PDA

View Full Version : Kael Faction

twaggoner2
01-25-2019, 04:13 PM
Hello currently i am lvling up my Troll Shadowknight named Zeppelin, right now he is 39. Right now i am focusing on Kael faction by killing Coldains. I am wondering if there is a guild who is on that faction or are there anyone who wants to faction with me. You can always send me a message in game on Zeppelin

Fireapple
01-25-2019, 07:18 PM
Can I just recommend that you don't go for Kael faction until you're completely done with Thurg/SS. For example; Scout bracer, Coldain Ring, and easier access into Velious armor. If you go straight into raiding or gear hunting at 60 with no intent on using thurg or ss early on, you will be wearing EC tunnel armor for a long time.

Gumbo
01-25-2019, 11:16 PM
Can I just recommend that you don't go for Kael faction until you're completely done with Thurg/SS. For example; Scout bracer, Coldain Ring, and easier access into Velious armor. If you go straight into raiding or gear hunting at 60 with no intent on using thurg or ss early on, you will be wearing EC tunnel armor for a long time.

I believe what the OP is trying to do is gain faction for Thurg/SS by killing Giants in Kael. If he doesn't kill enough Giants then his Thurg/SS won't be high enough for the items/armor you mentioned.

OP, go to Kael and ask groups if you can tag the mob. This way you'll get the faction without them losing the XP.

Kesselring
01-26-2019, 12:18 AM
Hello currently i am lvling up my Troll Shadowknight named Zeppelin, right now he is 39. Right now i am focusing on Kael faction by killing Coldains. I am wondering if there is a guild who is on that faction or are there anyone who wants to faction with me. You can always send me a message in game on Zeppelin

Its not like live where guilds would be one faction or the other. You can change faction as fast as a day if you know what youre doing.

aaezil
01-26-2019, 01:25 AM
I believe what the OP is trying to do is gain faction for Thurg/SS by killing Giants in Kael. If he doesn't kill enough Giants then his Thurg/SS won't be high enough for the items/armor you mentioned.

OP, go to Kael and ask groups if you can tag the mob. This way you'll get the faction without them losing the XP.

OP literally wrote that he’s killing Coldain so idk why you would post this comment

Troxx
01-26-2019, 06:43 PM
There are few benefits to being on giant faction.

Vizax_Xaziv
01-26-2019, 10:18 PM

One of the greatest being fashionquest (for many class armors at least)

Lojik
01-27-2019, 05:50 AM

If you like to solo dragons in west wastes it's pretty nice. Otherwise yeah, not such a great idea. People on this server much prefer to be on SS faction for more quests and quest armor with better stats.

Swish2
01-27-2019, 07:55 AM
If custom content is ever a thing it'd be nice to have some giant faction incentives ^^

Vanech
01-27-2019, 09:07 AM
If custom content is ever a thing it'd be nice to have some giant faction incentives ^^

Agreed. The giants really got the short end of the stick out of the factions on Velious. They drop some of the best loot outside of ToV (NToV) and ST (RIP), their armor quests are meh. They don't have any epic quest lines like the coldain shawl / ring.

While everyone eventually ends up killing dragons in the end there is no real incentive to become friends with the 'riff / 'zek, other than for corpse runs during failed Tormax / AoW raids, or scouting.

The Krom on Velious were probably intended to be on an equal footing with the Coldain in order to give the players a choice but the higher ups decided they needed a villian. The Krom were the most alien out of the two, since dwarves where already a player race.

I feel like there should have been two sections to Kael, just like Thurg. A basic city zone and all the raid targets tucked beyond.

Kinda like Firiona Vie and The Overthere, I guess?

*minus the raid targets, of course.

twaggoner2
01-29-2019, 11:14 AM
Thank you to everyone who posted. The reason I want to kill the Coldain dwarfs is that on my other two characters they both killed giants. With this toon "Zepelin" I am trying to do different things.

Schmandis
01-29-2019, 03:16 PM
Thank you to everyone who posted. The reason I want to kill the Coldain dwarfs is that on my other two characters they both killed giants. With this toon "Zepelin" I am trying to do different things.

I'd recommend it then. Two of my chars are CoV factioned, the other two are Kael factioned (one of which is a Shaman that does alot of WW farming).

Lord BoB sometimes does WToV raids for Kael armor. There's also a monthly (sometimes semi-monthly) open WToV raid.

Here's a few quests to help with faction and have decent gear rewards:
Dragon heads, Living Dragons, Mechanical Net Delivery, Wenglawks The Traitor, Reinforcements for The Tunarean Regiment, Tiny Savages

If anything, the Coldains are a decent cash camp. People pay upward to 100 or 150 plat for their heads.

Sonderbeast
01-30-2019, 06:08 PM
Hey OP, we have an open WTOV raid bi-monthly that everyone can come join. Minimum requirements are level 52, but the system is set up to be pretty flexible so you can bring another character that is more useful if you are set on gearing up an alt character. Here (http://https://discord.gg/nzM8K45) is the Discord, we'll be raiding this Friday!

LadyRae
01-31-2019, 02:13 PM
You can do it, Zep!! Get down with yer evil self!

Alanus
01-31-2019, 05:10 PM
The best reason to go giant faction: https://wiki.project1999.com/Wenglawks_Manly_Purse

LadyRae
01-31-2019, 09:43 PM
The best reason to go giant faction: https://wiki.project1999.com/Wenglawks_Manly_Purse
omgerd, so many, much awe