PDA

View Full Version : The problem with immolation.

Irulan
01-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Is the high survival rate. There's potentially decades worth of suffering with only like a 70% mortality rate. Also they scream and curl into the fetal position as they die. So probably not actually painless.

I am going to say for certainty. Driving factors are practice. Desensitization. Speed. Reletivly painless to initiate, so quick, and irreversible.

Explosives and extremely quick and lethal toxins. Toxins are easy to fuck up and actually hard to source.

Falling impacts still have like a 7% survival rate that leaves the person basically a paraplegic.

My biggest issues are violent trauma being tasteless and potentially survivable, so no morr wing suiting, death by cop, or daredevil bullshit for me.

Starvation is actually practice-able and potentially low pain, dehydration can get ya to. And hypothermia. Brain really does shut down quickly once deprived of needed resources. 50/50 myself on how long the suffering actually lasts, but they seem apparently natural and peaceful endings. Very arguably "natural causes" here too. As it's basically just exercising free will to choose without being deliberately destructive or violent to the vessel.

There's always finding nice hot viscous lava flow and overcoming the initial self preservation instinct. A few thousand degrees should be 100% effective and relatively quick. Also no cleanup necessary. And no one can really fuck with remains. Also a big +. Shouldn't be to much trouble to get to a volcano if determined.

Just random thoughts and theory.

Mblake1981
01-25-2019, 12:33 PM
Garsh

https://i.imgur.com/IrkAsoh.jpg?1

Irulan
01-25-2019, 12:50 PM
Garsh

Ty :D

I loathe the idea of doing logistics and almost never do any. Once I do, the process like planning many aspects of a vacation for example, it is quite a pleasure in a masochistic but penny-pinching for good value sort of way.

Would you enjoy killing me by fire more than pushing me off of a high bridge?

I did not want to poop up Laird Balers holy Yes or No thread.

Wonkie
01-25-2019, 01:11 PM
Garsh

lol

Irulan
01-25-2019, 01:14 PM
Tbh I am a little young, dementia'd, lowclass to truly understand the goofy reference.

YendorLootmonkey
01-25-2019, 01:17 PM
Close and file under "social media posts they go back and find after something bad happens that should have tipped people off that you read about later on CNN"

Patriam1066
01-25-2019, 01:18 PM
Garsh

Haha

Irulan
01-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Google tells me I am overthinking this and making it too complex.

Irulan
01-25-2019, 01:21 PM
Close and file under "social media posts they go back and find after something bad happens that should have tipped people off that you read about later on CNN"

If something bad happened in my orbit or to me people would likely not notice. Like if I accidentally fell down a ravine and froze in an ice cold stream while hiking off trail.

Cecily
01-25-2019, 01:27 PM
A self-destructive man feels completely alienated, utterly alone. He's an outsider to the human community. He thinks to himself, "I must be insane." What he fails to realize is that society has, just as he does, a vested interest in considerable losses and catastrophes. These wars, famines, floods and quakes meet well-defined needs. Man wants chaos. In fact, he's gotta have it. Depression, strife, riots, murder, all this dread. We're irresistibly drawn to that almost orgiastic state created out of death and destruction. It's in all of us. We revel in it. Sure, the media tries to put a sad face on these things, painting them up as great human tragedies. But we all know the function of the media has never been to eliminate the evils of the world, no. Their job is to persuade us to accept those evils and get used to living with them. The powers that be want us to be passive observers. Hey, you got a match? And they haven't given us any other options outside the occasional, purely symbolic, participatory act of voting. You want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? I feel that the time has come to project my own inadequacies and dissatisfactions into the sociopolitical and scientific schemes, let my own lack of a voice be heard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZ_lLUIIyU

10 years ago a girl at a bar told me I looked like that nose touching kid from dazed and confused.

Irulan
01-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Waking Life
A self-destructive man feels completely alienated, utterly alone. He's an outsider to the human community. He thinks to himself, "I must be insane." What he fails to realize is that society has, just as he does, a vested interest in considerable losses and catastrophes. These wars, famines, floods and quakes meet well-defined needs. Man wants chaos. In fact, he's gotta have it. Depression, strife, riots, murder, all this dread. We're irresistibly drawn to that almost orgiastic state created out of death and destruction. It's in all of us. We revel in it. Sure, the media tries to put a sad face on these things, painting them up as great human tragedies. But we all know the function of the media has never been to eliminate the evils of the world, no. Their job is to persuade us to accept those evils and get used to living with them. The powers that be want us to be passive observers. Hey, you got a match? And they haven't given us any other options outside the occasional, purely symbolic, participatory act of voting. You want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? I feel that the time has come to project my own inadequacies and dissatisfactions into the sociopolitical and scientific schemes, let my own lack of a voice be heard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZ_lLUIIyU

10 years ago a girl at a bar told me I looked like that nose touching kid from dazed and confused.
Nice post, A+

Irulan
01-25-2019, 01:53 PM
Also person with hair in vid is pretty girly neutral.