PDA

View Full Version : Reading RoZs boards. And discord.

Irulan
02-04-2019, 11:16 AM
I felt like Roz while probably the technically superior server code wise thanks to on going contributions from well know major faggits is the genuine circle jerk.

This community is split into two groups of cucks that are too bitchmade to play on the same box with more cool and normal folks.

And so they split off and built their own little play pen and called it RoZ.

There is genuinely too much testosterone in this community for me to consider remaining an active participant on either box. A lot of constant salty male tears.

It's made me re-evaluate my life choices.

I wanted to make love to you one last time EQ PvP. Alas, your butt holes remain unshaven and unplucked.

R. I. P.

LostCause
02-04-2019, 02:00 PM
cool farming kronos as we speak

9272 atm

beversami
02-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Each sentence does not require a new paragraph, this isn't green text, fag.

Nirgon
02-04-2019, 03:57 PM
2 genders

Hundreds of kinds of gay

El Prez
05-01-2019, 03:10 PM

I wanted to make love to you one last time EQ PvP. Alas, your butt holes remain

Sometimes I stop and think about how much time I spent interacting with people in this community. Better to quit late than never.

Nirgon
05-01-2019, 03:36 PM
You'd think he'd remember ONE of the Trakanons he got from Nihilum lol

quido
05-09-2019, 08:13 AM
RoZ has no rules except no cheating/exploiting. It caters to a more hardcore community.

Think of the number of Everquest players who want to play a PvP server. Then think of the subset of those players who want to play on a no-rules training-legal server. Then think of the subset of those players who want to play with item loot for PvP kills. Most Everquesters don't have that kind of mettle. We're the few, the proud, the elite.

Our server is less than a year old and already we are pushing into Luclin with numerous optimizations to help facilitate PvP.

DinoTriz2
05-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Is Lulz chatting it up on the RoZ forums?

Ignight
05-09-2019, 09:18 AM
RoZ has no rules except no cheating/exploiting. It caters to a more hardcore community.

Think of the number of Everquest players who want to play a PvP server. Then think of the subset of those players who want to play on a no-rules training-legal server. Then think of the subset of those players who want to play with item loot for PvP kills. Most Everquesters don't have that kind of mettle. We're the few, the proud, the elite.

Our server is less than a year old and already we are pushing into Luclin with numerous optimizations to help facilitate PvP.

Because "training" is elite.

Nirgon
05-09-2019, 10:03 AM

Dentist crew has great things to say about it

You all know what I want and how to get me.

Genedin
05-09-2019, 10:20 AM

What is the population like? Is it classic exp/items/etc, just in luclin now?

Have a squad of RL friends that decided to get into EQ for god knows why, right now playing on blue but its not very fun.

kotton05
05-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Under a hundred with 3 boxing

Tassador
05-09-2019, 12:12 PM

Have a squad of RL friends that decided to get into EQ for god knows why, right now playing on blue but its not very fun.

Oh man you're playing on blue? Here is my 2019 advice. We about halfway to 2020, you're on blue get new friends and don't waste time on EQ.

Hope this helps.

quido
05-09-2019, 01:10 PM

We simply choose to not enforce training because doing so is a CSR nightmare and we prefer our server to be more sand-boxy and we can let the community police itself. To get into further detail, though, we actually have a few minor custom mechanics that help discourage training and help mitigate its effects. But we think players should be able to play the game any way they want, short of cheating.

quido
05-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Under a hundred with 3 boxing

We've actually been well above a hundred quite frequently recently (which I think is pretty good for everyone's 6th year of velious or whatever), and only about half of our players at a given time are even multiboxing at all. I personally hate boxing and would prefer to PvP on a single character unless I really needed to box for some reason.

kotton05
05-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Eqemulator says 92 is average sorry I was wrong and that’s with 3 boxing lol

El Camacho
05-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Exactly.

Bringing mobs to fight other players pretty much makes it PvE.

quido
05-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Exactly.

Bringing mobs to fight other players pretty much makes it PvE.

If you don't like getting trained, do something about it.

hatelore
05-09-2019, 09:56 PM
I felt like Roz while probably the technically superior server code wise thanks to on going contributions from well know major faggits is the genuine circle jerk.

This community is split into two groups of cucks that are too bitchmade to play on the same box with more cool and normal folks.

And so they split off and built their own little play pen and called it RoZ.

There is genuinely too much testosterone in this community for me to consider remaining an active participant on either box. A lot of constant salty male tears.

I wanted to make love to you one last time EQ PvP. Alas, your butt holes remain unshaven and unplucked.

R. I. P.

I really cant help the size of my nuts.

(pistachio nuts)

Ignight
05-10-2019, 05:50 AM
We simply choose to not enforce training because doing so is a CSR nightmare and we prefer our server to be more sand-boxy and we can let the community police itself. To get into further detail, though, we actually have a few minor custom mechanics that help discourage training and help mitigate its effects. But we think players should be able to play the game any way they want, short of cheating.

Seem all the same behavior people cry about on R99 is legal on RoZ. Thereby making the worst players on R99 the best of RoZ.

kotton05
05-10-2019, 08:57 AM
A whole 11 kills (total across the whole server)) on RoZ yesterday! really thriving can’t wait till Luclin ... lol said no one ever (that mattered)

quido
05-10-2019, 09:54 AM
Merkk aren't you playing blue now? :)

Genedin
05-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Oh man you're playing on blue? Here is my 2019 advice. We about halfway to 2020, you're on blue get new friends and don't waste time on EQ.

Hope this helps.

Hoping to train them how to play then get them on a pvp server.

Video games are video games, its all a waste of time. If not EQ I'd be playing something else. Key is don't let it interfere with building a family, and a life for them.

Madbad
05-10-2019, 12:31 PM
#packetsofdeath2019

Ivah
05-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Seem all the same behavior people cry about on R99 is legal on RoZ. Thereby making the worst players on R99 the best of RoZ.

Can we get a good list of these better/worst players from someone reliable like yourself? Or do these stupid troll attempts just gaggle out of your mouth when tune's done fucking your cockhole?

hatelore
05-10-2019, 06:34 PM

Or you could put it another way: pussy crybabies who don’t want any competition and enjoy their free farm play on dead99.

Then you have those other guys, big dick , 100 dollar cigar smoking badass folk that like pvp and admire the old Wild West and John Wayne. Yeah, they play on RoZ.

hatelore
05-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Now go fetch my bath water, boy!

Ignight
05-10-2019, 07:13 PM
Can we get a good list of these better/worst players from someone reliable like yourself? Or do these stupid troll attempts just gaggle out of your mouth when tune's done fucking your cockhole?

The List: Everyone who cries on these forums about this person or that person breaking the "rules". It's pretty long. I'm sure you're on it. I personally just love pointing out the hypocrites yall have become (or always were.) Nothing but joy to trigger ya. Weren't you in Apex? I seem to recall you were.

Or you could put it another way: pussy crybabies who don’t want any competition and enjoy their free farm play on dead99.

Then you have those other guys, big dick , 100 dollar cigar smoking badass folk that like pvp and admire the old Wild West and John Wayne. Yeah, they play on RoZ.

Competition was always fine with me. PvP is all good. For years been watching these forums as you all cried over and over about how Tune/Apex broke this rule or that rule. GMs wouldn't do anything. Boo hoo. OMG, they ruined the server with their cheating!

Then....you went to RoZ and did exactly the same things. LoL. Pathetic.

quido
05-10-2019, 07:28 PM
this thread sucks

Nirgon
05-10-2019, 08:54 PM
It's going down hill real fast

kotton05
05-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Merkk aren't you playing blue now? :)

Dalaran

quido
05-11-2019, 09:33 PM

Population goes over a hundred though about half our players are boxing at any given moment - we allow a maximum of 3 boxes. We are currently in Velious but have a few features from Luclin in the game currently. Rise of Zek is 95% classic with a few custom changes for PVP balance and playability. Our experience is very fast.

El Camacho
05-12-2019, 09:44 AM
If you don't like getting trained, do something about it.

Just to point out the painfully obvious, but avoiding RoZ is step one in doing something about it.

Tassador
05-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Would play red code again on reset everything else is troll ignight bitch ass.

kotton05
05-13-2019, 07:50 AM
100 / 3 = 33 people playing sounds fun

quido
05-13-2019, 07:58 AM
Merkk don't be salty just because your guild got outbearded and you're not cut out for the pvp box lyfe.

kotton05
05-13-2019, 08:39 AM
Merkk don't be salty just because your guild got outbearded and you're not cut out for the pvp box lyfe.

I stopped playing RoZ out of boredom because there was basically no one left and your shitty programming , guess I’m not cut out for it considering my shits took shits on everyone on that server. My statement is still true 100 / 3 = 30 people. While yours is false and salted.

quido
05-13-2019, 08:49 AM
Just to point out the painfully obvious, but avoiding RoZ is step one in doing something about it.

I played in TMO during the non-CSR era in Veeshan's Peak and enjoyed it more than any other time I spent on blue. Even without mechanics modifications to deter training, training is not that big of a deal against a prepared enemy. The scene in VP turned into a beautiful symphony of trains, counter-trains, and dragon kills. I found these kills to be more rewarding than any others I experienced on the server.

Having rules against training inevitably results in unequal enforcement. This is not a knock - it's just reality. Everquest is very much a "shit happens" kind of game and I think it's a colossal waste of time trying to sort out who trained who. On our server we don't disallow training because we want to encourage training, we just don't have the staff or the desire to enforce play on that level. What we have done, however, is slightly alter mechanics to discourage training and make it less easy. On RoZ when you flop mobs on someone and stand back up (or get your FD broken), the amount of hate you receive from FD memory is greater than what your target receives from fresh body aggro. All the trainee needs to do to fuck you over is whip a javelin at you or land just a single hit and the mobs will bounce back to the trainer. This mechanic stops people from being able to train you and then stand up and PVP you while you deal with the train.

quido
05-13-2019, 08:59 AM
I stopped playing RoZ out of boredom because there was basically no one left and your shitty programming , guess I’m not cut out for it considering my shits took shits on everyone on that server. My statement is still true 100 / 3 = 30 people. While yours is false and salted.

Merkk most people don't 3box or even 2box most of the time. At any given moment only half the server at most is even multiboxing at all, let alone 3boxing. I counted 69 simultaneous unique players just a few days ago, and this is in the naturally low-pop late velious era. We're doing a lot of things right, especially for a small team.

We've continued to improve our server since you left, and we will continue to create the best box for PVP even if no one plays it. Sticks and stones may break my boners but your words will never hurt me - I am the most talented Everquest PVP Developer of all time! Maybe

No hard feelings buddy - I hope we can be pals again some day.

Nirgon
05-13-2019, 10:26 AM
Open RoZ Green with 4 lvl range / item loot

quido
05-13-2019, 10:34 AM
Open RoZ Green with 4 lvl range / item loot

We are very much looking forward to RoZ 2.0, but we will not be rushing it. We're starting to really dial in the content and mechanics, and when things are looking really good we will open another box.

Currently RoZ has 4-level PVP range and one-item item loot.

Nirgon
05-13-2019, 02:32 PM
Ya but not a selection from all worn/general?

It's very close

Tassador
05-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Will mobs move in newbie zone?
Will you make the journey not some custom piece of shit? And not that locking levels bullshit.
Will I be able to buy every fucking spell including ice comet?

And if you actually want people.

How close to red or classic can you get it to be?

If not enjoy the fucking losers who will play any box you open so might as well just open it now asshole.

P.S. wont be playing this shit. Reset red.

Tassador
05-13-2019, 02:51 PM
and I know ROZ didn't lock levels just saying that idea is retarded. If somebody wants to take PTO or lose their job/relationships for EQ.

That's the game brother keep it casual.

El Camacho
05-13-2019, 04:14 PM
Agree with you about the bigger PvP fights. Though when a few retards start dragging huge trains into the other group, that usually ends the fun. Incidental agro is ok. Shit happens.

I dig that you don't have staff to deal with the shitshow of people training/whatever. Love your tweak to FD agro though. Very nice.

Swish2
05-13-2019, 04:23 PM

What do you actually play though? :o

HippoNipple
05-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Will mobs move in newbie zone?
Will you make the journey not some custom piece of shit? And not that locking levels bullshit.
Will I be able to buy every fucking spell including ice comet?

And if you actually want people.

How close to red or classic can you get it to be?

If not enjoy the fucking losers who will play any box you open so might as well just open it now asshole.

I can answer this.

Yes to mobs moving
No level locks
Research can be purchased in EC tunnel, you still have to find dropped spells
As far as classic goes, it is very close to classic, some of it is closer to classic than red99. The changes are intentional, like resists on spells, to balance caster vs melee.

Other intentional changes: increased exp, up to 3 box now, was 2 box in classic/kunark (this will change as population changes, if the population was high enough it would probably be single box), item loot on items not worn (you can loot items in bags).

I'm probably missing some but it is not a drug box like the image/devnoob servers.

Tassador
05-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Yeah can’t do that increased exp crap. Enjoy the journey and low to mid tier pvp. Fuck that race to 50 before you fight once and gettingto 50 is 2 days for neckbeards.

HippoNipple
05-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Yeah can’t do that increased exp crap. Enjoy the journey and low to mid tier pvp. Fuck that race to 50 before you fight once and gettingto 50 is 2 days for neckbeards.

It was closer to classic when the server launched, they made it fast now so new people could catch up. I don't know what they will do for the next server.

The plan is to have new servers open up with some type of classic timeline and once they get to PoP merge into the original server and start up again.

I remember when kunark opened up and I think the exp was slower than Red99. I would quad in TD and get 1-2 exp per quad at raptors. Meaning 2-4 kills for 1% exp solo.

kotton05
05-14-2019, 10:54 AM
30 people three boxing and about 20 kills yesterday. Must be thriving (not) hahah I wonder why.

Eslade
05-14-2019, 07:30 PM

You're probably not the target audience. More than welcome to not log in.

quido
05-14-2019, 08:34 PM
30 people three boxing and about 20 kills yesterday. Must be thriving (not) hahah I wonder why.

Love you and miss you Merkk

Tassador
05-15-2019, 06:42 AM
You're probably not the target audience. More than welcome to not log in.

Don’t get all soft and shit cause 60 people will be the box peak at its highest. You want people should try removing boxing and make the experience more classic or closer to red99.

That shit will fail and you all will make version 3 and it will be rinse repeat. I’ll be here to eat my words if it doesn’t but not even close to worried about that kid. Hope you swallow your shit and admit it when you all start making version fucking asshole :)

kotton05
05-15-2019, 09:05 AM
You lost me at the end tass

hatelore
05-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Merkk def misses. Best sicko RoZ ever had.

Tassador
05-15-2019, 10:04 AM
Sum it up roz 2 and 3 will fail. Nobody wants a non-custom shit box.

kotton05
05-15-2019, 10:23 AM
These turds nerfed the crown of rile click gaining aggro but let people spam hobby ears to gain aggro. Also nerfed vp 2.0 loot but kept fear 2.0 in. They had a chance to make it thrive but instead the coded it into the ground.

HippoNipple
05-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Sum it up roz 2 and 3 will fail. Nobody wants a non-custom shit box.

Every PvP server fails if you just mean decreased population. I'm looking forward to season 2, the population was high for over 6 months in season 1 and was a huge success for me compared to my expectations. Red99 got down to single digits the first summer it was open and people blamed it on exp penalty on death. RoZ has item loot, which is much more harsh. I don't know who these people are raiding on here right now, most likely from blue, but Red99 hasn't provided a PvP experience in a long time.

There isn't that much custom stuff on the box. Everything matches up to the everquest zam website. The main things that differ from red99 is item loot, fluctuating exp rates (slow in classic/kunark, faster end of kunark+), resist system to balance casters/melee and 2-3 boxing depending on population. All the coding has been fixed and works really well now. It wasn't that good when the server started.

HippoNipple
05-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Also to add to the list of custom stuff. The server does have things like PvP events that are custom or recently Renly made a twitch channel that follows random players and tries to track PvP so you can watch it. If you had a good encounter you can go back and save the video which is a pretty cool feature. It has a delay so people can't use it to track people down.

Merkk would have loved that feature if it was in back when he played.

Nirgon
05-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Classic worn item loot will guarantee me playing Roz 2.0 / crooting players to come

kotton05
05-15-2019, 01:58 PM
Sounds like a cool feature too bad no one really plays anymore

hatelore
05-15-2019, 02:31 PM
I can honestly say. The very best I ever experienced was on red. There is a lot the gm’s did not get right, but let’s face it, this was just a little project they pushed, and they had to learn as they went along.

Def far from perfect, but I praise them for putting up with all of our autistic asses. It’s a fun ass box, not perfect but very very fun. The issue with the server now is the same any box faces over time, guild sizes get lopsided and you end up with 1 big guild. Just how eq life goes~

hatelore
05-15-2019, 02:32 PM
But Merkk is definitely a personality that is missed. He is one of the few that added his own little “personality” to the whole box. I don’t knock him for leaving, but we all miss that crazy motherfucker.

hatelore
05-15-2019, 02:33 PM
RoZ I mean. Red sucked. Too many rules and corrupt gm’s.

kotton05
05-15-2019, 04:17 PM
was fun till jeremy and bert went all nazi censoring being little bitches banning people from discord over words in 2019 along with globally muting people like some soyboy limp writsted beta cucks they are.

roz is fucked but the beginning was lit

HippoNipple
05-15-2019, 05:12 PM
was fun till jeremy and bert went all nazi censoring being little bitches banning people from discord over words in 2019 along with globally muting people like some soyboy limp writsted beta cucks they are.

roz is fucked but the beginning was lit

It is actually a lot better now code wise and GM involvement is in a good place but no one plays anymore so it doesn't matter. They are thinking people will jump on since it is going to the moon in a couple weeks but I don't think the population will pick up again until they do a fresh start.

Are you playing the new WoW server with us in August?

quido
05-16-2019, 07:57 AM
Merkk doesn't report bugs and is mad when they're not fixed. We attempted to stop all clickies from building hate - they should simply get you on the hate list - but if that isn't working right, it's news to me.

The expectation of having Veeshan's Peak 2.0 in Kunark is completely laughable.

I don't think Merkk even understands why he is upset with RoZ.

HippoNipple
05-16-2019, 09:05 AM
I think he just got burned out after going hard for so long. We will get him back for 2.0 as long as he doesnt get immersed in that green 99 bullshit

kotton05
05-16-2019, 10:28 AM
Classic wow is kind of bad compared to the WoTLK server I play on

kotton05
05-16-2019, 10:30 AM
Merkk doesn't report bugs and is mad when they're not fixed. We attempted to stop all clickies from building hate - they should simply get you on the hate list - but if that isn't working right, it's news to me.

The expectation of having Veeshan's Peak 2.0 in Kunark is completely laughable.

I don't think Merkk even understands why he is upset with RoZ.

Cringing , you fucked tons of shit up Grats on your 30 person server drug box 2.0 is during quicker than the actual drug box

Lots is news to you and your supposed to be the programmer go figure

Tassador
05-16-2019, 10:59 AM
RoZ 2.0 will have a player base of 40ish by month 2. And the majority of unique players will casual their way out the door by week 3. I’ll be here for news on RoZ 3.0.

HippoNipple
05-16-2019, 11:18 AM
Maybe it will. 1.0 had over 100 players 4-6 months in. Red99 had about 10 players 6 months in. We will see.

Tassador
05-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Wow

Mingo
05-16-2019, 11:50 AM
RoZ was a lot of fun and offered a decent sandbox while it lasted. In the end the project management is the real issue; Renly is so thirsty for population that he'll allow anything to transpire.

The immersion fell apart for me when people started donating $20 to get character changes, name changes, race changes, unbanned etc. If you don't have $20, no big deal, you can turn VP into a Brony playhouse and attack people from beneath the world and get unbanned as long as you submit a shirtless selfie.

There became no lasting penalty for players banned/suspended for stuff as blatant as scripts and zone file changes. Checkraise would have had a hell of a successful campaign in elf court on RoZ had he played.

The devs shilling and pandering to the underdogs was probably for the best in hindsight; they just got played and were too heavy handed in their implementation. There was no malice in the original efforts but there was heavy trolling in the aftermath.

kotton05
05-16-2019, 05:04 PM
Man that video cracked me up goat is one crazy dude

HippoNipple
05-17-2019, 01:44 AM
red99 maintained good population until velious was old stop exaggerating. And if you don't play here hippo go away, your comments are always negative. Both blue and red can be fun in moderation.

Key word is in moderation, its everquest and its 2019.

Population got down to single digits during classic before Kunark. I'm not exaggerating. I'm not sure why you would take offence to that.

Tassador
05-17-2019, 08:01 AM
Single digits classic way better than RoZ at peak. Pop rejuvenated in kunark and was hitting legit 300 in velious. RoZ in a year has you and three kids talking about how cool it is to be on a custom shit box.

Really hope for you all sake actuall pvp goes down and people play this time. Boxing should have consequences and three box off the go is fucking newb quest man.

shokar
05-17-2019, 08:05 AM
no need to play dumb ass fucking elf court bullshit on RoZ. You can dispense as much justice as you see fit with your cleric alt.

To get the same results on Dead99 you have to wait 3-6 months and then hope Sirken hasnt smoked himself retarded the day he opens your petition, and then maybe he punishes your tormentor. (By the way if your train in retaliation you get banned too)

Anyone who is against legal training in everquest PVP is mentally deficient.

quido
05-17-2019, 09:45 AM
I speak with Brad regularly and he said that RoZ is carrying on his vision in the spirit of Everquest.

hatelore
05-17-2019, 10:19 AM
100% agree. RoZ pvp is solid. No rules other than outright cheating was bradicus’s vision.

hatelore
05-17-2019, 10:19 AM
No rules other than “no” outright cheating.

kotton05
05-17-2019, 12:06 PM
Brad spits on you jeremy

quido
05-17-2019, 02:25 PM
Brad and I are tight

Zalaerian
05-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Enjoying ROZ

Caster vs melee balance very close with focus effects in

SamwiseRed
05-17-2019, 08:33 PM
Red99 and drugs
Roz and pedophilia

Hard pass

kotton05
05-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Whole server is bad and brad doesn’t exist on roz

quido
05-19-2019, 04:55 AM
RoZ is fucking awesome and both Merkk and Brad know it.

Know RoZ, Know PvP
No RoZ, No PvP

HippoNipple
05-20-2019, 02:39 AM
Merkk we pvped in kael and wl for 4 hours Saturday and took the target. We could use some merkk trains.

Sirlious Mudhbuth
05-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Now RoZ has Anti-Train AND Anti-Plug?

Jesus, count me in.

Darksinga
05-22-2019, 05:28 AM
RoZ classic was some of the best EQ times I’ve had, even counting live and VZTZ since 2007.

Like any other server, shit gets stale as time goes on.

Rather than working on Luclin, which will definitely not increase population, id just go for a RoZ 2.0 route with a different rule set.

Try race wars, or Sullon Zek deity style.

Also not sure if a troll but no rules was one of the biggest pros to RoZ. Including training.

Darksinga
05-22-2019, 05:31 AM
I also want to suggest keeping the non Zerg mentality if you guys do another iteration.

Scaling encounters down for Velious was a smart move. Making everything doable with 20 boxed toons (2 per IP,) resulting in 10 total I feel would make zerging unnecessary

Ignight
05-22-2019, 05:46 AM
Like any other server, shit gets stale as time goes on.

Which is exactly why a Red 99 reset won't fix anything for forum questers. When those that wanted it get "bored", they'll quit again. Then come back to the forums and start the campaign to wipe all over again.

Make another server. Do things your way. Be happy.

Tassador
05-22-2019, 07:57 AM
Of course people will get bored of the same game over time and probably want a new reset. Not you cause you’re an insane person. Fucking clown.

HippoNipple
05-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Things getting stale is exactly why you do a reset, not why you just say fuck it and never reset it because things will eventually get stale again. Who knew servers would need some attention and upkeep to make it fun and fresh for players?

As for RoZ timeline as Darksinga was talking about:

Luclin - first week of June
PoP - Not sure
Goal for RoZ 2.0 - November

Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP - Something like 3 months per expansion going forward, 15 month seasons.

I doubt they will make anything like teams for the next season. Teams wouldn't work well with this neck beard community that tries to cheese content every chance they get. For example what if players from your team raided content and then went and looted on their other char on a different team, to give themselves immune pve chars. Also, teams are only relevant if worn item loot is in. It gives you more of a safety net but on these emulator servers you really want to be able to kill anyone that isn't in your guild. You don't want people you want to kill immune to pvp.

HippoNipple
05-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Just to further explain about the teams... it makes more sense when there are 20 guilds but if there are only 2 real guilds with a couple small niche bullshit guilds teams aren't needed.

Ignight
05-22-2019, 02:17 PM
I disagree. If you want a server that "resets", go make one. Prove you're right. Don't ruin it for those who still play just to satisfy those who don't.

HippoNipple
05-22-2019, 02:31 PM
I disagree. If you want a server that "resets", go make one. Prove you're right. Don't ruin it for those who still play just to satisfy those who don't.

I play on RoZ and am happy with it, thanks. Just talking EQ here fella.

Ignight
05-22-2019, 05:19 PM
I play on RoZ and am happy with it, thanks. Just talking EQ here fella.

Try posting here (https://riseofzek.com/index.php). They need you.

HippoNipple
05-23-2019, 09:56 AM
Try posting here (https://riseofzek.com/index.php). They need you.

You have to be the most unfunny and worthless poster on here right now.

Tassador
05-23-2019, 12:33 PM

Eslade
05-23-2019, 02:07 PM

Ignight
05-23-2019, 05:08 PM
Cry me a river.

Ivah
05-23-2019, 05:59 PM

Ignight
05-23-2019, 08:03 PM
You can leave anytime. :D:D:D

Ignight
05-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Ragequit the forums like you did R99. I won't miss you, promise.

quido
05-24-2019, 03:21 PM
Who here likes PVP?

quido
05-25-2019, 07:55 PM
Lots of great PVP on RoZ since anti-train was implemented.

Mingo
05-25-2019, 10:00 PM
Careful pal, you’re coming off desperate. Thirsty for population is a bad look.

SamwiseRed
05-26-2019, 01:22 AM

M'lord

quido
05-27-2019, 12:38 AM

I'm not operating under the illusion that what I say here will increase/decrease our population.

If you build it, they will come.

kotton05
05-27-2019, 06:12 AM
This ain’t no field of dreams think the ships sailed for that

quido
05-27-2019, 02:57 PM
No that's not true.

SamwiseRed
05-27-2019, 03:50 PM
i can only hope someone drags me out back and puts me down before running a garbage box becomes my magnum opus

quido
05-27-2019, 04:15 PM
i can only hope someone drags me out back and puts me down before running a garbage box becomes my magnum opus

I don't understand what you are saying. Could you please explain?

HippoNipple
05-28-2019, 10:18 AM
I don't understand what you are saying. Could you please explain?

He is saying he would rather be killed by someone than become what you have become.

Honestly though most of the hard work for the GMs are behind them. Once you have a server where you want it there isn't much upkeep. They structured the server rules to require as little GM interference as possible.

Mingo
05-28-2019, 10:52 PM
He is saying he would rather be killed by someone than become what you have become.

Honestly though most of the hard work for the GMs are behind them. Once you have a server where you want it there isn't much upkeep. They structured the server rules to require as little GM interference as possible.

Do you know if they've solved the nasty riddle of being able to track invisible player characters? I hear that one is a real duesenberg.

kotton05
05-29-2019, 11:16 AM
Naw he is prolly too busy making the server worse while sticking handfuls of pistachio nuts up his ass

quido
05-29-2019, 12:21 PM
RoZ 2.0 guaranteed 3000 pop u heard it here first

shokar
05-29-2019, 03:21 PM

thx bush

Genedin
05-30-2019, 10:55 AM

when does this launch

hatelore
05-30-2019, 01:37 PM
Naw he is prolly too busy making the server worse while sticking handfuls of pistachio nuts up his ass

I rolfled. Lol

quido
05-30-2019, 01:37 PM
when does this launch

We're saying November-ish currently - about the time people start realizing how unenduring a gameplay experience classic WoW is ;)

quido
05-30-2019, 01:39 PM
I haven't even tried to fix the invis tracking thing yet but because Alvin is my bro I'm gonna take a look sometime this weekend.

Mingo
05-30-2019, 02:27 PM
My man. No rush on that if you have more pressing things. I have planned my return for November 28th 2019. I'll login and enjoy my pixel package of BIS item discoveries so that there can be a resistance. Looking forward to some juicy loots, i know you won't let me down.

kotton05
05-31-2019, 09:40 AM
RoZ pop = 46 / 3, so like 15 people right now

R99 pop = 25 / 2, so about 12 people right now

Pick your poison I’m sure both servers are lit

quido
05-31-2019, 09:50 AM
Merkk bro it is clear you are disgruntled and are trying to paint as negative a picture as possible. Lighten up dogg. Most people don't even like boxing and try to avoid it - we simply allow it because we don't have 1000 pop.

Our server is showing close to 150 at peak hours. PvP is on the rise, and Luclin is due to release next week. We are continuing to improve the quality of content and mechanics on the box on a daily basis. Three employed hobbyist devs have already surpassed the quality of mechanics on r99 and have added pvp-oriented features that don't exist on any other box, and our content is slowly catching up to the quality of p99 (largely thanks to p99) - not to mention Luclin.

A lot of people are having more fun than ever playing RoZ currently. If you're too blue for RoZ now, I understand, but don't try to bring the rest of us down!

quido
05-31-2019, 09:51 AM
My man. No rush on that if you have more pressing things. I have planned my return for November 28th 2019. I'll login and enjoy my pixel package of BIS item discoveries so that there can be a resistance. Looking forward to some juicy loots, i know you won't let me down.

Apologies, friend, but we have a policy in place that turkeys only can provide cosmetic items.

Dwarflord
05-31-2019, 11:20 AM
Please stop promoting other servers here.

kotton05
05-31-2019, 11:20 AM
Pvp on the rise almost 30 unique yellow text yesterday ! Thinking you surpassed nilbog is unreal must be really boring scraping barnacles off them boats..

quido
05-31-2019, 11:25 AM
Pvp on the rise almost 30 unique yellow text yesterday ! Thinking you surpassed nilbog is unreal must be really boring scraping barnacles off them boats..

We surpassed Rogean and the other short-lived PVP devs - I have no delusions about nilbog being the champ in terms of content and classic. Our mechanics are better :)

kotton05
05-31-2019, 12:32 PM
TLDR Dev from drugbox 2.0 (rise of Shit) trying to claim emulated clout when the mechanics are shit

quido
05-31-2019, 01:16 PM
The only mechanic I can think of that's truly fucked currently is tracking, and ours isn't as fucked as p99's is. But then look at what we have that they don't:

Antiplug - though not flawless our implementation is largely effective and continually improving

Jeriance - a smart and fair variance system that loosens the top guild's stranglehold and gives challenger guilds a better shot at content

Anti-train - new system still being tweaked but already is promoting a large amount of PvP

Cross-Zone DoT Kills - Yellowtext is generated from PvP DoT kills after the target/caster zone

No Petitionquest - our only rules are against cheating and exploiting

Item Discovery - fun feature

Discord Integration - can follow server happenings on Discord while not in game

Character and Bazaar browser - transparency and quality of life

Anticheat - we have the best anticheat and pride ourselves on clean PvP

PvP Balance Adjustments - our PvP is better-tuned across the board with individual features to help PvP such as anti-rezbox training, anti-coth training, and the nerfing of instant escapes, overpowered clickies, and other unbalanced game elements.

Outside of our superior mechanics, we pride ourselves on our rapid response to game issues and our lack of in-game intervention outside of the most extreme scenarios that demand it.

Also since you've left, Merkk, I spent two weeks reworking our melee system including ranged and throwing - it is now superior to p99's implementation especially in terms of PvP. Stats are meaningful and our AC code works beautifully according to the era. Look at all we've done in less than a year and tell me we're doing poorly :p

RoZ rules!

El Camacho
05-31-2019, 05:45 PM
Tracking on P99 is fixed.
Not sure when, but works perfect.

Ignight
05-31-2019, 06:20 PM
Looking desperate recruiting on "Dead 99".

quido
06-01-2019, 12:11 AM
yet you guys have made this the most poppin thread on this forum =D

play where you want to man - I'm not twisting anyone's arm over playing on RoZ or not, but I will stand my ground on the virtues of our little box - we're on a crusade to create the most solid eqpvp experience out there and we are fully immersed

Darksinga
06-01-2019, 03:51 AM
yet you guys have made this the most poppin thread on this forum =D

play where you want to man - I'm not twisting anyone's arm over playing on RoZ or not, but I will stand my ground on the virtues of our little box - we're on a crusade to create the most solid eqpvp experience out there and we are fully immersed

You guys have done great work, but one thing you need to realize is if you make too many changes, you stray away from original game play and concepts.

Overpowered tactics and or items is a part of Norrath. Not sure what anti training is, but training (was legal back in classic,) allowed a single group delay an entire raid, if you were determined enough.

The same thing happens with Zek seasons where instead of aiming for a more classic experience, you start to balance. That is great and fine, but definitely makes game play different than classic, which messes with my nostalgia.

Looking forward to your folks next iteration

Dwarflord
06-01-2019, 01:41 PM
if its so awesome why you advertising it here, your server never went past 250 and no one cares because everquest pvp is stupid.

HippoNipple
06-01-2019, 04:08 PM
You guys have done great work, but one thing you need to realize is if you make too many changes, you stray away from original game play and concepts.

Overpowered tactics and or items is a part of Norrath. Not sure what anti training is, but training (was legal back in classic,) allowed a single group delay an entire raid, if you were determined enough.

The same thing happens with Zek seasons where instead of aiming for a more classic experience, you start to balance. That is great and fine, but definitely makes game play different than classic, which messes with my nostalgia.

The overpowered tactics you talk about chased away a lot of people though and probably some of your crew. Anti training was really made for Velious. Basically mobs won't aggro others if they are a certain distance away from their spawn point unless people do something to pull aggro. Doesn't just work exactly like that but that is the the general idea.

I agree with not straying too much from classic though, I really didn't like devnoob servers for that reason. It needs to look and feel like classic everquest. I enjoyed the balancing of classes by tweaking AC and resists though.

quido
06-01-2019, 05:56 PM
if its so awesome why you advertising it here, your server never went past 250 and no one cares because everquest pvp is stupid.

I didn't create these threads about RoZ, and your statement is actually stupid.

heartbrand
06-01-2019, 10:43 PM

Training was not legal in classic EQ, unless you’re referencing SZ. I was a senior guide during the era where guides had power, and you would be suspended for training.

Dwarflord
06-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Cool story about you being a senior guide and a drug free loser

work on it

quido
06-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Yes I agree it can be a slippery slope in terms of destroying what makes Everquest classic great. In general our "classic-modification" changes in mechanics are an attempt to curb an imbalanced meta before it gets too far out of hand. As a slightly-experimental Everquest PVP server, we try to do what we can to encourage PVP. If some classic element prevents real PVP from happening, we are open to adjusting it. This is what happened with rez-box and CotH training - these tactics were being used in lieu of PVP so much that parties who would prefer to PVP were forced to say to themselves "well I'm at a serious disadvantage of I don't rez/coth train as well, so I'd better start doing it." When we make these changes, we try to ask ourselves if it's in the spirit of Everquest, and if we think it is, I'll give Brad a quick call on Skype to make sure it doesn't violate his vision; so far he has been in support of all our changes for PVP balance. The server is still 99.99% classic when you really think about it.

Dwarflord
06-03-2019, 12:44 PM
Even brad moved on thats how bad at life you are

quido
06-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Even brad moved on thats how bad at life you are

You're posting on an Elfquest forum. Care to rescind your idiotic statement?

kotton05
06-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Shouldn’t you be programming bragging you’re better than rogean

quido
06-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Not saying one of us is a better programmer, but I do assert that RoZ has superior PVP mechanics. Is there anything I can say or do that doesn't rustle you old pal? :confused:

Dwarflord
06-03-2019, 05:32 PM
if it has superior mechanics its because rogean does not care, red99 was just a troll to get problem players off blue

it worked

hence why there was 0 updates of any kind for years, and the only customer service we had was amelinda

on a side note i liked her : )

Zalaerian
06-03-2019, 06:31 PM
Enjoy the work being done here. Kewl and normal staff

heartbrand
06-03-2019, 06:44 PM
I’m really glad someone took the time to move this thread

Dwarflord
06-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Enjoy the work being done here. Kewl and normal staff

You are the one who spent thousands of hours raiding velious, not me

I never stepped in TOV once ( or thurgadin or kael )

sorry you lost ( Farmed full set of raid gear pretended you were good, zerged all content then quit )

Mingo
06-04-2019, 12:21 AM
Apologies, friend, but we have a policy in place that turkeys only can provide cosmetic items.

No need to apologize. I was very unlikely to return either way.

-- When third party program "bans" last anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks i'm out.

-- When people get caught using third party programs but the project manager decides to unban them but change their race and name to throw the playerbase off the scent, i'm out.

-- When people who change their zone files so that they can train/pvp from beneath the world get unbanned within 72 hours by sending a shirtless selfie to the project manager, yikes, i'm out.

I'm happy you're having fun coding EQ PVP but the RoZ project is a rotten fish at this point regardless of the work you do.

kotton05
06-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Someone needs to take this thread outback and shoot it

quido
06-04-2019, 12:22 PM
No need to apologize. I was very unlikely to return either way.

-- When third party program "bans" last anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks i'm out.

-- When people get caught using third party programs but the project manager decides to unban them but change their race and name to throw the playerbase off the scent, i'm out.

-- When people who change their zone files so that they can train/pvp from beneath the world get unbanned within 72 hours by sending a shirtless selfie to the project manager, yikes, i'm out.

I'm happy you're having fun coding EQ PVP but the RoZ project is a rotten fish at this point regardless of the work you do.

I completely understand you perspective on these points and am doing what I can to avoid such nonsense going forward and in 2.0.

Darksinga
06-04-2019, 01:34 PM
To be fair, I’ve been banned 8+ months.

Dwarflord
06-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Well maybe you should stop breaking the rules

quido
06-04-2019, 01:58 PM
To be fair, I’ve been banned 8+ months.

And you're welcome to roll again!

Our staff is pretty good at learning from mistakes. I'm hoping we as a team have realized that unbanning a blatant cheater isn't +1 to population, but rather it's -X to non-cheating population.

The shirtless selfie thing is a joke, by the way.

Ignight
06-04-2019, 02:08 PM
And you're welcome to roll again!

Our staff is pretty good at learning from mistakes. I'm hoping we as a team have realized that unbanning a blatant cheater isn't +1 to population, but rather it's -X to non-cheating population.

Let the cheaters play! They won't cheat again. Riiiiiiiight.

/unsubscribe

quido
06-04-2019, 02:58 PM
We are better at catching cheaters than any server out there. Come try

dudette
06-04-2019, 03:00 PM
Some badddd optics ITT

Mingo
06-04-2019, 03:14 PM

It was made a joke as we all laughed at how ridiculous and deranged the 6 hour public back and forth public conversation was:

https://i.imgur.com/88kh0Po.png

https://i.imgur.com/ZR810QN.png

https://i.imgur.com/qYt61do.png

https://i.imgur.com/CIzMS5h.png

It's his sandbox, he can host it any way that he wants. It's not my place to tell him how to conduct himself. As the developer you make the code in your vision, as the manager he steers the community to his vision, as a player we decide whether or not we want to play there.

The EQ PVP community is small and assimilation of new players will always be much lower than attrition of current players. The project management decisions have contributed more to the attrition of the player base than the development ones IMO.

Dwarflord
06-04-2019, 05:02 PM
sounds like a giant waste of time for me considering everyone playing / developing is dirt poor and playing everquest in 2019

i feel bad for everyone involved

Zalaerian
06-06-2019, 07:16 PM
sorry you lost

Dwarflord
06-06-2019, 08:26 PM
link your magelo for all your raid gear bro

Secrets
06-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Let the cheaters play! They won't cheat again. Riiiiiiiight.

/unsubscribe

They won't cheat again.

Most of the offenders do not cheat the second time around... there's only really the dedicated cheating dudes that constantly get banned... there was one dude using a cheatengine-based program who tried 4 times and gave up.

And if they do cheat again (less than a percentage of active users actually do this) they get insta banned with no recourse because they've already burnt bridges with the administration.

You're severely overestimating the lengths people will go through to play a game that doesn't want them there.

Dwarflord
06-07-2019, 05:28 PM
I really believe you, tell us about that guy who had raid mob defense and hp and took 50 people to move his hp again?

Enjoy your server

RenlyB
06-08-2019, 10:15 PM
I return the energy I'm given from the player base full force. It's mostly all in jest. If you want to cut and paste together woven tinfoil tales you're more than welcome to. If my biggest mistake is unbanning people who /cannot/ cheat again then we're doing something right. And if you don't understand that or are using it to troll or scapegoat then yes, please don't play. We all make 0 dollars from this and players like you just eat up resources living rent free in discord and OOC. I'm not your mother so I don't have to love you.

Dwarflord
06-09-2019, 10:33 AM
If you make 0 dollars from it i suggest doing something else as money is really great and sitting home playing everquest is not

But enjoy your hackbox and stop mentioning it here your pop wont ever go above 250

HippoNipple
06-10-2019, 10:00 AM
If you make 0 dollars from it i suggest doing something else as money is really great and sitting home playing everquest is not

But enjoy your hackbox and stop mentioning it here your pop wont ever go above 250

You are sad, pathetic and dumb.

Dwarflord
06-10-2019, 01:56 PM
and rich also successful ( and dont play video games )

Secrets
06-10-2019, 04:50 PM
and rich also successful ( and dont play video games )

https://i.imgur.com/xC6vWc8.png

Evia
06-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Im a young doctor as well

quido
06-11-2019, 09:00 AM
I have a savings account with over $1000 in it! :cool:

Dwarflord
06-11-2019, 02:58 PM
stop playing video games and work on life or you will live with your mom and run everquest servers and pvp leaderboards for drug addicts forever

quido
06-11-2019, 03:47 PM
That is a good life though.

Dwarflord
06-11-2019, 08:26 PM
it isnt, once you start making money and see how fun it is to pursue women and go out you will hate yourself for every hour you spent killing other losers for no reward

splitpaw gnolls have more sex then you do

quido
06-12-2019, 08:03 AM
No that's not true. Money and sex are mere temporal delights. Our elf victories will echo in eternity.

quido
06-21-2019, 03:01 PM
Could anyone here give me some advice on how to pursue women please?

JurisDictum
06-21-2019, 06:37 PM

Women are all whores. It's best just to make money if you're looking for women. The minute you have a halfway decent job, all sudden women appear out of the woodwork. Like you just popped into existence.

Keep in mind that there are all kinds of whores out there. Cheap whores, expensive whores, evil whores, whores with a heart of gold...

So its up to you to sort out what kind of whore you're going to get and detect the many tricky whores that try to fool you with cheap talk.

Now some might argue: there are ways to appeal to women without taking advantage of their whoreish nature. That's true...but if you have to ask about "how to get women" thats beyond anything you are going to accomplish anyway. Best just to think of them as whores. Because they are.

enr06
06-21-2019, 06:58 PM

Then make them laugh before they realize you're ugly....xd

Mblake81
06-21-2019, 09:15 PM
Women are all whores. It's best just to make money if you're looking for women. The minute you have a halfway decent job, all sudden women appear out of the woodwork. Like you just popped into existence.

Keep in mind that there are all kinds of whores out there. Cheap whores, expensive whores, evil whores, whores with a heart of gold...

So its up to you to sort out what kind of whore you're going to get and detect the many tricky whores that try to fool you with cheap talk.

Now some might argue: there are ways to appeal to women without taking advantage of their whoreish nature. That's true...but if you have to ask about "how to get women" thats beyond anything you are going to accomplish anyway. Best just to think of them as whores. Because they are.

https://i.imgur.com/OmM5T0r.gif

abbud
07-11-2019, 05:18 PM

are you on r/incels?

Topgunben
07-11-2019, 07:58 PM
are you on r/incels?

is incel a real thing or is it just kind of a joke within the incel community and there are but a handful of people that actually subscribe to it

Zuranthium
07-27-2019, 03:11 PM
PvP Balance Adjustments - our PvP is better-tuned across the board with individual features to help PvP

Do you have a full list of specifics somewhere? Somehow I doubt you've properly balanced the insane damage that melee classes do in later eras. Aren't you in Velious (or is it even Luclin now? Gross) and still have caster damage sitting at 66%?

Kokkusho
08-05-2019, 04:41 PM
If you’re relying on training and calling it PvP, congrats, you’re playing blue.

Except you’re also 3 boxing so it’s even lower.

quido
08-07-2019, 01:59 AM
Do you have a full list of specifics somewhere? Somehow I doubt you've properly balanced the insane damage that melee classes do in later eras. Aren't you in Velious (or is it even Luclin now? Gross) and still have caster damage sitting at 66%?

We tune things like spell/melee damage/mitigation per era. We are currently in Luclin (a severely caster dominant era) and still working on balancing that somewhat, but you can read about a lot of our features on our website - www.riseofzek.com

R99 has custom code that further increases melee damage beyond normal - the damage disparity on a primal melee on r99 is way more than it should be. We're actually talking about partially implementing some of these features (like dex vs agi calculations in determining damage and maybe hitrate) to give melee a small boost in an era in which casters are so incredibly powerful.

You will not find a more attentive and responsive dev team anywhere in eqemu pvp.

Zuranthium
08-07-2019, 04:23 AM
That's somewhat encouraging, but Luclin era is not.

The EQ combat system should be re-worked altogether. Movement is one of the most important things in a PvP game and it's something that the spell/resist system of EQ has extremely poor interplay with. Those spells are either totally broken if someone is lacking resists, or entirely useless if someone has high resists. Spells should always land and instead have (significantly) decreased duration/damage depending on resist value, and spells should have independently balanced recharge times so that extremely crucial abilities like root/snare can't be spammed non-stop (by a single player). There's many other issues too.

If you ever reboot the server in an earlier era and are interested in improving the game mechanics from the ground up, let me know. I can help with that. I'm not so interested in the same old EQ.

quido
08-07-2019, 11:51 AM
If you tune resists properly per era, root spam etc shouldn't be an issue - I've just never seen a box that is tuned properly in classic. On our box we think the debuff meta game that includes buff management makes for interesting and skilled game play.

What you speak of in terms of spells always landing against scrubs and never landing against beardgods is exactly what we are working on in balancing luclin. The curve needs to be scrunched such that (non-lure) spells always have a fair chance to land against people no matter how high their resists are, spells always have at least an existent chance to resist for all but the lowest of resists, and decreasing the amount of godlike status imbued by being ultra-geared. I want to scale down the effectiveness of the gear gap in each era, with each successive era requiring further adjustment.

Zuranthium
08-07-2019, 06:52 PM
On our box we think the debuff meta game that includes buff management makes for interesting and skilled game play.

Eh, that's not interesting gameplay to me. I dislike long-term buffs and clickies in general. Interesting gameplay is needing to time skills in order to create kill windows or maximize pressure/defense at a given point.

The curve needs to be scrunched such that (non-lure) spells always have a fair chance to land against people no matter how high their resists are, spells always have at least an existent chance to resist for all but the lowest of resists, and decreasing the amount of godlike status imbued by being ultra-geared. I want to scale down the effectiveness of the gear gap in each era, with each successive era requiring further adjustment.

The idea of resists as they exist in EQ just creates a luck dependent game. A spell should always have the exact same effect on a target, depending on their resist value. That way the player knows what their capability is and approximately what they need to do to win a fight, or how they can reliably contribute to a fight.

Gustoo
09-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Eh, that's not interesting gameplay to me. I dislike long-term buffs and clickies in general. Interesting gameplay is needing to time skills in order to create kill windows or maximize pressure/defense at a given point.

The idea of resists as they exist in EQ just creates a luck dependent game. A spell should always have the exact same effect on a target, depending on their resist value. That way the player knows what their capability is and approximately what they need to do to win a fight, or how they can reliably contribute to a fight.

Sounds like you wanna play wow or 1 of any 19 other mmos who's primary game mechanic is cool down management. Allowing you to mathematically calculate exactly what should happen in a given encounter is not very EverQuest either. What do you like about ever quest?

Chortles Snort|eS
09-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Jeremy alive me hope?

Mblake81
09-07-2019, 08:24 PM
everquest was the first real mmo, it got enough things right but not all of them

it was never designed for pvp

You can't have it all, Sheryl

quido
09-11-2019, 12:29 PM
There's a lot you can do for PVP balance to make it better, ideally within each expansion.

Chortles Snort|eS
09-11-2019, 01:26 PM
me glaD 2 heaR timourOuS dEeP didn T siNk jeRmy

quido
09-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Thanks bro, Dorian battered us a small amount but not bad.