PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter lvl20 dungeon?

Lamil
02-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Hey all! Rolled an Enchanter and am looking for a good spot at lvl20 to practice being a solo chanter in dungeons. Uguk seems too busy so was looking for camp/dungeon areas to explore and learn my craft while also maybe being a bit quieter. I'm not super worried about zem or any of that crap mostly just a good training ground where I could also earn some XP. Thanks!

Haghar
02-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Unfortunately there aren't that many good dungeons in the low 20's that you'll have great success with soloing in. Like you said, Upper Guk would be great but it is camped out the ass. IMO just find a good spot outdoors and charm there - the skills for charm soloing outdoors transfer very well to indoors.

Lamil
02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately there aren't that many good dungeons in the low 20's that you'll have great success with soloing in. Like you said, Upper Guk would be great but it is camped out the ass. IMO just find a good spot outdoors and charm there - the skills for charm soloing outdoors transfer very well to indoors.

Thanks Haghar! Yea I was hoping there was a zone I totally forgot about. I did 16-20 charming mobs in Lava.. was great since no one was ever there. Might try Najena but unsure if it's doable.

Legidias
02-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Runnyeye, Najena, Permafrost

Lamil
02-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Runnyeye, Najena, Permafrost

Totally forgot about Runneye. Bet it's empty too.. thanks!

loramin
02-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Don't forget about Kerra Island (everyone does)! My Enchanter's only 19 but there's still plenty of the zone that's blue or higher. It is pretty dense, but you can invis around the zone to find a good corner, then start a charm fight between a couple nearby mobs and you're all set.

It's in the middle of nowhere, but on the plus side that means it's usually completely open. Also the Kerrans drop food and water so that saves you trips back to civilization. Oh, and of course it hurts your Kerran faction, but it's not a very important faction and if you happen to be an Erudite Enchanter then you should want to destroy those cat people for role-playing reasons anyway ;)

Lamil
02-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Thank you Loramin. I've never been there but might make the trek to check it out.

Legidias
02-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Warrens too potentially.

Crede
02-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Kerra kicks ass. Sad how everyone waits for an unrest group when kerra is closer to the Druidw/wizard rings than unrest is. There’s a shit ton of mobs there. If you can get a buddy or 2 to join you there’s a higher lvl rat monk you can charm that absolutely wrecks. Or find a Druid partner who can charm the rat and you charm something else. Tecmos had a video there on his newer enchanter noman.

Lamil
02-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Thanks Crede! You guys gave me some new zones to check out

plzrelax
02-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Kurns basement/bottom level. If you preserve the mole faction you can run around the entire zone safely with just IVU

Lamil
02-05-2019, 12:08 AM
Could be that I'm terrible but the mob density in Kerra was just insane. I couldn't find a spot that had blues and also didn't have a million mobs all over the place. Maybe I just need to practice more.

Crede
02-05-2019, 12:48 AM
Could be that I'm terrible but the mob density in Kerra was just insane. I couldn't find a spot that had blues and also didn't have a million mobs all over the place. Maybe I just need to practice more.

And yet I just heard of a cleric waiting 2 hours to get into an unrest FP group yesterday.... lol. But ya there are mobs everywhere. And they cast. It's no cake walk. Full group could do work in there.

Keep at it

Lamil
02-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Ok new question would be where is a good spot to practice outside? I did Lavastorm for a few levels now I'm thinking East Karana? Sorry just getting frustrated so looking for help to keep my interest going

Crede
02-05-2019, 01:01 PM
EK until it greens out. Great way to practice. Wolves then spiders eventually. From there I’d move into loio. Can do that until 32 and hit iceclad after by TOFS.

loramin
02-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Ok new question would be where is a good spot to practice outside? I did Lavastorm for a few levels now I'm thinking East Karana? Sorry just getting frustrated so looking for help to keep my interest going

The Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my sig) is a great go to for finding new places of any sort. If you're looking for outdoor charming locations you might want to look not just at the Enchanter spots, but at the Druid spots also, because almost all of them (except a few quadding places) are animal/outdoor charming spots.

Lamil
02-05-2019, 04:02 PM
lol I've lost a lvl since trying to charm solo anything. I love your guide Loramin but everyone else reads it too.. There were 9 people at spiders and stuff in EK at noon on a Tuesday.

Tecmos Deception
02-06-2019, 01:32 AM
Don't forget about Kerra Island (everyone does)! My Enchanter's only 19 but there's still plenty of the zone that's blue or higher. It is pretty dense, but you can invis around the zone to find a good corner, then start a charm fight between a couple nearby mobs and you're all set.

It's in the middle of nowhere, but on the plus side that means it's usually completely open. Also the Kerrans drop food and water so that saves you trips back to civilization. Oh, and of course it hurts your Kerran faction, but it's not a very important faction and if you happen to be an Erudite Enchanter then you should want to destroy those cat people for role-playing reasons anyway ;)

I've always enjoyed doing like 15-20+ in there. Cool zone, quiet, pretty fun. The casters can be tricky but it's a good place to learn if you do have some basics down so that you don't get too frustrated by some of charm's quirkiness at low levels.

Dillusional
02-06-2019, 10:39 AM
When i was soloing my monk to level 24 at the bottom of Kurn's Tower, I ran into an enchanter. I'm not sure if it's worth preserving the badger faction at that point because half the mobs are badgers and you'll never come back to Kurn's, but he seemed to want to preserve his.

But yeah, kurn's tower level 20-23 or 24....try not to kill any badgers

loramin
02-06-2019, 12:15 PM
I love your guide Loramin but everyone else reads it too.. There were 9 people at spiders and stuff in EK at noon on a Tuesday.

It's a victim of its own success :) But to be fair other guides recommend EK too (the first Per-Level Guide entry for EK even links to the Druid Charm Kiting Guide by Angelhawk, because it has more details about EK), and those spiders are also the best source of spider silk in the game, so that place is popular for other reasons too.

Many of the places on the guide are under-used though. An Enchanter at that level could do Kerra Isle, which as I mentioned is almost always empty. Druids or Enchanters can do Oasis (which is popular but not that popular; I've been able to do that camp at least half the times I've tried). There's also South Karana, which has a bunch of potential camps around that level (more for Enchanters but still some for Druids too), and again it's somewhat popular but because there's so many camps there usually one is free (and if not the Aviaks in Lake Rathe next door are almost always free too).

Just some ideas.

Madbad
02-06-2019, 01:01 PM
North end of oaisis right next to the zone wall and the zone line. Tons of orcs that are blue to yellow to me at level 19. If things go bad zone line is 10 steps away, and there are enough pathers that you get to learn CC at the same time (but few enough that you won't lose your shit)

When sow drops run back to EC, beg some buffs, gate back and start over.

Lamil
02-06-2019, 01:02 PM
Sorry Loramin I'm not complaining about you making such a great guide I just mean the spots you listed are starting to not be out of the way =). I ended up in Najena last night and had a pretty good time once I got in a groove. With my chanter I seem to go through a good patch then once I hit the next tier of things I need to be hunting I suddenly get my ass kicked a lot and get frustrated. All part of growing as an Enchanter I guess. I'm also trying to watch more videos to get a feel for the basics.

Thank you all for helping me and sorry if this thread shows some frustration I just really want to play this character as I have fun with it but there are patches of severe frustration =)

LadyRae
02-06-2019, 01:14 PM
There is also Befallen, but Kerra isl is good.