PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter question, Mez + Charm = better?

Validar
01-26-2019, 01:32 PM
I don’t know where I got this impression or this information but I wanted to ask on here if it’s even a true thing.

Does charm work better on a mezzed mob?

I was told to mez then charm. Is it true that it holds the charm better if the target is mezzed first?

Any insite on this will help!

Lamil
02-01-2019, 12:22 PM
I'm not positive but it is easier to mezzo a mob then Tash/charm. Mostly because it's not beating on you and you can get it debuffed and charmed.

Para99
02-01-2019, 01:03 PM
I don’t know where I got this impression or this information but I wanted to ask on here if it’s even a true thing.

I was told to mez then charm. Is it true that it holds the charm better if the target is mezzed first?

The only thing that helps charm hold better is level range of mob, CHA, and -MR.

Theoretically some bard mez could help you land the charm since they reduce MR for a few ticks, but it wears off fast so it wouldn't make a difference in duration. Enchanter mez doesn't reduce MR. Landing the charm shouldn't be a worry though unless the mobs you are trying to charm are to high for your level.

Throndor
02-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Stun mez charm is more reliable since a resist on the charm doesnt equal mob(s) on you.

Contrarily if ur soloing stun charm leaves mob on u with at least 1 stun agro (400 hate) if u didnt already tash slow the opposing 2nd mob = 1200 hate (400+600+200) with both ur recharm and the charmtanked mob on u too. Of course we talking abou ut ae mez with a nonrooted charmtanked mob here.

In a group atmosphere stun + instantclick + recharm is more effective over a multi trial long haul for max charm dps since ur not waiting on lvl4 mez wearing off every charmbreak

Baylan295
02-04-2019, 10:54 AM
Stun mez charm is more reliable since a resist on the charm doesnt equal mob(s) on you.

Contrarily if ur soloing stun charm leaves mob on u with at least 1 stun agro (400 hate) if u didnt already tash slow the opposing 2nd mob = 1200 hate (400+600+200) with both ur recharm and the charmtanked mob on u too. Of course we talking abou ut ae mez with a nonrooted charmtanked mob here.

In a group atmosphere stun + instantclick + recharm is more effective over a multi trial long haul for max charm dps since ur not waiting on lvl4 mez wearing off every charmbreak

The only charm spell that is short enough to consistently recharge during a stun is Boltran’s. Stun/Mez/recharm is the only viable solution for much of the game, because Boltran’s is just too expensive on a mana pool until very late in an enchanter’s life.

Throndor
02-04-2019, 02:00 PM
The only charm spell that is short enough to consistently recharge during a stun is Boltran’s. Stun/Mez/recharm is the only viable solution for much of the game, because Boltran’s is just too expensive on a mana pool until very late in an enchanter’s life.

If you have an instant click item to spam as soon as your stun lands, you can click it to reset the global cooldown without having to wait the 2.5seconds. At that point, you can channel Allure in time to land it before stun wears.

Likewise, I believe this works with the lvl 44 ae stun and cajoling as well.

Baylan295
02-04-2019, 02:05 PM
If you have an instant click item to spam as soon as your stun lands, you can click it to reset the global cooldown without having to wait the 2.5seconds. At that point, you can channel Allure in time to land it before stun wears.

Likewise, I believe this works with the lvl 44 ae stun and cajoling as well.

Key word, consistently.

Stun/Mez/recharm is far more consistent.

Throndor
02-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Key word, consistently.

Stun/Mez/recharm is far more consistent.

I suppose. But we're already on the tertiary discussion in accepting the fact that we're debating what has already been clarified as the "most DPS-Efficient" way to re-charm in a safe group / rooted charm mob setting.

Plus if you are as risk-averse as you're alluding to then you also have the option or running a few steps away from the mob while clicking ur instant clickie to channel allure/cajoling since you're essentially going to gain range in what would otherwise be mechanical deadtime moving your mouse around to hover over casts or readying your fingers for numeric keystrokes.

kjs86z
02-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Stun, mez, (re-tash if needed), charm.

dcrag
02-07-2019, 10:53 PM
with lower than 80ms and resetting gem 1 you can actually (if at proper distance, usually people practice this to become like second nature)

long stun > tash > reset spell > charm > mob wont swing once

ZiggyTheMuss
02-07-2019, 11:31 PM

Doesn’t matter if you mez first. At higher levels even unless I want to re tash my pet on a break I will usually just color slant and re-charm. Pet gets right back into the action.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-07-2019, 11:32 PM

You can do color slant/allure if you do it quickly and use an instant click cool down of course.

Foxplay
02-07-2019, 11:47 PM
If you can't land stun > charm . Then your a bad enchanter and need to practice more (or your connection is trash)

I 100% agree that stun > Mez > charm is safer. But it can also waste alot of time

Also the comment about boltran being the only one fast enough is 100% incorrect, allure is fast enough if your reaction and click times are better than a potato

Baylan295
02-08-2019, 12:06 AM
If you can't land stun > charm . Then your a bad enchanter and need to practice more (or your connection is trash)

I 100% agree that stun > Mez > charm is safer. But it can also waste alot of time

Also the comment about boltran being the only one fast enough is 100% incorrect, allure is fast enough if your reaction and click times are better than a potato

Congrats on being an insulting jerk for absolutely no reason.

Foxplay
02-08-2019, 04:09 AM
Congrats on being an insulting jerk for absolutely no reason.

So? ppl wanna cry when someone tells them they are doing something wrong. If they are doing it wrong they are doing it wrong and they are bad at it. You don't pass a test if get all the answers wrong, the teacher isn't a jerk when he says you need to practice more / study more / train more / whatever.

Point is if you cant Stun > Charm, you are failing a basic part of the enchanter class, and thus a bad enchanter

DMN
02-08-2019, 06:25 AM
All these procribed casting orders are pretty silly, frankly. Everything depends on the situation you are in: the mob you are trying to charm, are you solo, small group/duo, full group, exping or loot whoring etc. Ideally for max safety you'd want to have enough room to try a mez before you need to try to land a stun. Obviously if you are in a group you might not need to be so careful, but even then perhaps you have a fully hasted/given hasted gear mobs that can kill you before the cleric can get his hand out of the Doritos.

And getting back to the OPs question which has already been answered, perhaps they were talking about/confused bard's using mez/charm? The bard mez has a magic resist debuff if I'm not mistaken.

Baylan295
02-08-2019, 08:36 AM
So? ppl wanna cry when someone tells them they are doing something wrong. If they are doing it wrong they are doing it wrong and they are bad at it. You don't pass a test if get all the answers wrong, the teacher isn't a jerk when he says you need to practice more / study more / train more / whatever.

Point is if you cant Stun > Charm, you are failing a basic part of the enchanter class, and thus a bad enchanter

Thanks for proving my point.

There is a difference between telling someone they’re doing something wrong (which I would argue, and being an ass about it.

Troxx
02-08-2019, 10:47 AM

You are not factually incorrect, but your choice of wording made you look like a douche canoe.

Grail3r
02-18-2019, 07:27 AM
stun / mez charm is always the safer option . the mez lasts 24 seconds .. but you don't have to recharm instantly .. also if you want to bail you can always mez .. kill rooted mob .. and mem blur ex pet .

wagorf
02-19-2019, 06:08 AM

was gonna say this, but foxplay said it all

and using boltrans over allure is dumb - if allure works use it, if lvl 52+ mob then its even more no brainer

and why the f do some ppl retash every time pet breaks, that's a waste of time/mana, just plain stupid