zuchinni chicken and onions together roasted in skillet. Could have done just zucchini. Needs a fat. Try coconut, if you remove chicken.

Seasoning, turmeric, paprika, a dash of cumin, olive oil, scallions and a light touch of yellow onions. Black pepper in the beans whilst they cooked on low all day.

Nice round meal + my soylent powder earlier.

Irulan
02-14-2019, 07:36 PM
^a lot of edits sorry

Irulan
02-14-2019, 07:37 PM
Also appetizer of a somewhat light iceberg salad while everything cooked.

Irulan
02-17-2019, 09:50 AM
Eating beans and rice on flower tortillas this morning :)

Needs green salsa or Chillis tho. I could cook up some peppers and eggs + onions as a side garnish for mom. She loves peppers and eggs.

Secrets
02-17-2019, 10:12 AM
I'm not vegan but I can appreciate organic / vegetarian options.

Except Soy. Fuck soy milk.

Coconut milk tastes exactly the same and is arguably better and works the same.