PDA

View Full Version : Raising CoV faction with helmets at low levels. A couple ??s

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-31-2019, 03:35 PM
Looking to raise CoV faction on a low level toon. Have a couple questions to that..

1.What faction do you start out with the Sentry for giant helmet turn ins?
2. What faction do you need to meet for those turn ins to gain you faction?
3. Is there a level requirement for those turn ins, and is there a level requirement for receiving the appropriate CoV gear?
4. There are various posts and threads claiming that the wiki value for turning in a helm is not correct. Some say +5 some give other estimated values under the +15 that is given on wiki. As for as anyone knows, whats the value? is Wiki correct?

Id like to note that Im most likely going to get suggestions to get a faction hit on Vindi/Statue/AoW, and I of course am going to to my best to give that a go.

Teppler
01-31-2019, 03:42 PM
Don’t think it’s worth it compared to just sitting in Kael and knocking faction hits.

Takes forever to buy enough, they don’t stack, almost everyone starts kos and it will cost you several thousand plat.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-31-2019, 03:47 PM
Don’t think it’s worth it compared to just sitting in Kael and knocking faction hits.

Takes forever to buy enough, they don’t stack, almost everyone starts kos and it will cost you several thousand plat.

I have several weight reduction bags with enough room to fill em up with atleast 50 helms, enough plat to max ally CoV through helm turn ins on several characters, and I believe even one round of Statue/AoW/Vindi wont bring me to ally. Hence instead of waiting another week, I can use that time to buy helms (of which I already have two 10 slot bags worth) and I can make up the difference with helm turn ins and/or sitting at WL/Kael ZL tagging giants on the sidelines with a faction group.

Teppler
01-31-2019, 04:05 PM
I have several weight reduction bags with enough room to fill em up with atleast 50 helms, enough plat to max ally CoV through helm turn ins on several characters, and I believe even one round of Statue/AoW/Vindi wont bring me to ally. Hence instead of waiting another week, I can use that time to buy helms (of which I already have two 10 slot bags worth) and I can make up the difference with helm turn ins and/or sitting at WL/Kael ZL tagging giants on the sidelines with a faction group.

I had a similar plan recently too. It ended up being much easier to just tag faction hits but give it go.

Baylan295
01-31-2019, 04:08 PM
I had a similar plan recently too. It ended up being much easier to just tag faction hits but give it go.

It’s not easier when the mob regularly dies at 4 am when most sane human beings are asleep.

Para99
01-31-2019, 04:22 PM
1 - Every toon I've had started at threatening with CoV. Think it's the low end of threatening too, because an Alliance neck wont push you to Dubious.

2 - The page says Dubious for faction which is probably right a few other CoV quests can be done at Dubious.

3 - No

4 - I don't know the actual value but Dubious to minimum Ally is like 1700 points so if the 15 on the wiki is right you're looking at 114 or so helms once you kill enough giants to be Dubious which sounds about right. If it's 5 points it would be 340 which doesn't sound right.

I know the numbers on the Coldain page of 56 helms for Apprehensive to Kindly are right because I wrote that, but Threatening to Ally is a much larger range.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-31-2019, 04:36 PM
1 - Every toon I've had started at threatening with CoV. Think it's the low end of threatening too, because an Alliance neck wont push you to Dubious.

2 - The page says Dubious for faction which is probably right a few other CoV quests can be done at Dubious.

3 - No

4 - I don't know the actual value but Dubious to minimum Ally is like 1700 points so if the 15 on the wiki is right you're looking at 114 or so helms once you kill enough giants to be Dubious which sounds about right. If it's 5 points it would be 340 which doesn't sound right.

I know the numbers on the Coldain page of 56 helms for Apprehensive to Kindly are right because I wrote that, but Threatening to Ally is a much larger range.

Thank you very much for this... This is all the information I needed.